Bitcoin Forum
July 04, 2024, 03:24:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 ... 95 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Can Bitcoin also lead to corruption ?  (Read 51227 times)
Bestwishes745

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 04:04:35 PM

Yes it can, because all the transactions of bitcoin are anonymous and the corrupt people needs such type of platform to save their black money and to transfer them anywhere without taxes and without government consideration. Everything can be use either in positive of negative way, this is the negative use of bitcoin to do corruption.
Yeah bitcoin has anonymous and decentralized facilities and that's what criminals or criminals use to do illegal activities.
The corrupt just need to wash their money into bitcoin and then they can convert it again to fiat without being seen. That's bitcoin expertise

There are ways to track it though but with the use of mixing services it sure does help criminal activity a lot.

I have yet to hear of bitcoin being used in corrupt cases though, but I guess it's only a matter of time now.
I think the mixers have more benefits to other people and yes with mixer they can hide their money but still I will say that with it corruption is not possible because all of the transactions are appear on the explorer and I think the mixer owner will know about the transactions. So corruption with bitcoin is not possible.
Indeed! Corruption can’t be done with bitcoins because of its digital nature. To some extent, the transactions are traceable and if someone is trying to hide his currency, that would be easily captured. I believe corruption can easily be done with paper money. Paper money should be replaced by digital currency.
Reid

Activity: 2940
Merit: 647

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 04:07:21 PM

Ain't it being corrupted now. Look at what was happening with it.
Many want to take over so that they could have control with bitcoin.
If not, they want at least a part of it so that they would profit for themselves.
With this large scale of income and the price so high. Crocodiles are getting in or just waiting for their preys.  Grin
MRlong

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 04:20:08 PM

Yes it can, because all the transactions of bitcoin are anonymous and the corrupt people needs such type of platform to save their black money and to transfer them anywhere without taxes and without government consideration. Everything can be use either in positive of negative way, this is the negative use of bitcoin to do corruption.
Yeah bitcoin has anonymous and decentralized facilities and that's what criminals or criminals use to do illegal activities.
The corrupt just need to wash their money into bitcoin and then they can convert it again to fiat without being seen. That's bitcoin expertise

There are ways to track it though but with the use of mixing services it sure does help criminal activity a lot.

I have yet to hear of bitcoin being used in corrupt cases though, but I guess it's only a matter of time now.
I think the mixers have more benefits to other people and yes with mixer they can hide their money but still I will say that with it corruption is not possible because all of the transactions are appear on the explorer and I think the mixer owner will know about the transactions. So corruption with bitcoin is not possible.
Indeed! Corruption can’t be done with bitcoins because of its digital nature. To some extent, the transactions are traceable and if someone is trying to hide his currency, that would be easily captured. I believe corruption can easily be done with paper money. Paper money should be replaced by digital currency.
Exactly!!! In recently we can see a devs on exhange BTC-e have related to money laundering and was arrested in July. So, we know Bitcoin transaction can monitored and not anonymous as our mean in long time.
deppil

Activity: 1008
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 11:17:45 PM

This is something that many countries fear, when they fight against corruption of course the existence of bitcoin can be exploited by corruptors to save their money.
Yeah maybe this is a common secret for everyone, how not you will not be seen while using bitcoin, and all users will not know who owns a bitcoin address, so it is reasonable that some governments in some countries prohibit the use of bitcoin in their country?
Kodok Bencot

Activity: 994
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 01:28:22 AM

Yes of course, anonymous becomes a haven for corruptors to hide their money so that no one can trace them. This is what many countries say so they do not accept bitcoin.
GG_monster

Activity: 142
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 11:51:10 AM

Of course, bitcoin can lead to corruption like any other currency with which you can make purchases. At the same time, in terms of anonymity, bitcoin has the advantage.

Emitdama

Activity: 1778
Merit: 328

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 02:54:32 PM

As bitcoin functions without the intersection of external parties, it becomes easy for people to make use on illegal activities such as corruption and other related factors. This has now decreased a lot as people give importance as an trusted investment. Now too a small amount of people prefer bitcoin for such activities and one such recently happened with the ransom-ware attack.
well I would like to say that everything can be use for corruption it all depends on the user so that if you have bitcoin in your hands you can do anything with your bitcoin you can pay to the weapon seller to the drugs dealer so I think you can do with it whatever you want to do with your bitcoins but we cannot blame bitcoin for the corruption it is just the cause of the provider and the taker.
notyours

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 04:16:04 PM

Since I joined here in BTC so many fucking company scamming people  money and i don't know how to get a financially freedom if some of does company still create a company and offers some Investment that you will earn  low profit and they get you scam. So the way i see BTC know is a Lead to way in corruption many innocence people lost money and many more to come now
waynechong1995

Activity: 644
Merit: 117

swing!

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2017, 07:02:44 PM

Of course! BTC is the best money laundering currency now as people are exploiting it perfectly. There is nothing you can do about it, nor does it matter as crypto was meant to be decentralized and non-regulated.

bitllionaire
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 07:15:58 PM

This is something that many countries fear, when they fight against corruption of course the existence of bitcoin can be exploited by corruptors to save their money.
Yeah maybe this is a common secret for everyone, how not you will not be seen while using bitcoin, and all users will not know who owns a bitcoin address, so it is reasonable that some governments in some countries prohibit the use of bitcoin in their country?

yes no doubt that it is common to every currency. to me i think that not only bitcoin but every currency is use for corruption, so may be some people are also using bitcoin for corruption.
agustina2
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 1008

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 07:23:58 PM

yes no doubt that it is common to every currency. to me i think that not only bitcoin but every currency is use for corruption, so may be some people are also using bitcoin for corruption.

As long as the thing has value (whether any kinds of currency and solid assets and commodities) , it's really obvious that it will be used on a fraud activity. All things that have value are prone to that kind of doings and we can't stop it.

Let's adjust for that rather than bitcoin or any currency will adjust for us.
Fireblade

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 09:42:21 PM

yes no doubt, it may be possible, because bitcoin is a normal currency like other fiat currency and therefore we cannot stop any person to use bitcoin. but we can hope that the number of such people may not be too much.
Lomberjack

Activity: 384
Merit: 106

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 09:56:32 PM

We all know that there is corruption everywhere, like in government or any other organization. Because of money, corruption can always happen with greedy people who always wants more money to them. Since bitcoin can be considered as money, can it also lead to corruption?
As long as there is money involved the possibility for corruption to happen is really possible. Being greedy to money is the main reason why corruption happens. But that matter of corruption cannot be blame on bitcoin because the users are the responsible on the proper usage or how they will behave on using it. Corruption has been present ever since before bitcoin has been established.
orions.belt19

Activity: 686
Merit: 146

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 02:11:31 AM

There can be corruption in many forms, not just in money. It can be found anywhere. It is more prevalent when there is money involved.

Bitcoin may be used as a tool for corruption, just as with fiat money. Since Bitcoin is not regulated and is not traceable, it may be used for people to money launder. Money laundering is when you transfer or conceal money that is acquired from illegal means. This way, the government or other agencies may not find out that you have acquired the money through illegal activities.

It all boils down to the morals of a person, and it is up to us as to how you use Bitcoin or any other currency.
Forbiddenone

Activity: 585
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 02:17:39 AM

There was corruption already,btc has just amplified it,due to its anonymous nature ,now majority of black money is transferred using cryptocurrency.
rjbtc2017

Activity: 322
Merit: 252

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 08:57:23 AM

Yes it will, since bitcoin has it's corresponding price on fiat money it will cause greediness and will lead to corruption. Imagine if the government will regulate bitcoin, we will surely hear news of corruptions on the government regarding of stolen bitcoins and much more (well, if they can trace it since bitcoin is secured). But for me, surely it will, as long as Bitcoin's price is high and bitcoin is alive, corruption is there waiting for the perfect timing to be active.
Finestream

Activity: 3080
Merit: 609

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 12:55:46 PM

There was corruption already,btc has just amplified it,due to its anonymous nature ,now majority of black money is transferred using cryptocurrency.
You cannot tell that because you don't see what people are doing and our transactions are anonymous and no one can determine it's nature aside from the transacting party. That was an old belief that majority of the dirty money are in bitcoin because now legitimate business and investors sees bitcoin as coins in the future and will make a big success.

pinkpanther03

Activity: 1092
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 05, 2017, 07:46:51 AM

We all know that there is corruption everywhere, like in government or any other organization. Because of money, corruption can always happen with greedy people who always wants more money to them. Since bitcoin can be considered as money, can it also lead to corruption?
Since we always said here that bitcoin is an open sources to anyone, it is also open for legal and illegal purposes but this will be depend on the
individuals to their own reason of how to use it. but I am hoping and wishing that majority of the bitcoin users will not abuse the usge of bitcoin.
Bitcoincole

Activity: 504
Merit: 102

View Profile
August 05, 2017, 08:35:04 AM

Since we always said here that bitcoin is an open sources to anyone, it is also open for legal and illegal purposes but this will be depend on the
individuals to their own reason of how to use it. but I am hoping and wishing that majority of the bitcoin users will not abuse the usge of bitcoin.

I don't think bitcoiners can lead to corruptions thats how i wish cause every users have their different strategy of keeping their savings safe.
MarconyGL

Activity: 462
Merit: 101

https://saturn.black

View Profile
August 05, 2017, 08:50:06 AM

I think that bitcoin has been used for a long time in corruption because of its anonymity and because of this it got quite good popularity and very rapid price growth despite the war.

SATURN
Liquidity providerfor crypto markets Cross-chain Exchange & OTC trading Platform
────────  Facebook Twitter ♦  Telegram ♦  Blog ♦  Bitcointalk   ────────
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 ... 95 »
  Print  

Jump to: