Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 09:23:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [SCAM] Foxminers?  (Read 26867 times)
mikeintimesaves9 (OP)

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 21, 2017, 01:41:47 AM
Last edit: April 26, 2017, 09:28:32 PM by -ck

An ad for a 75 TH/s miner popped up today from a company I have not heard of before: FoxMiners, LLC https://foxminers.com/.

It looks like they released a press release today announcing the pre-sale of their equipment with no ship date mentioned.  The product sounds...unusual: It hashes both Bitcoin and Litecoin.  Its efficiency is about 5x better than an S9 on SHA256 with a 28nm chip.

Thoughts?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

Activity: 3612
Merit: 2506

Evil beware: We have waffles!

View Profile
April 21, 2017, 02:21:19 AM
Last edit: September 22, 2017, 02:07:58 PM by NotFuzzyWarm

***  Foxminers LLC is a SCAM! If someone pays for their non-existent their miners without any well-known and trusted Forum Users 1st getting hold of one for doing a review and posting it here then well, you have been warned ***

Bet it comes with a pair of Unicorns along with their Perpetual Power Generator as well...

edit: to keep most blatant and obvious damning evidence easy to find near the top, here are some of the highlights from later posts here:

Point: 1st of all, they are claiming 75THs of BTC speed, using 1,500w all while using 28nm node ASIC chips. Physically impossible at that node. Period. 28nm tech hit its performance zenith in early to mid 2015. That speed/power spec is over 10x better than even the best 14nm chips (from BW) are capable of at this time.

Point: Frankly, the clincher of this being a fraud should be that their spec sheet <edit: is more than just specs. These are full data sheets detailing chip layouts and how-to-use the chips>  is a near exact copy of SFARAD's https://github.com/sfards/ASIC-SF3301/blob/master/SF3301_Datasheet_v0.51.pdf Logic structure, commands and even the ball map of the chip is identical. Oh, the date of that document? Feb 11 2015.

The only differences are the cover art, the chip name, and what they claim specs are. Oh, and the COPYRIGHT notice. They erased SFARAD's and put in one for them. Now THAT takes some balls especially since they have tried a (fake)  C&D on TheMerkel. For a side-by-side comparison https://draftable.com/compare/hYFmXGvTJdxh

Point: Foxminers emailed a fake Cease-and-Desist notice using a fake name and impersonating a real legal firm https://themerkle.com/how-to-expose-a-bitcoin-mining-scam/
They followed that with another fake email this time a warning of possible legal proceedings against TheMerkel purporting to be from one the many PR firms that Foxminers has paid to place their Pay-for-Placement news releases about their Wonder of the Ages miner. In both case the senders as-shown on the emails were directly contacted and deny any knowledge of sending the email in question.

Point: From another prominent BTC news site http://bitcoinist.com/foxminers-interview-dual-scam/
Edit: Well seems that has been taken down... Here is the Cached link http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:BineOLq6v1AJ:bitcoinist.com/foxminers-interview-dual-scam/

Point: A nice little current wrap up article about these SCAMMERS https://news.bitcoin.com/alleged-mining-manufacturer-foxminers-accused-scam/

To keep this wall short(ish), grab your popcorn/peanuts and read through.
Spoiler alert: looks these are same folks behind the UFOminers scam. Just shovel the sh*t in a new sack and try under a new name I guess... That bits kick into gear on page 6.

- For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself -    My info useful? Donations welcome! 1FuzzyWc2J8TMqeUQZ8yjE43Rwr7K3cxs9
 -Sole remaining active developer of cgminer, Kano's repo is here
-Support Sidehacks miner development. Donations to:   1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
VRobb

Activity: 1610
Merit: 538

I'm in BTC XTC

View Profile
April 21, 2017, 02:21:35 AM

75THs at 1500W??  That's either epic or scam, and epic is in short supply...  Huh

I don't believe in superstition because it's bad luck: 13thF1oor6CAwyzyxXPNnRvu3nhhYeqZdc
These aren't the Droids you're looking for: S5 & S7 (Sold), R4B2, R4B4 (RIP), 2x S9 obsolete, 2xS15-28, S17-56, S17-70
Pushing a whopping 1/5 PH!  Oh The SPEED!!!
HerbPean
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005

View Profile
April 21, 2017, 02:56:05 AM

"FoxMiners covers all the delivery fees including Customs Fee."

LOOOL
Kuulani

Activity: 18

View Profile
April 21, 2017, 03:27:43 AM

75THs at 1500W??  That's either epic or scam, and epic is in short supply...  Huh

Epic scam sounds about right.
vh

Activity: 699
Merit: 666

View Profile
April 21, 2017, 03:32:42 AM

"You can order any amount you want."  Roll Eyes

Sly as a fox(miner).

Rabinovitch
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1076

BTCLife.global participant

View Profile
April 21, 2017, 04:07:59 AM

Anyway, message sent. ) The chances are extremely low, but what if....  Grin

From Siberia with love! Hosting by Rabinovitch!
Fundraising for BOINC Farm
Пpoфeccиoнaльнo зaнимaюcь paзвёpтывaниeм фepм (ASIC, GPU, BURST, STORJ, Filecoin), oбopyдoвaниeм пoмeщeний для мaйнингa.
nuanicaj

Activity: 178
Merit: 12

View Profile
April 21, 2017, 04:43:05 AM

An ad for a 75 TH/s miner popped up today from a company I have not heard of before: FoxMiners, LLC https://foxminers.com/.

It looks like they released a press release today announcing the pre-sale of their equipment with no ship date mentioned.  The product sounds...unusual: It hashes both Bitcoin and Litecoin.  Its efficiency is about 5x better than an S9 on SHA256 with a 28nm chip.

Thoughts?

who lives near by go visit them.. see if they are for real.. it is a shopping center the address.
HagssFIN
Legendary

Activity: 2422
Merit: 1706

Electrical engineer. Mining since 2014.

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2017, 04:45:32 AM

Most likely a scam.

-ck
Legendary

Activity: 4088
Merit: 1631

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2017, 05:55:23 AM

Its efficiency is about 5x better than an S9 on SHA256 with a 28nm chip.

Thoughts?
"Horse shit"

Developer/maintainer for cgminer, ckpool/ckproxy, and the -ck kernel
2% Fee Solo mining at solo.ckpool.org
-ck
J4bberwock

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 21, 2017, 09:12:18 AM

Copy/paste from various legit asic manufacturers.

3. The following events will void the warranty:

a. Customer removes/replaces any components by himself without receiving permission from Bitmain Foxshit first;

b. Damage caused by poor power supply, lightning or voltage surges;

c. Burnt parts on hash boards or chips;

d. Miner/boards/components damage due to water immersion or corrosion due to wet environment.

5. Bitmain Foxshit will cover shipping cost when shipping a replacement unit to the customer within the warranty period.

6. If you notice there are some loose heatsinks when you receive the miner, please inform us by email to info@bitmaintech.com Contact@FoxShit.com within 3 days from the date the package is received according to UPS/DHL/FEDEX's website.

The datasheet is an edit of the SFARDS one, made with SEJDA, just with foxshit chip number pasted instead of SF3301, they even left the "preliminary" watermark...

I'm very likely wrong  Wink , but, if it smells like sh*t, if it looks like sh*t..., I wont taste it just to be sure.

Custom Server PSU breakout boards, 1200w, 1300w, 2000w, 2880w https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=738527.0
Btc: 1J4bberWs6f6XVQ53gn3BNc8qHAicmm7wu
Ltc: LNDmMBtzD3cduwjfxANm2wDrxt9jXRk5ZP
VTdude12

Activity: 76
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 21, 2017, 01:54:56 PM

Yea... looks like horse shit to me too  Tongue

Just did a quick icann whois search and even though all info on their website = USA, the domain is registered to a PO BOX in Queensland, Australia...

Sniff sniff.... ewwwwwwww

Block # 456099 & 515126 @ Slush
25 - S9     8 - D3     16 - L3+
9 - 8x 1070     6 - 8x 1060     7 - 8x RX580     1 - 7x RX480     1 - 6x RX470
Wusolini
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

no need to carry heavy money bags anymore

View Profile
April 21, 2017, 08:35:51 PM

100% SCAM

- claim the 28nm chip is more efficient than 16nm ...  what a nonsence
- the price is so low (and including PSU) ... why the hell would anybody sell such 'awesome miner' so low?
-  as a bonus it is dual miner (just in case such super efficient machine would not be profitable in BTC mining)

if anything, you receive just big fat box draining 700 watts but 'working' even without the internet connection (just showing you the amazing hashrate on our screen without the real mining)

agentcash

Activity: 49

View Profile
April 21, 2017, 09:26:58 PM
Last edit: April 21, 2017, 09:39:42 PM by agentcash

They went all out on this one, even registered the LLC with the state of California. PR releases all over the last few days.

Edit: This looks like the LLC's registered agent: https://nuwber.com/person/563a4e4f7686b0176bddfbbf
Who's going to call her and see if she knows it's a scam?
gigabyted

Activity: 906
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 21, 2017, 09:49:51 PM

Ive filled their order form yesterday to check their btc rate and they called me 3 times yesterday, had to block them on my phone Smiley

Its a scam for sure, who on earth would spam their potential clients when you have by far the most advanced product on the market!

Just do the test, fill the form with your phone number, you will get call im sure Smiley
edonkey
Legendary

Activity: 1150
Merit: 1004

View Profile
April 21, 2017, 11:27:49 PM

Well, they have guts, that's for sure.

Their office is about 12 minutes down the road from mine. Maybe I'll go check them out.

Unless of course they're in the McDonalds (which is what Google street shows).

Was I helpful?   BTC: 3G1Ubof5u8K9iJkM8We2f3amYZgGVdvpHr
delicopsch56

Activity: 56

View Profile
April 22, 2017, 01:38:07 AM

Well, if they're in the US you could sue them into next year if it's a scam if they don't end up in prison.  My thought for acquiring a real world tester is philipma.  I think he might have gotten an antminer or some ASIC with no money up front with some clever arguments and his reputation.  And they do take Paypal, and there is at least a chargeback recourse there.  It does seem a bit crazy, that much gain, but I don't think you can completely write off advances in the engineering of a an ASIC that can run two very similar programs.  Even in more general purpose chips.  Probably every general purpose computer in use today is more powerful than the first supercomputers.  As to the algorithms, never count out a brilliant EE or programmer who finds another way.  History shows us this.
NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

Activity: 3612
Merit: 2506

Evil beware: We have waffles!

View Profile
April 22, 2017, 02:21:12 AM
Last edit: September 22, 2017, 02:08:23 PM by NotFuzzyWarm

***  Foxminers LLC is a SCAM! If someone pays for their non-existent their miners without any well-known and trusted Forum Users 1st getting hold of one for doing a review and posting it here then well, you have been warned ***

It does seem a bit crazy, that much gain, but I don't think you can completely write off advances in the engineering of a an ASIC that can run two very similar programs.  Even in more general purpose chips.
Sigh. Oh the wide-eyed wonder of those who know nothing about how their shiny toys work and even less about the technology behind them... Roll Eyes

In this case: Yes we can write it off. NOTHING in their 'specifications' even remotely resemble what the physics behind IC's and ASIC's allows.

Speculation about what could be possible in the future is one thing. Out right lying about what a mature technology like 28nm chips can do is screaming SCAM SCAM SCAM knowing full well that there are many naive wide-eyed rubes out there waiting to be fleeced.

As for suing them.. Right... The only folks that get money out of that is the lawyers. Just talk to folks who sued KnC, Hashfast, AMT, Bitmine.ch and others.

- For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself -    My info useful? Donations welcome! 1FuzzyWc2J8TMqeUQZ8yjE43Rwr7K3cxs9
 -Sole remaining active developer of cgminer, Kano's repo is here
-Support Sidehacks miner development. Donations to:   1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
mikeintimesaves9 (OP)

Activity: 29

View Profile
April 22, 2017, 02:54:32 AM

It seems like the consensus is that:
1. These machines are too good to be true
2. They've blatantly cribbed marketing copy from several places
3. Their HQ is in a McDonalds
4. They harass you like they're selling a timeshare after they get your phone #
5. It stinks like horse shit

Did I miss anything?  I appreciate everyone taking a look.  Hopefully, potential "investors" stop by this thread before they send them any money.
delicopsch56

Activity: 56

View Profile
April 22, 2017, 04:43:31 AM

It does seem a bit crazy, that much gain, but I don't think you can completely write off advances in the engineering of a an ASIC that can run two very similar programs.  Even in more general purpose chips.
Sigh. Oh the wide-eyed wonder of those who know nothing about how their shiny toys work and even less about the technology behind them... Roll Eyes

In this case: Yes we can write it off. NOTHING in their 'specifications' even remotely resemble what the physics behind IC's and ASIC's allows.

Speculation about what could be possible in the future is one thing. Out right lying about what a mature technology like 28nm chips can do is screaming SCAM SCAM SCAM knowing full well that there are many naive wide-eyed rubes out there waiting to be fleeced.

As for suing them.. Right... The only folks that get money out of that is the lawyers. Just talk to folks who sued KnC, Hashfast, AMT, Bitmine.ch and others.

That was kind of a crappyass response.  

If I remember correctly from a few days ago, and this is the same thing, I'll check my notes, but I think they claim they found they found a software improvement that kicked ass, and they've been working on it like FIVE years.

I read approximately half of their stuff, and this is speculation, but while doing so I did what I always do, consider remote possibilities.  We don't know what we don't know, but every once in a while someone discovers same.  I did spend a couple years in an engineering program and a computer science program before graduating and I've worked in IT for 30 years.  I do know how computers, code, and IC's work in their CURRENT state. That doesn't mean that can't change.  I need proof of their less understandable claims, which is why I suggested philipma try to get a demo model so that a trusted member of the community can evaluate it.

Additionally, their website worked damn well, and my attention to detail from many years in IT gives me a sharp eye for rushed crappy presentation work.  I always evaluate that as I spent some time in IT for marketing.  I consider it an important measure of professionalism, and I keep tabs on how companies and organizations present themselves..  If it weren't for world events other than the US I'd be the hell out of BTC completely.

The world changes every second.  I'm 'middle age' and I remember doing an activity my daughter hated when she was 12.  We talked about every electric or electronic device in our house that existed when I was her age.  Needless to say, but there wasn't a big list.

I'm not buying one now.  I merely made a suggestion on how their claims could be validated in the real world.  I'm not advocating that anyone try to buy the moon, but some people think we landed here.

Oh, and Google maps can't even place my house correctly, nor many other places.

Just discussing.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: