Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 11:08:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [REPOST FOR NEWBS] - I of Mems list Encourage boycotting MPEx and SDICE [RACISM]  (Read 4088 times)
mem (OP)

Activity: 644
Merit: 501

Herp Derp PTY LTD

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 04:31:11 AM

No, it is being oblivious to the things that happen to those discriminated against.  
Why do you find it worthwhile to argue that we should have no sensitivity to people?  It doesn't hurt you.  It doesn't infringe on your freedom.  It's just understanding where a person is coming from and attempting to empathize with that.

Im glad to see we do have voices of reason in bitcointalk.org.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Chaoskampf

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

order in numbers

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 05:22:37 AM

ignorance....the cancer that just keeps on giving....

mem (OP)

Activity: 644
Merit: 501

Herp Derp PTY LTD

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 09:18:08 AM

ignorance....the cancer that just keeps on giving....

All we can do is raise awareness :|

MPOE-PR

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 12:22:31 PM

No, it is being oblivious to the things that happen to those discriminated against.  
Why do you find it worthwhile to argue that we should have no sensitivity to people?  It doesn't hurt you.  It doesn't infringe on your freedom.  It's just understanding where a person is coming from and attempting to empathize with that.

That was a whole load of bull. Practically speaking, if somebody steps on a rake that's great: he gets to learn firsthand why not to step on rakes. No empathizing needed. If that somebody doesn't step on a rake that's also great. So no, I have no idea where you're coming from, other than the obvious "guy with no skills and no ability trying to invent something to do that doesn't take work".

mem you're retarded and you should be ashamed.
What's the connection between his political views and the exhange?
He thinks whatever he wants, that's his position and you shouldn't make a big deal out of it.
Besides it seems that you stopped reading his conversation after he said the word "nigger", if you read the rest you can see that he explains himself.
In anyway you're an idiot, there's a difference between his business and his own thoughts.

Well, libertards are usually all for political freedom until somebody happens to not drink their koolaid. Then it's suddenly libertard fascism full bore. I should be mindful of old ladies' psychotic reactions to pets and old ladies don't need to be mindful of the perfectly legitimate and vastly common pet keeping behavior of the human race. Which behavior gave us milk and eggs and horseback travel not to mention everything else.

What have psychotic old ladies done for us?

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
FCTaiChi

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

decentralizedhashing.com

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2013, 04:26:54 PM

MPOE why do you keep attacking me?  Try to use logic and ideas rather than making up things about my lifestyle.

We're not talking about a person unintentionally causing their self harm.  This is about a person or group taking something from another person or group.  When a society normalizes or trivializes any such event, it encourages it to worsen.  Look at year by year statistics of sexual assault in the military.

As to learning, what has the victim learned?  Someone is discriminated against or assaulted, what have they learned?  Fear?  That they are to blame?  "Hey you shouldn't have been there.  Should have defended yourself.  Shouldn't have worn that!"  Concentrating on the victim mostly just causes them to take an unwarranted share of the blame.

Mining Equipment Comparison Table                               Bitcoin News                             1nKAizrhGzvLfWBVfX8fGLAs6kxKV7aXM
ktttn

Activity: 126

Capitalism is the crisis.

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2013, 10:58:57 PM

Again, privilege.

"Privilege" is what the consciously lazy call other people's merit, skill and accomplishment. Get off your fat ass, do something useful and forget about all the deep envy over other people's success. You can have a little piece of it too, one day, maybe.
Words can't define themselves. There is a big difference between revisionism, and reclaiming & rebranding. Privelige, as per my understanding of the word, refers to the meritless property unrelated to skill that all individuals come to the table ov life with initially. The type and degree of privelige one has is based only on peer's preconcieved ideas of an individual's cultural or group traits, and expectations thereof.
To get a fair judgement of someone's ideology, vocabulary must be considered but content and motivations are not overlookable.

Wit all my solidarities,
-ktttn
Ever see a gutterpunk spanging for cryptocoins?
LfkJXVy8DanHm6aKegnmzvY8ZJuw8Dp4Qc
MPOE-PR

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 09:52:27 AM

refers to the meritless property

There is no such thing as "meritless" property. Further, the presumption that you'd be in a position to judge the "merit" of others' property is unjustifiable intellectually and offensive politically.

What's next, "meritless" Bitcoin? He who has the key has the Bitcoin, that's the whole story. This is what property means, it is its own merit.

The type and degree of privelige one has is based only on peer's preconcieved ideas of an individual's cultural or group traits, and expectations thereof.

One can never and may never be judged by recourse to a group. This is essentially what racism is, judging one individual by recourse to a group.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
r3wt

Activity: 686
Merit: 504

always the student, never the master.

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 09:59:14 AM

the stupidity of you monkeys never ceases to amaze me.

nigger is an insult.
so is fag.
so is bitch.
so is cunt.

you can choose to care or you can choose not too, but realize it makes no difference either way.

/enlightened

My negative trust rating is reflective of a personal vendetta by someone on default trust.
r3wt

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 10:02:04 AM

One can never and may never be judged by recourse to a group. This is essentially what racism is, judging one individual by recourse to a group.

smoke some more crack you pedantic twat.

racism is an implied sense of inferiority. nothing less, nothing more.

My negative trust rating is reflective of a personal vendetta by someone on default trust.
ktttn

Activity: 126

Capitalism is the crisis.

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2013, 11:23:17 AM

There is no such thing as "meritless" property. Further, the presumption that you'd be in a position to judge the "merit" of others' property is unjustifiable intellectually and offensive politically.

What's next, "meritless" Bitcoin? He who has the key has the Bitcoin, that's the whole story. This is what property means, it is its own merit.

The type and degree of privelige one has is based only on peer's preconcieved ideas of an individual's cultural or group traits, and expectations thereof.

Very valid point! Meritless property is an oxymoron. Unearned credit gets the idea across more clearly. Thx for pointing that out. I was less refering to owned posessions and more to traits.
Racism is a system that promotes unfounded gaps in privelige without always intending to. Much of it comes directly from racism- however there are many more types of traits that can cut someone off from the privelige of trust that are not related to race. We all have some sort of advantage in the eyes of some, of course it works the other way around too with disadvantages.
Im not condemning the system of privelige wholesale - good judgement of character based on educated assessments and sound values are great. I'm saying many of the factors that go into it are results of flawed thinking- like racism or bigotry.
Back to the topic, Its easy to overlook what may very well be neat ideas when youre yelling at someone for using cursewords. Identifying implicit racism is more prodictive than finding explitives.

Wit all my solidarities,
-ktttn
Ever see a gutterpunk spanging for cryptocoins?
LfkJXVy8DanHm6aKegnmzvY8ZJuw8Dp4Qc
r3wt

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 12:19:59 PM

too many derptards not enough shotguns!

sayaz

Activity: 119
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 12:23:00 PM

Shocking
FCTaiChi

decentralizedhashing.com

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2013, 02:29:54 PM

the stupidity of you monkeys never ceases to amaze me.

nigger is an insult.
so is fag.
so is bitch.
so is cunt.

you can choose to care or you can choose not too, but realize it makes no difference either way.

/enlightened

I find it highly likely that a person who would say this is white, straight, and male.  Happens to be my situation too.  I didn't think much of the privilege argument until I started looking.  It seems like the craziest thing to say, so rude, "You think I'm privileged?  I don't get into good schools because of the color of my skin."  And so on.  It wasn't until I started listening to people coming from that side of things that I realized that not only was there something to it, it is system wide.  There is advantage to demonizing whole groups of people.  Do you not see that?  or do you think it's a good thing?

Mining Equipment Comparison Table                               Bitcoin News                             1nKAizrhGzvLfWBVfX8fGLAs6kxKV7aXM
MPOE-PR

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 03:14:33 PM

smoke some more crack you pedantic twat.

racism is an implied sense of inferiority. nothing less, nothing more.

The fact that you are my intellectual inferior requires little intimation. You make it obvious. This has little to do with your race.

Back to the topic, Its easy to overlook what may very well be neat ideas when youre yelling at someone for using cursewords. Identifying implicit racism is more prodictive than finding explitives.

So now we're back to the topic of you making recommendations to me, while overlooking the fact that I'm by far the only pro PR on this forum and you have no credentials. Where do you get off, exactly?

It seems like the craziest thing to say, so rude, "You think I'm privileged?  I don't get into good schools because of the color of my skin."  And so on.  It wasn't until I started listening to people coming from that side of things that I realized that not only was there something to it, it is system wide.

Schools have absolutely nothing to do with it. Fundamentally all "privilege" talk can be reduced without remainder to Chris Rock's part in Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back (Chaka Luther King). Whenever someone uses that word in any other way than to make fun of how utterly stupid it is, they're basically speaking of themselves, giving proof of how wilfully stupid, wilfully lazy or wilfully stupid and lazy they are.

There is advantage to demonizing whole groups of people.  Do you not see that?  or do you think it's a good thing?

I am saying that it is exactly how things should work. Everyone thinks he personally is worth two shits. Let him prove that rather than whine and solicit "empathy". The onus is on him.

Being a person is something you earn, not something you're born into.

FCTaiChi

decentralizedhashing.com

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2013, 03:36:54 PM

Could you please define what "wilfully stupid, wilfully lazy or wilfully stupid and lazy" means?
I don't understand the culture reference, if you want to explain...

MPOE-PR

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 05:07:51 PM

Could you please define what "wilfully stupid, wilfully lazy or wilfully stupid and lazy" means?
I don't understand the culture reference, if you want to explain...

That's a new one, but let's try.

Suppose Moe sees a girl he likes in the street. Being a little weird Moe starts following her. She goes to the gym, wherein some muscular dude picks her up and then later that day Moe sees her giving him superb head in the park.

Suppose the world were really flat and unidimensional, and it were a point of fact that the only reason for all this was exactly the dude being muscular and Moe being...well...you know.

Being stupid is missing this point.

Being wilfully stupid is catching on to the muscular point, but also being aware that muscle takes work-out and so pretending to have missed the point.

Being wilfully lazy is catching on to the muscular point, but pretending that no work-out is necessary.

Being wilfully stupid and lazy is catching on to the muscular point, but also being aware that muscle takes work-out so pretending like chicks "shouldn't" dig muscular guys and muscles "shouldn't" take working out, and further pretending that "an ideal world" would work so that "everyone" gets chicks and abs just because they exist, and that "everyone" "should" be striving for the enactment of such a retarded "ideal" and so forth.

I know you're really tempted to argue your way out of this, but really, there is no way out: as long as you are seriously preoccupied with "privilege" you are either deliberately stupid, deliberately lazy or both.

jborkl

Activity: 246

Team Heritage Motorsports

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2013, 06:07:54 PM

MPOE-PR

That was the best post I have ever read. 

Pale Phoenix

Activity: 420

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 07:33:38 PM

LOL, it's not everyday you witness a person supposedly retained to provide public relations services engaged in a full throated (if convoluted), public defense of her employer's use of racial slurs. Good show!

Let me go out on a limb by suggesting that MPOE-PR has never met a real public relations professional or perhaps there's just not much of substance going on in the MPOE organization.

Oh I know, I'm just a newbie nobody demonstrating my intellectual inferiority... or a scammer. You got it all figured out PR chick!

BTCoder

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 08:41:40 PM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=186041.0

http://polimedia.us/trilema/2012/the-nigger-homeowners-and-other-niggers/

This is the kind of person they chose to do business with. 
No excuses, either remove yourself from that horrible business or be forever blacklisted on my list as a supporters of a hate group.

MPEx and every business associated with it is a nasty stain on bitcoins reputation and I will have nothing todo with it.

Erik I encourage you to respond but my stance will not change, either you stop doing business with that pimple on the ass of bitcoin or be branded a racist.
Lol
jamesgarfield

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 08:45:16 PM

Dude above me, calm the hell down!
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: