Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 11:52:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 [60] 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is bitcoin transaction fees fair?  (Read 36209 times)
Creating N Action

Activity: 266
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 12:54:00 AM

Everyone wanted to get a higher price but bitcoin price is sometimes get lower and also there's a time that the bitcoin price is higher. In my own opinion, bitcoin transaction fees is unfair. I say this because I experienced unfair transaction fees in a way that when the payment is ready to release, thr bitcoin price become lower. As you can see, bitcoin price is always changing, the higher the value, the higher the miners get money and the lower the value, the lower miners get money.

8Habits

Activity: 756
Merit: 294

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 06:18:20 AM

Everyone wanted to get a higher price but bitcoin price is sometimes get lower and also there's a time that the bitcoin price is higher. In my own opinion, bitcoin transaction fees is unfair. I say this because I experienced unfair transaction fees in a way that when the payment is ready to release, thr bitcoin price become lower. As you can see, bitcoin price is always changing, the higher the value, the higher the miners get money and the lower the value, the lower miners get money.

I think (but I am not really sure about it), that the slow transaction is the reason why bitcoin fee is getting higher - because people want faster transactions and in so doing, they prefer to transact with higher fee and miners on the other hand would certainly go after higher fees.

So once, developers will sort out the speed of bitcoin transactions  - like in 1 second it can accommodate millions of bitcoin transactions, the fees will surely get lower. I think miners are just there no matter what the price and they are not controlling the market or the bitcoin transaction fees.
rickyNmorty

Activity: 451
Merit: 15

Investor

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 06:33:15 AM

I think transaction fees right now is high because of heavy traffic in systems, since bitcoin already reach $20000 mark and so the demand reacted parallel to its price. I think higher fees is for smoother transactions and the exchangers itself. Of course if you want your transaction to be done you should buy or else it will be freeze.
Gerci

Activity: 87
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 06:45:16 AM

I think very appropriate and right, because it depends on the price now obtained by bitcoin it self, the price of transactions that there is not intentionally determined but with the influence of the price of bitcoin, so any transaction costs don't blame any of the program bitcoin.
Crypto-2X

Activity: 101
Merit: 10

Crypto is everything!!

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 06:47:34 AM

Comparing with alter coins specially ETH it is not fair. The BTC fee is really high with demand and quickness.
I think it should be reduce.
Becase

Activity: 266
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 12:28:49 PM

Everything will feel reasonable if the transaction costs do not see the size or size of the transaction because the transaction costs are felt at this time will be very good if we make big transactions as well. If all transactions equate both transactions in large and small amounts of transaction costs that Do not change then it's a new so-called fair.
Monkeydluffy001

Activity: 33

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 12:33:24 PM

Everyone wanted higher bitcoin price and we achieved this but another problem become transaction fees. When bitcoin's price was low, we had to pay also low fee and now when it rised, we have to pay high fee in bitcoins and plus that high fee is more higher with current price. Is this fair? The higher the price, the more money miners have with bitcoin exchange.
To my mind when price becomes high, we have to pay low fee and when it becomes low, than fee has to be high. To my mind it had to be done like this from the begining.

Definitely it's fair price, as yoou can see when bitcoin falls there are many buyers and investors are rush selling, when bitcoin price go high is still valid, how can you can say it is not fair? It's 2018 already and lot's of sellers, holders, traders don't act any uncessary movement. Well that's the cycle of life of bitcoin.
mahilchii

Activity: 560
Merit: 13

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 12:39:39 PM

Comparing with alter coins specially ETH it is not fair. The BTC fee is really high with demand and quickness.
I think it should be reduce.

Yep, you are right. Bitcoin transaction fees is very high compared to Ethereum, these all comes under same crypto currencies but has different charges. Hope bitcoin team will check the feasibility to reduce the charges by making blocks easy in future like ethereum.

denzkilim

Activity: 1218
Merit: 105

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 12:42:35 PM

Everyone wanted higher bitcoin price and we achieved this but another problem become transaction fees. When bitcoin's price was low, we had to pay also low fee and now when it rised, we have to pay high fee in bitcoins and plus that high fee is more higher with current price. Is this fair? The higher the price, the more money miners have with bitcoin exchange.
To my mind when price becomes high, we have to pay low fee and when it becomes low, than fee has to be high. To my mind it had to be done like this from the begining.

Definitely it's fair price, as yoou can see when bitcoin falls there are many buyers and investors are rush selling, when bitcoin price go high is still valid, how can you can say it is not fair? It's 2018 already and lot's of sellers, holders, traders don't act any uncessary movement. Well that's the cycle of life of bitcoin.

For me it's kinda between fair and not fair, Every time bitcoin achieves a record high price bull rushing the fees are automatically become high and that really hurts a lot if you only have few bitcoins/satoshis on your wallet. But for the security that bitcoin blockchain gives for the past 9 years it's kinda fair for me.  Smiley Smiley
Waccamaw

Activity: 44

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 04:26:49 PM

miners control fee and they ask for None legal fee.
bitcoin fee is so high because network is so busy when network back normally fee will back also.
we must wait more to see that
Rosilito

Activity: 658
Merit: 274

Wish for the rain? Then deal with the mud too.

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 04:44:13 PM

That is the downside of bitcoin value continuously changing or we say is not stable. Well, mostly people who sell thing always think that they will earn money way too far from what we think. Also, if you would put your feet on their shoe definitely you would also do the samething to earn or else you would lose. That is a win-win situation, you should always make a good and marketable move since bitcoin value continuously changing. All in all, if you really would like to earn something do something beyond the usual even it means unfair for others but do not abuse such situation do it moderately.
albertcrypto110

Activity: 140
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 05:07:13 PM

Transaction fees are critical to any cryptocurrency ecosystem. If the costs are too high to send transactions, users will look for alternatives. Bitcoin Cash is clearly cheaper than Bitcoin right now. However, that doesn’t mean BCH is better than other currencies by definition. In fact, it is the more expensive altcoin when compared to Ethereum and Litecoin right now. This is another interesting “flippening” aspect, to say the very least.I really bitcoin transaction fees are fair in contrast of other cryptocurrencies.
Crytptohack

Activity: 126
Merit: 15

HodL!

View Profile WWW
January 21, 2018, 05:15:07 PM

It was probably mentioned numerous times in this thread, but it depends on the mempool size. When there are a LOT of BTC transactions, they all wait in a memorypool, the miners will always look for the most profitable transactions which are the ones with the highest fees.

If you look at the mempool chart near December 22nd, 2017, you will see that the amount of transactions were very high and the fees were also high. People that had a BTC transaction with a low fee had to wait for hours/days to get their transaction completed...
BobbyZounours

Activity: 48

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 06:14:38 PM

The transaction fee of bitcoinas of now  is not fair because before the fee is fair when you send how much bitcoin the fee is less than 20k satoshi before. But as of now. The trasaction fee is depends on how much you send bitcoin if you send bitcoin high amount  for sure  the fee is high but even the fee is high it takes more time before the transaction confirm and before you use your bitcoin.
mikki14

Activity: 299
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 06:36:56 PM

Maybe some of us will feel that the transaction fees aren't fair, I also felt the same way before. But if you will think about it, you will see that it's normal for the rates to get higher when BTC price is increasing. The movement on BTC's value indicates how demanding it is. The higher the demand, the higher the price, the more congested the blocks are. That's why it is more expensive now than before. But you still have the choice if you want a lower fee, just expect the confirmation of your transaction to be slower.

coinman140

Activity: 37

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 06:39:25 PM

its not fair. bitcoin has pump its value. therefore transaction fees also increase in value. i believe that we can send money in almost no fees by using bitcoin, but i think this thought become no sense at all. Grin Grin
Raju Ahammed

Activity: 252
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
January 21, 2018, 06:46:06 PM

Bitcoin transection fees is not a bigg dill i think .Because bitcoin crypto currency transection fees are so cheep.when you earn some amount of token or crypto and then you think to convert into in bitcoin.In that time the covertiing time the fees is so small.Because that time you going to get a big profite from them,then the transection fees is not fair from you.

InvoKing
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1065

✋(▀Ĺ̯ ▀-͠ )

View Profile WWW
January 22, 2018, 06:08:55 PM

Bitcoin transection fees is not a bigg dill i think .Because bitcoin crypto currency transection fees are so cheep.when you earn some amount of token or crypto and then you think to convert into in bitcoin.In that time the covertiing time the fees is so small.Because that time you going to get a big profite from them,then the transection fees is not fair from you.

The topic is not about the fees when converting altcoins to Bitcoin. These fees is nothing comparing to the fees paid while you make a transaction between two addresses (buy something on the Internet...). I know someone paid ~$6 for a transaction of ~$60 which is too high, maybe it is due to small output but still high..

PSPD:law and order enforcement!
Press Section Police Department!
kevinpeck

Activity: 294

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 10:39:37 PM

Actually It's not fair at all, but very necessary. When Bitcoin started the price was low, people usually transferred bigger amounts of Bitcoin and also since the network wasn't busy. The fees were low per kilobytes and small compared to the money transferred. So now that Bitcoin is big and making a lot of people transfer really smaller amounts of Bitcoin. Though if the fee would be the same per kilobytes now there are more smaller inputs and smaller amounts are send out of Bitcoin for the same number of dollars.
9jaflick

Activity: 728
Merit: 254

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 11:36:37 AM

The bitcoin transaction fee would be a bit okay if the transaction confirmation speed/time could be 2seconds per confirmation.
You pay higher transaction fee and you wait forever for your transaction to be confirmed. This is not fair at all
Pages: « 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 [60] 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 »
  Print  

Jump to: