Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 07:19:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 [140] 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 »
  Print  
Author Topic: VERITASEUM DISCUSSION THREAD  (Read 250993 times)
Ant1Tr0ll

Activity: 71
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 05:55:54 AM

The buzz around Veri is probably the most confusing I've seen in a token. Some people are so crazily behind it they think it will be at parity with bitcoin (I've heard cliff high said this at one point) and some believe it is a total scam. I'm somewhere in the middle, it sounds like a good project with a solid team behind it. Things are getting done in professional way behind closed doors until a deal is struck and Reggie does a bunch of videos to keep a public face to the project. One to keep an eye on but I will be more than astonished if my holdings are worth a few bitcoin let alone a bitcoin each.

Ever think that maybe, just maybe, the most valuable coins are the ones people get most excited & animated about  Grin
investortrusted

Activity: 85
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 07:45:46 AM

Any update from the team. Progress report would be nice.
daylox

Activity: 307
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 07:48:24 AM

What is the ICO price of Veri? And what is the number of total raised in the ICO? My friend told me that Veri is powerful project and very profitable. I want to buy more VERI but only a few exchanges list it.
azmojo

Activity: 476
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 08:25:20 AM

The buzz around Veri is probably the most confusing I've seen in a token. Some people are so crazily behind it they think it will be at parity with bitcoin (I've heard cliff high said this at one point) and some believe it is a total scam. I'm somewhere in the middle, it sounds like a good project with a solid team behind it. Things are getting done in professional way behind closed doors until a deal is struck and Reggie does a bunch of videos to keep a public face to the project. One to keep an eye on but I will be more than astonished if my holdings are worth a few bitcoin let alone a bitcoin each.
BCT users seem to be trying to redefine "scam." VERI is not a scam. A scam does not invest in developing platforms and provide periodic updates on progress. You can debate whether VERI will be successful at its mission, but a business that legitimately tries and fails is not a scam. VERI is definitely trying, we all await the results.

Clif says the government entities will be needing/wanting/looking for a service like VERI next year. Hard to say if that will happen or not but if it does, I am confident they will call VERI and not LAToken or any other competitor, as Reggie/VERI is the only team & project I've seen that is perfectly suited for these big projects.

▄▄
     ▄███
    █████
██████████████▄▄
██████████████████▄
███████████████████
█████     ▀▀█████████              ███████████▄    ███████████  ████      ███      ████      ██████████▄     ▄██████████▄
█████         ▀███████             ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███   ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █████     ███     ██████     ███▀▀▀▀▀▀███   ████▀▀▀▀▀▀████
████            ██████             ███        ███  ███          ██████    ███    ███  ███    ███       ██   ███        ███
███▀            ██████             ███        ███  █████████    ███ ███   ███    ███  ███    ███▄▄▄▄▄▄███   ███        ███
█▀              ██████             ███        ███  ███▀▀▀▀▀▀    ███  ███  ███   ███    ███   ██████████▀    ███        ███
                ██████             ███        ███  ███          ███   ███ ███   ██████████   ███  ▀███▄     ███        ███
              ▄███████             ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███   ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███    ██████  ███▀▀▀▀▀▀███  ███    ▀███▄   ████▄▄▄▄▄▄████
          ▄▄█████████              ███████████▀    ███████████  ███     █████  ███      ███  ███      ▀███   ▀██████████▀
 █████████████████
▄████████████████▀
█████████████▀▀
    █████
    ███▀
    ▀▀
|CRYPTOCURRENCY WALLET AND
WORLDWIDE DEBIT CARDS         ||
                               ▄▄▄▄
                             ▄██████▄
    ██████████████████████████▀ ▄▄ ▀█████████
    ██                     ███  █   ███    ██
  ▄███████████████████████████████████████████▄
 ███████████████████████████████████████████████
████▀                                       ▀████
███                                           ███
███                    ███████▄               ███
███   ▄█████████▄      ██    ▀██        ▄████████
███   ██       ██              ██      ██▀    ███
███   ██  ███  ██              ██      ██  ██ ███
███   ██       ██      ██    ▄██       ██▄    ███
███   ▀█████████▀      ███████▀         ▀████████
███     ██  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██        ███
███      ██  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██       ███
████▄                                       ▄████
  ▀███████████████████████████████████████████▀
|
Dorkie

Activity: 420
Merit: 13

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 08:58:49 AM

It would be very naive for us to think Veritaseum will dominate 100% of the market share in asset tokenization.
Besides, Veritaseum is being managed in a very private closed door setting, thus greatly limiting its expansive potential.
So far there is NO institution buyer to the token, but merely deals to set up blockchain-based platform.
Veritaseum's edge can only come from doing structured deals priced in VERI.
Indeed I agree Reggie is a highly competent analyst, but that's the only competency he has in my humble opinion, because so far nothing else stands out.
If he can run the company like it would a public decentralized one, then more potential can be unlocked, but I see this is very unlikely.
Human nature means it is highly reluctant for anyone to use someone else's token if he can make the same on his own.
Bitcoin reached high adoption partly because it is marketed to be un-owned by anyone, thus there is no claim of ownership to it, thus people are more open to adopting it.
Dash is private and yet it is widely used mainly because of the incentive provided for owning masternodes and others.
Veritaseum is private and yet has no incentive whatsoever to motivate adoption.

I regret I participated in LAToken ICO after seeing its price continue to decline to almost -80% by now.
If only I knew this, I wouldn't have contributed to the ICO.
Almost every ICO is junk now.
People are no longer even pumping the price up; they simply sell everything at ICO price and below to cash out the 15%-20% bonus for early participation.
Worse ICOs are the ones that do bounty program + give bonus for early participation + hard cap above $15 mil as these are the ones that have highest risk of price tanking way below ICO price after getting listed at EtherDelta.
Ant1Tr0ll

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 02:15:04 PM

Look at the macro & microeconomic calls Reggie's team of analysts has made over the last 20years... exemplary!

Reggie nailed the tech stocks back in the 90's

He saw the potential of bitcoin/blockchain 5years ago & was making videos / filing patents long before anyone knew what btc or blockchain even was

He's VERI far ahead of the curve

He meets with folks like Obama & some of the most powerful hedge fund managers, UHNW individuals & is connected to some of the most important politicians in the world

There is a paid smear campaign vs VERI because some very powerful institutions aka Goldman Sachs, JP Morgan fear its amazing potential

It takes governments a long time to work things out - hence, announcements won't come over night. BUT... for those who are a bit patient...

VERI TO THE MOON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
azmojo

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 03:26:55 PM

It would be very naive for us to think Veritaseum will dominate 100% of the market share in asset tokenization.
Agreed, but VERI is targeting a very different asset classification than the other programs I've seen. More on this below...

So far there is NO institution buyer to the token, but merely deals to set up blockchain-based platform.
That is wrong. Reggie has mentioned at least a few institutional deals. Of course, these are not publicly announced.

Indeed I agree Reggie is a highly competent analyst, but that's the only competency he has in my humble opinion, because so far nothing else stands out.
Don't discount his Rolodex and business acumen and history. The hedge funds will call VERI way before they call LAToken because he's an insider (or the closest thing).

I regret I participated in LAToken ICO after seeing its price continue to decline to almost -80% by now.
People are no longer even pumping the price up; they simply sell everything at ICO price and below to cash out the 15%-20% bonus for early participation.
Worse ICOs are the ones that do bounty program + give bonus for early participation + hard cap above $15 mil as these are the ones that have highest risk of price tanking way below ICO price after getting listed at EtherDelta.
Wow, that's quite a haircut, I didn't follow them.
I think it's part of a result of the structure of these ICOs with heavy bonuses to private pre-sales and bounty tokens. And also that - and I don't know why - everyone still thinks some of these ICOs will 10x on launch, and that is such a rare thing. I'm don't with ICOs except with particular structures and particular offerings. I'm looking for sleepers like Disledger. Amazing technology, they raised only 600 ETH in their ICO. When everyone finds out what they missed out on, this one should do well.

▄▄
     ▄███
    █████
██████████████▄▄
██████████████████▄
███████████████████
█████     ▀▀█████████              ███████████▄    ███████████  ████      ███      ████      ██████████▄     ▄██████████▄
█████         ▀███████             ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███   ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █████     ███     ██████     ███▀▀▀▀▀▀███   ████▀▀▀▀▀▀████
████            ██████             ███        ███  ███          ██████    ███    ███  ███    ███       ██   ███        ███
███▀            ██████             ███        ███  █████████    ███ ███   ███    ███  ███    ███▄▄▄▄▄▄███   ███        ███
█▀              ██████             ███        ███  ███▀▀▀▀▀▀    ███  ███  ███   ███    ███   ██████████▀    ███        ███
                ██████             ███        ███  ███          ███   ███ ███   ██████████   ███  ▀███▄     ███        ███
              ▄███████             ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███   ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███    ██████  ███▀▀▀▀▀▀███  ███    ▀███▄   ████▄▄▄▄▄▄████
          ▄▄█████████              ███████████▀    ███████████  ███     █████  ███      ███  ███      ▀███   ▀██████████▀
 █████████████████
▄████████████████▀
█████████████▀▀
    █████
    ███▀
    ▀▀
                               ▄▄▄▄
                             ▄██████▄
|
MrPuffnStuff

Activity: 237
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 03:38:52 PM

Besides, Veritaseum is being managed in a very private closed door setting, thus greatly limiting its expansive potential.
Veritaseum's edge can only come from doing structured deals priced in VERI.
If he can run the company like it would a public decentralized one, then more potential can be unlocked, but I see this is very unlikely.
Human nature means it is highly reluctant for anyone to use someone else's token if he can make the same on his own.
Bitcoin reached high adoption partly because it is marketed to be un-owned by anyone, thus there is no claim of ownership to it, thus people are more open to adopting it.
Dash is private and yet it is widely used mainly because of the incentive provided for owning masternodes and others.
Veritaseum is private and yet has no incentive whatsoever to motivate adoption.

I participated in the HEDGE ICO and can say it most certainly was not junk and this project is something to pay attention to.  It's an index for crypto's for fiat lovers who still want to invest in the market without actually converting to digital currencies, the token itself is just used to pay the platform fees.  Check it out if you're interested. 

As for Veri,  I took a large loss and bought at 200$ and 100$ but will hold as I believe in Reggie but man this has been a really tough couple of months.  I second the claim that companies are taking shots at Veri and they are most certainly winning...
azmojo

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 05:07:53 PM

New tweet from Reggie:

I'm please w/team's progress. VeADIR beta v.11 out https://t.co/ejrOGotUkY w/Asset Management Panel, viewable at https://t.co/yMpamd6zXF.

▄▄
     ▄███
    █████
██████████████▄▄
██████████████████▄
███████████████████
 █████████████████
▄████████████████▀
█████████████▀▀
    █████
    ███▀
    ▀▀
                               ▄▄▄▄
                             ▄██████▄
|
Ant1Tr0ll

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 06:23:51 PM

New tweet from Reggie:

I'm please w/team's progress. VeADIR beta v.11 out /ejrOGotUkY]https:/[Suspicious link removed]/ejrOGotUkY w/Asset Management Panel, viewable at /yMpamd6zXF]https:/[Suspicious link removed]/yMpamd6zXF.

Nice!!!! Go Reggie! Ignore the haters. You can do this! We Believe!!!!!!
Dorkie

Activity: 420
Merit: 13

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 02:59:11 AM

No idea exactly why my post below was deleted, but I sense insecurity. Unless it is truly OFF TOPIC, there is no reason to delete it.
It is pitiful that the Veritaseum community has reach such a lowlife level whereby relevant comments are deleted.
My words do not determine your success or failure.
You determine your success and failure.
I am just saying it as it is.

That is wrong. Reggie has mentioned at least a few institutional deals. Of course, these are not publicly announced.

Unless this is confirmed, I wouldn't bet just on words alone. Like I said, the deals are just about building a blockchain-based platform for the customers, not about buying the token.

Don't discount his Rolodex and business acumen and history. The hedge funds will call VERI way before they call LAToken because he's an insider (or the closest thing).

That's why I said he is just a very competent analyst. Being an analyst means having good business acumen and making the right calls. This still has nothing to do with any other competencies, to be frank about it. Whether hedge funds will call VERI way before LAToken / Proof is just personal opinion and remain to be seen, but so far I am very sure NO institutional buyer for VERI token otherwise the order book and the token price progression will reflect that very obviously.

Reggie is too concentrated in making deals at institutional level (upper level) while "selling the hype" at non-user/non-customer community level (lower level) and I believe this is a defective strategy. Obviously I know his reason for reaching out to the community but he is not doing this the smart way. And the way I see it, Reggie is a stubborn man with false pride gained solely from his analytical competency, so things will have a very hard time improving. If the institutional deals fall through, there will be nothing else to "sell/maintain the hype". Just because a person is highly competent in analytics doesn't mean he is a genius. And a non-genius that is stubborn at the same time will someday meet failure in life when his luck runs out. Veritaseum has its handicaps.

I participated in the HEDGE ICO and can say it most certainly was not junk and this project is something to pay attention to.  It's an index for crypto's for fiat lovers who still want to invest in the market without actually converting to digital currencies, the token itself is just used to pay the platform fees.  Check it out if you're interested.  

As for Veri,  I took a large loss and bought at 200$ and 100$ but will hold as I believe in Reggie but man this has been a really tough couple of months.  I second the claim that companies are taking shots at Veri and they are most certainly winning...

Sorry for your VERI loss. It is probably as bad as my LAToken and PayPie losses. Was a big mistake in going against my gut feeling and bought into Clif High & Gang's stupid recommendation on PayPie. I participated in Hedge too, through Rialto. I hope it will very soon launch its crypto ETF because that will be very bullish.
generzet

Activity: 8

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 01:45:13 PM

Veritaseum was listed today on TOKEN STORE decentralized exchange: https://token.store/VERI

panorama

Activity: 280
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 04:41:04 PM

No idea exactly why my post below was deleted, but I sense insecurity. Unless it is truly OFF TOPIC, there is no reason to delete it.
It is pitiful that the Veritaseum community has reach such a lowlife level whereby relevant comments are deleted.

Unless this is confirmed, I wouldn't bet just on words alone. Like I said, the deals are just about building a blockchain-based platform for the customers, not about buying the token.

That's why I said he is just a very competent analyst. Being an analyst means having good business acumen and making the right calls. This still has nothing to do with any other competencies, to be frank about it. Whether hedge funds will call VERI way before LAToken / Proof is just personal opinion and remain to be seen, but so far I am very sure NO institutional buyer for VERI token otherwise the order book and the token price progression will reflect that very obviously.

Reggie is too concentrated in making deals at institutional level (upper level) while "selling the hype" at non-user/non-customer community level (lower level) and I believe this is a defective strategy. Obviously I know his reason for reaching out to the community but he is not doing this the smart way. And the way I see it, Reggie is a stubborn man with false pride gained solely from his analytical competency, so things will have a very hard time improving. If the institutional deals fall through, there will be nothing else to "sell/maintain the hype". Just because a person is highly competent in analytics doesn't mean he is a genius. And a non-genius that is stubborn at the same time will someday meet failure in life when his luck runs out. Veritaseum has its handicaps.

I participated in the HEDGE ICO and can say it most certainly was not junk and this project is something to pay attention to.  It's an index for crypto's for fiat lovers who still want to invest in the market without actually converting to digital currencies, the token itself is just used to pay the platform fees.  Check it out if you're interested.  

As for Veri,  I took a large loss and bought at 200$ and 100$ but will hold as I believe in Reggie but man this has been a really tough couple of months.  I second the claim that companies are taking shots at Veri and they are most certainly winning...

Sorry for your VERI loss. It is probably as bad as my LAToken and PayPie losses. Was a big mistake in going against my gut feeling and bought into Clif High & Gang's stupid recommendation on PayPie. I participated in Hedge too, through Rialto. I hope it will very soon launch its crypto ETF because that will be very bullish.

I agree with you on a few points, but I hope you're wrong. I bought into VERI post-ICO largely on the basis of Reggie's knowledge and connections, but I'm not thrilled with his ability to execute. What we've been able to see so far hasn't been very impressive, but I'm still holding out hope that there will be a strong market for his services if he's able to get it all together.

Ant1Tr0ll

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 05:13:42 PM

I agree with you on a few points, but I hope you're wrong. I bought into VERI post-ICO largely on the basis of Reggie's knowledge and connections, but I'm not thrilled with his ability to execute. What we've been able to see so far hasn't been very impressive, but I'm still holding out hope that there will be a strong market for his services if he's able to get it all together.

Let's remind ourselves that all of these ico's are startup companies. Things don't happen overnight. Reggie is working hard. People investing in traditional markets do well to get 6% a year... now let's compare that to Veritaseum at it's ICO price... which was open for a full month & people had plenty of opportunity to get into. Veritaseum started selling at 3$/token. Now it's up to what... 49??? by my count that's still 15X your money... people are upset because it hasn't gone up a million times as yet. People investing in cryptos are spoiled. Have a little patience, people. Governments, which Reggie is working with, take forever to get things done. The man will get the job done.
panorama

Activity: 280
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 05:21:28 PM

Let's remind ourselves that all of these ico's are startup companies. Things don't happen overnight. Reggie is working hard. People investing in traditional markets do well to get 6% a year... now let's compare that to Veritaseum at it's ICO price... which was open for a full month & people had plenty of opportunity to get into. Veritaseum started selling at 3$/token. Now it's up to what... 49??? by my count that's still 15X your money... people are upset because it hasn't gone up a million times as yet. People investing in cryptos are spoiled. Have a little patience, people. Governments, which Reggie is working with, take forever to get things done. The man will get the job done.

I'm being patient and understand the scale of what he's trying to accomplish. I'm actually not that bothered by the fact that I'm carrying it at a loss. It's more that I'm disappointed in the quality that I've seen so far, even taking into consideration it's still early days.

I still have faith he can get the job done, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't have hesitations as well.

blue_hurricanger

Activity: 653
Merit: 183

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 05:29:05 PM

Veritaseum was listed today on TOKEN STORE decentralized exchange: https://token.store/VERI

Is it one etherdelta? Too many token over there so just want to make sure before searching for it.
Ant1Tr0ll

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 05:33:43 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chRFimo06aM

Mike Novogratz says the HERD IS COMING!!!

Also note: around 22:45 in he says good macro investing is a skill very few people have... last time I checked Reggie Middleton & his team happen to have a tremendous track record with macro investing. Just the research component of Veritaseum justifies current prices. That's without the VeDAIR, the JSE exchange, top 10 stock market, hedge funds, uhnw. Plus, he just talked to OBAMA & was keynote speaker at HARVARD! WAKE UP PEOPLE. Reggie is THE ANALYST a lot of firms on wall street will look for when it comes to CRYPTO WORLD. Get ready for some big time VERI cash injection!!!!
Ant1Tr0ll

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 05:36:34 PM

Is it one etherdelta? Too many token over there so just want to make sure before searching for it.

Yep you can get your VERI right on Etherdelta. & Welcome to the community blue_hurricanger! VERI is gonna be big!
azmojo

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 08:41:06 PM
Last edit: November 02, 2017, 03:56:54 PM by azmojo

I'm not sure it was deleted. I watch the forum pretty close and never saw it post until now.

I'm not sure how you're going to confirm it, although I might need to clarify that Reggie claims to have made private sales, not necessarily institutional sales. The deals are private, and I trust Reggie when he says he has made private token sales. I don't think he would lie about that. I also don't think it matters much one way or the other.

You're still discounting the Rolodex. Having connections is huge. You can see just how valuable connections are if you watch Shark Tank. I don't think the competitors have the "in" that Reggie does with Wall St. I bet Reggie gets his calls answered. Not so sure about the competition.

I'm not sure how you think there will be nothing else if institutional deals fall through. The institutional opportunities are pretty much endless, in my opinion. The business plan either works or it doesn't. VERI will either succeed in executing the plan or they won't.
I'd rather invest in a company that is going for the big prizes and not focusing on the small stuff. I like the focus on the big prizes, but that's just my preference. Boeing doesn't make small 2 seat prop aircraft, and I don't think they should as it is a far different market and expertise. It doesn't mean Boeing couldn't be successful at it, but in business it's smart to pick your core competency and stick with it. If you get distracted or bogged down with non-core activities it can really hamper overall success.

▄▄
     ▄███
    █████
██████████████▄▄
██████████████████▄
███████████████████
 █████████████████
▄████████████████▀
█████████████▀▀
    █████
    ███▀
    ▀▀
                               ▄▄▄▄
                             ▄██████▄
|
generzet

Activity: 8

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 09:58:43 AM

Yep, found it on etherdelta too.
Pages: « 1 ... 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 [140] 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 »
  Print  

Jump to: