Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 08:33:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 [61] 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is bitcoin transaction fees fair?  (Read 36209 times)
popoypalaboy03

Activity: 154
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 12:59:48 PM

Everyone wanted higher bitcoin price and we achieved this but another problem become transaction fees. When bitcoin's price was low, we had to pay also low fee and now when it rised, we have to pay high fee in bitcoins and plus that high fee is more higher with current price. Is this fair? The higher the price, the more money miners have with bitcoin exchange.
To my mind when price becomes high, we have to pay low fee and when it becomes low, than fee has to be high. To my mind it had to be done like this from the begining.

of course they are for bitcoin can not exist without function. we can not provide the processing power to implement and multi confirm a transaction.  those who support the network have to be paid for providing a service this valuable.
Cofuchu

Activity: 100
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 11:19:20 AM

Of course it's an interesting opinion. I think such a price for a transaction - is very unjust. But I don't even know if it will decrease. We'll see this year.
cryptolerant

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 11:59:04 AM

Everyone wanted higher bitcoin price and we achieved this but another problem become transaction fees. When bitcoin's price was low, we had to pay also low fee and now when it rised, we have to pay high fee in bitcoins and plus that high fee is more higher with current price. Is this fair? The higher the price, the more money miners have with bitcoin exchange.
To my mind when price becomes high, we have to pay low fee and when it becomes low, than fee has to be high. To my mind it had to be done like this from the begining.

Definitely it's fair price, as yoou can see when bitcoin falls there are many buyers and investors are rush selling, when bitcoin price go high is still valid, how can you can say it is not fair? It's 2018 already and lot's of sellers, holders, traders don't act any uncessary movement. Well that's the cycle of life of bitcoin.

I am totally disagree! Transaction fees and transaction times are getting ridiculous every day. We all dream that blockchain will be part of life but how will you buy little things like cost a dollar? You will have to pay 25 times more transaction fee. As long as bitcoin dev doesn't solve this problem, it will effect its own future.
Klestar

Activity: 210

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 12:10:30 PM

For me, it has been a nuisance and a complete pain in the back, the fact that bitcoin transaction fees ballooned up made us unhappy. but what can we do? we can see that the value of bitcoin definitely increased and is expected to do so. so at the back of my mind, I think of the increase in transaction fee a bit reasonable because it comes with the fact that the value of bitcoin increased.
SiDtHeBeSt

Activity: 420
Merit: 106

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 12:17:11 PM

I can't say whether its completely fair or not, but we pay the transaction fees for the miners who are carrying out our transaction. It is surely very irritating and high at times when there is alot of traffic. I think at such times you just shouldn't make any transactions as it might cause a noticable loss.
Ryan1212

Activity: 93
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 12:34:25 PM

why BTC transaction fees rise..?? yesterday i sold 0.022 BTC ... i paid $3 transaction fees.
anybody know how and why transaction fees is over ...??
The reason is Cancelation of BTC hardfork ??
mistletoe

Activity: 145

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 12:50:49 PM

Im very much thankful that the fee has subside lately but it used to be such a pain in the arse like weeks ago. I mean, it's too much! You depo on one site and you only get like 50% of your deposit because of the fee and you gunna speed up the transaction cuz otherwise itll take ages.

I have a feeling that they are doing this on purpose cuz that would mean better profit for em miners =.=

Akorharrison

Activity: 399
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 01:07:31 PM

I came to realized that BTC fees is now low but last week I was charged $6 on a single transaction I perform but today is not like that anymore.
Nana99

Activity: 126

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 01:11:25 PM

Once the transactions fee will be too high most of people will use lower fees.
heureca

Activity: 658
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 01:14:01 PM

At present BTC transaction fee is too high. At the same time transaction time is also not good Sad Currently I do not consider as payment tool but tool for investment only

██                                                     
██████                                                    
██████████                ████              ████          
█████████████          ██████████        ██████████       
█████  █████████    ███████████████   ████████████████    
█████     ████████████████   ████  ██████████  ██████████ 
█████        ██████████          █████████        █████████
█████         ██████             ██████              ████ 
█████         █████              ████                     
█████         ███████            ██████              ████ 
█████        ███████████         █████████        █████████
█████     █████████████████  ████   █████████  ██████████ 
█████  █████████    ███████████████   ████████████████    
█████████████          █████████         ██████████       
██████████                ████              ████          
  ████                                                    
/Distributed
Credit Chain
//
Empower Credit, Enable Finance
GithubFacebookMedium ‹‹‹dcc.finance››› RedditTwitterTelegram
Genosx

Activity: 434

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 07:18:47 PM

No, there are companies that their transaction fees are too high unlike others that not as much like them. So I suggest to find some company at low fees with excellent services.
FUD Expert

Activity: 434

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 07:01:02 AM

You mean outrageous right? How would an average person buy a burger, softdrinks or something to eat when he needs to pay double or triple just for the fees? I'm really praying that all of these issues will be in the past so we can successfully use bitcoin on our everyday lives.
Doni Ariyanto

Activity: 294

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 07:58:42 AM

I think the fees of bitcoin transaction is not so high compared to paypal bank. often I find paypal bank higher than bitcoin fees. after all the cost is very high I do not think it's fair because compared to the transaction cost of the past then, only about 20000 satoshi to the maximum and now ranges up to 100k satoshi or even more very high. As far as I know, it's always fair because the person doing the transaction has an option if he wants to pay regular, higher, or lower fees.
weblouartisan

Activity: 448

Lets Go Adab

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 08:06:21 AM

There are some exchangers that has a higher fee but the security in their website are also very high and you can really trust their system while others with lower fee's has a higher chance of being hacked so i think its fair depending on the websites policy.

DAN29

Activity: 53

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 08:06:33 AM

For me it's kinda fair. Compare the transaction fees to the money you earned. And will be earned. Its just a bit so for me it's fair enough.
Boysen

Activity: 264
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 08:16:42 AM

To be honest it is quite fair although I cannot lie, the transaction of transferring bitcoins nowadays is very huge compared to what it was way back then. But I believe it really is fair considering how great bitcoin has influenced and impacted the lives of investors and traders alike.

Iphone7s

Activity: 98

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 04:16:44 PM

Last days the fees are out of control, without a solution to this people are mooving they money into others currencies, its insane send 5 dollars and pay 15% as fee, soo no at this point fees are to high, but the thing is bitcoin is a good investment.
Trela
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1001

The Decentralized TCP/IP Internet Protocol

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 04:59:59 PM

There are some exchangers that has a higher fee but the security in their website are also very high and you can really trust their system while others with lower fee's has a higher chance of being hacked so i think its fair depending on the websites policy.
We are talking about the Bitcoin transaction fees, it is not related the exchangers. High fees to withdraw money from exchangers is normal, because the network increases the fees to get fast confirm, so, exchangers also need to increase this fee. But, that fees also help them have more profits, this is the truth. Tongue

██
           ████ ▄▄▄
          ██  ▄██▄█
         ██ ▄█▀██
        ██▄█▀   ██
       ███▀      ██
     ▄██         ██
   ▄█
██            ██
█▀████    ▄▄▄      ███
▀▀▀██     █▄█▄     ████
  ██        ▀▀██▄▄  ████
 ███████████████▀▀███████
                   █▄█
Protect Your Privacy With Decentralized Internet Protocol
50 Million
Global Users
!     ▐█████▄
     ███████▌
    ▐███████
 ███
████████████▄▄▄
▐██
█████████████████▄
███
██████████████████
 ▀
████████▀▀▀████████
 ▐███████    ████████
 ████████    ███████▀
█████████▄▄████████▀
██████████████████▀
 ██████████████▀▀
  ▀▀███████▀▀▀
LISTED ON               
bithum &
bithum Global
emirkalyoncu

Activity: 258
Merit: 114

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 05:10:19 PM

At the begining it was fair but paying 5 dollar when I want to send 4 dollar is unfair.Satoshi couldnt foresee the increase of bitcoin
Wayan_Pedjeng

Activity: 913
Merit: 252

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 05:28:12 PM

Last month, I had to pay $40 for a single transaction (the total value of that transaction was only around $200, meaning that I paid a fee that was equivalent to 25% of the amount). And that was the last time that I did a transaction using Bitcoin.
Pages: « 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 [61] 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 »
  Print  

Jump to: