Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 07:18:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why is antisemetism acceptable  (Read 2621 times)
MonkeyBear68

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 26, 2013, 12:31:27 AM

I live in Canada and hate speech is not acceptable here. If you are the victim of hate speech or any type of discrimination then you launch a complaint with the human rights commission and your case will be taken on free of charge. The perpetrator will need deep pockets to defend themselves and could go to prison.

3 years ago Ann Coulter was told to mind what she says while in Ottawa, lest she be arrested for criminal speech. Here is an article with her response: http://oncampus.macleans.ca/education/2010/03/23/ann-coulter-responds/

She threated to launch a complaint with the Human Rights Commission saying we were being hateful towards Conservatives. I don't think her complaint got very far. None-the-less we managed to shut Ann Coulter up.  Grin
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Mike Christ
aka snapsunny
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1003

View Profile
April 26, 2013, 12:37:45 AM

I live in Canada and hate speech is not acceptable here. If you are the victim of hate speech or any type of discrimination then you launch a complaint with the human rights commission and your case will be taken on free of charge. The perpetrator will need deep pockets to defend themselves and could go to prison.

3 years ago Ann Coulter was told to mind what she says while in Ottawa, lest she be arrested for criminal speech. Here is an article with her response: http://oncampus.macleans.ca/education/2010/03/23/ann-coulter-responds/

She threated to launch a complaint with the Human Rights Commission saying we were being hateful towards Conservatives. I don't think her complaint got very far. None-the-less we managed to shut Ann Coulter up.  Grin

Terrible.  Freedom of speech; wait, no, except the stuff we don't like.  But besides everything you can't say, you can say anything.  Tongue

myrkul

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2013, 12:43:59 AM

Sticks and stones...

BTC1MYRkuLv4XPBa6bGnYAronz55grPAGcxja
Need Dispute resolution? Public Key ID: 0x11D341CF
No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
Geremia

Activity: 502
Merit: 251

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2013, 12:51:20 AM

Let me be clear, i don't consider anti Israel or anti Zionist sentiments to be anti Semitic.
It's good you make that distinction.
Hispanics
There can be such a thing as a "Caucasian Hispanic;" ∴, "Hispanic" is not a race.

BTC tip jar | my BTC wiki, BTC StackExchange | Tox ID: 65C3E8810738AD9D175234808FCB317A1103632903436203D45411AE97C03F54C34861AB6663
Join Kraken. | The best, free book on Bitcoin: Mastering Bitcoin
Nos cum prole pia benedicat Virgo Maria.
kooke

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

Bitcoin super-duper-mega-ultra-hyper-node

View Profile
April 26, 2013, 01:33:43 AM

What i do resent is the idea that as a Jew I'm part of some grand conspiracy to run the world. I assure you I'm not. Just because you have a dislike of a Jew or some Jews, it's ridiculous to the whole race with the same label.
It'd be like arguing that all white people are racists, all black people are criminals and all Hispanics hopped the border into the US.

One thing I don't understand is why Jewish people are referred to as a race? Judaism is the religion and 'Hebrews' are the race.

Also, not all Jews are Semitic (Akkadians [Assyrians and Babylonians], Ugarites, Canaanites, Phoenicians, Hebrews [Israelites, Judeans and Samaritans], Ahlamu, Arameans, Chaldeans, Nabateans, Maganites, Shebans, Sutu, Bahranis, Maltese, Mandaeans, Sabians, Syriacs, Mhallami, Amalekites, Arabs, etc.) and most Semites are not Jews.

bbulker

Activity: 124

View Profile
April 26, 2013, 01:49:05 AM
Last edit: April 26, 2013, 02:07:17 AM by bbulker

Antisemetism is acceptable because the JIDF exists. There needs to be a ying to the yang. Can't let those forum spies get off easy. (I have never posted antisemetism.)
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2013, 02:17:05 AM

It seems there is a lot of antisemitism on this forum and I'm curious as to why it's acceptable, whereas other forms of racism are not.
I have no problem with criticism of Israel or Zionism.
What i do resent is the idea that as a Jew I'm part of some grand conspiracy to run the world. I assure you I'm not.

You can't directly compare racism to antisemitism.  Skin color and biological prejudice are fairly clear cut, compared to the murky complexities of 'who's a Jew.'

The term 'Jew' can connote biology (genetic Jews), ethnicity (semetic Jews), religion (fundy Jews), politics (Zionist Jews), and culture (Jewy Jews).

Sometimes this slippery ambiguity is cynically exploited and used to avoid scrutiny or derail uncomfortable conversations by digressing into the semantics of Semitism.

Furthermore, Jews (unlike all other minorities) are hyper-represented in the (non-military) institutions of power: technology, government, finance, law, education, media, medicine, entertainment, etc.

Understandably, this often results in jealously, leading to resentment and fear:

"If Kagan is confirmed, Jews, who represent less than 2 percent of the U.S. population, will have 33 percent of the Supreme Court seats," former presidential candidate Pat Buchanan gripes.

My advice is to not take the nasty things people say personally.  When people talk about "the white man" keeping them down, I understand they mean the WASP elites, not Joe Sixpack or me.

Full disclosure:  I'm not any sort of Jew but do tend to like their women, who also often like me.  Two reasons: Christian girls usually think I'm the antichrist, and my brainy bohemian worldview reminds them of their fathers.   Wink

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
sanga

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 26, 2013, 02:18:50 AM

The anti-semites and the conspiracy nuts overlap in a big way.  At least you don't have either delusion Smiley 

^^^^^Bigot Alert^^^^

You should learn to tolerate other peoples opinions you big Nazi!

You should learn to tolerate other peoples' opinions too.  God bless you!
hammz

Activity: 143
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 26, 2013, 02:34:39 AM

So many groups setup for one particular group to punish people for disagreeing....

What up with that?
Maged
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1015

View Profile
April 26, 2013, 03:28:27 AM

Bigot actually means someone of a view that is unchangeable - ironically, a very good description of the person who usually uses the term bigot in the first place!
Just putting this out there...
Seems to me that there are a number of key terms used by some people to shut down an argument they can't deal with.

Three is the worst, as it involves being called a Bigot!

Timo Y
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1001

bitcoin - the aerogel of money

View Profile
April 26, 2013, 10:39:40 AM

I don't know what you mean by "acceptable".

Just because the forum moderators don't delete certain posts doesn't mean that they approve of them.

I don't think that the majority of users on this forum find antisemitism acceptable. There are a handful of antisemitic conspiracy theorist nutters here.  The more extreme ones have already been banned, not for "hate speech" but for trolling and repeated off-topic posting.

GPG ID: FA868D77   bitcoin-otc:forever-d
zeocrash (OP)

Activity: 134

View Profile
April 26, 2013, 12:13:25 PM

Jewy Jews

That phrase made me smile.

But much more people think that jews are behind sinister plans to enslave world.

Truth is not democratic, just because lots of people believe something, doesn't make it true. Lots of people used to believe the world was flat
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: