Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 05:22:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: The result of our STATIC nodes poll was 500,000 coins on deposit for Level 1 STATIC nodes.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... 346 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [NEW XBY ANN] XTRABYTES - BECAUSE THE BLOCKCHAIN CAN BE BETTER  (Read 371083 times)
CCRevolution (OP)

Activity: 602
Merit: 255

View Profile
April 17, 2017, 03:29:49 PM
Last edit: April 23, 2017, 01:55:08 AM by CCRevolution

These are the first steps in setting up a STaTiC Node with Windows:

1.) Download XtraBYtes Wallet:

a.) Save in its own directory (ie. D:\XBY ) [Make whatever path you want, but this example uses this sequence.]
              b.) Run wallet and allow the blockchain to sync [You can still copy your address for later steps while syncing.]
              c.) Transfer spendable coins to this wallet if you have extra for your own security [Do Not Send STaTiC Node Coins here if buying the exact amounts because each transfer has a fee of 100 XBY.]

2.) Creating STaTiC Node Address:

a.) Open cmd window [Start button > Type cmd in Search Programs and Files (click enter)]
              b.) Type the following commands: d: (click enter) cd d:\XBY (click enter) dir (click enter) [Notice that at this point you can see the directories in the XBY folder and next we will add your new directory.]
              c.) Type the following commands: mkdir staticnode (click enter) dir (click enter) [Notice that you can now see a new directory called "staticnode".]
              d.) Type the following commands: xtrabytes-qt.exe -datadir=staticnode (click enter) [Now a new version of the XtraBYtes wallet will start and this will be empty (assuming you have coins in your original "spendable" wallet) and therefore it is a completely different wallet.]

NOTICE - DO NOT CLOSE CMD WINDOW [Unless you want to type all the commands again later.]

3.) Sending XBY to YOUR new STaTiC Node Address:

a.) Go to RECEIVE COINS on the XBY STaTiC wallet and right click on the address to copy it, then paste in notepad for later use.
              b.) Option 1 - Send exact amount of coins directly from C-CEX to YOUR STaTiC Node. * Option 2 -Send available coins from SPENDABLE WALLET [original main wallet] to YOUR STaTiC Node.

Option 1:
              i) Go to C-CEX and do a transfer of 1.000.000 XBY (updated) to the address that is pasted in your notepad [YOUR STaTiC Node address in the other wallet.]

Option 2:
              i) Exit your STaTiC Node Wallet
              ii) Open MAIN wallet [use xtrabytes-qt in your XBY directory]
              iii) Send 1.000.000 (updated) to the address pasted in your notepad [YOUR STaTiC Node address in the other wallet]
              iv) Exit your SPENDABLE wallet
              v) Open your STaTiC Node Wallet by revisiting the CMD window and click the up arrow key to reload the last command, which was xtrabytes-qt.exe -datadir=staticnode (click enter) and now the STaTiC Node Wallet will start again and if your coins will arrive or they have arrived already [provided you made no mistakes].

For additional STaTiC Nodes, you can follow the same steps in section 2 with the exception that you must use different names, such as:

mkdir staticnode2
mkdir staticnode3
mkdir staticnode4 and so on to however many you will have... and this must be completed with the other section of the commands with:

xtrabytes-qt.exe -datadir=staticnode2
xtrabytes-qt.exe -datadir=staticnode3
xtrabytes-qt.exe -datadir=staticnode4 in order to start each wallet and at that point you will continue with section 3 to get your XBY transferred over to YOUR other STaTiC Nodes.

Moving between wallets:

If you do not close the windows cmd box, this is very easy because you can just click the up arrow on your keyboard to bring up the last command, which was to open a wallet (xtrabytes-qt.exe -datadir=staticnode). So, you just change the ID of the wallet (xtrabytes-qt.exe -datadir=staticnode2 etc.) and click enter. Otherwise, you will have to re-type all the command prompts to get the directory opened again and then you will finish with entering the open command for whatever wallet you want, such as xtrabytes-qt.exe -datadir=staticnode or xtrabytes-qt.exe -datadir=staticnode2 etc.

Also Note:

We discovered that you do not have to send all 1.000.000 coins in 1 transaction. The system will recognize multiple transactions that eventually add up to 1 million XBY. Just keep in mind you are paying a 100 XBY fee for each transfer you do.

Part 2: Registering your STaTiC Node will come ASAP after Borzalom has completed the programming.

Please let us know if there are any errors in these instructions as you go through your own setups.

Thank you!!

Disclaimer:

OK, I normally get Borzalom to verify technical stuff but I think we are OK here after spending a few hours over the weekend getting this set up together and he is not available right now. If there are any mistakes I will correct the instructions and if we need anything else added, I will edit and add... This is also getting posted now because I have the chance to get this important post at the top of page 7.

Please note the part above just about not having to send all 1 million in a single transaction. So, please do a small test (or wait 'til later) of like 500 XBY before you transfer the whole lot... This is always recommended but especially since these instructions are NOT VERIFIED by Borzalom. EDIT - Borzalom has verified and all is correct.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
CCRevolution (OP)

View Profile
April 17, 2017, 03:54:55 PM

Save and SECURE your STaTiC Node Private Keys

After you have set up your STaTiC Node, it is highly recommended that you save your private key and this is best done by printing on a piece of paper, rather than a digital copy that can be lost or damaged. In fact, multiple copies of digital and hard copy is never a bad idea (with 1 under the dogs bed also) Wink

So, to get your private key, go to EACH STaTiC Node wallet and also your SPENDABLE wallet and follow the instructions below:

Click Help > Debug Window > Console

At the bottom cmd box, enter the following: dumpprivkey HCEDWswDI98.... (this is the receiving address of the STaTiC Node you are working securing) and press enter.

Now you will see the Private Key (the longer address) and this is what you want to save, but be sure to include it with the corresponding wallet address to avoid confusion if you have many.

onnz423alt

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 17, 2017, 06:21:36 PM

Thanks for the tip, @onnz423alt.  I hit that too, and just gave up at that point.

Once past that line, I needed to install the boost and berkeley db dependencies:

sudo apt-get install libboost-all-dev
sudo apt-get install libdb++-dev

but now I'm stuck on:
Code:
In file included from /usr/include/boost/asio/ssl/context.hpp:786:0,
                 from /usr/include/boost/asio/ssl.hpp:19,
                 from xtrabytesrpc.cpp:23:
/usr/include/boost/asio/ssl/impl/context.ipp: In constructor ‘boost::asio::ssl::context::context(boost::asio::ssl::context_base::method)’:
/usr/include/boost/asio/ssl/impl/context.ipp:91:29: error: ‘::SSLv3_method’ has not been declared
     handle_ = ::SSL_CTX_new(::SSLv3_method());
                             ^
/usr/include/boost/asio/ssl/impl/context.ipp:94:29: error: ‘::SSLv3_client_method’ has not been declared
     handle_ = ::SSL_CTX_new(::SSLv3_client_method());
                             ^
/usr/include/boost/asio/ssl/impl/context.ipp:97:29: error: ‘::SSLv3_server_method’ has not been declared
     handle_ = ::SSL_CTX_new(::SSLv3_server_method());
                             ^
make: *** [obj/xtrabytesrpc.o] Error 1
any tips for resolving this?

Try:
Code:
sudo apt-get install libminiupnpc-dev libssl-dev

fbastage

Activity: 367
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 17, 2017, 06:34:36 PM

Try:

Thanks for the reply.

I already have those installed, but does not resolve the issue.
onnz423alt

View Profile
April 17, 2017, 06:35:11 PM

Here is the updated raspberry pi xtrabytes-qt file: http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=11672811363337686541

onnz423alt

View Profile
April 17, 2017, 06:39:45 PM

Try:

Thanks for the reply.

I already have those installed, but does not resolve the issue.

Which linux distribution do you have?
Does the obj folder exist on src?

fbastage

Activity: 367

View Profile
April 17, 2017, 06:55:36 PM

Ubuntu 14.04.5

looks like SSL3 is not available on this distro/version.

I found this patch and am able to compile:

https://github.com/boostorg/asio/commit/bae401b1eb0594932c4e780d496cba852c23b75f?diff=split

modifying:
/usr/include/boost/asio/ssl/impl/context.ipp
/usr/include/boost/asio/ssl/old/detail/openssl_context_service.hpp

running daemon now, is syncing.  success, I think.
borzalom

Activity: 169

View Profile
April 17, 2017, 07:00:28 PM

Thanks for the tip, @onnz423alt.  I hit that too, and just gave up at that point.

Once past that line, I needed to install the boost and berkeley db dependencies:

sudo apt-get install libboost-all-dev
sudo apt-get install libdb++-dev

but now I'm stuck on:
Code:
In file included from /usr/include/boost/asio/ssl/context.hpp:786:0,
                 from /usr/include/boost/asio/ssl.hpp:19,
                 from xtrabytesrpc.cpp:23:
/usr/include/boost/asio/ssl/impl/context.ipp: In constructor ‘boost::asio::ssl::context::context(boost::asio::ssl::context_base::method)’:
/usr/include/boost/asio/ssl/impl/context.ipp:91:29: error: ‘::SSLv3_method’ has not been declared
     handle_ = ::SSL_CTX_new(::SSLv3_method());
                             ^
/usr/include/boost/asio/ssl/impl/context.ipp:94:29: error: ‘::SSLv3_client_method’ has not been declared
     handle_ = ::SSL_CTX_new(::SSLv3_client_method());
                             ^
/usr/include/boost/asio/ssl/impl/context.ipp:97:29: error: ‘::SSLv3_server_method’ has not been declared
     handle_ = ::SSL_CTX_new(::SSLv3_server_method());
                             ^
make: *** [obj/xtrabytesrpc.o] Error 1
any tips for resolving this?

you need this:

apt-get install libssl-dev

step by step screenshots you found here: https://github.com/borzalom/bitmox/tree/master/doc/Debian7-install

Best way if you install all required packages:

apt-get install git build-essential libboost-dev libboost-all-dev libssl-dev libdb++-dev libminiupnpc-dev
CCNCCN

Activity: 173

View Profile
April 18, 2017, 12:02:31 AM

Notwithstanding my enthusiasm for XBY, has anyone (of skill much greater than mine) had a chance to look through the source for the windows wallet for anything unusual? 

Alternatively if anyone has a handy link of guidance on what to look forI can give it a go to look through
kamiyama

Activity: 742
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 18, 2017, 01:23:12 AM

Even if I continue to use Bitmo wallet, is there no problem?
borzalom

View Profile
April 18, 2017, 08:28:35 AM
Last edit: April 18, 2017, 10:46:20 AM by borzalom

Even if I continue to use Bitmo wallet, is there no problem?
No problem. The old client also works but you will need to replace is after the development of new features (like the STaTiC Node registration feature). BUT! If you wish to contribute to the development of XtraBYtes, then it's better if you help by testing and always using the latest version.

onnz423alt

View Profile
April 18, 2017, 09:23:47 AM

2 sat wall is soon gone and we have some buy support too. Great work XtraBYtes team! Grin

CCRevolution (OP)

View Profile
April 18, 2017, 11:13:06 AM

2 sat wall is soon gone and we have some buy support too. Great work XtraBYtes team! Grin

Yes, GREAT WORK to all the T.E.A.M. Cheesy Things are looking better and stronger by the day!!
borzalom

View Profile
April 18, 2017, 12:14:48 PM

Notwithstanding my enthusiasm for XBY, has anyone (of skill much greater than mine) had a chance to look through the source for the windows wallet for anything unusual? 

Alternatively if anyone has a handy link of guidance on what to look forI can give it a go to look through

Hello CCN, the source code is open and the windows compile script is also published. I would be very happy if anyone found bugs or security issues and of course I would repair them immediately. Thank you for your support and concern!
onnz423alt

View Profile
April 18, 2017, 12:23:57 PM

Please do not spam C-CEX's chat with XtraBYtes. That brings some bad publicity to us. Please do share the word but spamming is unneeded and it will eventually lead into a ban.

synthgauge

Activity: 1149
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 18, 2017, 12:45:19 PM

Wows are u really that enthusiastic about it? Look at their marketing skills, they try to talk people out of promoting this one in ccex box lol. What else besides chat talks could create a negative publicity for this coin? Maybe the fact that this coin has no ongoing developments could make people come to their senses and stop even mentioning this shit in exchange trollbox.
CCRevolution (OP)

View Profile
April 18, 2017, 01:46:33 PM
Last edit: April 18, 2017, 02:02:35 PM by CCRevolution

Wows are u really that enthusiastic about it? Look at their marketing skills, they try to talk people out of promoting this one in ccex box lol. What else besides chat talks could create a negative publicity for this coin? Maybe the fact that this coin has no ongoing developments could make people come to their senses and stop even mentioning this shit in exchange trollbox.

Really?? Is that a fact??? Do you know this to be a FACT? ? ? ?

No, you do not...

In fact, there is TREMENDOUS development ongoing and XtraBYtes will be taking a VERY SERIOUS run at the #1 BRAND for DECENTRALIZED STORAGE and SHARED STORAGE in the Blockchain world. So, take a walk please...

Thank you and have a nice day!!

CCRevolution (OP)

View Profile
April 18, 2017, 01:58:14 PM

Please do not spam C-CEX's chat with XtraBYtes. That brings some bad publicity to us. Please do share the word but spamming is unneeded and it will eventually lead into a ban.

Thanks for your concern Onni! That was not really spamming though and I have secured a video of the C-CEX chatbox at the time. We are debating to post it or not because there seems to be some favoritism and resistance to the XtraBYtes movement. This is a positive thing though because it shows we are making an impact on the market. Wink

CCRevolution (OP)

View Profile
April 18, 2017, 03:17:19 PM

We got our first 3 satoshi candle!!

Whoever placed this order, please PM me a screenshot of your purchase history to show this transaction and also your wallet address. You just earned yourself 300 XBY from my wallet Smiley

aarell

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 18, 2017, 03:50:24 PM

A coin would not rise from zero to where it is currently without development and great marketing skills.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... 346 »
  Print  

Jump to: