Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 03:38:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 [51] 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is bitcoin transaction fees fair?  (Read 36209 times)
Konco126

Activity: 295
Merit: 104

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 03:53:53 PM

Everyone wanted higher bitcoin price and we achieved this but another problem become transaction fees. When bitcoin's price was low, we had to pay also low fee and now when it rised, we have to pay high fee in bitcoins and plus that high fee is more higher with current price. Is this fair? The higher the price, the more money miners have with bitcoin exchange.
To my mind when price becomes high, we have to pay low fee and when it becomes low, than fee has to be high. To my mind it had to be done like this from the begining.

I think this is all fair, because the price of Bitcoin high beside him also we must pay dearly. If indeed you want to get big profits, not like that. Because it includes greedy behavior. Live just walk now, because life is governed by the Almighty. Don't be afraid to be poor if you are still trying to be the best. Don't want to be rich if you forget how to do charity to those who need it.
gadimbrut

Activity: 418
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 03:59:15 PM

I think the fee is able to exchange bitcoin is reasonable, because at this time bitcoin price is very expensive, I do not have to pay the fee, because the profit is enough for me
BitNotByte

Activity: 227
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 04:49:27 PM

its pretty unfair coz one time when i was paying someone for about a $ for something, the trans fee is almost 10x the value i am sending, like. hey? ? ?
its really unfair. hope they set a constant value or reasonable price for trans fee for lower values.

aarons6
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 10:44:25 PM

the only way to really fix the fee is to impose a first in first out type rule on the transactions.

if they really wanted to, they could make it so 50% of the block is by highest fee, and 50% is the oldest transactions..

this will let people pay more for faster, but also let you pay the minimum for guaranteed..

the problem now is the minimum is not guaranteed.. if after 7 days it didnt go through it might be rejected..
this is a major flaw in bitcoin.. as if i buy something from you and didnt include enough fee and it gets rejected you are out the money.. with no recourse.
jikurpa

Activity: 665
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 11:21:37 PM

Everyone wanted higher bitcoin price and we achieved this but another problem become transaction fees. When bitcoin's price was low, we had to pay also low fee and now when it rised, we have to pay high fee in bitcoins and plus that high fee is more higher with current price. Is this fair? The higher the price, the more money miners have with bitcoin exchange.
To my mind when price becomes high, we have to pay low fee and when it becomes low, than fee has to be high. To my mind it had to be done like this from the begining.
for me personally low or high price is not the most important problem how we and our strategy in investing even in bitcoin many people who have gained much advantage in accessing bitcoin
8Habits

Activity: 756
Merit: 294

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 10:57:27 PM

for me personally low or high price is not the most important problem how we and our strategy in investing even in bitcoin many people who have gained much advantage in accessing bitcoin

That is correct and I could not agree more with you mate. Bitcoin transaction fees are nothing compared t your potential earnings if you d your homework well and you have formulated a solid trading strategy.
skorupi17

Activity: 490
Merit: 256

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 11:09:40 PM

Nothing in this world is ever fair and that's a fact. But we should consider here not just the price of btc because there are other factors that should be consider such as the number of transactions versus the number of miners. Besides we are the ones who set the price of our tx fees. And like what it was from the beginning, if you want your tx to get confirmed faster then pay a higher fee. But if you think that the price is unreasonable then maybe practice patience and wait for your tx to get confirmed based on how much you paid and don't complain.
tatum506

Activity: 311

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 11:12:53 PM

It is quite expensive. and it takes time. with great deals. maybe you do not feel. However. With a small transaction of 0.00x bitcoin, you will incur an extremely large fee
huynotientao

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 11:15:43 PM

Calculate each transaction you will pay at least $ 20. it's not fair. If you are rich you will not feel that way. Not only that, a transaction can take several days. you lose money. take time, why do you still want to trade bitcoin
Harrisonimo

Activity: 490
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 11:18:31 PM

The bitcoin transaction fee is relatively fair with respect to the bitcoin wallet address being used. I know of recent times that we heard lots of complains especially when there was a lockdown on the blockchain network. Transaction fees rose up like the ways someone will expect one's bought ICO to rise. Also note the price of Bitcoin as at the moment, it is way high, so, those who make transfer on it will definitely do the maths and can tell if OK for them.
Ngehek

Activity: 11

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 11:21:53 PM

yes i think, its not as much as what you get. and more expensive bitcoin price, more and more fee will get by exchanger
8Habits

Activity: 756
Merit: 294

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 11:57:26 PM

The bitcoin transaction fee is relatively fair with respect to the bitcoin wallet address being used. I know of recent times that we heard lots of complains especially when there was a lockdown on the blockchain network. Transaction fees rose up like the ways someone will expect one's bought ICO to rise. Also note the price of Bitcoin as at the moment, it is way high, so, those who make transfer on it will definitely do the maths and can tell if OK for them.

We have benefited a lot by holding bitcoins and we should not complain and be greedy enough to just accumulate more and leave third-party miners with less compensation with them verifying our transactions.
nick_nick

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 12:35:42 AM

remember that are not the miners that make the fee, they could accept even the lowest fee if everyone was using the lowest one and reducing the average, it's up to the peple that decide what fee to use

if for example everyone start now to lower his fee the average would be like the old 10k satoshi per transaction, but instead everyone is rushing to have his/her transaction prioritized and this is increasing the average, miners have no fault here
I perfectly agree with you. We should be mindful that bitcoin is a decentralized currency and nobody controls its regulation which includes transaction fees; and since everyone wants his or her transactions prioritized, fees charged for transactions are bound to increase
choppork

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 01:43:51 AM

Bitcoin transaction fee can be chosen. You can choose between low, medium, or high priority. Obviously, the one with the higher priority has a higher fee. You have the ability to choose amongst those. In terms of the fee in the amount of bitcoin, I think it's only fair that we are paying that amount of money to transact. It's not like you are transacting 24/7. Personally, I transact only a couple of times per month and I think the fee is perfectly fine for the privilege that we get from using bitcoin. We are making a large amount of money in here and I can that it is a fact because based on how much signature campaigns pay, then it's already a good amount of money assuming that you didn't stop participating in them. Only those that don't make money from scratch or plainly just have bitcoin but don't really earn any bitcoins are the ones that might find bitcoin tx fees fair but those that are making money knows that it's only a little price to pay.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██████░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
Lingqingyi

Activity: 168

Open and Transparent Science Powered By Blockchain

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 01:44:13 AM

Now, poundage is too high, small is not suitable for the real deal, if is the big deals can also ignore this little fee, but need to be more reasonable way to reduce fees.

ORVIUM        Open and Transparent Science Powered By Blockchain        ORVIUM
█    Whitepaper        Telegram        Twitter        Facebook        Reddit        Blog    █
▇▆▅▃▃▃▃▃▃   Token Generation Event: Coming Soon   ▃▃▃▃▃▃▅▆▇
Vadimvasily

Activity: 28

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 02:15:59 AM

Yes, many people are too greedy. How much they do not have the opportunity to earn it is only a little more and complain. So is not too much
vudeptraihpv

Activity: 154

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 02:20:59 AM

quite high, for small investors like us. Every transaction is expensive. You lose more than $ 20 for a transaction, and you have to wait for it to finish within 3 days. very difficult
RichNee

Activity: 1

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 02:24:25 AM

Fairness does not exist even in my dreams, why are you still dreaming?  The whole crypto business is about make rich richer and poor poorer.
SupportBitcoin

Activity: 151

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2017, 02:30:39 AM

The fees can be adjusted down if your willing to wait longer for your transaction to confirm. I just have patience to avoid higher fees.

██ ███ ████ █████ ██████  _______SupportBitcoin.com_______   ██████ █████ ████ ███ ██
COMING SOON FEBRUARY 10, 2018
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Waleed rose

Activity: 43

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 02:52:22 AM

The prices of bitcoins is rapidly growing up and have reached at the record level ithe  price 1 BTC is about $9949.0 and is still going up with this Price the transaction fee is also increasing but it seems fair because the miners deserves this fee and this is not a huge fee because the prices of bitcoins is high and in front of this price the transaction fee seems nothing that's why the transaction fee is fair.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 [51] 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 »
  Print  

Jump to: