Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 02:36:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BAIKAL - 5 STAR PRODUCT 1 STAR SERVICE - BAD BUSINESS PRACTISE  (Read 17070 times)
pikachuy

Activity: 544
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 01, 2017, 07:53:30 AM

Seems baikal is offloading their inventory to middlemen, noticing a bunch of preorder offers with higher prices on china eCommerce site

they are dumb as fuck, I offered to pay more so we could secure a deal and they just ignored me

Quick question bittawm, what nationality are you? I got a feeling not Chinese, or else, you would of secured a deal easily. Not to sound racist, but it's like when every time I go eat Dim Sum, they usually cater to the ones that speaks Chinese... lol. (Don't worry, I'm Asian... lol)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
ed20

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 01, 2017, 08:23:12 AM

Hi, I also want buy a Baikal miner Quad-CUBE "Hash Rate:1200MH/s(±10%)" in a group.

My experiences with baikal were also not the best in the past!
In january I wants buy 10 baikal mini, but I don't get response my e-Mails, so I think that they don't want my BTCs.

So I hope to get my order faster and better by a group-buy here in the bitcointalk commuinity.

@bittawm: can you please create a list of all people here, who wants buy and which amount?

I see that baikal products are available on alibaba, so maybe order it there?:
http://www.alibaba.com/trade/search?fsb=y&IndexArea=product_en&CatId=&SearchText=baikal

Best regards to all!
ed
bittawm (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1894
Merit: 1087

View Profile
May 01, 2017, 09:46:16 AM

Hi, I also want buy a Baikal miner Quad-CUBE "Hash Rate:1200MH/s(±10%)" in a group.

My experiences with baikal were also not the best in the past!
In january I wants buy 10 baikal mini, but I don't get response my e-Mails, so I think that they don't want my BTCs.

So I hope to get my order faster and better by a group-buy here in the bitcointalk commuinity.

@bittawm: can you please create a list of all people here, who wants buy and which amount?

I see that baikal products are available on alibaba, so maybe order it there?:
http://www.alibaba.com/trade/search?fsb=y&IndexArea=product_en&CatId=&SearchText=baikal

Best regards to all!
ed

Not interested going through alibaba/aliexpress

@bittawm is my real telegram
@bittawm is my real twitter
beware of impersonators
drsub

Activity: 332
Merit: 251

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2017, 06:37:46 PM

This last move by Baikal is totally strange.
1st they never did a pre-order for ANY of their products, second the way of ordering thru e-mail was also never used before.
I think they just wanted to dump all these machines now before the new ibelink comes to the playground, because after the new ibelink their machines won't be worth what they are charging for them today.

Has anyone got a shippment date for the Quads? I think they dump all this pre-order ot make sure they get sold before ibelink, that's my 2c.
I think they don't even have them ready.
usao
Legendary

Activity: 1109
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 01, 2017, 06:56:53 PM

Are you talking about this? 10GH/s @ 760W?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4PJTFU4YRw&feature=youtu.be
drsub

Activity: 332
Merit: 251

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2017, 07:51:56 PM

Are you talking about this? 10GH/s @ 760W?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4PJTFU4YRw&feature=youtu.be

Yep!
usao
Legendary

View Profile
May 01, 2017, 07:54:46 PM

All sold out...
jwarren81

Activity: 211
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 01, 2017, 09:17:29 PM

I've made three separate orders from baikal through their Skype account over the last six months and have had no issues with them.  When they had inventory to sell, they were prompt and shipped within 24 hours.  When they were out of stock, they stated as such.

They make a stellar product that is in extreme demand, and as expected are probably sold out again.  They probably had offers from plenty of people wanting their entire inventory, people with a lot deeper pockets than most of us.  The fact that they shipped to even a few in the community here is nice to see.  They didn't have to really.  I can understand people being frustrated when they sell out, but there really is nothing that can be done, so why spend energy on it?  They could continue to sell out their inventories without anyone here buying a single one, so why should they care?  In fact, they probably do care, but really, who has time to coddle a bunch of people when they have money to make?

Starkz

Activity: 91
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 02, 2017, 01:35:18 AM

I've made three separate orders from baikal through their Skype account over the last six months and have had no issues with them.  When they had inventory to sell, they were prompt and shipped within 24 hours.  When they were out of stock, they stated as such.

They make a stellar product that is in extreme demand, and as expected are probably sold out again.  They probably had offers from plenty of people wanting their entire inventory, people with a lot deeper pockets than most of us.  The fact that they shipped to even a few in the community here is nice to see.  They didn't have to really.  I can understand people being frustrated when they sell out, but there really is nothing that can be done, so why spend energy on it?  They could continue to sell out their inventories without anyone here buying a single one, so why should they care?  In fact, they probably do care, but really, who has time to coddle a bunch of people when they have money to make?

Why would they care? Because one day they will not be the king of the block, competitors will rise. Just because they sell out does not mean they should not work on their customer service or business communication.

VoskCoin

Activity: 1414
Merit: 487

YouTube.com/VoskCoin

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2017, 01:57:30 AM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1897027.0;topicseen

It looks like they will be out of business soon, and quite honestly I'm looking forward to it what a nightmare it was trying for weeks to order with them, to no avail.

Check out my Crypto YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/VoskCoin
If you enjoy my content click Subscribe
jwarren81

View Profile
May 02, 2017, 03:04:17 AM

That post has nothing to do with Baikal so I'm not sure what you are referring to.

It looks like they will be out of business soon, and quite honestly I'm looking forward to it what a nightmare it was trying for weeks to order with them, to no avail.
jwarren81

View Profile
May 02, 2017, 03:12:20 AM

I've yet to see any evidence that they have done anything to screw anyone over.  They are out of stock and stated as much.  As far as I know, they have never taken money and not delivered.  When they had stock and received money, they have shipped reliably and quickly.  And they have been more open than they have to be to when asked about inventory and upcoming products.  The only issue I have really seen is with people claiming to be in negotiations with them, and then most people simply buying directly from Baikal instead.  Then the negotiator is upset that they weren't able to get anything.  Show me an instance where Baikal promised an allotment to someone, then failed to deliver on that.  I haven't see it.

Every time I saw a so called group buy posted here, I simply went to Baikal and made the purchase directly without any issue, when the inventory was available.  If a so called group buy is organized by a third party without any contractual agreements with the vendor, then the group buy really didn't exist in the first place and the vendor has no obligation to set anything aside for them.  Especially when they have enough orders to clear inventory without it.

Seems like a lot of smoke and no actual fire.

Why would they care? Because one day they will not be the king of the block, competitors will rise. Just because they sell out does not mean they should not work on their customer service or business communication.
Ally_Rob

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 02, 2017, 03:16:58 AM

Lets be honest here.
 Its a nightmare not able to place an order? seriously?
  a nightmare, to the point of them needing to go out of business?
Yes, Like you ive been trying for week to get information/miners. Yes we,i,you are missing out.
 But wouldnt consider it a nightmare. jesus.
That aside.

Has anyone had any recent contact, news to report?
VoskCoin

YouTube.com/VoskCoin

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2017, 03:34:10 AM

Lets be honest here.
Yes, Like you ive been trying for week to get information/miners. Yes we,i,you are missing out.
That aside.

I have sent over 20 emails, 40+ skype messages, fumbled through their website, had a fake baikal account try to scam me, been promised units on multiple occasions, given payment addresses and pursued order confirmation and validity only to be told they're unavailable if I even receive a response. I'm not being dramatic, I consider my dealings with them a nightmare.

jwarren81

View Profile
May 02, 2017, 04:33:44 AM

Are you saying you paid them and they didn't send the units?  Did they refund?  This would actually be concerning; unless you never actually paid them, which would then make sense that you never got anything from them.

Lets be honest here.
That aside.

I have sent over 20 emails, 40+ skype messages, fumbled through their website, had a fake baikal account try to scam me, been promised units on multiple occasions, given payment addresses and pursued order confirmation and validity only to be told they're unavailable if I even receive a response. I'm not being dramatic, I consider my dealings with them a nightmare.
VoskCoin

YouTube.com/VoskCoin

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2017, 04:53:32 AM

I never paid them, or the scammer, as I wanted at a minimum email verification from their known email baikal@baikalminer.com. I was waiting on that to send payment of a skype order request

scyth33

Activity: 99
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 02, 2017, 05:00:25 AM

They actually responsed quite quickly.

Code:
Hi,

Thank you very much for your support on baikal.

Sorry to tell you that this batch of cube and quad-cube miners were sold out again, and we have no idea when the next batch will arrive now.

Please wait patiently and we will share you with the news about the new stock as soon as we can.

Best regards,
Baikal
jwarren81

View Profile
May 02, 2017, 05:40:58 AM

Yep, that's exactly what I got about 30 seconds ago via skype.  They did also direct me to e-mail as the way to settle order now, instead of skype as I have done before.  So, we wait for the next batch.

They actually responsed quite quickly.

Code:
Hi,

Thank you very much for your support on baikal.

Sorry to tell you that this batch of cube and quad-cube miners were sold out again, and we have no idea when the next batch will arrive now.

Please wait patiently and we will share you with the news about the new stock as soon as we can.

Best regards,
Baikal
usao
Legendary

View Profile
May 02, 2017, 05:43:37 AM

Still waiting for skype reply to Friday question...
I didnt find out about the deadline untill after i sent wire transfer, but that was after deadline, so is my order still good or if not how do i get my money back?
pikachuy

Activity: 544
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 02, 2017, 05:54:03 AM

Still waiting for skype reply to Friday question...
I didnt find out about the deadline untill after i sent wire transfer, but that was after deadline, so is my order still good or if not how do i get my money back?

Not sure how it works, but if they have 100 units, and all 100 are sold, and you sent payment at 101 units, that 1 unit isn't coming straight out of the air, most likely if they are already all sold out, hopefully they give you a refund. That's the thing about wire transfers, hard to reverse it unless they initiate it.

They did say this previously:

"Now, pre-order of Cube and quad-cube is OVER now. Quotations that unable to pay before 10:00pm April(GMT+8) is VALID, please do not continue the payment if you have't complete the order now yet. Thank you for your kind understanding."
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: