Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 03:58:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 [442] 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 ... 1041 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][Main] Bitcore- BTX - 1:1 Backed BSC Bridge BTX <->SBTX  (Read 729072 times)
drm
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1005

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 07:13:49 PM

How come the massive dump off right now? I knew it would retrace some after the big drop and surge but I wasn't expecting it to retrace this hard. Obviously too there would be some sell off after airdrops but did some people completely bail and tank this coin down? Seems like a weird progression to me given that once things are updated and running smoothly this coin should be back 300k satoshi and above. Also lastly I am on board with redistributing the BTX coins from Bitcoin claimers to those who are loyal that seems fair especially if you give them a deadline that is 3-4 months away from now. Any thoughts on this idea?

I completely agree with redistributing the BTX from BTC holders if they dont claim it by a certain time. I dont know why they should get free BTX if they havent invested time, money or energy into BTX. Ive been mining from the beginning and have also spent on it. Just because someone holds lots of BTC shouldnt mean they are entitled to free BTX without being a part of it.

as far as HITBtc.. I dont use it, dont understand the thrill or excitement about it as there are better exchanges..

You guys don't know what you're talking about. There is no such thing as redistributing.. the coins that have been distributed through btc addresses belong to the owners of those addresses/privatekeys. They are written transactions in the chain. Out of anyone's control besides the owner.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
mike34

Activity: 80
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 07:16:33 PM

My wallet has not been synchronizing for hours...0 active connections to Bitcore Network.
I use BitCore Core Version v0.14.1.6-757738d  on Mac. What can I do?

working fine here 8 connections superfast but
Maybe check your firewall make sure it is allowed or just try and reinstall the bitcore client.
don't forget to back up your wallet file and keys.

BITCORE ADDRESS                   19X6CoqWzCYp3frFsbpxmrGczyftenart1                       BITCOIN ADDRESS                    183hTfQW6xuSi3yMiJuH3NvPFRHE5U5oSS

ETHEREUM CLASSIC ADDRESS  0xfb915070495154a395aa4d9851658d8505fa1418       ETHEREUM ADDRESS     0xedc25d2dfb72c9c65564a91b7cde2f334159b100
FrozenChaos

Activity: 88
Merit: 50

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 07:18:45 PM

100% against redistributing what has already been distributed to the BTC holders. Goes against the immutable nature of the blockchain.
ciro1

Activity: 463
Merit: 252

Bitcore (BTX) - Your Payment Coin

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 07:39:06 PM

How come the massive dump off right now? I knew it would retrace some after the big drop and surge but I wasn't expecting it to retrace this hard. Obviously too there would be some sell off after airdrops but did some people completely bail and tank this coin down? Seems like a weird progression to me given that once things are updated and running smoothly this coin should be back 300k satoshi and above. Also lastly I am on board with redistributing the BTX coins from Bitcoin claimers to those who are loyal that seems fair especially if you give them a deadline that is 3-4 months away from now. Any thoughts on this idea?

I completely agree with redistributing the BTX from BTC holders if they dont claim it by a certain time. I dont know why they should get free BTX if they havent invested time, money or energy into BTX. Ive been mining from the beginning and have also spent on it. Just because someone holds lots of BTC shouldnt mean they are entitled to free BTX without being a part of it.

as far as HITBtc.. I dont use it, dont understand the thrill or excitement about it as there are better exchanges..

Well, if you're talking about the coins distributed through virtual fork, then it's can't be called back. The community should have voted against that action in the first place. And I do agree those are lost coins for many reasons. Nobody would wake up in 6months from now to remember he had a BTX to claim for his 1 BTC. We should just move on

╔═╗ ╦ ═╦═╔══╔══╗╔══╗╔══          OFFICIAL WEBSITE | TWITTER  | FACEBOOK
==== ╠═╝╗║  ║ ║  ║  ║╠═╔╝╠══ ====    OFFICIAL F.A.Q.  | TELEGRAM | TECHCHART    
     ╚══╝╩  ╩ ╚══╚══╝╚ ╚═╚══          10 MB, segwit, BTC -> BTX, airdrops +++
QB Horse

Activity: 224
Merit: 28

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 08:10:33 PM

Well, if you're talking about the coins distributed through virtual fork, then it's can't be called back. The community should have voted against that action in the first place. And I do agree those are lost coins for many reasons. Nobody would wake up in 6months from now to remember he had a BTX to claim for his 1 BTC. We should just move on

Too bad there's no way to get these coins back for a better use!

I think when the distribution model was voted (and I was part of the ones that voted for this option), I don't think we clearly understood the implication of such decision. I personally thought they would all be in circulation in a matter of just a few weeks. I believe most of us thought that it would be an easy walk in the park just like the BCash fork, but clearly, most of these 8M coins will never really be in circulation. In my opinion, it's one of the reasons CMC still don't show the full circulation.

What's helping all these Bitcoin forks is that a large number of exchanges directly credit account holders with the free Bitcoin fork. Should this process also apply for Bitcore? What does the dev team need to do to make it happen?
drm
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1005

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 08:45:00 PM

I think when the distribution model was voted (and I was part of the ones that voted for this option), I don't think we clearly understood the implication of such decision. I personally thought they would all be in circulation in a matter of just a few weeks. I believe most of us thought that it would be an easy walk in the park just like the BCash fork, but clearly, most of these 8M coins will never really be in circulation. In my opinion, it's one of the reasons CMC still don't show the full circulation.

What's helping all these Bitcoin forks is that a large number of exchanges directly credit account holders with the free Bitcoin fork. Should this process also apply for Bitcore? What does the dev team need to do to make it happen?

The coins are in circulation..they are as much in circulation as they are in bitcoin, or bcash or bitcoingold.
Why does it matter to you if someone touched his coins or not? It doesn't matter to you in bitcoin either right? It doesn't matter to people in bch or other forks either.

And how can you say this is a reason for cmc to not show the correct supply when it works exactly the same as bcash or btg's (and many others) circulating supply?

Hitbtc was/is supposed to do this, why cryptopia or none of the other exchanges didn't do this is also unclear to me.
Vigme86

Activity: 378
Merit: 103

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 08:50:51 PM

Now BTX is below 20$.
I think it is now really undervalued by the market, it could be one proper time to invest on it
FrozenChaos

Activity: 88
Merit: 50

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 08:57:25 PM

The same methodology that BCH and BTG use for supply should apply equally to BTX. Just because people do not claim their coins, they are sitting there and assessible by those that control their BTC keys. The reality is, many of the sub-2012 coins that haven't been moved yet will never be claimed, and that also applies to BCH and BTG. Considering how detailed the transaction activity has been documented for airdrops, virtual fork, etc, there is no reason why CMC can't adjust the supply.
Nesch84

Activity: 169
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 09:16:08 PM

which miner software should i use, if i like to mine BTX with a CPU i7 64 bit ??
minestro

Activity: 266
Merit: 101

Bitcore (BTX) - The Future is Now

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 09:18:46 PM

I don't really get why everybody is obsessed with those let's call them unclaimed coins. They are just sitting in the blockchain and doing nothing. In RL there's no difference if they weren't there or if they are not circulating. The price of a coin is mostly reflected by supply and demand. And if the coins are not in the "active" supply the others coins are just worth some more. So there's really no need to cry about lost coins. Just look at them if they aren't there and every claimed coin is a great thing because the adoption rate is increasing, so everything is fine.

QB Horse

Activity: 224
Merit: 28

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 10:12:03 PM

The coins are in circulation..they are as much in circulation as they are in bitcoin, or bcash or bitcoingold.
Why does it matter to you if someone touched his coins or not? It doesn't matter to you in bitcoin either right? It doesn't matter to people in bch or other forks either.

And how can you say this is a reason for cmc to not show the correct supply when it works exactly the same as bcash or btg's (and many others) circulating supply?

Hitbtc was/is supposed to do this, why cryptopia or none of the other exchanges didn't do this is also unclear to me.

Yes, I agree that they are in the blockchain and technically the coins are in circulation like BCash, BTG and the other forks.

• The more tech savvy people will say they are technically in circulation, and it's true.

But the goal of the distribution model was decided in October was to get these 8M coins in circulation in a way they circulate, so that the adoption rate could increase significantly. The goal was not to simply get them in the blockchain and never see them being used.

• The ones that look more at the overall market like I do, will say the coins were distributed to millions of people that to this day, have no idea they got free BTX, and will likely never know.. In 6 months from now, most of these 8M coins will be sitting in the blockchain and likely never be used if nothing is done to increase awareness among Bitcoin holders... And I'd say we have about 6 months to do this.

If these 8M coins were starting to circulate, it would help to get a broader BTX adoption. Given the nature of Bitcore, I think that's the end goal, right?

If somehow we can get these 8M coins to circulate and not sit like dead coins in the blockchain, then the goal of this distribution model will have been reached. But if they stay dead in the blockchain, then that's why I'm saying "Too bad there's no way to get these coins back for a better use!"

Sharpbit

Activity: 86
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 10:36:12 PM

My wallet has not been synchronizing for hours...0 active connections to Bitcore Network.
I use BitCore Core Version v0.14.1.6-757738d  on Mac. What can I do?

Maybe check your firewall make sure it is allowed or just try and reinstall the bitcore client.

Unfortunately it does not help me. Do I need to add some more nodes somewhere?
Hadrop.Boyle

Activity: 291
Merit: 19

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 10:42:03 PM

I use BitCore Core Version v0.14.1.6-757738d  on Mac. What can I do?

Unfortunately it does not help me. Do I need to add some more nodes somewhere?

Maybe you should use the installer version, as far as I remember they hardcoded a list of connectable nodes in latest release.

Wanne get 10% of Cointracking? https://cointracking.info/?ref=M138678
Wanne join Binance Exchange? https://www.binance.com/?ref=11326731
Wanne join Kucoin with Bonus? https://www.kucoin.com/#/?r=7QHt5a
zeroarmy

Activity: 196

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 11:09:48 PM
Last edit: December 06, 2017, 11:49:00 PM by zeroarmy

Hi, I was away for a few days and wondering what has happened that caused that huge decline in price? BTX is down half of it’s previous value. What is going on besides BTC surges to ATH? Is it true that dev sells out his premine as stated somewhere earlier? Is there some proof I can follow up. If this is the case that would be really bad for BTX project. Any statements from the devs / BTX foundation on that one?

greetings
zero

2fresh

Activity: 782
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 11:27:25 PM

Not true.
Someone is trolling and making things up. If you don't watch out the trolls will cost you money.
Adriano2010

Activity: 1414
Merit: 516

View Profile WWW
December 07, 2017, 12:09:07 AM

The price dropped but anyway i will keep holding coins at least when i think it gain the value it should reach. Keep holding and not sell.
agostine

Activity: 237
Merit: 107

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 12:48:03 AM

The price dropped but anyway i will keep holding coins at least when i think it gain the value it should reach. Keep holding and not sell.

Yeah I'm in, sold some on 35 but bought back to early. Smiley It's easy when we can read history.

Sit tight and wait for the Airdrops every Monday. Smiley

Peace
gembitz

Activity: 1834
Merit: 639

*Brute force will solve any Bitcoin problem*

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 03:17:58 AM

Not true.
Someone is trolling and making things up. If you don't watch out the trolls will cost you money.

so says the BSD shill Wink wheres anyone to answer these questions ... you wanna ignore the facts and drink devs' kool aid beware it's poisoned :\ meh

©2021*MY POSTS ARE STRICTLY FOR NOVELTY AND/OR PRESERVATION/COLLECTING PURPOSES ONLY!*It should not be regarded as investment/trading advice.*advocate to promote sharing and free software for the bitcoin community* #EFF #FSF #XTZ ===> START WITH NOTHING AND BUILD IT INTO SOMETHING!
gembitz

Activity: 1834
Merit: 639

*Brute force will solve any Bitcoin problem*

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 03:22:09 AM

100% against redistributing what has already been distributed to the BTC holders. Goes against the immutable nature of the blockchain.

problem is you cannot even claim them if it's a segwit addy yet this is supposivly a segwit supported coin! wtf :\ total lies all around lazy dev with like 3 stupid coins he released..move alonggg<<

©2021*MY POSTS ARE STRICTLY FOR NOVELTY AND/OR PRESERVATION/COLLECTING PURPOSES ONLY!*It should not be regarded as investment/trading advice.*advocate to promote sharing and free software for the bitcoin community* #EFF #FSF #XTZ ===> START WITH NOTHING AND BUILD IT INTO SOMETHING!
hah

Activity: 183

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 03:29:30 AM

problem is you cannot even claim them if it's a segwit addy yet this is supposivly a segwit supported coin! wtf :\ total lies all around lazy dev with like 3 stupid coins he released..move alonggg<<

You should make yourself a coin too cuz u seem to know so much Smiley keep on spreading that fud just don't choke on it.

Pages: « 1 ... 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 [442] 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 ... 1041 »
  Print  

Jump to: