Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 11:20:58 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is bitcoin transaction fees fair?  (Read 36209 times)
jakezyrus

Activity: 714
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 08:35:04 AM

Everyone wanted higher bitcoin price and we achieved this but another problem become transaction fees. When bitcoin's price was low, we had to pay also low fee and now when it rised, we have to pay high fee in bitcoins and plus that high fee is more higher with current price. Is this fair? The higher the price, the more money miners have with bitcoin exchange.
To my mind when price becomes high, we have to pay low fee and when it becomes low, than fee has to be high. To my mind it had to be done like this from the begining.

it would be better if that happen  but in reality , the higher the bitcoins value will also result to a higher fee plus the the fee is also damn high when you cash out you money after you exchange it. i think that its not fair and it should be fix as soon as posible because we are working much harder to earn bitcoins but they seems to be more richer than us.
olubams

Activity: 798
Merit: 503

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 08:45:55 AM

As at the last time I carried out a transaction which is not even too long ago, I  think the fee is pretty fair to me and I don't think I can get anything lower than that from all the other options available to transfer funds to another country where I transferred about .2btc and the fee paid was even not up to $5 in which timing is not too long.
Denov Setu

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 08:49:34 AM

I think its fair and I never questioned it,,  depend on the movement of bitcoin value and how faster the transfer going you choose,, if you think the fee is too high you can choose the lower fee with low fast transfer to
cotton ball

Activity: 1288
Merit: 253

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 09:12:41 AM

It is feared if bitcoin prices continue to skyrocket will make users experience constraints in their minimal transactions, the increased fee is fixed, although bitcoin prices decreased. This will be a serious problem in the future and will make some traders shift their focus on altcoin fees.
recklessMe

Activity: 195
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 11:15:07 AM

I really hope segwit will eventually make the network stronger and trigger lightning network, so we pay lower fees.
Portia12

Activity: 434
Merit: 105

ADAB ICO

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 11:20:24 AM

it is very unfair in every transaction need to pay high, in coins.ph if i send bitcoin  worth 1000 pesos the tax or the transaction fees is almost 1/4 of my money. that why i dont use bitcoin now i rather use bank account because of the high transaction fees.

chaser15
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 1065

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile
September 14, 2017, 02:42:53 PM

it is very unfair in every transaction need to pay high, in coins.ph if i send bitcoin  worth 1000 pesos the tax or the transaction fees is almost 1/4 of my money. that why i dont use bitcoin now i rather use bank account because of the high transaction fees.

Even if you pay 50,000 satoshis as transaction fees, if bitcoin price is high then you will also say that there is a high fees. 50,000 satoshis can be worth $5 in the future or even more.

We are talking about bitcoin fees here so definitely whatever the USD value of it, still you will pay on bitcoin quantity.

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
████████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
Qunenin

Activity: 966
Merit: 506

View Profile
September 15, 2017, 03:10:56 AM

The reason behind these highly fees are the growing of bitcoins. You'll pay highly fees when the value go Up. But I  don't call these fees as "HIGHLY FEES".You should always remember we're paying fee with Satoshi not with  BTC , paying fee with satoshis are cheaper than the money services. Its not unfair. Try to send money via West union they applied UPTO 500$ AS FEE   

.1xBit.com.
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
!
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 1217

View Profile
September 15, 2017, 10:06:22 AM

The reason behind these highly fees are the growing of bitcoins. You'll pay highly fees when the value go Up. But I  don't call these fees as "HIGHLY FEES".You should always remember we're paying fee with Satoshi not with  BTC , paying fee with satoshis are cheaper than the money services. Its not unfair. Try to send money via West union they applied UPTO 500$ AS FEE   

What sort of logic is that? Are you saying that we must pay a higher fee, if the price of Bitcoin goes up? That is not fair. Suppose the value of Bitcoin goes up to $500,000 per coin (just like what John McAfee predicted). Do you still want us to pay a transaction fee of BTC0.001? I don't think that Bitcoin will be able to survive with a transaction fee of $500. And from where did you heard about the fee of $500 in Western Union? I have used WU multiple times. And the maximum fee I've ever paid is around $40.
goliathhh

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 15, 2017, 10:12:04 AM

I think they are fair because they depend on the bitcoin price.
migolmigol

Activity: 168

View Profile
September 15, 2017, 10:12:58 AM

For me it is not, the fee is so high. The appreciation of Bitcoin price should reach  high before an investor could actually take notice of the return of investment when traded.

sikkan

Activity: 504

View Profile
September 15, 2017, 10:35:15 AM

I believe they are not. Even since the dawn of bitcoin, everyone said that you could, and should buy a cup of coffee with bitcoins.. and it may been realistic a few years ago when the tx fee was equivalent to pennis. Now its up to dollars.. and that doesnt really compute, since the idea behind bitcoin wasnt this in the first place.

▄▀▀▄         ▄▀▀▄
     ▀▄▄▀         ▀▄▄▀              ▄▄
       █           ▐▌           ▄▄▄█  █
       █      ▄▄████████▄▄    ▄█▀   ▀▀
       █▄▄▄▄████████████████▄█▀ 
         ▄██████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▄ 
        ██████▀         ▐███████
 ▄▄    ▐█████▌   ▄████▄▄████████▌    ▄▄
█  █▄▄▄███████▄     ▀▀███████████▄▄▄█  █
 ▀▀    ██████████▄▄     ▀████████    ▀▀
       ▐███████▀▀████▀   ▐██████▌
        ██████▌         ▄███████
         ▀██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▀
          ▄█████████████████▀▀▀▀█
        ▄█▀   ▀▀████████▀▀      █
       █▀          ▐▌           █
       █            ▀▀▀█        █
      ▄▀▀▄            ▄▀▀▄     ▄▀▀▄
      ▀▄▄▀            ▀▄▄▀     ▀▄▄▀

SOVREN

Blockchain Innovation for Securities Markets      Current STO Sale Price
          Trade. Pay. Borrow. Play.   ─────────────────────        1 SVRN = $1.00

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
                    ▄▄▄██████
              ▄▄▄█████▀▀████▌
        ▄▄▄████████▀ ▄██████
  ▄▄▄██████████▀▀  ▄███████▌
▀███████████▀   ▄██████████
   ▀▀▀███▀    ▄███████████▌
        █▌  ██████████████
        ▐█ ██████████████▌
         █████▀ ▀████████
          ██▀      ▀████▌
                      ▀▀
jostorres

Activity: 2464
Merit: 585

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 05:49:12 AM

I think that the commission for transactions is fair. Bitcoin is a currency that provides an opportunity to get rich in a short time and the absence of a commission or a low commission will be unfair.

That is correct. If you are already making lots of money because of bitcoin, it would sound fair if you even pay more transaction fees as a way to tip miners for their work which makes you cash out a possible.
The number of transactions that people make nowadays is far greater than the past. Ultimately, the load on the networks and miners also increased. Now they have to work more than before. It makes sense if the fees have increased as their work has increased.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
Taylorw

Activity: 336

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 06:13:23 AM

I think that it's honest in terms of service providers. All currencies always have different price, even fiat. So t's impossible to maintain exact price

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
       ▄▄█▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀█▄▄
     ▄█▀ ▄▄█████████████▄▄ ▀█▄

█▀ ▄███████▀   ▀███████▄ ▀█
   █ ▄████████▀     ▀████████▄ █
  █ ▄████████▀       ▀████████▄ █

█ ▄████████▀    █    ▀████████▄ █
▄▀▄█████        ▄█▄        █████▄▀▄
█ ██████▀▀▀     ███     ▀▀▀██████ █

█ ██████▄▄     ▄███▄     ▄▄██████ █
█ ███████▀     ▀▀▀▀▀     ▀███████ █
▀▄▀█████▀                 ▀█████▀▄▀

█ ▀███▀      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      ▀███▀ █
  █ ▀██      █████████      ██▀ █
   █ ▀██▄  ▄███████████▄  ▄██▀ █

█▄ ▀███████████████████▀ ▄█
     ▀█▄ ▀▀█████████████▀▀ ▄█▀

▀▀█▄▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▄▄█▀▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
AppCoins

[.
WHITEPAPER
][.
CROWDSALE
]
bitcoinmaniac52

Activity: 532

Presale is live!

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 07:52:24 AM

Bitcoin transactions are not only fair, they are as fair as you can possibly get. The system is designed to be fair. The price is at equilibrium and no individual or group can control them.

▄▄█████████▄▄      █████████████▄▄       █████████████▄▄        █████     █████        █████   ███████████████████    ██▄                ▄██
   ███████████████▄    ████████████████▄     ████████████████▄      █████     ██████       █████   ███████████████████    ████▄            ▄████
  █████▀     ▀▀███▀    █████     ▀▀█████▄    █████     ▀▀█████▄     █████     ███████      █████          █████           ██████▄        ▄██████
 █████          ▀      █████        ▀▀▀▀▀    ▀▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀██     █████     ████████     █████          █████           ████████▄    ▄████████
 █████▄                ███▀▀                                          ▀▀█     █████████    █████          █████            ▀██████▀    ▀██████▀
 ▀██████▄▄               ▄▄▄        ▄████    ▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄       ▄         ██████████   █████          █████              ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀
  ▀█████████▄▄         █████     ▄▄█████▀    █████     ▄▄█████▀     ███▄▄       ▀▀█ █████  █████          █████                  ▄██████▄
     ▀▀█████▀  ▄▄▄     ████████████████▀     ████████████████▀      █████     ▄▄     ▀▀▀██ █████          █████                ▄██████████▄
         ▀▀ ▄█████▄    █████████████▀▀       ██████████████▀        █████     ████▄       ▀▀▀███          █████              ▄██████████████▄
             ▀█████    █████                 █████     █████        █████     █████    ▄▄▄                █████            ▄████████▀▀████████▄
 ▄█▄          █████    █████                 █████      █████       █████     █████     █████▄▄▄
          █████           ████████▀    ▀████████
▄████▄▄     ▄█████     █████                 █████       █████      █████     █████      ███████
          ▀████           ██████▀        ▀██████
▀████████████████      █████                 █████        █████     █████     █████       ██████
            ▀██           ████▀            ▀████
  ▀▀██████████▀▀       █████                 █████         █████    █████     █████        █████
              ▀           ██▀                ▀██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
    ██
   ██
  ██
 ██
██
 ██
  ██
   ██
    ██
     ██
Whitepaper
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ANN Thread

██
 ██
  ██
   ██
    ██
     ██
    ██
   ██
  ██
 ██
██

Telegram
Facebook
Twitter
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
GlassMaster

Activity: 196

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 07:56:29 AM

Bitcoin is the only currency that brings huge profits in a short time and I consider the transaction commission fair. Of course, you can choose a lower commission, but the transaction speed will slow down.

darewaller

Activity: 2856
Merit: 639

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 10:52:39 AM

Everyone wanted higher bitcoin price and we achieved this but another problem become transaction fees. When bitcoin's price was low, we had to pay also low fee and now when it rised, we have to pay high fee in bitcoins and plus that high fee is more higher with current price. Is this fair? The higher the price, the more money miners have with bitcoin exchange.
To my mind when price becomes high, we have to pay low fee and when it becomes low, than fee has to be high. To my mind it had to be done like this from the begining.

i think its simple thing , when bitcoin price raise that satoshi number will raise too and that is you paying more for fee but i dont know that satoshi number will change or not atall ??
Well, the thing is that they’re not working on maintain the fees in dollar rate, but in satoshis rate. I remember they started with $1, which later multiplied as the price for Bitcoin started rising. So I don’t really know if I should say it’s fair or not; but on the side of newbies I would say it’s not, while on the side of oldies I would say it’s fair.
Dobmader

Activity: 165

View Profile
September 17, 2017, 04:06:46 PM

For me it is not, the fee is so high. The appreciation of Bitcoin price should reach  high before an investor could actually take notice of the return of investment when traded.
Well! You are right but I think it is not so much high the price and the profit of the bitcoin are also increasing. A lot of people are using bitcoin and they are investing in bitcoin so that they are expecting good profit so as we know that ‘no pain no gain’ so if you want fast and easy transaction as a lot of people are enjoying you will have to pay a specific transaction fees so that you will not have to wait so long for the conformation of the transaction.
Sweeet

Activity: 714
Merit: 501

Real Eyes, Realize, Real Lies.

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2017, 04:09:59 PM

I'd say fair is a good term for the bitcoin fee, when compared to things like bank transfers and other transfers, it is considerably low. I think it is a fair price especially when comparing to other means of moving money large or small, the speed is typically much faster, 90% of the time it is cheaper to transfer using Bitcoin. All around it is just better.

Although I do hope that eventually with time and more transactions that the fee will not rise any more or require more bytes fee per BTC sent. I think it is fair but could become worse into something un-fair.
8Habits

Activity: 756
Merit: 294

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 09:54:07 AM

I'd say fair is a good term for the bitcoin fee, when compared to things like bank transfers and other transfers, it is considerably low. I think it is a fair price especially when comparing to other means of moving money large or small, the speed is typically much faster, 90% of the time it is cheaper to transfer using Bitcoin. All around it is just better.

Although I do hope that eventually with time and more transactions that the fee will not rise any more or require more bytes fee per BTC sent. I think it is fair but could become worse into something un-fair.

Aside from the very fast transaction, it is also in anonymity - this is what makes it very valuable and I would pay bigger transaction for that as much as I can. Here is the thing, with typical fiat money transaction online, you need to first undergo some identification and all that and it takes some time complying them all before you can start transacting in an instant
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 »
  Print  

Jump to: