Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 10:08:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BAIKAL - 5 STAR PRODUCT 1 STAR SERVICE - BAD BUSINESS PRACTISE  (Read 17080 times)
usao
Legendary

Activity: 1109
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 02, 2017, 05:59:30 AM

I got the payment address the evening before, but the gmt+8 made the deadline happen in the middle of the night before payment was sent in the AM. So, only a few hours to send payment and the banks were closed till the next day, so payment was late.
wolf_miner
Legendary

Activity: 1018
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 02, 2017, 06:36:39 AM

Hi, so Baikal made pre order system for new batch? sure? Someone that has buy in pre order has received the miner batch two?

Cheers W_M
pikachuy

Activity: 544
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 03, 2017, 12:53:49 AM

So, has anyone that did wire transfer got payment confirmation yet from Baikal?

I did my wire transfer online and provided receipts of the wire and confirmation of the wire that was made on 4-28-2016.

My bank tells me that the wire I did is same day international wire transfer and the transfer status is complete. Since the wire was done with SWIFT code, my bank tells me that they should receive the funds within 1-2 days.

I keep asking Baikal for confirmation/updates, but Baikal keeps saying "We will let you know once we get the payment" or "Please send us your bank slip for our confirmation".

I keep providing the confirmation to them, but it gets nowhere. I know they are receiving my attachments, because they are responding to that email saying, "We will let you know once we get the payment".

The frustration of the process continues...

Also, for people that have experience with international wire transfers, how long does it usually take for the recipient to receive funds into their bank with SWIFT code? I heard it's just usually 1 day?
jackbox
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1024

View Profile
May 03, 2017, 01:34:18 AM

I did my wire transfer online and provided receipts of the wire and confirmation of the wire that was made on 4-28-2016.

My bank tells me that the wire I did is same day international wire transfer and the transfer status is complete. Since the wire was done with SWIFT code, my bank tells me that they should receive the funds within 1-2 days.

I keep asking Baikal for confirmation/updates, but Baikal keeps saying "We will let you know once we get the payment" or "Please send us your bank slip for our confirmation".

I keep providing the confirmation to them, but it gets nowhere. I know they are receiving my attachments, because they are responding to that email saying, "We will let you know once we get the payment".

Also, for people that have experience with international wire transfers, how long does it usually take for the recipient to receive funds into their bank with SWIFT code? I heard it's just usually 1 day?

It depends on whether the bank the wire is going to is a major bank or a smaller banks. SWIFT wires can go through a number of banks (each one taking some money) before it gets to the destination bank. If a larger bank and they have a corresponding account with the sending bank it will usually take one day (sometimes two) for the credit to appear in the recipient's account. Smaller banks (without an account with the sending bank) go through the larger banks to get paid. This can take an extra day or two. At max three days, usually one or two days. Also, remember there are time differences that can affect delivery speed.

Buy a Trezor and Protect your BTC, BCH, BTG, DASH, LTC, DGB, ZEC, ETH and ETC from hackers.
If I was helpful please buy me a coffee BTC: 1DWK7vBaxcTC5Wd2nQwLGEoy8xdFVzGKLK  BTG: AWvN1iBqCUqG2tEh3XoVvRbdcGrAzfBBpW
If I was helpful please buy me a burger DGB: DLASV6CUQpGtGSyaVz5FYuu5YxZ17MoGQz
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
May 03, 2017, 01:36:47 AM

I had one lost for 30 days to knc in 2013. KNC said dollars only. The bank said it would send dollars, but they had a bot that auto converted to local currency if they could make
a couple bucks. Thus the transaction was stuck. Bank said it was sent in $$$ (not knowing about their own bot) KNC said they did not get it (due to their bot stopping it for
not being usd) . Anyway was a complete cluster. Use a commercial bank that is used to doing wire xfers is my advice. Stuff like this happens with a regular bank all the time I hear.
Just for the fact wire transfer 'supposedly' is rare on non commercial regular banks it seems. (or so I was told)

Anyway, something to ask your bank if they converted it to a local currency .and because of such you are a few bucks short in the conversion Smiley

Anyway....something you can ask I guess ..just in case

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
jackbox
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1024

View Profile
May 03, 2017, 01:43:14 AM

I had one lost for 30 days to knc in 2013. KNC said dollars only. The bank said it would send dollars, but they had a bot that auto converted to local currency if they could make
a couple bucks. Thus the transaction was stuck. Bank said it was sent in $$$ (not knowing about their own bot) KNC said they did not get it (due to their bot stopping it for
not being usd) . Anyway was a complete cluster. Use a commercial bank that is used to doing wire xfers is my advice. Stuff like this happens with a regular bank all the time I hear.
Just for the fact wire transfer 'supposedly' is rare on non commercial regular banks it seems. (or so I was told)

Anyway, something to ask your bank if they converted it to a local currency .and because of such you are a few bucks short in the conversion Smiley

That sucks. I get wires in Thailand denominated in US dollars and the Thai bank just converts it to Thai baht at that hour's rate, deducts a fee, and deposits the rest into my account. I did have an issue once with a Chinese company I was doing business with. They told me to send X amount of dollars (over $20,000) and I sent the exact amount. Of course, they received it minus the SWIFT fees (that is normal). They wanted me to send them another $17 to cover the fees. I told them my bank would charge me more than that amount to send the wire (would have cost me over double) so I was not going to do that. Told them you know wires haves receiving fees and if you wanted me to pay it you should have added it to the total you asked me to send. I was persistent. In the end, they gave up and shipped the goods. This was many years ago but doing business with companies in China is often a challenge.

Buy a Trezor and Protect your BTC, BCH, BTG, DASH, LTC, DGB, ZEC, ETH and ETC from hackers.
If I was helpful please buy me a coffee BTC: 1DWK7vBaxcTC5Wd2nQwLGEoy8xdFVzGKLK  BTG: AWvN1iBqCUqG2tEh3XoVvRbdcGrAzfBBpW
If I was helpful please buy me a burger DGB: DLASV6CUQpGtGSyaVz5FYuu5YxZ17MoGQz
pikachuy

View Profile
May 03, 2017, 04:34:34 AM

Thanks for the info, I double checked my online bank, and it says "Funds will be sent in U.S. dollars. If the recipient's account is not in U.S. dollars, the funds will be converted to local currency at an exchange rate applied by the recipient's bank."

Guess i'll keep following up.
maleemk

Activity: 304

View Profile
May 03, 2017, 04:48:22 AM

I've yet to see any evidence that they have done anything to screw anyone over.  They are out of stock and stated as much.  As far as I know, they have never taken money and not delivered.  When they had stock and received money, they have shipped reliably and quickly.  And they have been more open than they have to be to when asked about inventory and upcoming products.  The only issue I have really seen is with people claiming to be in negotiations with them, and then most people simply buying directly from Baikal instead.  Then the negotiator is upset that they weren't able to get anything.  Show me an instance where Baikal promised an allotment to someone, then failed to deliver on that.  I haven't see it.

Every time I saw a so called group buy posted here, I simply went to Baikal and made the purchase directly without any issue, when the inventory was available.  If a so called group buy is organized by a third party without any contractual agreements with the vendor, then the group buy really didn't exist in the first place and the vendor has no obligation to set anything aside for them.  Especially when they have enough orders to clear inventory without it.

Seems like a lot of smoke and no actual fire.

I've made three separate orders from baikal through their Skype account over the last six months and have had no issues with them.  When they had inventory to sell, they were prompt and shipped within 24 hours.  When they were out of stock, they stated as such.

They make a stellar product that is in extreme demand, and as expected are probably sold out again.  They probably had offers from plenty of people wanting their entire inventory, people with a lot deeper pockets than most of us.  The fact that they shipped to even a few in the community here is nice to see.  They didn't have to really.  I can understand people being frustrated when they sell out, but there really is nothing that can be done, so why spend energy on it?  They could continue to sell out their inventories without anyone here buying a single one, so why should they care?  In fact, they probably do care, but really, who has time to coddle a bunch of people when they have money to make?

Why would they care? Because one day they will not be the king of the block, competitors will rise. Just because they sell out does not mean they should not work on their customer service or business communication.
You are 100 percent right. I have seen 2 to 3 group buys and they are mess and too shady.

░░░░░░░░███████████████████████░░░
░░░░░░░░▀██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█▀
░░░░░░░░░▀█▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀█▄░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░█▄░░░░░░░░░░░░█▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░░█▄░░░░░░░░░░▄█
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█▄░░░░░░░░▄█
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█▄░░░░░░▄█
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█▄░░░░▄█
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█▄░░▄█
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀██▀
░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░

bigassboy

Activity: 373
Merit: 254

View Profile
May 03, 2017, 07:44:18 AM

I just got an email reply from Baikal saying they received my fund transfer and will be sending my quad-cubes soon. Grin
pikachuy

View Profile
May 03, 2017, 07:45:04 AM

I just got a reply from Baikal saying they received my fund transfer and will be sending my quad-cubes soon. Grin

When did you initiate the wire transfer?
bigassboy

Activity: 373
Merit: 254

View Profile
May 03, 2017, 07:47:39 AM

I just got a reply from Baikal saying they received my fund transfer and will be sending my quad-cubes soon. Grin

When did you initiate the wire transfer?
I made the transfer on 27th april late in the afternoon.
SplinterZalinsk

Activity: 227
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 04, 2017, 03:36:12 AM

I just got an email reply from Baikal saying they received my fund transfer and will be sending my quad-cubes soon. Grin

Nice. How many quad cubes and how much did you pay?
kodokbuduk

Activity: 294

View Profile
May 04, 2017, 08:47:07 AM

no not yet, they keep asking the payer name. i sent using same day transfer and alredy sent payment wire slip but they said not receving it. If baikal doing funny thing, i will go to singapore and report to the police...
cryptotore

Activity: 324

View Profile
May 04, 2017, 08:55:06 AM

To the guys pretending to be in the crypto-game, but are still sending money in fiat, and complaining about how much time it takes:

Shame on you!
pikachuy

View Profile
May 04, 2017, 09:48:21 AM

Well, after many communication attempts, finally got an email saying they confirm my bank wire and should be shipping out my quad cube next week. Guess this horror story has a happy ending after all.
LachlanS

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 04, 2017, 11:28:19 AM

To the guys pretending to be in the crypto-game, but are still sending money in fiat, and complaining about how much time it takes:

Shame on you!

I was quoted $3200~ USD or 3.09 bitcoins. At the time, $3200USD was closer to 2.6BTC.
I sent it in BTC because I didnt want to trust fucking around with wire transfers. I wanted a clear, quick and transperant blockchain trail showing I paid and when.
I paid a big premium for it though. Can understand why others might not have wanted to choke down that extra 0.5btc cost.
kodokbuduk

View Profile
May 04, 2017, 01:28:05 PM

Well, after many communication attempts, finally got an email saying they confirm my bank wire and should be shipping out my quad cube next week. Guess this horror story has a happy ending after all.

when did you get confirm? just today?
usao
Legendary

Activity: 1109
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 04, 2017, 01:47:44 PM

I was in the unlucky situation where the wire transfer happend on Saturday, a day too-late, after the deadline.
Fortunately for me, I was able to get the bank to cancel the transfer as it had not yet gone through.

I only lost the $60 processing fee. The issue I had was that Baikal didn't tell me about the deadline until after I started the transfer, and at that time it was already too late.
So, im bummed, but will have to wait and try again later.
kodokbuduk

View Profile
May 04, 2017, 02:24:38 PM

i think they use intermediary bank.. take longer to transfer and reach their bank.
pikachuy

View Profile
May 04, 2017, 02:28:14 PM

when did you get confirm? just today?

It took 4 days from my bank to them confirming. Or maybe sooner and they just got time to check it finally, also, got confirmation yesterday.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: