Bitcoin Forum
July 03, 2024, 05:17:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 [95] 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 »
  Print  
Author Topic: 💦[RAIN]💦X11💦ONLY DL FROM GITHUB!💦20,000,000 COINS BURNED!💦condensate.co💦  (Read 150268 times)
n3r0d1n

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 01:59:32 PM

I have been supporting this project for the last four months and own about 0.19% of the supply which makes me one of the top 100 hodlers. Thus I feel I have the right to add my opinion.

1: Whitepaper needs to be ready by the end of December, at latest January 2017. I have read it and it looks good already. Just some more work needed.
2: No restart/reboot. There is nothing wrong with the coin, wallet is working, explorer is working. Restart could create some short-term attention, but in the long run might kill the project completely.
3: The IoT devices have to be made. If it costs money, the dev could update the wallet so a fraction of stakes goes towards that costs (I am not a programmer/developer, so have no idea if it can be done). This would reduce the rewards and slow down the inflation.
4: It could be a good idea to reduce the rewards for good (by half). Setting staking rewards to 0 for a year would make people drop Rain and move onto some other coins (which could kill the project). Masternodes aren't needed, but from marketing point of view could be useful.
5: This project doesn't need anon transactions.
6: No need for personal attacks. The dev is still here and what some people posted here is just disrespectful.

If someone wants to add to that, or express disagreement with above, please do (in a constructive way, if possible).

1) The whitepaper is solid from my point of view. Its just looks like a collection of ideas, but the ways how they are going to be achieved is missing? What about signal strength when the sensor is "burried" in the ground? What about beeing waterproof? What is the used sensor setup? What the deal about pH-Value measurement?`Etc.....

2) Agree, doing a fork, coinswap, airdrop is typical when a project is loosing support. I've seen this at 808 coin for example. But even this step was not fulfilled.

3) Will not happen. Building a device like this is a bunch of work an requires full-time working days. Will not happen without funding. There is no actually ongoing funding as far as I know. Austin said this for himself.

4) Of course, but now it's to late. Hyperinflation always kills the value of a coin. This is exactly the value because BTC is very susccessfull (limited amount of coins)

5) Not important anymore

6) Disagree! When a project shows strong indicators for a ponzi-scheme, it's necessary to warn other people about it. And of course when there a loosers, there will be winners. Im pretty sure dev and community will belong to the second group. And responsibility is always personal.
Gallows

Activity: 161
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 01:59:46 PM

I have been supporting this project for the last four months and own about 0.19% of the supply which makes me one of the top 100 hodlers. Thus I feel I have the right to add my opinion.

1: Whitepaper needs to be ready by the end of December, at latest January 2017. I have read it and it looks good already. Just some more work needed.
2: No restart/reboot. There is nothing wrong with the coin, wallet is working, explorer is working. Restart could create some short-term attention, but in the long run might kill the project completely.
3: The IoT devices have to be made. If it costs money, the dev could update the wallet so a fraction of stakes goes towards that costs (I am not a programmer/developer, so have no idea if it can be done). This would reduce the rewards and slow down the inflation.
4: It could be a good idea to reduce the rewards for good (by half). Setting staking rewards to 0 for a year would make people drop Rain and move onto some other coins (which could kill the project). Masternodes aren't needed, but from marketing point of view could be useful.
6: No need for personal attacks. The dev is still here and what some people posted here is just disrespectful.

If someone wants to add to that, or express disagreement with above, please do (in a constructive way, if possible).

I would not object to a fraction of stakes going to coin development, that sounds very fair to me. I'm not sure exactly how much money would be needed for the IOT devices though. Would it be enough? If it makes it possible then by all means, but from the way his post sounded it seemed like it would be far too expensive to continue that particular development...

n3r0d1n

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 02:09:34 PM

I would not object to a fraction of stakes going to coin development, that sounds very fair to me. I'm not sure exactly how much money would be needed for the IOT devices though. Would it be enough? If it makes it possible then by all means, but from the way his post sounded it seemed like it would be far too expensive to continue that particular development...

I would assume the development alone of a working prototype that is able to collect some interesting data and transmit them from isolated locations (appeared to be the main idea) will cost in the range of 20-50k $.
Andrian

Activity: 210
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 02:49:39 PM

My suggestion is to get rid of the IOT device. It is too costly of an idea, and very difficult to implement.
I fully agree with this
It is better and easier to make RAIN second Bitcoin
Gallows

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 02:58:30 PM

My suggestion is to get rid of the IOT device. It is too costly of an idea, and very difficult to implement.
I fully agree with this

Wat? Second bitcoin??
Andrian

Activity: 210
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 03:11:00 PM

I fully agree with this

Wat? Second bitcoin??
Yes, this direction is the most promising
rdivi

Activity: 32

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 03:47:49 PM

Sup guys.

I'm still here, despite what it may seem.  With RAIN having taken a major kick in the ass (for multiple reasons, many of which are due to my own mistakes), I along with a few others have been trying to brainstorm where to go from here.  One suggestion that a few seem to back is a re-start of this coin - completely new chain, possibly new reward mechanism, and most importantly, not losing the premine this time.

There has been more community involvement behind the progess of RAIN, and the last thing I want is loss of support from the community.  The IoT whitepaper is still something we can make happen, but a shoddy start (loss of premine, no starting dev team) and poor management screwed things up big time.

Would love to hear what you all would like to happen now, and apologies in advance for the lack of activity again.

OBAVi

If you re-boot, you lose a lot of history and a Cryptopia listing which is extremely valuable. If anything, modify the current staking reward mechanism and reserve dev fund rewards over time equivalent to the lost pre-mine.
OBAViJEST (OP)

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2017, 04:05:01 PM

I don't think it's a fraud, but just some passive, careless people involved without any sense of responsibility.
I know it could feel the same...  Wink but I just don't think the intentions of the dev are bad, he is just not capable to fulfill the job...

Seriously: Look at this website: https://www.openrefuge.com/what-we-do
No legal information, just a donation button......

Not sure what you're talking about here............this has nothing to do with either project.  What's this post even about?

I'm talking about another project, that is marked as most recently on the linkedin site of Austin Witherow. This page as well like condensate rain does not have any legal information, contact information except social media on it. I know that for crypto currency this is not a rare thing. But when it comes to a social initiative this appears to be strange. I am just making the personal conclusion that this is no real coincidence. Both projects focus a good cause, but when you do your research, you get to the point that there is no real substance behind it. (Instagram 1 post, 30 tweets in one year). So for me this is a strong indication that this fits very good together.

Austin has helped the project out a lot, but I'm not aware of that link, and it has nothing to do with RAIN.  If people are asking for donations to support this project, it is in no way official, nor has it been run by me, and most likely going to the individuals asking...any requests for funding would be made here first.

If you re-boot, you lose a lot of history and a Cryptopia listing which is extremely valuable. If anything, modify the current staking reward mechanism and reserve dev fund rewards over time equivalent to the lost pre-mine.

This sounds like the most logical course of action to take.  Any recommendations on what changes should be made to rewards (considering circulating supply+current price) and/or procure funds for feature integration?

rdivi

Activity: 32

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 04:53:54 PM

This sounds like the most logical course of action to take.  Any recommendations on what changes should be made to rewards (considering circulating supply+current price) and/or procure funds for feature integration?

While the price is low and dropping, I think you'll find people more accepting and generous. Something along the lines of:

1) Increase the max supply cap by 20m to account for the lost pre-mine.
2) Fork to reserve a solid chunk of rewards for dev funding (think 25%) that tapers off over time and not to exceed 20m at the currently proposed end of staking rewards. A compromise that allows immediate development and stabilizes the lost development fund with less reward % but same $$$ as price recovers in the future.
3) A governance system in the road map.
Roniex

Activity: 125
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 05:57:11 PM

Why do we have to reboot at all?  Huh
clarf

Activity: 53

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 06:00:18 PM
Last edit: December 18, 2017, 10:12:06 PM by clarf

Hi,
I like the official site look and feel.   I hope the whitepaper can be published on December, in this way rain could take advantage of recent pump on crypto-currencies market, I also feels some anti inflationary measures should be taken to attract some investment,  as reducing periodically the staking reward also having a larger maturity time for steak reward (instead of hours staking in wallet for some days).

Thank you

psycho-pat

Activity: 36
Merit: 3

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 06:47:11 PM

I would assume the development alone of a working prototype that is able to collect some interesting data and transmit them from isolated locations (appeared to be the main idea) will cost in the range of 20-50k $.

I could do it for much less, based on commodity hardware like the Raspberry pi or other arm-based minicomputers and commodity sensors.
5-10k for development (1-2 months of work), around 150$ hardware costs for the device per unit.
What state is the middleware/condensator in? Could we just use MQTT?

Please keep the IoT idea, this is what makes this project special.
ElmetElmet

Activity: 218
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 07:49:57 PM

Why do we have to reboot at all?  Huh

We don't have and I hope we won't.

This sounds like the most logical course of action to take.  Any recommendations on what changes should be made to rewards (considering circulating supply+current price) and/or procure funds for feature integration?

While the price is low and dropping, I think you'll find people more accepting and generous. Something along the lines of:

1) Increase the max supply cap by 20m to account for the lost pre-mine.
2) Fork to reserve a solid chunk of rewards for dev funding (think 25%) that tapers off over time and not to exceed 20m at the currently proposed end of staking rewards. A compromise that allows immediate development and stabilizes the lost development fund with less reward % but same $$$ as price recovers in the future.
3) A governance system in the road map.

Not sure about 1, fully agree with 2 and 3. Together we could make this unique project better!

I fully agree with this

There are hundreds of coins claiming to be "second Bitcoin" and there is only one RAIN.
n3r0d1n

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 08:22:50 PM

I could do it for much less, based on commodity hardware like the Raspberry pi or other arm-based minicomputers and commodity sensors.
5-10k for development (1-2 months of work), around 150$ hardware costs for the device per unit.
What state is the middleware/condensator in? Could we just use MQTT?

Please keep the IoT idea, this is what makes this project special.

Maybe you can code. But are you aware with chemical analytics? Or communication analytics? It's not enough to take a pi and code some lines...
psycho-pat

Activity: 36
Merit: 3

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 08:58:24 PM

of course a Pi and a data logger is not enough, it would be just a start.
There is a whole infrastructure neccessary for data storage an aquisition.
But a first move with a pi, some sensors and MQTT seems to be a logical step.

Take a look at the wonderful project http://luftdaten.info/ their opensource hardware and software project collects air quality data and the device is cheap and efficient, well documented and the community is awesome. Why not build something like this for water on RAIN?
As a volunteer community effort, instead of spending big bucks on a "professional" solution.
clarf

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 10:13:40 PM

I have a problem in Cryptopia, I cannot withdraw my rain coins.  It says "invalid RAIN address", but I´m using the same indicated by the rain wallet-

What could be the problem?

Thank you
Gallows

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 10:30:32 PM

I have a problem in Cryptopia, I cannot withdraw my rain coins.  It says "invalid RAIN address", but I´m using the same indicated by the rain wallet-

Thank you

Check to make sure that when you copied your address that there are no spaces before or after it in the text box. Extra invisible characters might be causing it to read that way.
vella85

Activity: 1862
Merit: 590

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2017, 10:41:58 PM

Well its good to see the community active in here making suggestions. I'm all for making changes for the better of the coin and community however I also don't want to see a reboot of the coin. I think the coin is good the way it is but I do think lowering the staking reward would help in the long term.

I can promote your project on X to my 100k+ followers for a reasonable price. Just DM me for prices.
clarf

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 12:49:25 AM

Thank you

Check to make sure that when you copied your address that there are no spaces before or after it in the text box. Extra invisible characters might be causing it to read that way.
Thanks for reply. 
Seems a problem with Cryptopia wallet, because there are also problems generating Deposit address.  I already created a ticket with support.

Thank you
Gallows

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 08:03:44 AM

Thank you

Thanks for reply. 
Seems a problem with Cryptopia wallet, because there are also problems generating Deposit address.  I already created a ticket with support.

Thank you

Yeah, I found that out the hard way. Coin Info says no connections... my deposit is stuck in limbo now.. -,-;
Pages: « 1 ... 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 [95] 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 »
  Print  

Jump to: