Bitcoin Forum
July 04, 2024, 10:55:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is bitcoin transaction fees fair?  (Read 36209 times)
sagar93

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 02:44:55 PM

Transaction fees is not fair, but buy  and sell fees at various exchanges is quite unfair. 
twicezeroiszero

Activity: 840
Merit: 500

Borderless for People, Frictionless for Banks

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 03:08:35 PM

No my friend,
I think bitcoin transaction fees id is not fair currently because of I want to process a transaction worth $100
I need to pay atleast $20 to process the transaction....
Currently it is not Okay...

May be not 20$) I think average BTC transaction fee is about 5-8 $. Of course there a lot of criprocurrencies like DGB with very small transaction fees and it is preferably to use it.
You have to remember the transaction fees of Bitcoin does not calculate through USD.
You are using Bitcoin, therefore, the Bitcoin miners and Bitcoin system use Bitcoin is the unit to calculate transaction fees.
Beside that, transaction fees depends on the total size of your transaction, more inputs and outputs, you need to spend more fees.

Tra

╓███▄
                            ]████▌
                            ]███▀
         ╓▄▄█████████▄▄    ,▄█▀  
      ▄████▀▀█████µ   `▀▓██▀`    

╓████╜   ╙███████▄▄█▀▀`▀▄    
   ]███▌        "▀██████▌    ▓Ç  
   ]███        ,▄█▀" ▀████   ]█  

▓██      ▄█▀▀     ▓███▌  á█  
     ▀██╖ ╓▄█▀        ▓███▌ ▄█▌  
       ▀███▒         ╓███████`   

,▄██╜"▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀▀      
   ,▄██▀                         
  ▄██▌                           

╓████▌                           
█████┘                           
 ▀▀▀                             
ion
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
 Transitions You to A Crypto-ready Society 

Github   Telegram   Medium   Facebook   Twitter   Reddit   Youtube
 TRADE AND EARN DURING PRE-ICO 
u
\ \ \ \
/ / / /
PRE-SALE STARTS APRIL 15, 2018
/ / / /
\ \ \ \
u
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
Darwintas

Activity: 86
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 03:12:39 PM

i think it is fair fee.when price increase,fee is also increase simultaneously and vice versa.in my opinion it is fair fee and i like the process from my heart.
The transaction increases does not mean the value of Bitcoin increased made its transaction fees also increase the value. You do not know we always need to saving our Bitcoin for future while the Bitcoin miner always raise the transaction fees when the price of Bitcoin increases fastly or create new all time high price.

I don't think that is right, when bitcoin value increase transaction fees are also increases? Grin
Does it mean that they are having a hard time when btc price increases or they are doing it for their own benefits and take advantage of the situation that bitcoin user cannot react and do some actions because transaction fees are common and natural flow when you are doing some transaction.

Fees are commonly paid in every transaction but the higher transaction fees is not fair.

I know man this is ultimate unfair. While we work very hard to make some coins and finally are going to spend it you will fall over. The fees are sometimes even higher than what I will send.

This really brakes me sometimes, but i know that i must send bigger transactions, but low amount of transactions are not a criminal act.
futuret

Activity: 728
Merit: 502

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 04:18:52 PM

ethereum rip-off ofcOr.. ive noticed it so often and now ethereum is joining up with the greatest companies, as mastercard and 'cisco', with huge fundation, its basically a scam
Well you know the ethereum is being join by some of the countries and the with the passage of the time the bitcoin is going to be the part of the life, not all the people are showing the interest for the bitcoin and not all the people are joining in the ethereum so it is the moderate time I think now, I am increasing the bitcoin is helping a lot of the people who are investing In bitcoin on the right time.
USScrypto

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 24, 2017, 11:35:41 PM

absolutely it's unfair and this make people very angry, this kind of high transactions fees dont let us very free. Because when I want to make trading with low profit percentage all my earn goes to transaction.
osasshem

Activity: 625
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 08:44:39 AM

Everyone wanted higher bitcoin price and we achieved this but another problem become transaction fees. When bitcoin's price was low, we had to pay also low fee and now when it rised, we have to pay high fee in bitcoins and plus that high fee is more higher with current price. Is this fair? The higher the price, the more money miners have with bitcoin exchange.
To my mind when price becomes high, we have to pay low fee and when it becomes low, than fee has to be high. To my mind it had to be done like this from the begining.

If you are saying that at low price of bitcoin, then there should be a high transactions fee, reason your say properly. If the fee is higher than the amount you are transfering when the price is low, and the fee is low when the price is high, then means no one would have come into bitcoin from when the price was low, and if no one had come in at that time, there will be no way the price will rise.
Just like in banks, in my country, when you make a bank transfer of $10, a $1 transaction fee will be charged and if you make a$100 transaction, you will be charged $10. It's same thing happening here.
Gasolined

Activity: 37

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 08:49:44 AM

Equal to the main value of bitcoin. the value of bitcoin is increasing. That is a fact everyone must accept. and there is no justice. There is no justice in the economy
jhewlijw

Activity: 22

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 08:52:33 AM

Bitcoin transactions fees previously very low.last week i transferred btc to my friend,i checked the transactions fees are high.i think recently bitcoin,bitcoin charges are increased.
GoldenOrder

Activity: 119

View Profile WWW
November 26, 2017, 03:52:47 AM

What will happen when bitcoin reaches $100k value and those 70.000 or 80.000 satoshis (transfer fees) are worth around $70 or $80 each?. The people who are new or are poor and are just going to start with a small amount of BTC wont be able to move their BTC anywhere due to such a high amount of dollars per transfer. Yes, I know the miners charge a % of BTC, but still it will be too high (in terms of US dollars) when the BTC reaches 100k or more. Poor people wont be able to buy and move BTC. Sad

Have anybody thought about this?
rayneh

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

MatrixCoin - Creating Bright Future Together

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 10:57:15 PM

No my friend,
I think bitcoin transaction fees id is not fair currently because of I want to process a transaction worth $100
I need to pay atleast $20 to process the transaction....
Currently it is not Okay...

May be not 20$) I think average BTC transaction fee is about 5-8 $. Of course there a lot of criprocurrencies like DGB with very small transaction fees and it is preferably to use it.
You have to remember the transaction fees of Bitcoin does not calculate through USD.
You are using Bitcoin, therefore, the Bitcoin miners and Bitcoin system use Bitcoin is the unit to calculate transaction fees.
Beside that, transaction fees depends on the total size of your transaction, more inputs and outputs, you need to spend more fees.
Transaction charge of bitcoins is reasonable on the grounds that alternate transections expenses are stopped unjustifiable and are significantly higher than the bitcoins that is the reason the exchange expense of bitcoin is reasonable and no other crypto monetary standards could set reasonable transection expense like bitcoins so try not to be concerned in light of the fact that the bitcoins truly thinks about their users.

██████████              █████           
████████████          ███████         
███        █████          ███████         
███        █████          ███████         
████        ██████      █████████       
██████            ██████████      █████████       
█████            ██████            ████        ██      █████████       
█████            ██████            ████        ███  ███████████     
█████            ██████            ████        ███  ███████████     
███                                      █████████████████  ███████████     
███    ███    █████              ██████████  ████████████  █████████   
███    █████              ██████████  ████████████  █████████   
█████              ██████████  ████████████  █████████   
██████            ███      ███████████      ██████████ 
██████            ██          █████████          ██████████
██████████          █████████          ██████████
██████████          █████████          ██████████

██
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █

█  ██  █

█  ██  █

█  ██  █

█  ██  █

██

██
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █
█  ██  █

█  ██  █

█  ██  █

█  ██  █

█  ██  █

██

➤  TWITTER
➤  FACEBOOK
➤  INSTAGRAM
mayidid

Activity: 210
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 11:19:29 PM

Bitcoin is getting so expensive that we send small fractions of Bitcoins and the fees is too large for very small amounts of Bitcoin. I think this is where altcoins can be helpful. Altcoins can be used for small transactions while Bitcoin could be used to move large sums of money. This way Bitcoin and several altcoins can exist at the same time. Kind of a symbiotic relationship and the miners can keep getting paid.
bettercrypto

Activity: 1386
Merit: 270

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
November 26, 2017, 11:44:13 PM

Several people will argue on this, some will say it is not, miners will say it is cheap, but remember fees are driven by demand of people who is doing the transaction.  If more people are paying higher fees then the fees will really get high.  I guess miner should not be blame on this but rather people who are sending transaction should have a consensus on how much they should be sending as a fee.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
djablom1

Activity: 125
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 11:49:05 PM

In my opinion it is not fair at all because i pay a lot fee if i just want to trade a small amount same goes for a big amount last time i almost payed one whole bitcoin as a fee price that is abnormal.
B0nnell

Activity: 11

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 01:00:16 AM

More reasonable than ever before that takes a higher cost for each transaction. Rced quantity or high it doesnt alter other than if you use purses that have choicus to change it.Good factor this happened prior tedmuch more users stop into utilizing bitcoin.The low the fee the better otherwise they will use those money transfer companies that offers low fees. oe
8Habits

Activity: 756
Merit: 294

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 11:41:34 PM

Several people will argue on this, some will say it is not, miners will say it is cheap, but remember fees are driven by demand of people who is doing the transaction.  If more people are paying higher fees then the fees will really get high.  I guess miner should not be blame on this but rather people who are sending transaction should have a consensus on how much they should be sending as a fee.

That is really the beauty of bitcoin - it lets the whole community decides on its fate when in terms of transaction fees is so concerned. If bitcoin holders will all pay a smaller amount, it will become so but people who are in a hurry will really just prefer to pay higher fees for fast transactions.
zommbyq

Activity: 40

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 11:59:46 PM

NO ! for sure ,    I can enumerate few exchanges that have high fees , cryptopia/tradesatoshi/coinsmarkets  0.002 BTC  = 19.3 $
cryptolit

Activity: 196

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2017, 12:04:29 AM

Use low fee exchanges - there's your answer! If exchanges didn't charge anything, there would be little reason for them to exist. Every business needs to be profitable.
Blackwhite69

Activity: 560
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 12:05:12 AM

That is really the beauty of bitcoin - it lets the whole community decides on its fate when in terms of transaction fees is so concerned. If bitcoin holders will all pay a smaller amount, it will become so but people who are in a hurry will really just prefer to pay higher fees for fast transactions.

It's true, if you want to have a faster transaction there will be charged higher.
NavI_027

Activity: 1232
Merit: 186

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 12:47:23 AM

I onced send .002 btc (this past October) to other's account then I was shocked when the total amount I will need to pay was .004 btc, so it means that half of it is the transaction fee! Even though this is a little bit unfair, I still send it because I don't have any choice then in less than 2 hours, the recipient already reaceived it and I'm glad for knowing that.

That's not fair when it comes to money but you will save time in return, you are still benefited right? So I think high transactions are fine with me as long as bigger payments are equal to faster transactions.
endlasuresh

Activity: 756
Merit: 103

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2017, 02:02:39 AM

It is not reasonable for such great charges and I too compensated in previous time $10 for $150 deal. When Bitcoin cost was low the fee too low, I am using this bitcoin from last two months, but when it was around $3500 as the fee was too low in those days, but now I can't pay whose funds are less than $1.

The only factor is there are 2 kinds of dealings one is quicker that need to pay great fee and the other one regular, which needs little bit of fee.

For Telugu Translation Contact to me
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 »
  Print  

Jump to: