Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 01:10:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 925 926 927 928 929 930 931 932 933 934 935 936 937 938 939 940 941 942 943 944 945 946 947 948 949 950 951 952 953 954 955 956 957 958 959 960 961 962 963 964 965 966 967 968 969 970 971 972 973 974 [975] 976 977 978 979 980 981 982 983 984 985 986 987 988 989 990 991 992 993 994 995 996 997 998 999 1000 1001 1002 1003 1004 1005 1006 1007 1008 1009 1010 1011 1012 1013 1014 1015 1016 1017 1018 1019 1020 1021 1022 1023 1024 1025 ... 1041 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][Main] Bitcore- BTX - 1:1 Backed BSC Bridge BTX <->SBTX  (Read 729084 times)
frogpoet

Activity: 140
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2018, 10:24:21 PM

It seems that devs are gone. Exchanges wallets are not working for weeks.
So it doesn't matter whether Asics will mine or not. No exchange to sell.

This is false! You can deposit and sell your btx on hitbtc so its not as bad as some people would want it to be!

Genius, withdrawals have been blocked for 2 weeks now. 

The word was "there is no exchange to sell" and I referred to that. If you want to sell why do you need to withdraw it? Deposit it there and just sell! They are still trading with bch, bchabc and bcv and you cant withdraw bch and bsv!

So deposits work but withdrawals don’t? 

Wow.  Just like Hotel California - you can check-in, but you can never leave.

i noticed today that the main web site now distinguishes between exchanges for BTX and exchanges for BTX that are 'in maintenance' : https://bitcore.cc/resources/eco-system-2/  . So that might help a bit for what it is worth.

frogpoet

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2018, 10:29:03 PM

blue sky idea - soft fork affecting future hard forks

the intent of this post is to ruminate on an idea conceived out the blue which may make no sense whatsoever, but which may give alternative ideas to those reading it.

what if it were possible to put out a soft fork which would enable the network to 'detect' future hybrid forks of itself and act in response? as an example, imagine this :

• goal is to prevent hybrid forks from generating two separate 'competing' coins
  • soft fork is put out which contains new code C1-C4 which lies 'dormant', and new code C5 which is 'active'
  • C5 somehow 'detects' when a future hybrid fork of itself occurs (even if the code in the fork has code C5 removed)
  • If C5 'detects' the existence of a hybrid-forked-coin, it 'activates' code C1-C4
  • C1-C4 copies the ledger from itself to the new hybrid-forked ledger, optionally executing a filter when doing so. As it does so, it marks its ledger entries as 'transferred'
  • when all ledger entries are marked as 'transferred', the node somehow gets marked 'invalid'
  • communication to 'invalid' nodes get redirected to 'valid' ones
  • eventually all nodes in the pre-hybrid-fork network would be 'invalid'
  • the pre-hybrid-fork network (that is, the 'old coin') then itself becomes invalid
  • all communication to the pre-hybrid-fork network somehow get redirected to the new network

in other words, any new hybrid fork (which is a type of hard fork) which occurs will always become the "new" version of the coin, which would maintain it's ticker symbol, and all transactions which have gone through the alternate filter would be preserved in the "new" version of the coin, meaning everyone in the ledger would still have their funds.

again, the intent of this post is to stimulate alternate thought processes, not to claim that the above is even possible to do as currently outlined.

Kriptos

Activity: 532
Merit: 10

Adoption Blockchain e-Commerce to World

View Profile
December 05, 2018, 10:36:41 PM

It seems that devs are gone. Exchanges wallets are not working for weeks.
So it doesn't matter whether Asics will mine or not. No exchange to sell.

This is false! You can deposit and sell your btx on hitbtc so its not as bad as some people would want it to be!

Genius, withdrawals have been blocked for 2 weeks now. 

The word was "there is no exchange to sell" and I referred to that. If you want to sell why do you need to withdraw it? Deposit it there and just sell! They are still trading with bch, bchabc and bcv and you cant withdraw bch and bsv!

So deposits work but withdrawals don’t? 

Wow.  Just like Hotel California - you can check-in, but you can never leave.

i noticed today that the main web site now distinguishes between exchanges for BTX and exchanges for BTX that are 'in maintenance' : https://bitcore.cc/resources/eco-system-2/  . So that might help a bit for what it is worth.

This is very strange, sudden dev disappeared along with the blokirnya's withdrawal. Where the actual goings dev? whether they are preparing something? I hope it is something good.

frogpoet

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2018, 11:07:54 PM

and i said I can't remember any coin That has been able to recover 99.5% loss. pls name us a coin that has been able to recover that

Litecoin fell for about 98% in 2015. Maybe btx can recover $ price in future, but there won't be any new ATH in btc pair for sure.

children of gaia is correct. see here : https://cryptocurrencytracker.info/en/crypto-currencies/litecoin-ltc-live-trades-prices-and-market-cap

there I see the following :
  • $41 on dec 1st 2013
  • $2 on jan 9th 2015  (at that point the drop reaches 99.5 percent)
  • $1.36 on apr 30th 2015 (at that point the drop reaches 99.7 percent)
  • $45.8 on june 18th 2017 (at that point the coin had recovered a 99.7 percent drop)

it took a while, but it happened. There may be others. this might the topic of an interesting computer utility - user enters a percentage and then the utility scans historical coin data to find all coins that, between some date interval, dropped by that percentage, and then between some other later date interval, made that percentage back.

it could do other statistics as well. for example, given a percent drop of X, what is the probability that it can regain it, given historical information gleaned from all other coin histories?

European Central Bank
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087

View Profile
December 06, 2018, 01:42:47 AM

almost all of this coins you mentioned were scam like bitconnect or abandoned projects or hype coin that used fake news and manipulating the price for a big pump til devs and big holders could sell their coins in high price and then left the coin like lbtc and zclassic i think.
so you telling us we should compare btx to scam and dead coins? Cheesy
and i said I can't remember any coin That has been able to recover 99.5% loss. pls name us a coin that has been able to recover that

that list also conveniently fails to note that many of those coins reached those prices on exchanges that were impossible to deposit or withdraw from.

we will definitely see some coins recover from 99 or more per cent falls. we have no idea which ones they'll be. thousands need to die.
hornetsnest

Activity: 1451
Merit: 973

View Profile
December 06, 2018, 02:23:22 PM

████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1530

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2018, 03:06:07 PM

ZetaCoin M-pesa Africa - gorilla in the midst scammer - Weiner?   Roll Eyes

iXcoin - Welcome to the F U T U R E!
frogpoet

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2018, 09:11:23 PM

almost all of this coins you mentioned were scam like bitconnect or abandoned projects or hype coin that used fake news and manipulating the price for a big pump til devs and big holders could sell their coins in high price and then left the coin like lbtc and zclassic i think.
so you telling us we should compare btx to scam and dead coins? Cheesy

that list also conveniently fails to note that many of those coins reached those prices on exchanges that were impossible to deposit or withdraw from.

we will definitely see some coins recover from 99 or more per cent falls. we have no idea which ones they'll be. thousands need to die.
I have some questions :
  • is whether a coin is listed on an exchange in which deposits or withdrawals are impossible relevant to determining whether a coin has lost 99 % of its value?
  • is there data you can provide or a method you can provide to discover such data which demonstrates that "many" of the 520 coins I identified as having lost 99 % of their value were on exchanges that were impossible to deposit or withdraw from?
  • is there data or a method of discovering such data which someone can provide to support arvin777's contention that "almost all" of the 520 coins were scam or hype coins?
  • is whether any of the 520 coins were scam or hype coins relevant to determining whether BTX is the "only" coin to have fallen in value by 99 % ?
I know the above questions may sound snarky, but it is not my intent to be snarky. My intent is to make statements supported by verifiable data, and to attempt to find verifiable data when someone else makes a statement without actual data to support it. I want to have confidence in the truth of my beliefs, and more importantly I want to have evidence (either found by myself or pointed out by someone else) that can make me realize the falsity of one of my beliefs, so that I may then change those beliefs and thus have a more accurate (i.e. less self-deceiving) view of the world.
any answers to the above 4 questions would be appreciated.  thanks Smiley

dgcarlosleon

Activity: 356
Merit: 118

LEONtheGraphMaster

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2018, 09:58:49 PM

The Bitcore BTX team is pleased to announce a new version of the Electrum-BTX which is a fork of Electrum wallet and works much like it. Electrum-BTX allows users to dispense with backups and blockchain downloads, and also this new version enables BTX to be integrated with the Trezor hardware wallet. This provides an extra layer of security and convenience, and permits users to store their Bitcore coins together with bitcoin on the same Trezor device. If you’re using our Electrum-BTX wallet, make sure you update to the latest version, published last week:NEW ELECTRUM WALLET

The platform is also known as Lightweight Bitcore Client! Reed More | Share & Retweet

Web
Official
News
Coin Specs
Roadmap
Eco System
White Paper
Network Updates
Youtube
Community
FAQ
Blog
Team
___Wallets
Mac QT
Windows QT
Win + Block
Electrum Portable
Linux QT
Coinomi iOS
Coinomi Android
TSBW
ZelCore
Mac
Win
Portable
Linux
iOS
Android
Jaxx Liberty
iOS
Android
Chrome extension
Mac OSX
Win x64/x86
___Exchanges
Bit Z
Cryptopia
HitBTC
VE Bitcoin
Exrates
Crypto Bridge
CoinExchange
PayCml
Bitexlive
Bitibu
Trade Satoshi
CryptoChange
Crex24
Bitsten
Indacoin
BarterDEX
EasyRabBit
InstaSwap
Excoincial
Ktrade
Nova Exchange
___Services
Livingroom
of Satoshi

Kamoney
Cryptonaut
Luckygames.io
Games4coins.com

Explorers
InsightAPI
CryptoID
Livenet
ZelCore
___Pools
Bitcorepool
Yiimp
Suprnova
Chainworks
Umine
Antminepool
Coin-Miners
BSOD
BTXPool
Minersport
Omegapool
Poolgpu
___Community
Facebook BTX
Facebook Bitcore
Twitter
Telegram Official
Telegram German
Telegram Spanish
Telegram Italian
Telegram Turkish
Telegram Russian
Telegram Philippine
Telegram Ukraine
Telegram Bahasa
Telegram Romania
Telegram France
Telegram Venezuela
Telegram Argentina
QQ Group
no. 680492670

Discord
Instagram
Chatoncrypto
Reddit
___Market info
Coinmarketcap
World Coin Index
Cryptocompare

Devs
Limxtec

___ANN Designed by DgCarlosLeon    |   Bitcore BTX - 2018
___

🪖 👩🏻‍🚀👨🏻‍🚀🧑🏼‍🚀👩🏻‍🚀👨🏻‍🚀🧑🏼‍🚀👩🏻‍🚀👨🏻‍🚀🧑🏼‍🚀 TROOPERS.ARMY NFT   🌖 IN CRYPTO WE TRUST BTC BTC BTC 👩🏻‍🚀👨🏻‍🚀🧑🏼‍🚀👩🏻‍🚀👨🏻‍🚀🧑🏼‍🚀👩🏻‍🚀👨🏻‍🚀🧑🏼‍🚀🪖
BTCitCore  BTX since 2017 💜 SWAP4.ME P2P BTC since 2019UBTCikalo.pro since 2019
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬⚡ I'M LEON The GRAPH MASTER ⚡▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬⚡▬▬▬▬▬
bobq

Activity: 1148
Merit: 307

View Profile
December 06, 2018, 10:23:39 PM

Happy to hear that starting from today with the new Electrum wallet BTX has Trezor support. Any ETA about getting also Nano Ledger support?

a fool and his money ...

Activity: 616
Merit: 103

View Profile
December 06, 2018, 10:55:36 PM

This is very strange, sudden dev disappeared along with the blokirnya's withdrawal. Where the actual goings dev? whether they are preparing something? I hope it is something good.
Yes, it was stated in the official news channel, you can check. In the same news it was told about new team members.
kumiskura

Activity: 632
Merit: 122

View Profile
December 06, 2018, 11:32:09 PM

Yes, it was stated in the official news channel, you can check. In the same news it was told about new team members.

are you talking about, these sudden activities were caused by new team members and the disappearance of an old team member?
mind to tell me, where is the link to their official news channel?
did not see such a thing on their social media : https://twitter.com/Bitcore_BTX
gwestcot

Activity: 794
Merit: 272

View Profile
December 07, 2018, 12:09:37 AM

The people who left had no dev skills, they had no marketing skills, no big connections to important exchanges or people, they joined later and quickly left, and basically couldn't get anything done.
So, developers who stayed have dev skills, marketing skills, have big connections to important people and exchanges?

I didn't say that anywhere, is that your conclusion  Huh Roll Eyes
BTX has never been marketed properly, so I would definitely not say the devs have marketing skills etc...
My conclusion is that the people who WERE there for those tasks failed big time and couldn't make anything work.

The people who left had no dev skills, they had no marketing skills, no big connections to important exchanges or people, they joined later and quickly left, and basically couldn't get anything done.
These marketing skills are most important, since this is only coin that lost more than 99% of it's value in last year. Baldrick from "Black Adder" would do better job.  Roll Eyes

New people have joined the team to take these tasks upon them, I imagine they could only do a better job than the old bunch.

I believe I was the first person to establish a use case of any kind for BTX. I got it on living room of satoshi which is used to process 10's of millions of dollars in bill payments. I definitely got stuff done but I simply disagreed with the founders on too much to stick around.
HardFireMiner

Activity: 872
Merit: 120

View Profile
December 07, 2018, 06:44:04 AM

So, developers who stayed have dev skills, marketing skills, have big connections to important people and exchanges?

I didn't say that anywhere, is that your conclusion  Huh Roll Eyes
BTX has never been marketed properly, so I would definitely not say the devs have marketing skills etc...
My conclusion is that the people who WERE there for those tasks failed big time and couldn't make anything work.

These marketing skills are most important, since this is only coin that lost more than 99% of it's value in last year. Baldrick from "Black Adder" would do better job.  Roll Eyes

New people have joined the team to take these tasks upon them, I imagine they could only do a better job than the old bunch.

I believe I was the first person to establish a use case of any kind for BTX. I got it on living room of satoshi which is used to process 10's of millions of dollars in bill payments. I definitely got stuff done but I simply disagreed with the founders on too much to stick around.

Not trying to imply it is unimportant, living room of satoshi is a great service, just that it got de-listed from there cause Bitcore wasn't used. I used it a couple of times to pay with Bitcore, for me was a sad news.

█  █  █  █    / / / / / / / /    Play Games, Earn Crypto!         █  █  █    \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \    Start Earning NOW by Playing Mind Improving Games!     █  █  █  █     \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \  Best Crypto Earning Games for Office Workers!       █  █  █  █  Free Withdrawals of BTC, Doge and ETH 
gwestcot

Activity: 794
Merit: 272

View Profile
December 07, 2018, 10:26:11 AM

Not trying to imply it is unimportant, living room of satoshi is a great service, just that it got de-listed from there cause Bitcore wasn't used. I used it a couple of times to pay with Bitcore, for me was a sad news.

There was definitely other factors involved with it not being used... all I was pointing out was that the members that left were not unimportant... In fact, most of the promotion and integration into various platforms was done in the first 6-9 months after launch.
dgcarlosleon

Activity: 356
Merit: 118

LEONtheGraphMaster

View Profile WWW
December 07, 2018, 12:28:00 PM

$BTX is now available for trading at @nova_exchange

TRADING NOW

Share & Retweet

Web
Official
News
Coin Specs
Roadmap
Eco System
White Paper
Network Updates
Youtube
Community
FAQ
Blog
Team
___Wallets
Mac QT
Windows QT
Win + Block
Electrum Portable
Linux QT
Coinomi iOS
Coinomi Android
TSBW
ZelCore
Mac
Win
Portable
Linux
iOS
Android
Jaxx Liberty
iOS
Android
Chrome extension
Mac OSX
Win x64/x86
___Exchanges
Bit Z
Cryptopia
HitBTC
VE Bitcoin
Exrates
Crypto Bridge
CoinExchange
PayCml
Bitexlive
Bitibu
Trade Satoshi
CryptoChange
Crex24
Bitsten
Indacoin
BarterDEX
EasyRabBit
InstaSwap
Excoincial
Ktrade
Nova Exchange
___Services
Livingroom
of Satoshi

Kamoney
Cryptonaut
Luckygames.io
Games4coins.com

Explorers
InsightAPI
CryptoID
Livenet
ZelCore
___Pools
Bitcorepool
Yiimp
Suprnova
Chainworks
Umine
Antminepool
Coin-Miners
BSOD
BTXPool
Minersport
Omegapool
Poolgpu
___Community
Facebook BTX
Facebook Bitcore
Twitter
Telegram Official
Telegram German
Telegram Spanish
Telegram Italian
Telegram Turkish
Telegram Russian
Telegram Philippine
Telegram Ukraine
Telegram Bahasa
Telegram Romania
Telegram France
Telegram Venezuela
Telegram Argentina
QQ Group
no. 680492670

Discord
Instagram
Chatoncrypto
Reddit
___Market info
Coinmarketcap
World Coin Index
Cryptocompare

Devs
Limxtec

___ANN Designed by DgCarlosLeon    |   Bitcore BTX - 2018
___

🪖 👩🏻‍🚀👨🏻‍🚀🧑🏼‍🚀👩🏻‍🚀👨🏻‍🚀🧑🏼‍🚀👩🏻‍🚀👨🏻‍🚀🧑🏼‍🚀 TROOPERS.ARMY NFT   🌖 IN CRYPTO WE TRUST BTC BTC BTC 👩🏻‍🚀👨🏻‍🚀🧑🏼‍🚀👩🏻‍🚀👨🏻‍🚀🧑🏼‍🚀👩🏻‍🚀👨🏻‍🚀🧑🏼‍🚀🪖
BTCitCore  BTX since 2017 💜 SWAP4.ME P2P BTC since 2019UBTCikalo.pro since 2019
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬⚡ I'M LEON The GRAPH MASTER ⚡▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬⚡▬▬▬▬▬
frogpoet

View Profile WWW
December 07, 2018, 09:52:53 PM

you were on the dev team?  that's awesome!  have you ever thought about publishing a book about your experiences as a developer for a cryptocurrency? that would help spread awareness of Bitcore (regardless of whether you had positive or negative or a mix of things to say about it).  i'm currently writing a book about cryptocurrencies on "leanpub" here : https://leanpub.com/u/anonymous_474fdQUli3UIbUNqvS9SCg . I have yet to publish it so I don't know yet what sort of sales would be generated, but they offer royalties of 80 % (which is amazing) and you are free to publish the book anywhere you like, i.e. you retain all rights to the book. I would be very interesting in reading an "inside view" of the goings-on of the BTX team Smiley  (or any other team, for that matter).

testcoin

Activity: 465
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2018, 05:04:29 PM

Any one has tried trading on the new Nova exchange?

Is it safe to trade there or not? I've heard that they are now operated by a new owner
HardFireMiner

Activity: 872
Merit: 120

View Profile
December 08, 2018, 07:16:17 PM

Any one has tried trading on the new Nova exchange?

Is it safe to trade there or not? I've heard that they are now operated by a new owner

Purchased some BTX 4 days ago, no issues, still afraid to deposit more, first time using Nova. Waiting for other people to say their experience. Also, market very narrow, if you want more then 1000 (ridiculous amount), you need to work on buying for good price, it may take DAYS.

█  █  █  █    / / / / / / / /    Play Games, Earn Crypto!         █  █  █    \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \    Start Earning NOW by Playing Mind Improving Games!     █  █  █  █     \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \  Best Crypto Earning Games for Office Workers!       █  █  █  █  Free Withdrawals of BTC, Doge and ETH 
frogpoet

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2018, 08:32:47 PM

submitting application to coinbase

coinbase announced yesterday that they are reviewing adding 30 new currencies (see here : https://news.bitcoin.com/coinbase-opens-the-door-to-more-than-30-new-cryptocurrencies/ ). Among the 30 being considered are "poet" ( https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/poet/ ) and "bread" ( https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/bread/ ). those two coins are pretty small - at the time of writing, poet has a price of $.004 and a 24h volume of 390K; bread has a price of $0.19 and a 24h volume of 159K. by contrast, BTX has a price of $0.26 and a 24h volume of 155K. I think this makes us comparable to both of them.

applying to be listed is currently FREE but coinbase says that "Initially there will be no application fee. Depending on the volume of submissions, we reserve the right to impose an application fee in the future" ( https://blog.coinbase.com/new-asset-listing-process-a83ef296a0f3 ). if we want to apply to this we should act quickly. I assume someone from the team would need to do this and that I couldn't just do it myself.

according to their criteria for consideration ( https://listing.coinbase.com/policy#coinbase-mission-values ) there are some in which I think we have a particularly good claim, and others not so much. particularly good claims : "Demonstrable record of responding to and improving the code after a disclosure of vulnerability". we can easily point to our very fast response to CVE-2018-17144 after only a few days of its disclosure, documented here : https://bitcore.cc/ann-bitcore-new-core-0-15-2-0/ ; "There are examples of real-world implementation" - we have paytomat, kamoney, cryptonaut, luckygames.io, games4.coins, as listed here : https://bitcore.cc/resources/eco-system-2/ (note we need to remove living room of satoshi from that web page); "The asset is a separate blockchain" ; and "Best efforts by the team to allow a fair distribution of tokens". we emphasize that heavily in sections 2.2.5 and 2.3 (pg. 8-9) of the white paper : https://bitcore.cc/introduction/white-paper/ . there are other criteria that we match, but those are the ones that immediately struck me as giving us an edge in acceptance. The main criteria that struck me that we are weak in : liquidity. Hopefully that could be significantly improved, however, by addition to coinbase.

the application to be considered can be found here : https://listing.coinbase.com/

more info directly from coinbase : https://blog.coinbase.com/coinbase-continues-to-explore-support-for-new-digital-assets-92ba4ab7f465

Pages: « 1 ... 925 926 927 928 929 930 931 932 933 934 935 936 937 938 939 940 941 942 943 944 945 946 947 948 949 950 951 952 953 954 955 956 957 958 959 960 961 962 963 964 965 966 967 968 969 970 971 972 973 974 [975] 976 977 978 979 980 981 982 983 984 985 986 987 988 989 990 991 992 993 994 995 996 997 998 999 1000 1001 1002 1003 1004 1005 1006 1007 1008 1009 1010 1011 1012 1013 1014 1015 1016 1017 1018 1019 1020 1021 1022 1023 1024 1025 ... 1041 »
  Print  

Jump to: