Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 08:02:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 [141] 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 »
  Print  
Author Topic: VERITASEUM DISCUSSION THREAD  (Read 250991 times)
Carlton P. Spackler III

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 03:39:19 PM

Motivation comes for focusing on the 'big picture'. Attitude = angle of approach Smiley Those who are rewarded are those who do. I'm stoked about the possibilities here!!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Ant1Tr0ll

Activity: 71
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 05:53:43 PM

Motivation comes for focusing on the 'big picture'. Attitude = angle of approach Smiley Those who are rewarded are those who do. I'm stoked about the possibilities here!!

Nice! VERI is hard to buy now, since you can only get it on ether delta & a few other minor exchanges that most people don't know how to use. When it hits a bigger exchange & becomes easier to acquire, should get a price bump. You should get rewarded for having to navigate the ether delta jungle Smiley

And also... Reggie has entered into a Memorandum of Understanding with the Jamaica Stock Exchange. It'll have the biggest liquidity of any exchange out there & be the first of its type - offering digital tokenized assets - like distressed assets, real estate, fractions of tokenized medical practices, etc. Very futuristic & I'm very excited about it! People will be able to easily buy VERI tokens (& many other tokens that are currently discriminated against by the exchanges) on it when it's up & running Smiley
explosivo

Activity: 88

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 06:43:51 PM

Perhaps the bloodbath is over?
ArgentBit

Activity: 24

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 06:47:48 PM

I hope this is the bottom, I have adding all the way down.  I wont be selling.
buyabit

Activity: 247

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 06:51:57 PM

I increased my position in VERI by another 10% today. Now let us see if Reggie can provide us with a great end of year gift with a successful deal or two.
Ant1Tr0ll

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 07:59:49 PM

I think there'll be a major sloshing effect after the mid November btc fork & a lot of money will come back into the alts. As with the other alts, Veri should benefit.

When btc has its big run ups in price it does well to make 50% gains, but some of the good alts will triple or quadruple in price over the equivalent timeframe when they catch fire. So many of the alts are discounted at the moment. Most of the general public is just figuring out what a bitcoin is & its the natural gateway into crypto. Once they get into the blockchain world & start understanding & becoming more comfortable with some of the blockchain businesses, there should be a lot of new enthusiasm coming in.

The BTC price rise will benefit the crypto ecosystem. For now the FOMO is focussed on btc... but that contagion should switch to the alts fairly soon.

2018 will be the year of the blockchain & the best projects will be highly successful
azmojo

Activity: 476
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 09:24:48 PM

Dorkie, I think you may have finally gotten what you wanted (or close to it). Latest tweet from Reggie:

A detailed description of what Veritaseum is, and is not. Please pay close attention to the message in the footer.
A link to the blog: http://veritas.veritaseum.com/index.php/30-what-is-veritaseum-a-description-of-what-veritaseum-is-and-is-not
links to this document: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2VyTD2UEyLTTERVNHFPY2x1b00/view

▄▄
     ▄███
    █████
██████████████▄▄
██████████████████▄
███████████████████
█████     ▀▀█████████              ███████████▄    ███████████  ████      ███      ████      ██████████▄     ▄██████████▄
█████         ▀███████             ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███   ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █████     ███     ██████     ███▀▀▀▀▀▀███   ████▀▀▀▀▀▀████
████            ██████             ███        ███  ███          ██████    ███    ███  ███    ███       ██   ███        ███
███▀            ██████             ███        ███  █████████    ███ ███   ███    ███  ███    ███▄▄▄▄▄▄███   ███        ███
█▀              ██████             ███        ███  ███▀▀▀▀▀▀    ███  ███  ███   ███    ███   ██████████▀    ███        ███
                ██████             ███        ███  ███          ███   ███ ███   ██████████   ███  ▀███▄     ███        ███
              ▄███████             ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███   ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███    ██████  ███▀▀▀▀▀▀███  ███    ▀███▄   ████▄▄▄▄▄▄████
          ▄▄█████████              ███████████▀    ███████████  ███     █████  ███      ███  ███      ▀███   ▀██████████▀
 █████████████████
▄████████████████▀
█████████████▀▀
    █████
    ███▀
    ▀▀
|CRYPTOCURRENCY WALLET AND
WORLDWIDE DEBIT CARDS         ||
                               ▄▄▄▄
                             ▄██████▄
    ██████████████████████████▀ ▄▄ ▀█████████
    ██                     ███  █   ███    ██
  ▄███████████████████████████████████████████▄
 ███████████████████████████████████████████████
████▀                                       ▀████
███                                           ███
███                    ███████▄               ███
███   ▄█████████▄      ██    ▀██        ▄████████
███   ██       ██              ██      ██▀    ███
███   ██  ███  ██              ██      ██  ██ ███
███   ██       ██      ██    ▄██       ██▄    ███
███   ▀█████████▀      ███████▀         ▀████████
███     ██  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██        ███
███      ██  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██       ███
████▄                                       ▄████
  ▀███████████████████████████████████████████▀
|
Ant1Tr0ll

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 09:52:34 PM

Dorkie, I think you may have finally gotten what you wanted (or close to it). Latest tweet from Reggie:

A detailed description of what Veritaseum is, and is not. Please pay close attention to the message in the footer.
A link to the blog: http://veritas.veritaseum.com/index.php/30-what-is-veritaseum-a-description-of-what-veritaseum-is-and-is-not
links to this document: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2VyTD2UEyLTTERVNHFPY2x1b00/view

Looks really awesome. I'm reading it now! Reggie has been busy! VERI to the MOON!!!!!!!!
azmojo

Activity: 476
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 10:33:00 PM

New video from Reggie:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fY19hdXh7A0

▄▄
     ▄███
    █████
██████████████▄▄
██████████████████▄
███████████████████
█████     ▀▀█████████              ███████████▄    ███████████  ████      ███      ████      ██████████▄     ▄██████████▄
█████         ▀███████             ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███   ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █████     ███     ██████     ███▀▀▀▀▀▀███   ████▀▀▀▀▀▀████
████            ██████             ███        ███  ███          ██████    ███    ███  ███    ███       ██   ███        ███
███▀            ██████             ███        ███  █████████    ███ ███   ███    ███  ███    ███▄▄▄▄▄▄███   ███        ███
█▀              ██████             ███        ███  ███▀▀▀▀▀▀    ███  ███  ███   ███    ███   ██████████▀    ███        ███
                ██████             ███        ███  ███          ███   ███ ███   ██████████   ███  ▀███▄     ███        ███
              ▄███████             ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███   ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███    ██████  ███▀▀▀▀▀▀███  ███    ▀███▄   ████▄▄▄▄▄▄████
          ▄▄█████████              ███████████▀    ███████████  ███     █████  ███      ███  ███      ▀███   ▀██████████▀
 █████████████████
▄████████████████▀
█████████████▀▀
    █████
    ███▀
    ▀▀
|CRYPTOCURRENCY WALLET AND
WORLDWIDE DEBIT CARDS         ||
                               ▄▄▄▄
                             ▄██████▄
    ██████████████████████████▀ ▄▄ ▀█████████
    ██                     ███  █   ███    ██
  ▄███████████████████████████████████████████▄
████▀                                       ▀████
███                    ███████▄               ███
███   ▄█████████▄      ██    ▀██        ▄████████
███   ██       ██              ██      ██▀    ███
███   ██  ███  ██              ██      ██  ██ ███
███   ██       ██      ██    ▄██       ██▄    ███
███   ▀█████████▀      ███████▀         ▀████████
███     ██  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██        ███
███      ██  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██       ███
████▄                                       ▄████
  ▀███████████████████████████████████████████▀
|
Dorkie

Activity: 420
Merit: 13

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 01:07:16 AM

Reggie should have done the paper since the start instead of now to allay all the FUD.

"The centralized software platform is designed to cater to existing institutions that are not prepared to take the full leap into distributed capital markets systems."
What if the institutions are finally ready to be fully dedicated to distributed capital markets systems? Will that make Veritaseum less significant?

Suggestion:
Reggie should not focus too much on the needs of the institutions as the sole source of adoption.
Instead, as Reggie is competent in structuring customized deals, he should also take the opportunity to structure deals that are standardized/off-the-shelf to cater to the non-institution community at large, where everyone (you and me) can conveniently use for their financial/investment needs right away, to generate the 2nd source of adoption and grab additional market share.

In this way, Reggie doesn't need to wait for the institutions to be ready to take the plunge into cryptocurrencies for Veritaseum to take off. Veritaseum can take off asap if its platform is commercial-ready with a handful of standardized structured deals that the community can trade right away. Such standardized structured deals can be the "main block" of a deal/need, or smaller "building blocks" for savvier users (be it from institution side or community side) to combine into a "main block" for slightly more customized deal/need.

Somehow this may allow evolution into much higher community participation that uses the platform for their own structured tokens, i.e. financial engineers, fund managers, analysts, etc can use the "building blocks" to structure their own deal and then veritize such deal. It would very much be like independent project teams making use of Ethereum's smart contract system to issue their own ICO/token with specialized uses/purposes. In my opinion, this will actually help Veritaseum to be very broad-based with very high financial and economic functionality. Not only will Reggie no longer needed as a "key man", but Veritaseum would also be formidable on its own.

The price should be very bullish (even by crypto standard) if my suggestion is implemented, in my opinion.
Ant1Tr0ll

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 06:31:46 AM
Last edit: November 03, 2017, 06:42:42 AM by Ant1Tr0ll

Reggie should have done the paper since the start instead of now to allay all the FUD.

"The centralized software platform is designed to cater to existing institutions that are not prepared to take the full leap into distributed capital markets systems."
What if the institutions are finally ready to be fully dedicated to distributed capital markets systems? Will that make Veritaseum less significant?

Suggestion:
Reggie should not focus too much on the needs of the institutions as the sole source of adoption.
Instead, as Reggie is competent in structuring customized deals, he should also take the opportunity to structure deals that are standardized/off-the-shelf to cater to the non-institution community at large, where everyone (you and me) can conveniently use for their financial/investment needs right away, to generate the 2nd source of adoption and grab additional market share.

In this way, Reggie doesn't need to wait for the institutions to be ready to take the plunge into cryptocurrencies for Veritaseum to take off. Veritaseum can take off asap if its platform is commercial-ready with a handful of standardized structured deals that the community can trade right away. Such standardized structured deals can be the "main block" of a deal/need, or smaller "building blocks" for savvier users (be it from institution side or community side) to combine into a "main block" for slightly more customized deal/need.

Somehow this may allow evolution into much higher community participation that uses the platform for their own structured tokens, i.e. financial engineers, fund managers, analysts, etc can use the "building blocks" to structure their own deal and then veritize such deal. It would very much be like independent project teams making use of Ethereum's smart contract system to issue their own ICO/token with specialized uses/purposes. In my opinion, this will actually help Veritaseum to be very broad-based with very high financial and economic functionality. Not only will Reggie no longer needed as a "key man", but Veritaseum would also be formidable on its own.

The price should be very bullish (even by crypto standard) if my suggestion is implemented, in my opinion.

Dorkie - I like getting your perspectives because you're a smart guy but you can be a bit critical at times. Let's look at the positives & give some credit where credit is due - Reggie's put some really great stuff out there & it's clear that he & the VERI team have been working extremely hard behind the scenes. Was aware of the good efforts the devs had been putting into the VeDAIR (bc Reggie had been posting the latest editions & updates to Twitter so that didn't come as a huge surprise), but the analysts have clearly been kicking it into overdrive - I had no idea they had analyzed as much as they have - in fact, the analysts are perhaps the part of this project that has me the most excited - if they're really accurate, the bots are going to be very effective & generating phenomenal yields. With their proven track record (macro & micro-economic) of the last 15-20years there's nothing to suggest otherwise. This should finally silence that paid lighthouse fudster smear campaign. The video is a nice personalized picture in terms of how Reggie builds his relationships & I think it speaks volumes to the type of man he is. The Jamaican Minister certainly has a lot of faith in his abilities & is very passionate about the future of VERI & it's abilities to propel Jamaica to the next level. Very inspiring seeing Mr. Shaw speak with Jamaicans & their enthusiasm for the fiscal direction of their country. He's not your typical bureaucrat. Totally charismatic guy who knows how to relate to people - I wish more politicians were like him. Jamaica is certainly headed in the right direction with forward thinking people like him guiding the ship & I can't help but feel the country is destined for some really great things. I'm excited about the VEDAIR, VERI Rental machine - this interactive research is cutting edge stuff... makes me really excited to be part of this developing story. It'll be fascinating to see all of these VeTokenized items on an exchange for the first time! - flour mills, hotels, real estate properties, etc. Reggie has me inspired & I can't wait to see the unfolding VERI story - he understood the possibilities of blockchain 5years ago when he filed all of those patents & I had no idea what he was describing when I watched videos at the time but it was clear that he was onto something big & I knew he was going to go on to do great things. The more I learn, the more excited & inspired I become!! It's a totally ambitious project, but if there's anyone who can pull this off, it's Reggie.

I think Reggie mentioned that VERI has a centralized & a distributed (decentralized) solution. My take was he's starting with the centralized JSE/VERI system (since that's what institutions are used to/ comfortable w/ & doesn't require much of a leap) but when they're ready for the next step, he'll have the distributed solution available & ready to implement. That's the ultimate goal, but it'll take some time to get there - Reggie understands this. He's thinking 5 steps ahead & flexible to adapt/adjust as the need arises (as evidenced by his move from btc blockchain to eth blockchain already - not an easy task to move chains, but he & his team have done it).

All that said - you do make a good suggestion & I know Masiah follows the threads - so I'm sure he'll pass your ideas on to the big guy who will give it due consideration.

A big day for VERI! Keep up the great work Reggie & Co - you're making us HODLers proud!!! Smiley
panorama

Activity: 280
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 11:56:51 AM

Suggestion:

Dorkie - I like getting your perspectives because you're a smart guy but you can be a bit critical at times. Let's look at the positives & give some credit where credit is due - Reggie's put some really great stuff out there & it's clear that he & the VERI team have been working extremely hard behind the scenes. Was aware of the good efforts the devs had been putting into the VeDAIR (bc Reggie had been posting the latest editions & updates to Twitter so that didn't come as a huge surprise), but the analysts have clearly been kicking it into overdrive - I had no idea they had analyzed as much as they have - in fact, the analysts are perhaps the part of this project that has me the most excited - if they're really accurate, the bots are going to be very effective & generating phenomenal yields. With their proven track record (macro & micro-economic) of the last 15-20years there's nothing to suggest otherwise. This should finally silence that paid lighthouse fudster smear campaign. The video is a nice personalized picture in terms of how Reggie builds his relationships & I think it speaks volumes to the type of man he is. The Jamaican Minister certainly has a lot of faith in his abilities & is very passionate about the future of VERI & it's abilities to propel Jamaica to the next level. Very inspiring seeing Mr. Shaw speak with Jamaicans & their enthusiasm for the fiscal direction of their country. He's not your typical bureaucrat. Totally charismatic guy who knows how to relate to people - I wish more politicians were like him. Jamaica is certainly headed in the right direction with forward thinking people like him guiding the ship & I can't help but feel the country is destined for some really great things. I'm excited about the VEDAIR, VERI Rental machine - this interactive research is cutting edge stuff... makes me really excited to be part of this developing story. It'll be fascinating to see all of these VeTokenized items on an exchange for the first time! - flour mills, hotels, real estate properties, etc. Reggie has me inspired & I can't wait to see the unfolding VERI story - he understood the possibilities of blockchain 5years ago when he filed all of those patents & I had no idea what he was describing when I watched videos at the time but it was clear that he was onto something big & I knew he was going to go on to do great things. The more I learn, the more excited & inspired I become!! It's a totally ambitious project, but if there's anyone who can pull this off, it's Reggie.

I think Reggie mentioned that VERI has a centralized & a distributed (decentralized) solution. My take was he's starting with the centralized JSE/VERI system (since that's what institutions are used to/ comfortable w/ & doesn't require much of a leap) but when they're ready for the next step, he'll have the distributed solution available & ready to implement. That's the ultimate goal, but it'll take some time to get there - Reggie understands this. He's thinking 5 steps ahead & flexible to adapt/adjust as the need arises (as evidenced by his move from btc blockchain to eth blockchain already - not an easy task to move chains, but he & his team have done it).

All that said - you do make a good suggestion & I know Masiah follows the threads - so I'm sure he'll pass your ideas on to the big guy who will give it due consideration.

A big day for VERI! Keep up the great work Reggie & Co - you're making us HODLers proud!!! Smiley

Wow...very well said! Thanks for giving your perspective.

Carlton P. Spackler III

Activity: 13

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 04:03:46 PM

Suggestion:

Wow...very well said! Thanks for giving your perspective.

With precedence of noteworthy institution(s) comes advanced credibility, and likely eventual fodder for the pack to follow.  Who’s to say even greater things are not in the works!! … meditating on this gets me energized about the possibilities.
panorama

Activity: 280
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 06:20:50 PM

Nice project. You can count on my participation at the ICO.

Bot much?

Dorkie

Activity: 420
Merit: 13

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 02:19:05 PM

Be careful. There is another competitor to Veritaseum; Jibrel Network.
CrouissanePliz

Activity: 40

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 03:23:21 PM

What is the current token valuation?
buyabit

Activity: 247

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 04:09:52 PM

Bring on the competition as I am very comfortable with my VERI holdings. As other companies move into this space it will be interesting to see how they avoid the patents that VERITASEUM will eventually receive. First to file does have its advantages and I am confident that VERITASEUM will be keeping a close eye on those companies who may violate their eventual patents.
Acalon

Activity: 22

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 05:05:41 PM

Man that was foolish, someone accidentally sold 80 Veri for 0.108Eth instead of 0.18Eth, tried snapping them up but someone got in before me. The crazy thing is that they first sold 50 at that price and then again 30 for virtually the same price. Not sure if it was some bizarre atempt at price supression or just plain stupid, I mean once is foolish and unfortunate but doing it twice is either really stupid or suspicious. Anyho', would have liked to get my hands on some of them :/
arbitro

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 08:41:42 PM

Nice project. You can count on my participation at the ICO.

Bot much?

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Bountyhunters are something else...
anklesinvidious

Activity: 14

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 09:35:49 PM

I just want to know if any photos or LinkedIn profile for every team member?
Pages: « 1 ... 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 [141] 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 »
  Print  

Jump to: