Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 06:10:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 [68] 69 70 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is bitcoin transaction fees fair?  (Read 36209 times)
John Snow

Activity: 112
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 12:26:47 AM

For me it's a fair transaction and eventhough it has that transaction fees, but compared to fiat currency transactions, Bitcoin is fairly lesser than fiat charges. If we compare it in government taxations, Bitcoin is not taxable as well and that is the advantages that Bitcoin has which you cannot benefit from fiat cash government collection system.
rhayot

Activity: 351

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 12:33:10 AM

Yes, the transaction fees are fair but sometimes it’s too much and it is depends on the exchanges site’s fee. The exchanges site must have a meeting or talk regarding the fees that they are implementing, so that there will be a specific amount of fee in a certain amount of bitcoin. Like what you said, when the bitcoin is high, the fee is high also and when the bitcoin is low, the is low also. There should be a fix price of fees for the bitcoin or any other cryptocurrency.
alvi shayne

Activity: 6

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 12:40:05 AM

The price of transaction fees rised when the bitcoin   is in process of increasing of price because they depend it on how much you earn while youre mining a bitcoin. Im not agee to your statement because when they give a lower transaction fee they might be bankcrappe
raidarksword

Activity: 2044
Merit: 16

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2018, 07:55:35 AM

Well, it really depends on what price of bitcoin currently residing. It adjust to the amount of fees when a bitcoin goes up or down. It's pretty fair to me because without fees then it would be useless for our transactions be processed and confirmed by the miners, so it is really essentials to cover all the transaction fees.

bncbnc

Activity: 840
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 08:05:02 PM

for now it is not fair because in many exchanger the transaction fee are too high and so expensive even the conversion fee are too expensive, thats why many of the users find a low transaction fee exchanger.
I also think that it is not fair, In fact we cannot use bitcoin for small transaction, and that is the reason that we feel reluctant to use bitcoin for shopping small items, To me in past i was using bitcoin for recharging my mobile balance, but after increasing the transaction fee it has now become difficult for me to use it for recharging my mobile using bitcoin, because some time i have to pay more fee than recharging amount.

▄▄▄▄
▐████▌
▀██▀
▐▌
▄██▄
▄▄▄▄ ▐████▌ ▄▄▄▄
▐████▌ ▀▀▀▀ ▐████▌
████  ▄▄▄▄  ████
▐████▌
▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄  ▀██▀  ▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄
▐████▌      ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌      ▐████▌
▀██▀  ▄▄▄▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄▄▄▄  ▀██▀
▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌
▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄
▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌
▀▀▀▀  ▄██▄  ▀▀▀▀  ▄██▄  ▀▀▀▀  ▄██▄  ▀▀▀▀
▐████▌      ▐████▌      ▐████▌
▀▀▀▀  ████  ▀▀▀▀  ████  ▀▀▀▀
▐████▌      ▐████▌
▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀
ivy|..FACILITATING SECURE, TRANSPARENT...........
BUSINESS PAYMENTS ON A GLOBAL SCALE....

..─────────  ❱❱  WHITEPAPER  ❰❰  ─────────..
|
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
|.JOIN US NOW!.|
bishnoi

Activity: 98

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 06:13:52 PM

obviouslly bitcoin transaction fees is fair because bitcoin gives us too much so we also have some responsibility so thats why this fees is totally fair
jkinit2125

Activity: 182
Merit: 8

NTOK: Tokenize Your Talents

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 06:18:19 PM

The problem occurs because the transaction fee of bitcoin network is fixed. With its quantity, any changes its price would technically change also of transaction fee. At some point, it is indeed a negative thoughts cryptocurrency enthusiasts having bitcoin high fees, yet it will become immaterial once bitcoin to be send is much higher.
There are also a lot of alternative coins that are at high value yet low transaction costs, which gives them transaction fee perspective plus points.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   NTOK   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
GLOBAL DECENTRALIZED ECOSYSTEM FOR CONTINUING EDUCATION (https://ntok.io)
Julifernendez

Activity: 87

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 05:59:16 PM

More than bitcoin price rise is the spike in bitcoin use, before the default fee was 0.0001 and it was enough, but right now the fee for getting include in 3-4 blocks is averagely around 0.0005 which is around x5, let alone with the x6 increase in price, collectively we are paying a huge fee compared to before...
Nitnit13

Activity: 126

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 06:06:39 PM

Transaction fees of bitcoin is reasonable compared to other payment gateways. It is one of the wonderful features from Bitcoin. Why still people are thinking like transaction fees are fair or not. Based on the amount, the transaction fees are varies, it's truth.
quovadiz

Activity: 253
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 06:13:35 PM

for now it is not fair because in many exchanger the transaction fee are too high and so expensive even the conversion fee are too expensive, thats why many of the users find a low transaction fee exchanger.
A year back, transaction fee was very reasonable, we were able to use bitcoin even for buying a small item, but now it has become difficult to buy cheap items using bitcoin, because some time we have to pay more transaction fee than the actual price of item, i think that it should be revised and bring to a fear value.
BillyTalent

Activity: 294

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 06:16:16 PM

You explained a little confusing. But still, if I correctly understood your scheme is not configured for people who are just beginning to trade. These people usually do not have much money and it will be difficult for them to pay a large commission
Collinberg

Activity: 407
Merit: 14

Collectrix-Bridgin the physical and Virtual worlds

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2018, 07:47:26 PM

This is definitely a problem I personally encountered when bitcoin price was high,there was a time I spent $25 just to send $200 worth of bitcoin to a friend,but with the reduced price of bitcoin now,we no more encounter such issues anymore.

ondabeat

Activity: 104

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 08:06:19 AM

one of the promises of bitcoin is low cost, but now we have to pay the cost and cost per byte not even adjusted to market price, what we need to do is arrange and approve the dollar value of cost, not the value of satoshi / bitcoin.
signup01

Activity: 602
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 08:37:18 AM

Everyone wanted higher bitcoin price and we achieved this but another problem become transaction fees. When bitcoin's price was low, we had to pay also low fee and now when it rised, we have to pay high fee in bitcoins and plus that high fee is more higher with current price. Is this fair? The higher the price, the more money miners have with bitcoin exchange.
To my mind when price becomes high, we have to pay low fee and when it becomes low, than fee has to be high. To my mind it had to be done like this from the begining.
it is not fair to return again with the capital that we have if we do the mining of course also have and requires a large cost and capital that I think
portgas313

Activity: 392
Merit: 102

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 08:47:03 AM

For me, anything that charges about 2% for every transaction would be fair, especially if it confirms in real time. Now if bitcoin transactions can be made faster without increasing the fees too much then it is like fairy tale come true. But there are those who are benefitting from these high fees and they are not going to let go of such earning opportunity that easily.
tikaka

Activity: 336

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 09:02:54 AM

I agree, the fee for bitcoin deal is not fair. why, we have to pay a higher fee for payment when the bitcoin price increases. This is really unfair for bitcoin users and investors. Due to high fees, we usually limit the use of bitcoin to small payments because of the high cost. I hope in the future there will be changes  the fees of bitcoin.

UCHCHILD

Activity: 490

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 09:05:02 AM

obviouslly bitcoin transaction fees is fair because bitcoin gives us too much so we also have some responsibility so thats why this fees is totally fair

The fee has not increased, its only the value has increased. The amount of tx required for bitcoin transactions is same as before but since bitcoin value has increased a lot, if we convert that small tx value in USD, it comes out to be quite high and is not suitable for transactions having small amount.
Rollkal

Activity: 210

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 09:09:48 AM

We are a trader so I do not care if the price is fair or not. I only care about high or low Bitcoin prices. Sell enough to make a profit. In my opinion you should analyze the market price should not be compared to the calculation in the Crypto market.
jhache

Activity: 518

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 09:28:05 AM

Few months ago it wasn't fair at all but currently I think the Bitcoin transaction fees is fair enough, for few cents I'm able to transfer my coins. And with lightning network and segwit launched its only going to decrease with the increase in their usage. You wont have to face the same high fees condition again once segwit is adopted by everyone.

heureca

Activity: 658

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 09:46:09 AM

I think that BTC transaction fees should be enough to provide profit for miners. Nobody will work and spend resources without payments for his job. So current transaction fee is adequate and correlate with miners costs.

██                                                     
██████                                                    
██████████                ████              ████          
█████████████          ██████████        ██████████       
█████  █████████    ███████████████   ████████████████    
█████     ████████████████   ████  ██████████  ██████████ 
█████        ██████████          █████████        █████████
█████         ██████             ██████              ████ 
█████         █████              ████                     
█████         ███████            ██████              ████ 
█████        ███████████         █████████        █████████
█████     █████████████████  ████   █████████  ██████████ 
█████  █████████    ███████████████   ████████████████    
█████████████          █████████         ██████████       
██████████                ████              ████          
  ████                                                    
/Distributed
Credit Chain
//
Empower Credit, Enable Finance
GithubFacebookMedium ‹‹‹dcc.finance››› RedditTwitterTelegram
Pages: « 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 [68] 69 70 »
  Print  

Jump to: