Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 11:45:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 [65] 66 67 68 69 70 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is bitcoin transaction fees fair?  (Read 36208 times)
anitaraymonds

Activity: 490
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 09:41:29 AM

To me it is too high but the exchanges are complaining of high cost of mining because power source and security maintenance of their system as the reason for the exorbitant price.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ButtCrack

Activity: 432
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 11:06:17 PM

Yes the transaction fees of Bitcoin is fair but not in all situations. because the transaction fee of bitcoin is very high as a result when we transact Bitcoin from one account to another account at that situation if the amount of transacting Bitcoin is so much then it is fair but when we transact a little amount of Bitcoin then the fee is not fair.
Currently, the transaction fees of Bitcoin reduced a lot. You can check again, I just need to spend 30k satoshi to send 1 Bitcoin and get confirm within 1 hours. The Bitcoin network has improved its system. I think it was better than few months ago too much.

▄█
            ██  ██
           ██  ████
          ██  ██  ██
         ██  ██    ██
        ██  ██  ██  ██
       ██  ██    ██  ██
      ██  ██  ██  ██  ██
     ██  ██  ████  ██  ██
    ██  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██
   ██  ██  ██    ██  ██  ██
  ██  ██  ██████████  ██  ██
 ██                    ██  ██
█████████████████████▄  ██  █
                         ██
▀███████████████████████████

█████ █   █ █████      ███          █████████████▄▄    ████            ████     ▄▄██████████      ▄▄██████████
  █   █   █ █         █████         ████████████████    ████          ████     █████████████     █████████████
  █   █████ █████    ███████        ███         ▀███     ████        ████     ███▀              ███▀
  █   █   █ █        ███ ███        ███          ███      ████      ████      ███               ███
  █   █   █ █████   ███   ███       ███          ███       ████    ████       ███               ███
                    ███   ███       ███         ▄███        ████  ████        ███▄              ███▄
                   ███     ███      ██████████████▀          ████████          ██████████▄▄      ██████████▄▄
                   ███     ███      ██████████████▄           ██████            ▀▀██████████      ▀▀██████████
                  ███       ███     ███         ▀███           ████                      ▀███              ▀███
                  █████████████     ███          ███           ████                       ███               ███
                 ███████████████    ███          ███           ████                       ███               ███
                 ███         ███    ███         ▄███           ████                      ▄███              ▄███
                ███           ███   ████████████████           ████           ██████████████    ██████████████
                ███           ███   █████████████▀▀            ████           ███████████▀▀     ███████████▀▀

█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
█▄▄
▀▀█
█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █

█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
█▄▄
▀▀█
█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
█  █
TOKEN-SALE : Apr 16 2018
     DAICO :       May 16 2018

ANN Thread  ■  Whitepaper
■  Twitter
■  Telegram
■  Facebook
compro01

Activity: 590
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 02:11:45 AM

Sometimes it is little bit higher.But actually it depends on the amount anyone transferring.But bitcoin as well as it's technology growing very rapidly and also new miners are joining; those will help to reduce the transaction fees and reduce time also.
alekseidanilov0803

Activity: 84
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 10:07:00 AM

For a good profit, you need to invest in projects to invest at least $ 100.
huanzhong644306

Activity: 182
Merit: 4

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 10:20:20 AM
Merited by jsscswan (1)

Each bitcoin transaction takes a certain transaction fee from the payer. Unlike Banks, which charge a fee based on fixed interest rates or total transactions, the cost of bitcoin is based on the amount of data required to encode it. It's not hard to understand the system, but its nuance and unintuitive nature mystify many bitcoin users, both novices and veterans.
Bitcoin transactions initially seem arbitrary, but they follow well-defined rules:

Bitcoin is an electronic cash system. The electronic equivalent of paper money is an unspent currency. The unspent currency becomes the input to the next transaction, and so on;

The net levy is based on the size of the transaction bytes, not its amount;

The largest contributor to transaction size is the number of inputs;

Paying with a large amount of small payments can lead to high fees;

Coin control can help integrate large amounts of unspent COINS, such as tips and other small payments.

Payment can be made without payment after a day of receiving bitcoin.

maurobiasolo

Activity: 602
Merit: 101

http://scientificcoin.com/

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 10:22:17 AM

To me it is too high but the exchanges are complaining of high cost of mining because power source and security maintenance of their system as the reason for the exorbitant price.

I do agree that, for an exchange, maintenance and security require big investments. I'm not fully sure that they are using transaction fees for those aspects  Grin

SCIENTIFICCOIN - platform for scientific projects with decentralized evaluation

TelegramFacebookTwitter ‖   PLATFORM   ‖ RedditMediumWhitepaper
jsscswan

Activity: 266

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 10:27:04 AM

If we look at current transactions may not be fair, it does not matter if bitcoin transaction fees are expensive on condition that there should be standard calculations. For example when bitcoin price rises then bitcoin transaction fee also increases, but if bitcoin price drops then bitcoin transaction fee must also decrease. The bitcoin transaction fee must also follow the amount of bitcoin to be sent, there must be a standard% calculation following the amount sent.

_____________________A I T H E O N_____________________       [   JOIN THE WHITELIST   ]
The digital ecosystem simplifying your world through A.I., robotic, and human symbiosis
██ ███     WHITEPAPER     |     TELEGRAM     |     TWITTER     |     INSTAGRAM     ███ ██
twicezeroiszero

Activity: 840
Merit: 500

Borderless for People, Frictionless for Banks

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 05:14:11 PM

I do agree that, for an exchange, maintenance and security require big investments. I'm not fully sure that they are using transaction fees for those aspects  Grin
The transaction fees of Bitcoin depends on the number of transactions on the Bitcoin network.
You can not blame the Bitcoin system, because this fees is more higher mean more transaction, more people know Bitcoin and using it.
You should to feel happy while many people like to using this currency, the price of Bitcoin will increase when this time happen, I can be sure this case.

Tra

╓███▄
                            ]████▌
                            ]███▀
         ╓▄▄█████████▄▄    ,▄█▀  
      ▄████▀▀█████µ   `▀▓██▀`    

╓████╜   ╙███████▄▄█▀▀`▀▄    
   ]███▌        "▀██████▌    ▓Ç  
   ]███        ,▄█▀" ▀████   ]█  

▓██      ▄█▀▀     ▓███▌  á█  
     ▀██╖ ╓▄█▀        ▓███▌ ▄█▌  
       ▀███▒         ╓███████`   

,▄██╜"▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀▀      
   ,▄██▀                         
  ▄██▌                           

╓████▌                           
█████┘                           
 ▀▀▀                             
ion
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
 Transitions You to A Crypto-ready Society 

Github   Telegram   Medium   Facebook   Twitter   Reddit   Youtube
 TRADE AND EARN DURING PRE-ICO 
u
\ \ \ \
/ / / /
PRE-SALE STARTS APRIL 15, 2018
/ / / /
\ \ \ \
u
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
Cryptolord55

Activity: 71

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 05:33:10 PM

The fees aren't fair for the senders considering how high it is and keeping on rising BUT it is how it works, we are the ones determining the fees by how high we are willing to pay to get included quickly. Since bitcoin has no set fees.
Wayan_Pedjeng

Activity: 913
Merit: 252

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 05:38:50 PM

Now transactions with fee as low as 2 Sat/Byte are getting confirmed without any delay. That means that you are paying an average of around $0.05 to $0.10 per transaction. I would say that these levels are quite fair, as Visa/Master is charging much more for their transactions.
x xurtjati

Activity: 132

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 05:41:31 PM

From my point of view this is pretty good why I can say that because the bitcoin system like school if we are diligent there will be a significant increase of course all human wants to get the highest position where we can distinguish who really and who. hope. ... ...
Naitik

Activity: 714
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 05:51:21 PM
Merited by jerry29@ (1)

Yes bitcoin transaction fee is a major issue. The transaction fees is very high. It is too huge to serve as transaction fee. Just imagine if there is no transaction fees, it will add our profits and we fearlessly do many transaction and earn huge profits.
But it will never happen because exchanges where we trade the bitcoin take lots of money to made itself. These exchanges have the right to earn because these trades help to hide our anonymous identification and made ourselves easy for the trading just sell or buy anything without any proofs, identities and online services. These deserves transaction fees.  Cheesy Cheesy
gvnsrbtc

Activity: 523
Merit: 285

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 08:28:04 PM

The current fees are just horrible. The only positive effect is that i don't spend and keep holding lol. Anyway, i hope that soon this problem will be resolved because i don't think it can continue like this way in the long run.
GregoryPorter

Activity: 54
Merit: 3

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 08:30:57 PM

I think this is due to the speed in which it grew. It was unprecedented. The lightning protocol has already begun but it takes time to achieve enough nodes to see the transaction fees reduce significantly. I think by the time we go in another bull run we will be in a much better position.
Klestar

Activity: 210

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 03:34:07 AM

Everyone wanted higher bitcoin price and we achieved this but another problem become transaction fees. When bitcoin's price was low, we had to pay also low fee and now when it rised, we have to pay high fee in bitcoins and plus that high fee is more higher with current price. Is this fair? The higher the price, the more money miners have with bitcoin exchange.
To my mind when price becomes high, we have to pay low fee and when it becomes low, than fee has to be high. To my mind it had to be done like this from the begining.
For me, anything that charges about 2% for every transaction would be fair, especially if it confirms in real time. Now if bitcoin transactions can be made faster without increasing the fees too much then it is like fairy tale come true. But there are those who are benefitting from these high fees and they are not going to let go of such earning opportunity that easily.
Dapper

Activity: 560
Merit: 260

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 03:42:41 AM

Fair, high and low will be different for different people, but just from today, I have sent a few batches of $1500 transactions that cost around 70 cents each.    I can only think that anyone who would call that high doesn't actually deal in btc and it just writing random fictional thoughts.   

sent from my X6
rxthree

Activity: 266
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 02:09:46 PM

Transactions that pay more fees are faster than those that pay less fees, it's normal, but that's not the problem. The problem is the time it takes. For example, if the transactions with higher fees took a minute and those that pay less took two hours, it would be understandable. However, the problem is that there are transactions that are taking 12-24 hours and that is too much.
kikay15

Activity: 127
Merit: 10

Global Risk Exchange - gref.io

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 02:23:00 PM

Not fair but I think it is reasonable. If you want a faster transaction, you shell out additional fees and lower fees for not so fast confirmations. I think it is not automatically setup but you have to select it manually in your wallet.I hope network improves so that it is convenient t0 send and receive transaction just like before.
Their are changer that their fee is so expensive, but how we get our real price of of token if the fee is so expensive. For me its not fair because we workhard for our token.

▐▐ █     GRE   ≣   GLOBAL RISK EXCHANGE     █ ▌▌
━━  ((     Whitepaper     |     ANN Thread     ))  ━━
Telegram     Medium     Facebook     Twitter     Github
robynmario

Activity: 168

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 02:29:40 PM

I'm sure you will never be able to find fair value in bitcoin trading fees. Because bitcoin always fluctuates and changes the transaction fees. Actual transaction fees are guaranteed for you to have the correct transactional conversions. You can not expect that from their long-standing policy. For me, adding a fraction of transaction fee will not make you lose your trust. Bittrex has a high transaction fee, but I feel safe there because it's their reputation.
Tohsigohay

Activity: 114

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 02:35:09 PM

for me the cost taken has been agreed from the beginning, no problem about it. In the business world such a thing has become a liability between the seller and the buyer before making btc transactions with prior approval.
Pages: « 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 [65] 66 67 68 69 70 »
  Print  

Jump to: