Bitcoin Forum
June 18, 2024, 11:37:41 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: The result of our STATIC nodes poll was 500,000 coins on deposit for Level 1 STATIC nodes.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 [52] 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 ... 346 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [NEW XBY ANN] XTRABYTES - BECAUSE THE BLOCKCHAIN CAN BE BETTER  (Read 371102 times)
eastward

Activity: 91
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 02, 2017, 11:39:14 AM

How is gray, how to use?

You need to have 500100 coins in the wallet so the button becomes activated.
I already have 600000 coins!

I think you need to have exactly 500100

that cant be right, unless you cant store the coins you make per transaction on the same wallet?

Dev?

He either has the wrong wallet (download latest Windows from ANN please) or he does not have EXACTLY 500.100 XBY on the wallet. This is clearly described in the instructions. This is ONLY a deposit wallet and it eventually gets put into cold storage after the actual STaTiC wallet is configured in the next phase.

If more than 500100 coins, is not it?
Lopchi

Activity: 207
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 02, 2017, 11:57:11 AM

How is gray, how to use?

that cant be right, unless you cant store the coins you make per transaction on the same wallet?

Dev?

He either has the wrong wallet (download latest Windows from ANN please) or he does not have EXACTLY 500.100 XBY on the wallet. This is clearly described in the instructions. This is ONLY a deposit wallet and it eventually gets put into cold storage after the actual STaTiC wallet is configured in the next phase.

He said exactly 500100 so i guess he means not more either.

CCRevolution (OP)

Activity: 602
Merit: 255

View Profile
May 02, 2017, 11:58:34 AM

I know I'm brand new here and haven't earned the right to give input yet, but I'll give it anyway.  Grin   There are already a lot of coins that start with X. I think Xtrabytes might do better with a more distinct name. Maybe something to do with signatures?

You must be joking, I find Xtrabytes a good brand name and is well thought for the masses.

I already had a short discussion with AsikeyZ on Slack about this:

ccrevolution
5:04 AM
Thank you for your input... we can do all sorts of things for promotions like that to gain market size. We could not change the XBY and the name XtraBYtes came out of this through community interaction. The bigger picture also came from this in the sense that our main service will be decentralized shared storage (bytes) Hence... XtraBYtes :wink:
5:05
That is the brand and we can become the #1 brand very easily with a name like that.
aiskeyz
5:21 AM
@ccrevolution Gotcha. I hope I didn't sound like I was fudding. I just like the signature aspect and think it would be cool to portray that aspect in the branding. I understand better now why that name was chosen.

ccrevolution
5:28 AM
@aiskeyz never thought that at all April... We will build big campaigns around the PoSign...  Cool

CCRevolution (OP)

View Profile
May 02, 2017, 12:04:16 PM

How is gray, how to use?

Dev?

East, please discuss this in Slack... there is no point to post over top of your questions here in the forum. We will help you... As I said, you need EXACTLY < this means (no more, no less...) exactly 500.100 XBY on the wallet for the registration access to be activated. So, you cannot even have 500,100.00000001 because it will not work.

Thank you!

fbastage

Activity: 367

View Profile
May 02, 2017, 12:25:38 PM

your 500,100 coins should be in the same address too, right?  not just the same wallet (with different addresses)?

correct me if I'm wrong
TroySmith

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 02, 2017, 12:46:31 PM

I know I'm brand new here and haven't earned the right to give input yet, but I'll give it anyway.  Grin   There are already a lot of coins that start with X. I think Xtrabytes might do better with a more distinct name. Maybe something to do with signatures?

You must be joking, I find Xtrabytes a good brand name and is well thought for the masses.

ccrevolution
Thank you for your input... we can do all sorts of things for promotions like that to gain market size. We could not change the XBY and the name XtraBYtes came out of this through community interaction. The bigger picture also came from this in the sense that our main service will be decentralized shared storage (bytes) Hence... XtraBYtes :wink:
That is the brand and we can become the #1 brand very easily with a name like that.
aiskeyz
@ccrevolution Gotcha. I hope I didn't sound like I was fudding. I just like the signature aspect and think it would be cool to portray that aspect in the branding. I understand better now why that name was chosen.

ccrevolution
@aiskeyz never thought that at all April... We will build big campaigns around the PoSign...  Cool

I've been around crypto some years now and follow things very closely. Can I suggest you don't focus on the storage aspect TOO much because there are already coins doing this, coins like Storj and Sia just off the top of my head. Its not that unique and won't produce much interest or market cap. I liked the idea of building a whole ecosystem but also people are talking about that quite a lot but IS a great direction long term....a kind of decentralised Google. BUT the major focus and selling point which makes this coin unique MUST be the static nodes and POSign way of securing the system. TRUST me this MUST be the focus. Unique wins, copying others won't.
CCRevolution (OP)

View Profile
May 02, 2017, 12:47:06 PM

your 500,100 coins should be in the same address too, right?  not just the same wallet (with different addresses)?

correct me if I'm wrong

These are the instructions:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LAY4cvMAao4

The deposit wallet is separate... please follow the instructions.

CCRevolution (OP)

View Profile
May 02, 2017, 12:55:11 PM

ccrevolution
aiskeyz

ccrevolution

I've been around crypto some years now and follow things very closely. Can I suggest you don't focus on the storage aspect TOO much because there are already coins doing this, coins like Storj and Sia just off the top of my head. Its not that unique and won't produce much interest or market cap. I liked the idea of building a whole ecosystem but also people are talking about that quite a lot but IS a great direction long term....a kind of decentralised Google. BUT the major focus and selling point which makes this coin unique MUST be the static nodes and POSign way of securing the system. TRUST me this MUST be the focus. Unique wins, copying others won't.

Thanks Troy, storage is ONLY the first application and the natural target when we first began to develop the long term plans after figuring out how to use the ticker XBY. We all must understand the communications between Borzalom and I, long before any new people knew this was becoming something. I asked him several times if we can change the name... At the time we had Bitmox... what the heck can kind of marketing campaign can you build around THAT?? Nada...

So, I was told that we CAN change that name, but we CANNOT change XBY otherwise we have to make a whole new coin and then all of us who were scammed would lose the money the scammer took in the Bitmox ICO. Therefore, that was not an option... So, I came up with a few names that might work with the letters XBY and I put it out to the small community we had at that time and from this, one of our dedicated members, name Aarell threw back some more ideas and from this, XtraBYtes was born...

Now, what can we do with XtraBYtes?? Well, storage is first... and here we are!!

However, the bigger picture here with Borzaloms invention of PoSign and the STaTiC node setup is actually a Decentralized Super System. So, there is MUCH more to come and XtraBYtes is the BRAND we will build this around...

Thank you again for your input and for being a valued member of the XtraBYtes Community Corporation!!

TroySmith

Activity: 48

View Profile
May 02, 2017, 01:05:41 PM

I know I'm brand new here and haven't earned the right to give input yet, but I'll give it anyway.  Grin   There are already a lot of coins that start with X. I think Xtrabytes might do better with a more distinct name. Maybe something to do with signatures?

ccrevolution
aiskeyz

ccrevolution

Thanks Troy, storage is ONLY the first application and the natural target when we first began to develop the long term plans after figuring out how to use the ticker XBY. We all must understand the communications between Borzalom and I, long before any new people knew this was becoming something. I asked him several times if we can change the name... At the time we had Bitmox... what the heck can kind of marketing campaign can you build around THAT?? Nada...

So, I was told that we CAN change that name, but we CANNOT change XBY otherwise we have to make a whole new coin and then all of us who were scammed would lose the money the scammer took in the Bitmox ICO. Therefore, that was not an option... So, I came up with a few names that might work with the letters XBY and I put it out to the small community we had at that time and from this, one of our dedicated members, name Aarell threw back some more ideas and from this, XtraBYtes was born...

Now, what can we do with XtraBYtes?? Well, storage is first... and here we are!!

However, the bigger picture here with Borzaloms invention of PoSign and the STaTiC node setup is actually a Decentralized Super System. So, there is MUCH more to come and XtraBYtes is the BRAND we will build this around...

Thank you again for your input and for being a valued member of the XtraBYtes Community Corporation!!

I think the name is fine, no complaints here. I would actually argue that names aren't as important as people think, most of the top 20 coin names are pretty silly if you look at them, Ripple, Etherum, Agur, Golem!! it doesn't matter.  Cheesy What people care about is what they do.

But my point on focus of marketing was important, I think you know what I'm saying so I won't repeat myself, thanks for you're work. But I will say what I think would be a bad idea is to say hey this coin is a decentralised platform (sooo many people doing that now, dime a dozen) and oh yeah by the way it has a unique way it secures the chain. The selling point is POSign front and centre....and other stuff can follow that.
CCRevolution (OP)

View Profile
May 02, 2017, 01:30:14 PM

I know I'm brand new here and haven't earned the right to give input yet, but I'll give it anyway.  Grin   There are already a lot of coins that start with X. I think Xtrabytes might do better with a more distinct name. Maybe something to do with signatures?

ccrevolution
aiskeyz

ccrevolution

I think the name is fine, no complaints here. I would actually argue that names aren't as important as people think, most of the top 20 coin names are pretty silly if you look at them, Ripple, Etherum, Agur, Golem!! it doesn't matter.  Cheesy What people care about is what they do.

But my point on focus of marketing was important, I think you know what I'm saying so I won't repeat myself, thanks for you're work. But I will say what I think would be a bad idea is to say hey this coin is a decentralised platform (sooo many people doing that now, dime a dozen) and oh yeah by the way it has a unique way it secures the chain. The selling point is POSign front and centre....and other stuff can follow that.

We will get it all honed down to perfection as a community. Speaking of which, if you are not on our Slack and would like to join, please send me a PM with your email and I will add you.

Thanks!

posternat

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 02, 2017, 02:23:42 PM

I have been following this Coin for a week now and really like the active participation of people and Dev here. I just want to know one question before i setup my static node. Can you tell me exactly what is the benefit of having a static node ?
Martin958

Activity: 232

View Profile
May 02, 2017, 02:44:01 PM

If this coin is progressing there should be a lot of buys but I'm seeing a lot of dumps instead,new name same system,the dev should prove his innocent of course yobit bot might  has something with this but it cannot go on for days,there should be improvements.

XtraBYtes is new... it has been pulled from the ashes by this community. You are FUDing... I can see by your level of experience in the forum that you know exactly how trading goes and to say what you have said is only good for casting doubt Smiley We have VERY high buys over the last few days. A coin of such low satoshi value to be on top trader at C-CEX and also in top 15 on Yobit is indicative of VERY HIGH trading.

Patience people... lets see where our price is after the next 3 months have passed. I personally am very excited because I know what is coming... I just cannot reveal all plans yet.

Hello and thanks for this fantastic new coin. If I was a dev I would like to do it like this too.

When you say new things are coming - does that mean in addition to static nodes, or a new feature besides static nodes?
realistic1

Activity: 155

View Profile
May 02, 2017, 02:52:18 PM

Sorry to be critical but there are 3 major points of communication where people find out about a coin.

1. The OP is first buy a mile. The OP has almost nothing about Static Nodes and POSign. No new website links, all to old terrible looking website. In the first 30 seconds someone checks out the is thread you would of lost 90% of serious investors. Ive made OPs before that usinally take 10 minutes of cut and paste as we already have the new logos and information and shiny new website. The OP is overlong and not concise and ultimately says very little. We don't need to know all about how it came out of a scam for one thing.

2. The website. Why are we still linking to old bad one when we have a nice new one that has all the relevant information?

3. Coinmarketcap links. The logo is old, the links go to old website.

Anyone could spend 5 minutes looking at this coin and find nothing that didn't look like any other shitcoin. I know everyone is busy but a clear OP has to be done ASAP.
Joker07

Activity: 502
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2017, 05:34:02 PM

I have been following this Coin for a week now and really like the active participation of people and Dev here. I just want to know one question before i setup my static node. Can you tell me exactly what is the benefit of having a static node ?

waiting answer me too  Cool Cool Cool
aarell

Activity: 392

View Profile
May 02, 2017, 05:54:22 PM

waiting answer me too  Cool Cool Cool

Benefit of having a Static Node is, rewards will come from the 100 XBY fee for each transaction and these fees are distributed to the STaTiC Nodes as payment for their contribution to the XtraBYtes network. Some part of fees will also go to community. Percentage not yet decided.
aarell

Activity: 392

View Profile
May 02, 2017, 05:55:55 PM

Benefit of having a Static Node is, rewards will come from the 100 XBY fee for each transaction and these fees are distributed to the STaTiC Nodes as payment for their contribution to the XtraBYtes network. Some part of fees will also go to community. Percentage not yet decided.
Joker07

Activity: 502

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2017, 06:05:55 PM

thank you bro  Cheesy Cheesy
Ribbetlover

Activity: 33

View Profile
May 02, 2017, 06:11:03 PM

Been following this project for a week and have bought some coins and set up a node. I think we need more nodes to push the idea the network is very secure, hurry up! Not much time left.
samspaces
Legendary

Activity: 1453
Merit: 1030

View Profile
May 02, 2017, 06:32:19 PM

I went through the staticnode registration steps on page 20.

How is the wallet that has received the transaction supposed to know what the static node wallet is?
There is no connection between them, in the steps described on page 20.

"c.) You do not need the RECEIVE address for this wallet, it will never have coins sent to it."

Bumping this.
trumpman

Activity: 914
Merit: 299

View Profile
May 02, 2017, 06:37:55 PM

bought some very cheap coins just now for 130, I don't think the price is getting any lower than that  Grin Grin Grin Grin
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 [52] 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 ... 346 »
  Print  

Jump to: