Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 08:56:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 [63] 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is bitcoin transaction fees fair?  (Read 36209 times)
Dapper

Activity: 560
Merit: 260

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 03:45:02 AM

For me, the current fees are fair.   I'd say low even.   On the downside, I suppose I don't like that they can vary quite a bit depending on market activity, but the upside is still greater than that one drawback.

sent from my X6
TomLynch

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 12:48:31 PM

Bitcoin as from of paying for services and other has a speed growth. So it's more likely that any other payment system fees are resulting in over payment to the bank/processor as they have less competition on their fees.
Socioman

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

The revolutionary trading ecosystem

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2018, 12:52:48 PM

As far as I know the commission is not only depends on the price of bitcoin. After all, at its high cost, revaluation takes place and the amount of satoshi per transaction decreases. Do I understand the system correctly?

MaleKing

Activity: 70

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 12:55:59 PM

As far as I know the commission is not only depends on the price of bitcoin. After all, at its high cost, revaluation takes place and the amount of satoshi per transaction decreases. Do I understand the system correctly?

It's good that if you want to send 10.000$ you pay only 3$. But what happens with the people that want to send 3$?
rtm125

Activity: 434
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 01:58:36 PM

Fortunately, now the size of the Commission is much smaller that can not but rejoice. This is due to the Lighting Network system, which made it possible to speed up data processing during a transaction.

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
XFlowZion

Activity: 392

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 08:02:40 AM

Not really but the dip is like a blessing in disguise to me. I couldn't transfer my BTC.08 before because it needed  400k sats to complete that transaction and now that it plummeted, I just spent only 100k sats to transfer it.
rcoins0720

Activity: 253

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 11:22:17 AM

have a ticker notification which sends me sms on my phone if the tx price is lower than my treshold but unfortunately it is only available here in my country, I don't know if in other country have an notif ticker like these but if you find one it really helps a lot hehehe..
I am also one of you as the price of bitcoin prices rises the fees also. how about us small investors.. lucky for those big whales and megalodon holders.
is this could be their agenda as the bitcoin price rises?? could it be? haha but for now lets take advantage and keep saving for future purposes
Netnox
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1008

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 11:29:55 AM

It is the volatility in the fee which is bothering me. Two months back, I was paying as much as $40 to move my coins and yesterday I paid just $0.05 for almost the same amount. I would have preferred a fixed fee in the range of $1 to $2.
monkeydominicorobin

Activity: 294
Merit: 104

✪ NEXCHANGE | BTC, LTC, ETH & DOGE ✪

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 11:47:45 AM

Everyone wanted higher bitcoin price and we achieved this but another problem become transaction fees. When bitcoin's price was low, we had to pay also low fee and now when it rised, we have to pay high fee in bitcoins and plus that high fee is more higher with current price. Is this fair? The higher the price, the more money miners have with bitcoin exchange.
To my mind when price becomes high, we have to pay low fee and when it becomes low, than fee has to be high. To my mind it had to be done like this from the begining.

The question is. Is it fair that the Bitcoin you are holding right now must be worth 5 dollars years ago. Is that fair?

denis-z12

Activity: 294
Merit: 103

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 09:33:04 PM

It really depends on the amount you are sending. if you are sending 5$ and you have to pay 5$ in fees its way too high.
But if you are sending 100,000$ + 5$ then no bank can beat that.
Zeque02

Activity: 490

Platform for Cross Chain Fundraising

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 11:41:57 PM

Bitcoin as form of paying for services and other has a speed of growth.
I think merchants around the globe have an incentive  to accept the digital currency for it transaction fee are very lower than 1-3% charges.

Fees will not rise easily without reason. In my own opinion about transaction fees if fair is that yes, its fair because it wil depend on their business partners who accepted bitcoin. Besides they can't easily rise it because it can be the reason why people will not use bitcoin. So they will find ways that transaction fees will not rise.

▀     ▀       Platform for Cross Chain Fundraising      [   P r ⦿ s t a r t e r .   ]           Invest today. Live tomorrow.       ▀     ▀
▀     ▀     |  Whitepaper  |  Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Telegram Group  |  Telegram Ann  |  Medium  |  Youtube  |     ▀     ▀
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬  Powered by BOUNTY DETECTIVE  ▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ButtCrack

Activity: 432
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 10:48:51 PM

It is the volatility in the fee which is bothering me. Two months back, I was paying as much as $40 to move my coins and yesterday I paid just $0.05 for almost the same amount. I would have preferred a fixed fee in the range of $1 to $2.
This is the function of the Bitcoin network. For a decentralized network has stable fees is impossible. You have to know it depends on the capacity of mining network and the numbers of transaction hash. More transaction unconfirm and low power to mining, that fees will increase.

▄█
            ██  ██
           ██  ████
          ██  ██  ██
         ██  ██    ██
        ██  ██  ██  ██
       ██  ██    ██  ██
      ██  ██  ██  ██  ██
     ██  ██  ████  ██  ██
    ██  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██
   ██  ██  ██    ██  ██  ██
  ██  ██  ██████████  ██  ██
 ██                    ██  ██
█████████████████████▄  ██  █
                         ██
▀███████████████████████████

█████ █   █ █████      ███          █████████████▄▄    ████            ████     ▄▄██████████      ▄▄██████████
  █   █   █ █         █████         ████████████████    ████          ████     █████████████     █████████████
  █   █████ █████    ███████        ███         ▀███     ████        ████     ███▀              ███▀
  █   █   █ █        ███ ███        ███          ███      ████      ████      ███               ███
  █   █   █ █████   ███   ███       ███          ███       ████    ████       ███               ███
                    ███   ███       ███         ▄███        ████  ████        ███▄              ███▄
                   ███     ███      ██████████████▀          ████████          ██████████▄▄      ██████████▄▄
                   ███     ███      ██████████████▄           ██████            ▀▀██████████      ▀▀██████████
                  ███       ███     ███         ▀███           ████                      ▀███              ▀███
                  █████████████     ███          ███           ████                       ███               ███
                 ███████████████    ███          ███           ████                       ███               ███
                 ███         ███    ███         ▄███           ████                      ▄███              ▄███
                ███           ███   ████████████████           ████           ██████████████    ██████████████
                ███           ███   █████████████▀▀            ████           ███████████▀▀     ███████████▀▀

█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
█▄▄
▀▀█
█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █

█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
█▄▄
▀▀█
█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
TOKEN-SALE : Apr 16 2018
     DAICO :       May 16 2018

ANN Thread  ■  Whitepaper
■  Twitter
■  Telegram
■  Facebook
santieevanz

Activity: 238

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 11:18:21 PM

Everyone wanted higher bitcoin price and we achieved this but another problem become transaction fees. When bitcoin's price was low, we had to pay also low fee and now when it rised, we have to pay high fee in bitcoins and plus that high fee is more higher with current price. Is this fair? The higher the price, the more money miners have with bitcoin exchange.
To my mind when price becomes high, we have to pay low fee and when it becomes low, than fee has to be high. To my mind it had to be done like this from the begining.
In my opinion, the reason why transactions fees in bitcoin are high was because the current price of btc is also high which is just fair for me. As long as it never asks all of us to pay 50% of the amount of our btc then for me it is all fine. As the matter of fact, they also need to earn for every transactions that people make. This is what their service does, to please and give customers/client to use their exchange for they will give them the best service they all have in return.

fleda

Activity: 162

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 11:24:55 PM

I think it is fair. Of course miners are working to get profit not only just us. We are happy when bitcoin price is rising because we can get a lot of profit, same as miners too. Do you just want that you are just the only one whos getting profit? How about them? If you don't want to feel the high transaction fees, don't do transaction if its just a little amount.

◆  ◆  ◆  ◇      P L A Z A      ◇  ◆  ◆  ◆            The Intersection of Lifestyle & Technology
[ WHITEPAPER ]     PRE-SALE Starts  │  March 15th, 2018     [ ANN THREAD ]
TELEGRAM        GITHUB       MEDIUM        YOUTUBE        TWITTER        FLIPBOARD        REDDIT        LINKEDIN        FACEBOOK        EMAIL
Pedro18

Activity: 224
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 11:26:06 PM

For now, the fee of every transaction in bitcoin is really quite big, It's really not affordable. I am really sad about that because way back before 2016, the fee of bitcoin transaction is really low, compare now. It's quite huge and really ouch on our pocket.
UsernameBitcoin

Activity: 530
Merit: 250

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 12:40:48 AM

Bitcoin transaction fees is decided by the mempool and the miners.

If the mempool is empty then a low fee transaction will go through. If you want a fast transaction then you have to pay a higher fees so that it is included in a block as quickly as possible.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
zmerol

Activity: 117
Merit: 5

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 12:49:51 AM

since the users are the ones to set it up when observing how congested the network is, allot prefer to pay up to $0.50 more cents to get it confirmed instantly rather than waiting for days..
On the other hand, a 1/5 of a KB requires 0.0006 or so now and 1 KB around 0.003 BTC which is too much, particularly for BTC as an interface for micropayments.
Bitcoin_trader2016

Activity: 266

BITCOIN TRADER 2016

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 12:50:27 AM

Bitcoin transaction fees is decided by the mempool and the miners.

If the mempool is empty then a low fee transaction will go through. If you want a fast transaction then you have to pay a higher fees so that it is included in a block as quickly as possible.

If that kind of fee continue in the future then surely bitcoin fall down to the groud its because all bitcoin will surely sell there coins and move other crypto currency which is cheaper and faster transaction. Just a simple logic how can we use bitcoin as a mode of payment in the future if you have to wait for a long time in just only 1 transaction.

smhome354

Activity: 168
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 01:21:11 AM

I think the bitcoin transaction fees are high. They may have based the fees with the individuals who are already earning much with bitcoin. What about the people who are not yet earning? But anyway this is just an opinion. I still think the fees should be lower.

CRYPTFUNDER.IO ▼ Disruptive Funding for Startup ICOs & Blockchain Companies ▼ Join Our ICO Now! ▼
Becase

Activity: 266

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 08:14:36 AM

I think fair or not, the point is demand and demand, now with increasing frequency of transactions, the number of requests to put in a block higher and for that, I think the cost is higher because everyone tries to try to compete to get more places good.
Pages: « 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 [63] 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 »
  Print  

Jump to: