Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 10:30:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: The result of our STATIC nodes poll was 500,000 coins on deposit for Level 1 STATIC nodes.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ... 346 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [NEW XBY ANN] XTRABYTES - BECAUSE THE BLOCKCHAIN CAN BE BETTER  (Read 371069 times)
CCRevolution (OP)

Activity: 602
Merit: 255

View Profile
April 15, 2017, 09:38:31 AM

Since this is Easter Weekend, many of you (like myself) will be celebrating with friends and family this weekend. So I would like to take a moment to wish you all Happy Easter if you are celebrating, from my family to yours!

I will check in from time to time to respond if I have a moment, but I will mostly be unavailable for the next couple days.

Happy Easter!!

Happy Easter to you too CCR.. Glad you took time off during this important time. Hope you had time to go to Church also. I wish you well and thanks again for your kind comments earlier.

Thank you, Eben! Yes, we will go to the church at midnight tonight to come home with light Wink Blessings in return and Happy Easter again!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
CCRevolution (OP)

View Profile
April 15, 2017, 09:43:07 AM

I am always looking at good opportunities to buy into coins early and tell my Friends on FB and twitter. I have a lot of followers on both platforms. I would love to do a blog review and a video also to get the word out if there is a little bounty bag going for a good promotion. I will buy some also on C-CEX.. I don't have vps yet but I would love to have a few masternodes nodes if possible.  Smiley

Thank you for your interest, Qiwoman2! This sounds very interesting to me and I am sure the rest of the community will agree, but we will leave it up to them to respond also. We welcome your interest in buying some XBY as I believe it is definitely in your best interest.

Regarding the STaTiC Nodes; you do not need VPS or any special super powers inside your PC. Regular computer and regular internet connections is sufficient for our STaTiC Nodes. So, pretty well anyone can participate if they see the vision.

Let's see what the community says and discuss directly after the holiday.

Thank you again for your interest and Happy Easter!
aarell

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 15, 2017, 02:06:23 PM

I am always looking at good opportunities to buy into coins early and tell my Friends on FB and twitter. I have a lot of followers on both platforms. I would love to do a blog review and a video also to get the word out if there is a little bounty bag going for a good promotion. I will buy some also on C-CEX.. I don't have vps yet but I would love to have a few masternodes nodes if possible.  Smiley

Thank you for your interest, Qiwoman2! This sounds very interesting to me and I am sure the rest of the community will agree, but we will leave it up to them to respond also. We welcome your interest in buying some XBY as I believe it is definitely in your best interest.

Regarding the STaTiC Nodes; you do not need VPS or any special super powers inside your PC. Regular computer and regular internet connections is sufficient for our STaTiC Nodes. So, pretty well anyone can participate if they see the vision.

Let's see what the community says and discuss directly after the holiday.

Thank you again for your interest and Happy Easter!

I am in favour of accepting the above proposal. Happy Easter to all.
CCNCCN

Activity: 173
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 15, 2017, 04:58:48 PM

Hey I just bought some XBY and am interested in starting a master node. 

Is there a guide on starting one i've missed?  I.e. which addresses I need to send XBT to to register my private wallet as a node?
borzalom

Activity: 169

View Profile
April 15, 2017, 09:40:37 PM

24993 !!! ;-)
borzalom

View Profile
April 15, 2017, 09:53:12 PM

24999 !!!
kamiyama

Activity: 742
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 15, 2017, 11:14:41 PM

XtraBYtes block explorer   Blocks:   25039 Cheesy

borzalom

View Profile
April 16, 2017, 08:27:37 AM

https://github.com/borzalom/XtraBYtes/releases/tag/windows-pre
onnz423alt

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 16, 2017, 08:55:21 AM

Great work! I'll compile when i get home for raspberry pi.

CCRevolution (OP)

View Profile
April 16, 2017, 11:51:50 AM

I am in favour of accepting the above proposal. Happy Easter to all.

Thank you Aarell, I am also in favor provided we see solid value after getting more details.

CCRevolution (OP)

View Profile
April 16, 2017, 12:01:42 PM

Hey I just bought some XBY and am interested in starting a master node. 

Is there a guide on starting one i've missed?  I.e. which addresses I need to send XBT to to register my private wallet as a node?

Excellent choice!!

The guide will be coming ASAP (probably later today). I am new at this also and late last night Borzalom and I spent a few minutes getting mine set up and once we are online together again we will complete the second and final part of the process. At that point I will be able to create a simple, step by step guide.

Once again, this is a very busy weekend for many people (myself included) and we will get back on track completely once the celebration is complete.

Happy Easter!!
CCRevolution (OP)

View Profile
April 16, 2017, 12:02:19 PM
Last edit: April 17, 2017, 01:08:58 PM by CCRevolution

Thank you again, Onni!

CCRevolution (OP)

View Profile
April 17, 2017, 01:08:21 PM
Last edit: April 17, 2017, 09:32:32 PM by CCRevolution

An Unusual Opportunity:

How often in your crypto journey have you stumbled upon a solid DEV team that released a coin at 1 satoshi? I don't know this to be a fact, but it would not surprise me if this NEVER happened before...

In general we see coins launch with some sort of pre-determined (somehow they value themselves) amount of satoshis and this can have lots to do with: the amount of coins, the project itself, the money behind it, the people behind it and/or the time and money spent to that point (among other factors I am sure). With all that taken into account, I think coin operations generally try to launch themselves in the ballpark of where people will accept them or they will highball it and let the chips fall where they may. When the latter happens (even the former), this can leave many bag-holders or disgruntled individuals who cut their losses and move on before profits come their way. Then of course there are scam coins that are designed only to trick people into believing there is something, when really there is nothing except a black hole (Bitmox and many others).

Realistically... it is always somewhat of a crap-shoot when we get involved with investing our Bitcoins into a coin. This is true even for established coins because of the sometimes incredible volatility of prices moving up and down, offering opportunities for BOOM and BUST on the same swings of the bats at the markets.

However, more often than not, if there is a decent DEV and a decent Project, people will buy and hold and prices will slowly climb and we should be able to look at the next 10 years and be able to see that (as the rest of the masses join us) baseline coin prices will steadily increase for each respective operation.

Now let's take a look at XtraBYtes:

This is definitely a VERY unusual situation (opportunity) and one that even myself and Borzalom are still amazed that we stumbled into, because everything was totally by chance...

• A 25 year veteran programmer with 7 or so years of blockchain experience fell into the Bitmox trap.
  • A 20+ year veteran of sales and marketing with about 18 years of online experience fell into the Bitmox trap.
  • After about 3 weeks of watching the activity of Bitmox dry up, the programmer decided to take charge and started doing "CPR" on his Bitmox investment.
  • About 2 weeks later, the marketer decided to do some digging and found a thread and offered to help the programmer with a PM followed by a forum message.

Below is my first message EVER posted on Bitcointalk and it is in response to a help request by Borzalom:

Below are the first few messages I sent to Borzalom:

http://xtrabytes.club/images/BitmoxToXtraBYtesStart.jpg (Large image and reducing was making it blurry, so I just put the url if you want to read my first messages sent)

Of course, in between each message I sent was a reply from Borzalom:

http://xtrabytes.club/images/BitmoxToXtraBYtesStartReply.jpg (Large image and reducing was making it blurry, so I just put the url if you want to read his replies)

And this is where XtraBYtes started... Why?

Well, because we found that we were a good team and we both wanted to try to save our investments. But, at first we did not realize this was going to develop into what could become one of the biggest LITTLE successes in the world of Crypto.

This is where all of you come into the picture with us. You are all some variation of a: helper, supporter, encourager, investor or STaTiC Node Partner and each play a significant role in the past, present and future of this operation. Obviously this makes us all 1 big team and I personally like to operate this way. I believe in T.E.A.M. (Together Everyone Achieves More).

Perhaps one of the most exciting and CRAZIEST things about the crypto world is that NOBODY can predict where a coins PEAK value will be. Nobody can come to you and say XtraBYtes will never pass 10 sats or 100 sats or even 1000 sats and quite frankly in the long run, nobody can even say there is a limit to the price of XtraBYtes. This is because at this point it is impossible to say what XtraBYtes will be in 5 or 10 years time. Maybe we will be The PREMIER Blockchain Shared Storage Service. The name sure is catchy enough to open that roadway.

At XtraBYtes you have a Solid Development Team (sure we are unknown, but we both know and use our skills very well, we get along great and we are both straight shooters that operate with honesty and integrity) and we also have a small (but growing) nucleus of our core supporters. Then when you look at the fact that our UNUSUAL beginning has us with our nice little XBY coins sitting at 1 and 2 satoshis currently... Well, you do the math!!

Also keep in mind that Borzalom and I did not drop these coins out of our hard-drives. We invested in this (just like you) and perhaps this is even more valuable in comparison to some other operations because it is not free money to us... We are working very hard to make this coin a success and this has inspired many great things so far and will continue to do the same because now XtraBYtes has LIFE and we are excited about our baby.

So, invest if you will... The water is warm... and the SKY is the LIMIT!!

PS. Stay Tuned... The first section of STaTiC Node setup instructions is almost completed, but I was inspired to write this post first!  Cool

CCNCCN

Activity: 173

View Profile
April 17, 2017, 01:21:35 PM

An Unusual Opportunity:

How often in your crypto journey have you stumbled upon a solid DEV team that released a coin at 1 satoshi? I don't know this to be a fact, but it would not surprise me if this NEVER happened before...

In general we see coins launch with some sort of pre-determined (somehow they value themselves) amount of satoshis and this can have lots to do with: the amount of coins, the project itself, the money behind it, the people behind it and/or the time and money spent to that point (among other factors I am sure). With all that taken into account, I think coin operations generally try to launch themselves in the ballpark of where people will accept them or they will highball it and let the chips fall where they may. When the latter happens (even the former), this can leave many bag-holders or disgruntled individuals who cut their losses and move on before profits come their way. Then of course there are scam coins that are designed only to trick people into believing there is something, when really there is nothing except a black hole (Bitmox and many others).

Realistically... it is always somewhat of a crap-shoot when we get involved with investing our Bitcoins into a coin. This is true even for established coins because of the sometimes incredible volatility of prices moving up and down, offering opportunities for BOOM and BUST on in the same swings of the bats on the markets.

However, more often than not, if there is a decent DEV and a decent Project, people will buy and hold and prices will slowly climb and we should be able to look at the next 10 years and be able to see that (as the rest of the masses join us) baseline coin prices will steadily increase for each respective operation.

Now let's take a look at XtraBYtes:

This is definitely a VERY unusual situation (opportunity) and one that even myself and Borzalom are still amazed that we stumbled into, because everything was totally by chance...

• A 25 year veteran programmer with 7 or so years of blockchain experience fell into the Bitmox trap.
  • A 20+ year veteran of sales and marketing with about 18 years of online experience fell into the Bitmox trap.
  • After about 3 weeks of watching the activity of Bitmox dry up, the programmer decided to take charge and started doing "CPR" on his Bitmox investment.
  • About 2 weeks later, the marketer decided to do some digging and found a thread and offered to help the programmer with a PM followed by a forum message.

Below is my first message EVER posted on Bitcointalk and it is in response to a help request by Borzalom:

Below are the first few messages I sent to Borzalom:

http://xtrabytes.club/images/BitmoxToXtraBYtesStart.jpg (Large image and reducing was making it blurry, so I just put the url if you want to read my first messages sent)

Of course, in between each message I sent was a reply from Borzalom:

http://xtrabytes.club/images/BitmoxToXtraBYtesStartReply.jpg (Large image and reducing was making it blurry, so I just put the url if you want to read his replies)

And this is where XtraBYtes started... Why?

Well, because we found that we were a good team and we both wanted to try to save our investments. But, at first we did not realize this was going to develop into what could become one of the biggest LITTLE successes in the world of Crypto.

This is where all of you come into the picture with us. You are all some variation of a: helper, supporter, encourager, investor or STaTiC Node Partner and each play a significant role in the past, present and future of this operation. Obviously this makes us all 1 big team and I personally like to operate this way. I believe in T.E.A.M. (Together Everyone Achieves More).

Perhaps one of the most exciting and CRAZIEST things about the crypto world is that NOBODY can predict where a coins PEAK value will be. Nobody can come to you and say XtraBYtes will never pass 10 sats or 100 sats or even 1000 sats and quite frankly in the long run, nobody can even say there is a limit to the price of XtraBYtes. This is because at this point it is impossible to say what XtraBYtes will be in 5 or 10 years time. Maybe we will be The PREMIER Blockchain Shared Storage Service. The name sure is catchy enough to open that roadway.

At XtraBYtes you have a Solid Development Team (sure we are unknown, but we both know and use our skills very well, we get along great and we are both straight shooters that operate with honesty and integrity) and we also have a small (but growing) nucleus of our core supporters. Then when you look at the fact that our UNUSUAL beginning has us with our nice little XBY coins sitting at 1 and 2 satoshis currently... Well, you do the math!!

Also keep in mind that Borzalom and I did not drop these coins out of our hard-drives. We invested in this (just like you) and perhaps this is even more valuable in comparison to some other operations because it is not free money to us... We are working very hard to make this coin a success and this has inspired many great things so far and will continue to do the same because now XtraBYtes has LIFE and we are excited about our baby.

So, invest if you will... The water is warm... and the SKY is the LIMIT!!

PS. Stay Tuned... The first section of STaTiC Node setup instructions is almost completed, but I was inspired to write this post first!  Cool

I am a big fan of the aim and the history of how the team came together.  

I think on a forward looking basis it is probably worth getting some more help to the team with more team members to help when things get tough/life gets in the way .

Once I get my wallet sorted (which I plan to do in line with getting a pair of static nodes online) i'll donate to the right link to support the cause.

Good luck.
CCRevolution (OP)

View Profile
April 17, 2017, 01:40:02 PM

I am a big fan of the aim and the history of how the team came together.  

I think on a forward looking basis it is probably worth getting some more help to the team with more team members to help when things get tough/life gets in the way .

Once I get my wallet sorted (which I plan to do in line with getting a pair of static nodes online) i'll donate to the right link to support the cause.

Good luck.

Awesome! Thank You!! And Yes we are definitely looking for more of the right people to get involved directly... We welcome ALL helpers and contributors (this relates more to development contributions than XBY community donations) because as you clearly recognize, time is a valuable and diminishing resource and we each only have 24 hours in a day to spend.  Smiley

3rojan

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 17, 2017, 01:46:39 PM

So this is basically a community takeover and rebrand by the bagholders of the ico?

Sounds good I'm in!
onnz423alt

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 17, 2017, 01:54:51 PM
Last edit: April 17, 2017, 02:05:50 PM by onnz423alt

Updating my node 212.24.104.24 to version on this repo: https://github.com/borzalom/XtraBYtes
If anyone is having this problem while compiling:
Code:
groestl.c:3122:1: fatal error: opening dependency file obj/groestl.d

Do this since it worked for me:
go into the Xtrabytes root folder of the source and write this:
Code:
mkdir -p src/obj/XtraBYtes
cd src/leveldb && make libleveldb.a libmemenv.a

That should help with the compiling, hope this was helpful for someone!
If you want to run a node for XtraBYtes but not exactly sure how to compile, let me know and im here to help with it.

Edit: the node is running, i will upload the qt for raspberry pi tomorrow because i will compile it over night.

CCRevolution (OP)

View Profile
April 17, 2017, 02:26:20 PM

So this is basically a community takeover and rebrand by the bagholders of the ico?

Sounds good I'm in!

That is a good way to sum it up...

Welcome to XtraBYtes!!
CCRevolution (OP)

View Profile
April 17, 2017, 02:27:31 PM

Updating my node 212.24.104.24 to version on this repo: https://github.com/borzalom/XtraBYtes
If anyone is having this problem while compiling:
Code:
groestl.c:3122:1: fatal error: opening dependency file obj/groestl.d

Do this since it worked for me:
go into the Xtrabytes root folder of the source and write this:
Code:
mkdir -p src/obj/XtraBYtes
cd src/leveldb && make libleveldb.a libmemenv.a

That should help with the compiling, hope this was helpful for someone!
If you want to run a node for XtraBYtes but not exactly sure how to compile, let me know and im here to help with it.

Edit: the node is running, i will upload the qt for raspberry pi tomorrow because i will compile it over night.

Thank you Onni!!
fbastage

Activity: 367

View Profile
April 17, 2017, 03:13:10 PM

Thanks for the tip, @onnz423alt.  I hit that too, and just gave up at that point.

Once past that line, I needed to install the boost and berkeley db dependencies:

sudo apt-get install libboost-all-dev
sudo apt-get install libdb++-dev

but now I'm stuck on:
Code:
In file included from /usr/include/boost/asio/ssl/context.hpp:786:0,
                 from /usr/include/boost/asio/ssl.hpp:19,
                 from xtrabytesrpc.cpp:23:
/usr/include/boost/asio/ssl/impl/context.ipp: In constructor ‘boost::asio::ssl::context::context(boost::asio::ssl::context_base::method)’:
/usr/include/boost/asio/ssl/impl/context.ipp:91:29: error: ‘::SSLv3_method’ has not been declared
     handle_ = ::SSL_CTX_new(::SSLv3_method());
                             ^
/usr/include/boost/asio/ssl/impl/context.ipp:94:29: error: ‘::SSLv3_client_method’ has not been declared
     handle_ = ::SSL_CTX_new(::SSLv3_client_method());
                             ^
/usr/include/boost/asio/ssl/impl/context.ipp:97:29: error: ‘::SSLv3_server_method’ has not been declared
     handle_ = ::SSL_CTX_new(::SSLv3_server_method());
                             ^
make: *** [obj/xtrabytesrpc.o] Error 1
any tips for resolving this?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ... 346 »
  Print  

Jump to: