Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 11:39:59 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BAIKAL - 5 STAR PRODUCT 1 STAR SERVICE - BAD BUSINESS PRACTISE  (Read 17080 times)
Tai_Pan

Activity: 359
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 17, 2017, 05:42:15 PM

If I don't get the chance to buy one in the next batch I swear to God I will go to China and hit them in their heads with their Quads......

LOL. You could always buy them at a 200% markup on aliexpress Smiley

Whats funny is that even when buying them at twice their retail value, they pull in about the same ROI as Bitmain Antminers, haha

For that 100% more on aliexpress I rather buy a plane ticket to China and do the hitting plan.Or maybe you are right, I should buy 1-2 Antminers and then go to China and hit the guys from baikal with the Antminers in the head because they are much more heavy than Quads.Good plan....
At least more fun for me.

Tai_Pan

View Profile
May 17, 2017, 07:18:51 PM

If I don't get the chance to buy one in the next batch I swear to God I will go to China and hit them in their heads with their Quads......
I'm going with you, if I don't get mine from next batch Grin
ONLY ONE, I NEED ONLY ONE, not TEN, but ONE.
Give us chance to buy, don't forget about those who hasn't got spare thousands in their bank accounts.

You're welcome to join

TracerX

Activity: 918
Merit: 1002

View Profile
May 17, 2017, 08:30:28 PM

could u tell me how many chips are in the baikal cube, it should be in the net interface

Nine chips.

do you know which chips they are? ...

im curious as to what fpga / asic chips they use ...

any one pulled a miner apart to see? ...

only reason im asking is because of the cooling system - and the heat watt dissipation ... knowing the make and model of the chips can give us all the specs we need ... working on a better cooling system - and require all this info we cant seem to find anywhere ... not even in the reviews ...

#crysx

If they are asics, then you won't find a make and model.  they are custom made.  But if they are by chance FPGA then there will be something out there.  

We don't know anything about them and no one has dissected one yet.

My first theory is that they are fpga.   My second theory is that they are asics that some hardware student designed in grad school in china and was able to get them on a tape out of a research wafer.   When i was in grad school for hardware/circuit design, we were allowed to piggy back on unused wafer space for IBM and TSMC.  It was something that was free for universities. for research only.

I believe the only way they could come back after release and add additional algos is if they are FPGAs.  I'm no EE, but that's the only thing that makes sense.  I was able to take my original X11 only mini and upgrade it to the additional algos they all now ship with.  FPGA.
baskanx

Activity: 686
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 17, 2017, 11:15:54 PM

could u tell me how many chips are in the baikal cube, it should be in the net interface

Nine chips.

do you know which chips they are? ...

im curious as to what fpga / asic chips they use ...

any one pulled a miner apart to see? ...

only reason im asking is because of the cooling system - and the heat watt dissipation ... knowing the make and model of the chips can give us all the specs we need ... working on a better cooling system - and require all this info we cant seem to find anywhere ... not even in the reviews ...

#crysx

If they are asics, then you won't find a make and model.  they are custom made.  But if they are by chance FPGA then there will be something out there.  

We don't know anything about them and no one has dissected one yet.

My first theory is that they are fpga.   My second theory is that they are asics that some hardware student designed in grad school in china and was able to get them on a tape out of a research wafer.   When i was in grad school for hardware/circuit design, we were allowed to piggy back on unused wafer space for IBM and TSMC.  It was something that was free for universities. for research only.

I believe the only way they could come back after release and add additional algos is if they are FPGAs.  I'm no EE, but that's the only thing that makes sense.  I was able to take my original X11 only mini and upgrade it to the additional algos they all now ship with.  FPGA.

Algorithm http://www.baikalminer.com/support04.php

Have you tried this algorithm on different FPGA card
chup

Activity: 736
Merit: 262

Me, Myself & I

View Profile
May 18, 2017, 06:06:04 AM

Algorithm http://www.baikalminer.com/support04.php

Have you tried this algorithm on different FPGA card

This is link for controller (Orange PI) image. Links for device FIRMWARE noted in user manual are not working.

TunerDude007

Activity: 461
Merit: 252

View Profile
May 19, 2017, 10:53:09 PM

Whats funny is that even when buying them at twice their retail value, they pull in about the same ROI as Bitmain Antminers, haha

Well for what it's worth, there is one on ebay selling for 999 bucks....
usao
Legendary

Activity: 1109
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 19, 2017, 11:11:48 PM

Well for what it's worth, there is one on ebay selling for 999 bucks....
That's the 150MHs version. Those were selling for $300 at one point.
wolf_miner
Legendary

Activity: 1018
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 20, 2017, 07:31:37 AM

Hi, are there any news from BAIKAL on the launch of new batch of product or new miners?

ceers W_M
Throne game

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 20, 2017, 09:06:24 AM

Is baikal's facebook profile baikal lee gone or I am unable to see it anymore?
Maybe they just restoring their facebook
Tai_Pan

View Profile
May 20, 2017, 09:13:03 AM

This facebook restoring sure takes a lot of time.
Maybe they plan to leave the game

variousred

Activity: 8

View Profile
May 20, 2017, 05:54:43 PM

I just emailed them to place an order, ill let you know what they tell me. If theres any talk around here still about a group buy sign me up.
Lumining

Activity: 322
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 20, 2017, 06:10:06 PM

Hello guys,
I wrote them a mail to ask when the next batch is coming. Here's their reply:
Hi,

Thank you for your email.

Regards the new stock, please check our website for your information, we will make our announcement there.

Best regards,
Baikal

I guess there are only two chances, either way you wait for the next batch and checkout their website everyday or you buy a miner over eBay for the triple of the original price.

Greetings,
Lumining

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion    Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency    TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️        VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Tai_Pan

View Profile
May 20, 2017, 06:11:32 PM

I just emailed them to place an order, ill let you know what they tell me. If theres any talk around here still about a group buy sign me up.

They will tell you:

out of stock, no idea when the new batch will be available  Wink

That's the standard.

variousred

Activity: 8

View Profile
May 22, 2017, 04:38:21 AM

That is exactly what they said. I asked them if they would be emailing me when they *are* in stock, they said this:
Hi,

We will put you in the email list if your order quantity is more than 5 units of cube quad.

Best regards,
Baikal
VoskCoin

Activity: 1414
Merit: 487

YouTube.com/VoskCoin

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2017, 05:37:42 AM

That is exactly what they said. I asked them if they would be emailing me when they *are* in stock, they said this:
Hi,

We will put you in the email list if your order quantity is more than 5 units of cube quad.

Best regards,
Baikal
I thought they were all about one cube to one person awhile ago? Has anyone heard more on them having miners in stock?

Check out my Crypto YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/VoskCoin
If you enjoy my content click Subscribe
Tai_Pan

View Profile
May 22, 2017, 07:07:28 AM

Hi,

Best regards,
Baikal

Pay very close attention to whom you are talking.
That doesn't sound like Baikal.

JPP1972

Activity: 362
Merit: 252

View Profile
May 22, 2017, 11:41:25 AM

baikal news.... email recived today.......

Hi,

Regards the new stock, please check our website for your information, we will make our announcement there.

And we only accept the US dollar now.

HuhHuhHuhHuhHuh

Is possibile?HuhHuh

Only US Dollars?Huh

bye!
Tai_Pan

View Profile
May 22, 2017, 11:43:56 AM

baikal news.... email recived today.......

Hi,

And we only accept the US dollar now.

HuhHuhHuhHuhHuh

Is possibile?HuhHuh

Only US Dollars?Huh

bye!

That's what they said about the last batch also and they still accepted BTC.
We'll see.

Grumo

Activity: 430
Merit: 22

Professional user

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2017, 12:41:14 PM

some miners has been blocked at the customs because of missing CE mark or some trouble like these
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1892390.msg19137624#msg19137624

bTCBTCbiᴛcoinᗷTCethDOGEzecⅬTCUSDT
SplinterZalinsk

Activity: 227
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 22, 2017, 05:57:24 PM

some miners has been blocked at the customs because of missing CE mark or some trouble like these
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1892390.msg19137624#msg19137624

Has anyone ever had problems like that to receive any miner (Bitmain, Baikal, etc...) from China to United States?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: