Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 11:30:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ... 74 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Ħ] ►HYPER v2.0►Game Currency ►Space MMO►Game Servers ►Community Driven►AD ASTRA  (Read 79060 times)
yomamanodros

Activity: 91
Merit: 10

“Create Your Decentralized Life”

View Profile
April 21, 2017, 01:08:57 AM

So, what lessons have we learnt from that "issue"?

I made several swaps, some were mine, most belonged to other users. Never had any problems. Of course that happened at the very beginning when everyone still had been waiting for others to step in.

But at some time i got a feeling, while doing swaps, that this might be an issue if you wait to long to submit a claim, after sending old coins to swap address, but at the same time some should be lurking for swap address for any change..but still...as CryptoDatabase said this is most unlikely to happen.

Again, most unlikely. But plausible, yes. Probability of those two events occurring together is really small. But....

In general, after you made a swap, your wallet creates tx id which is announced only after several minutes in blockchain, because of the block generation time.

In the meantime before announcement of tx id in blockchain, you should or have to or even must to submit your swap.

Don't wait for, like a day...for submitting your request and thats it.

And there will always be someone waiting for you around the corner to take advantage of you.

What is true and what is not, knows only you, yomamanodros, and you, yes you, the "potential thief", a rat among us.

SO LESSON IS, AFTER SENDING YOUR COINS TO SWAP ADDRESS, MAKE YOUR CLAIM AS FAST AS YOU GET YOUR TX ID.

I submitted my claim just after sending the coin, I didn't wait a day or even 15 minutes.  The fact that the old wallet barely functions and I have to wait to see if the thing is actually responding to my clicks slowed me down.  I have been trying to make this swap for days and my wallet was pretty much not responding to anything I do.  Fortunately I made a smaller transfer instead of my entire wallet balance.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
yomamanodros

View Profile
April 21, 2017, 01:19:42 AM

A side note, why did you wait hours to contact us after noticing something off immediately?

I didn't wait hours to message you.  Are you sure that the timeline from the block explorer is on the same timezone as bitcointalk?  I was getting ready for bed and talking to my wife between when the incident occurred and when I sent you the message, not much time passed.

CryptoDatabase
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1003

https://cryptodatabase.net

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2017, 01:32:41 AM

A side note, why did you wait hours to contact us after noticing something off immediately?

I didn't wait hours to message you.  Are you sure that the timeline from the block explorer is on the same timezone as bitcointalk?  I was getting ready for bed and talking to my wife between when the incident occurred and when I sent you the message, not much time passed.

The transaction time I posted earlier is incorrect, I was looking at the wrong one.

The time the transaction was posted to the blockchain was at 2017-04-20 00:43:17 and the form was submitted at 2017-04-20 00:46:05.

Your private message to the board came at 2 AM. Bitcointalk time is set to my local time so times represented on the forum are equal to my own.
yomamanodros

View Profile
April 21, 2017, 01:47:33 AM

The transaction time I posted earlier is incorrect, I was looking at the wrong one.

The time the transaction was posted to the blockchain was at 2017-04-20 00:43:17 and the form was submitted at 2017-04-20 00:46:05.

Your private message to the board came at 2 AM. Bitcointalk time is set to my local time so times represented on the forum are equal to my own.

Yeah, it was a little more than an hour after it happened that I messaged you, that is hardly "hours" like you insinuated in your previous post.  My entire life doesn't revolve around crypto, my wife wanted to talk to me so I took a break from what I was in the middle of, spoke with her, got ready for bed and then sent some pms. 

CryptoDatabase
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2017, 02:37:14 AM

Yeah, it was a little more than an hour after it happened that I messaged you, that is hardly "hours" like you insinuated in your previous post.  My entire life doesn't revolve around crypto, my wife wanted to talk to me so I took a break from what I was in the middle of, spoke with her, got ready for bed and then sent some pms. 

I'm just trying to get to the bottom of this. I'm not understanding why someone would make a $105 transaction, notice something wrong immediately and then just get up and leave for an hour and half almost.

Things I have concerns with,
1. The transaction/swap time being so close
2. The delayed dispute time
3. The desire to keep yourself hidden on a $105 dispute

Possibilities we have to consider,
1. You sent and received the coins, waited some time, then disputed the transaction in the hopes to create reasonable doubt and double up.
2. Bought account with long periods of inactivity trying to claim coins that are not theirs.
3. Transaction was sniped and you are owed your deposit.

Solutions to above possibilities,
1. No solution
2. Sign a message from BTC address 1DAXoynA9hMQ1fY6nPeBCA2YnmLjptaaev or DOGE address DM6XDBtWNrDHmywfHfuJ6XYn9eoPwcfvSf to prove ownership of account
3. 20,500 will be sent to desired address
CryptoDatabase
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2017, 02:55:13 AM

The swap page was modified earlier to extend the period of time between coins being swapped to no sooner than 24 hours.
CryptoDatabase
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2017, 03:25:39 AM

Another disputed swap this time from an account with 0 posts, coins have not been sent and a signed message has been requested. If he is not the owner of this HYPER and you are please sign a message from HJKRcRBpCUstX9a9DxEGwcDqBQB3k6BsYW and post it here for verification.

!!! WARNING: This user is a newbie. If you are expecting a message from a more veteran member, then this is an imposter !!!

Hi CryptoDatabase, i have tried to send form for my transacrtion ID 79ee90ee59c08dc0e6314bf0ddb5ee9d154eff71f22dbbfc43bb8160149b5851 with ammount of 160000.0 an it says "This transaction has already been used." Please help me!
pressing207

Activity: 537
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 21, 2017, 04:54:11 AM

Owner of the project! Read my last messages! You had to record claims... And to lay down the conditions since April 21!!!
CryptoDatabase
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2017, 05:00:45 AM

@Community, please give a response as to whether we would like to keep the current PoS reward at 5%/year or to have it changed to 5%/month.  The developer made a mistake and put the wrong stake percent in for the next 3 years.

Owner of the project! Read my last messages! You had to record claims... And to lay down the conditions since April 21!!!

I don't really understand what you are trying to say.

pressing207

View Profile
April 21, 2017, 05:15:42 AM

I see! That, the hours which are what happened up to zero to you won't turn out to investigate on April 21... You need to make one more form where the owner of transaction will confirm the address. At me two transactions 1111.00 and 3333.00 hang
pressing207

View Profile
April 21, 2017, 05:24:51 AM

5% of percent a month!!! It, what attracts people to HYPER!! Now there are 5 percent a year. It is NECESSARY to CHANGE TO 5 percent a month!!!
CryptoDatabase
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2017, 05:32:29 AM

I see! That, the hours which are what happened up to zero to you won't turn out to investigate on April 21... You need to make one more form where the owner of transaction will confirm the address. At me two transactions 1111.00 and 3333.00 hang

The problem with requiring everyone to verify their sending address is that those who send from exchanges cannot provide that and if someone has coins on 10 different addresses that would be a pain in the ass to verify.

All pending swap transactions will be sent after 24 hours have passed. This will create a buffer zone for any future problems or disputes. If a swap hasn't been disputed during this time then it will be processed as-is. If it is disputed then it will not be sent until a signed message from the sending address has been delivered or some sort of other evidence.
pressing207

View Profile
April 21, 2017, 05:36:43 AM

IT IS CLEAR... I don't envy you... But, believe, you will be rich soon!
CryptoDatabase
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2017, 05:46:07 AM

It just popped across my mind but this is something great about the HYPER community. If you look at the majority of other coins there are a lot of trolls and shit talkers but if you look at ours its actually quite pleasant most of the time. We have the occasional one, but overall its an okay place.
pressing207

View Profile
April 21, 2017, 05:55:30 AM

I am sure that my 40000 coins will turn into one million dollars soon!!!
psybits
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 21, 2017, 08:17:15 AM

crazyjack has proven himself to be completely trustworthy when it comes to helping users with the HYPER swaps.

If the user has the old HYPER wallet.dat, perhaps they can give it to crazyjack, he can then verify the balance and process the swap for the user.

This should help sort out most of the problems regarding authenticity CryptoDatabase, what do you think? At least for the people that may very well be having genuine issues with the old wallet. I agree we need to be careful, it would be disastrous if someone somehow claims a large amount of fraudulent HYPER.
psybits
Legendary

View Profile
April 21, 2017, 08:33:25 AM

@Community, please give a response as to whether we would like to keep the current PoS reward at 5%/year or to have it changed to 5%/month.  The developer made a mistake and put the wrong stake percent in for the next 3 years.

5% per year interest will help keep HYPER more valuable. I actually think this is great unintended affect of the relaunch, and it should be kept this way.

Should we start a poll though, just take make sure most of the community agree with me?
CryptoDatabase
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2017, 08:51:08 AM

5% per year interest will help keep HYPER more valuable. I actually think this is great unintended affect of the relaunch, and it should be kept this way.

Should we start a poll though, just take make sure most of the community agree with me?

I also believe this would benefit HYPER more than setting it to 5%/month again. If we decrease the large inflation and there are less coins being introduced then the coins will have more value. The higher HYPER's value is the higher the chances of attracting bigger services into incorporating it.

If HYPER was set at 5%/month then just the swapped coins already confirmed, if they stake it, will introduce an additional 93,000+ HYPER in 1 month. That amount will compound monthly and grow at a substantial rate decreasing HYPER's worth even greater. 93k this month, 98k next month, etc. At it's current rate the inflation would only be 1/12th that at around 8,000 HYPER.

A poll on this would be great.

crazyjack has proven himself to be completely trustworthy when it comes to helping users with the HYPER swaps.

If the user has the old HYPER wallet.dat, perhaps they can give it to crazyjack, he can then verify the balance and process the swap for the user.

This should help sort out most of the problems regarding authenticity CryptoDatabase, what do you think? At least for the people that may very well be having genuine issues with the old wallet. I agree we need to be careful, it would be disastrous if someone somehow claims a large amount of fraudulent HYPER.

He mentioned he can sign a message from the address that it was sent from. If everyone thinks the coins should be sent out again then it can be done, just depends on what everyone wants to do.
psybits
Legendary

View Profile
April 21, 2017, 09:47:06 AM

I also believe this would benefit HYPER more than setting it to 5%/month again. If we decrease the large inflation and there are less coins being introduced then the coins will have more value. The higher HYPER's value is the higher the chances of attracting bigger services into incorporating it.

If HYPER was set at 5%/month then just the swapped coins already confirmed, if they stake it, will introduce an additional 93,000+ HYPER in 1 month. That amount will compound monthly and grow at a substantial rate decreasing HYPER's worth even greater. 93k this month, 98k next month, etc. At it's current rate the inflation would only be 1/12th that at around 8,000 HYPER.

A poll on this would be great.

He mentioned he can sign a message from the address that it was sent from. If everyone thinks the coins should be sent out again then it can be done, just depends on what everyone wants to do.

I think everyone who has participated in the swap and relaunch wants to see their HYPER become more valuable.

So I think we should stick with the new 5% per year staking rate, unless there are considerable objections here that will then warrant a vote.

So if you want to see HYPER go back to 5% monthly interest please let us know, but looking at other high PoS rate coins like Hobonickels, it hasn't worked out too well for them, and I strongly believe that we should keep the rate at 5% per year to help make HYPER more valuable for all of us.

Glad the swap issue is being resolved, you're dong a great job. We obviously want people to be able to swap their HYPER, but it is important no scammers get through and effectively steal HYPER from legitimate users that haven't swapped yet.
HiggsBosunBlues

Activity: 103

View Profile
April 21, 2017, 11:42:11 AM

I can appreciate the desire to limit the supply but I am not a fan of 5% a year. It may as well be nothing in my opinion.
This kind of rate is for coins with 100 million+ in supply, not Hyper.

Lets not be too quick to keep the current mistake made in stake rates because its easier to leave it as it is. Again, I can see the reasoning behind the suggestion but the drop from 5% a month to 5% a year changes the coins fundamentals completely.

20% a year might keep me interested, 5%.. meh. I dont think i'd even bother, I just dont get any joy from obtaining meaningless stakes of dust in my wallet.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ... 74 »
  Print  

Jump to: