Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 08:08:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: My RX580 Benchmarking and Results: 30.5Mh/s @ 77.5W (+ 1130MH/s Dcr w/ 125W)  (Read 189813 times)
mitserdt

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 03:06:29 PM

Hello, guys.

I'm having issues with my 6 RX 580 Nitro+. The problem is the last few days I started getting "GPU hangs in OpenCL call" error. I did lower the clocks and I wasn't getting errors in HWiNFO64, but the "GPU hangs in OpenCL call" error still occured today, even without getting GPU errors.

Do you guys have any idea what else can cause the issue?
I've got that too, but it seems intermittend. Sometimes it goes for days without it and sometimes i've got it a couple of times a day. A reboot fixes it, also without any errors. It has been sugested that it can be triggerd by using a VNC server to access your Windows host, but I can't confirm that myself.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
gurgelkoff

Activity: 2

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 07:01:36 PM

(...)
pulled over 180mh/s

watts 970
(...)

Interesting. Where do you measure these watts? Software or at the wall? I've got 2 rigs mixed with rx480&rx580's and they are so power hungry. Yours seems to draw under 160w/card.

https://image.ibb.co/dcOQgw/IMG_E6253.jpg

this is with all the rig and usb mouse and keyboard

at card, look here from techhpower gpu

https://image.ibb.co/c2DDZG/IMG_6298.jpg

pulling 181mh/s

https://image.ibb.co/jGdrMw/IMG_6299.jpg

yes they are 150-160watts out of the box, but you haven't modded them? when i stated i was 1480 watts at wall , i then got to 1100 or so with small mods

https://image.ibb.co/cV5SuG/RBNB5445.jpg

i have been told on anoak site, i should be around 880watts, with 31mh/s but the guy has not got back to me yet with the bios

WOW! That's how it should look! I bet you are running Windows?
Your figures, how does one read those: "1150/850mv 2150/850mv"  First looks like clock speed and the second voltage. Is the first pair coreclock and the second pair memory? Sorry for my noob questions Smiley

Do you use PolarisEditor to hack bios or something like Trixx or Afterburner to do it on the fly?
I'm using Linux so I have to set everything up in Windows using Polaris Editor and then move to the Linux rig.
Megahash works OK, I get around 29Mh/s but it seems quite hard to get the watt usage down when the card sits in the linux box. Can't figure out how the same bios can act so differently.

tadeus1

Activity: 140
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 08:58:10 PM

yes gurgelkoff.

1150/850mv 2150/850mv
core clock/ voltage for core clock then  mem clock /voltage for mem

thats pretty much it.
uncommonBG

Activity: 2

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 07:56:36 AM
Last edit: January 25, 2018, 07:55:20 AM by uncommonBG

Hello, guys.

I'm having issues with my 6 RX 580 Nitro+. The problem is the last few days I started getting "GPU hangs in OpenCL call" error. I did lower the clocks and I wasn't getting errors in HWiNFO64, but the "GPU hangs in OpenCL call" error still occured today, even without getting GPU errors.

I've got that too, but it seems intermittend. Sometimes it goes for days without it and sometimes i've got it a couple of times a day. A reboot fixes it, also without any errors. It has been sugested that it can be triggerd by using a VNC server to access your Windows host, but I can't confirm that myself.
Well, after the last "GPU hangs in OpenCL call", I did the opposite this time, kept the clocks pretty much the same, but lowered the voltages a lot(to about 860) and now I'm getting 180 mh/s and the rig has been stable for 2 days now. I do get some CPU errors in HWiNFO64, but as I said, everything has been very stable. This doesn't really make sense to me, but it seems to work for now. However, after I get home I will check all the risers and maybe re-install the drivers.

Edit: I got the "GPU hangs in OpenCL call" last night. Can somebody please advise me what should I do in this situation?
greatauror28

Activity: 181
Merit: 101

Ethereum Miner

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 02:50:25 PM

Hello, guys.

Well, after the last "GPU hangs in OpenCL call", I did the opposite this time, kept the clocks pretty much the same, but lowered the voltages a lot(to about 860) and now I'm getting 180 mh/s and the rig has been stable for 2 days now. I do get some CPU errors in HWiNFO64, but as I said, everything has been very stable. This doesn't really make sense to me, but it seems to work for now. However, after I get home I will check all the risers and maybe re-install the drivers.

Edit: I got the "GPU hangs in OpenCL call" last night. Can somebody please advise me what should I do in this situation?

Start with default memory clocks first then add 25 when stable until you crash again. Dial back down then that’s your sweet spot. You should do this to all cards individually as no card has the same ASIC quality.

I build and sell rigs! I also sell ssd clones of the most stable Windows+Claymore+AMD driver combo you'd ever used.
premiero

Activity: 31

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 02:18:53 PM

Guys, is there any way to separate memory controller and gpu voltage? I would like to set for example GPU core voltage @880 [mV] and Memory Contorler Voltage @950 [mV]. But no matter what I try, it is always like the lowest GPU voltage I can achieve is the Voltage set by Memory Controller. In this example GPU@880 and Memory@950 result in both @950 mV. Is there any way to fix this in PBE, or it is impossible or require more difficult BIOS mod?

Tigggger
Legendary

Activity: 1098
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 04:39:40 PM

Guys, is there any way to separate memory controller and gpu voltage? I would like to set for example GPU core voltage @880 [mV] and Memory Contorler Voltage @950 [mV]. But no matter what I try, it is always like the lowest GPU voltage I can achieve is the Voltage set by Memory Controller. In this example GPU@880 and Memory@950 result in both @950 mV. Is there any way to fix this in PBE, or it is impossible or require more difficult BIOS mod?

Simplest way is with Claymore miner, just use the options -cvddc 880 -mvddc 950

premiero

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 07:08:37 PM

Oh man - did You even bother to read what I just wrote? If I set -cvddc 880 -mvddc 950, Vcore would be 950 anyway. It is somehow "linked". cvddc can not be lower than mvddc. If You do not believe me, check it by yourself. Lot of ppl thinks that their GPUS works on very low voltage, becasue they didn't bother to check it. It also does not matter if U use voltage control @: claymore, trixxxx, afterburner, wattool etc. Sad
tadeus1

Activity: 140
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 09:43:31 PM

did you try with fixed numbers from bios mod?
premiero

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 07:56:13 AM

did you try with fixed numbers from bios mod?

I tried, but it does not work too.
zeef

Activity: 296

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 03:21:33 PM

I got the same problem.

If i change using Msiafterburner or even OverdriveNtoll, i can efectevely change the core clock voltage.

If i see HWINFO64 i see my core goes to 0.94v  but after a while he returns to 1.063 for example..

Anyideia what should i look?

I got an

Asrock H110 PRO BTC
120gb SSD
8GB Ram
 CPU G4400
1 Saphire 8gb NItro + 7 Shaphire 4gb Nitro
2 EVGA 750 watts GQ
Windows 10

Thanks Smiley
premiero

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 06:39:27 PM

HWInfo is very nasty tool. I did notice, it is able to cause issues to miners when restarted (to be more specific, if you restart miner while running HWInfo). Incorrect voltage, wrong clocks, memory erros or slow hashrate - only OS reboot fixes the problem. Also be sure You use only one tool at time to control clocks/voltages, for example if You use Claymore to control voltages, uninstal Afterburner because they can interfere each other.
zeef

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 09:37:05 PM

HWInfo is very nasty tool. I did notice, it is able to cause issues to miners when restarted (to be more specific, if you restart miner while running HWInfo). Incorrect voltage, wrong clocks, memory erros or slow hashrate - only OS reboot fixes the problem. Also be sure You use only one tool at time to control clocks/voltages, for example if You use Claymore to control voltages, uninstal Afterburner because they can interfere each other.

Hi,

I doned all you recommend but the problem persist, perhaps how can i check if correct voltage is being aplicated in my core?

I use cast_xmr-vega to mine.

Reagrds
twotwosix

Activity: 118

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 06:38:13 AM

Hi,

I doned all you recommend but the problem persist, perhaps how can i check if correct voltage is being aplicated in my core?

Reagrds

You can use gpuz
xenonwon

Activity: 42

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 02:10:11 PM

Hello, I have not found hash information or bios of the sapphire rx570 pulse 8gb, 4gb if there is information. Some help?
zeef

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 08:40:34 PM

Hi,

Reagrds

You can use gpuz

Hi,

Thanks for help people Smiley

I use this tool too. But the voltage that i choose in P7 stage in Overdrivetool is applied but only 1 or 2 minutes. After that an other voltage is automatically selected. Could be a bug in blockchaindrivers?

I tried to lock all P2 - P7 stages but the voltage only works momenteneos and if i change the clock too.. Very strange.. Maybe im doing something wrong...

My config:

https://imgur.com/a/zUZhF

Regards
Und3r74k3r

Activity: 3

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 12:38:26 AM

Hi,

Reagrds

You can use gpuz

Hi,

Thanks for help people Smiley

I use this tool too. But the voltage that i choose in P7 stage in Overdrivetool is applied but only 1 or 2 minutes. After that an other voltage is automatically selected. Could be a bug in blockchaindrivers?

I tried to lock all P2 - P7 stages but the voltage only works momenteneos and if i change the clock too.. Very strange.. Maybe im doing something wrong...

My config:

https://imgur.com/a/zUZhF

Regards

Check this: https://mining.help/ 9. Overclock/Undervolt
andro972

Activity: 5

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 05:27:22 PM

Thanks to everyone who has contributed to this thread!

I'm looking for help in getting my 2 XFX RX 580 GB Hynix to hashing > 30 Mhs.  I'm close and getting a consistent 29-29.5, but never go above 29.5.  I've made the following changes:

GlobalCore 1200
GlobalMem 2175
GlobalPowerTune 3
Globalminer Claymore (9.7)

Modded the GPU Rom to copy the 1750 Mhz Timing setting to the 2000 Mhz setting.

I've seen several instances of people getting over 30  Mhs with this card.  How can I get that last 1 Mhs?

My numbers are based on single mining ETH.

TIA.

mu2pilot

Hi, sorry for quoting after long time, but I need some help. I will have in couple of days 3xXFX RX 580 GTS XXX 8gb, so I am wondering what PSU are you using, i have one of 1000 watts, but not sure if this gonna be enough.
Hope you will answer.....

Thanks in advance.
spok

Activity: 14

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 07:25:19 PM

Hey, new miner also. Mining for 3 weeks allready have 11 sapphire nitro special edition 8gb. Stable 30.2 MH without modding bios. Dont have power meter, but seems my cards taken lot of electricify on globalpowertune 5. Trying to set 3. Stable for few hours now. How much mh i can reach if i flash bios? I'm useing core 1250, mem 2290 on ethos
rockk

Activity: 20

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 09:58:53 AM

i have 580 8gb gigabyte with hynix memory and 1 sapphire with micron memory, in wattman my max memory setting is 2250 (wich i m running on), how can other ppl set memory higher?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: