Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 07:55:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 [94] 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 »
  Print  
Author Topic: 💦[RAIN]💦X11💦ONLY DL FROM GITHUB!💦20,000,000 COINS BURNED!💦condensate.co💦  (Read 150264 times)
studycrypto

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 03:07:31 PM

Dear @OBAViJEST

To ship project to the next level you need 20,000,000 Rain.  There is many ways to do that so underneath is my suggestion.

The 20,000,000 Rain can come from 40 days of staking reward from all wallet.

Make agreement with your community that you will create wallet 2.0 which's hardcode that All staking reward in the period 40 days will go to your development fund wallet (set the specific date from 1 Feb 2018 to xx March 2018)

Then ask community to change wallet for staking and publish as much as possible to other member to change wallet version before 1 Feb 2018.

I think all community member willing to help and agree to donate just 40 days rewards to make the project ship to the next level.

b1t

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 03:14:52 PM

I'd like to give the dev a big kick in the ass. What kind of person tells everyone there's big news coming then leaves....oh, scammers, that's who does that. Don't waste your time on this anymore, even if it pumps a little. He's lost any goodwill he's earned in the past.

+1 This was totally unacceptable. A Scammer detected.
n3r0d1n

Activity: 56

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 03:39:26 PM

Here you got the main person behind the coin. Austin Witherow. LinkedIn: linkedin.com/in/austinwitherow/de He is mainly responsible for the downfall of the currency due his lack of competence, currently working in Hamburg, Germany.
https://i.imgur.com/TDpX9yZ.jpg

prowe

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 05:24:26 PM

I don't think it's a good idea to post someone's picture.

I understand your anger, have been there as well.

Constructive criticism is essential, but no stockade/lynching please...

I would appreciate if you would delete it, better explain with words.

---

I'm missing the pure dedication towards a project referring to the dev, the characteristics of being able to bundle powers.
The lack of communication brought everything down... and not being determined to succeed.
Being away for a few weeks in an essential phase (end of the summer) when RAIN started to dip is far from good leadership.
A thriving cryptocurrency needs a lot of entrepreneurial spirit on board. A bit of technical skills is never enough.

And now suddenly he needs a big wallet to proceed with RAIN? Like if he wasn't able to stake and sell in the good period. I think he did.
With the staking rewards during the good period you were definitely able to save a few BTC, now worth 20k-40k-60k$ minimum.
I think he still posseses a big bunch of RAIN.

I don't believe that your pockets are empty Obavi and putting the whole project on a new chain to create a new premine?
I don't think the funding/lack of premine was the problem, it's the lack of vision and dedication. Gathering the right people around a project is also a skill.

Self-reflect and sometimes admit that you were not there when the project needed you.

Cryptocurrency Safe Trade Coin - Future Freelancer Platform Gronzo
paramind22

Activity: 2646
Merit: 550

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2017, 08:08:36 PM

I am a little tired of projects needing restarts for no real reason.  There is nothing wrong with the wallet, exchanges, name and so on. 

n3r0d1n

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 08:34:49 PM

---

No, picture is public in slack and linkedin anyway. I just saying here besides the picture: Austin is an example of someone how creates attention and cashes in afterwards. He says :"Building a web application and donation service to serve as a thin networking layer between those who want to give to those that need to receive in the dire times of the Refugee Crisis that plagues Europe. " I think he did mean: " Give to me, because I need". Maybe is most recent project he is involved in, "openRefuge" is a scam as well. Using a good cause but scamming the investors. This is nothing but a fraud. I am tired of people that are getting away with this kind of stuff. Surely he will have made money, but did was everything right from a regulative perspective?
n3r0d1n

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 08:35:27 PM

I am a little tired of projects needing restarts for no real reason.  There is nothing wrong with the wallet, exchanges, name and so on. 

Standard ponzi scheme.
Gallows

Activity: 161
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 08:58:09 PM

My suggestion is to get rid of the IOT device. It is too costly of an idea, and very difficult to implement.

I don't know much about code development, but is there a way to cap the total number of coins available? Right now it is infinite, I think. There should be a total coin cap.

Also, Reduce staking rewards by a large amount. Inflation is too high. Too many coins are circulating and they have too low of value. Maybe remove staking all-together for one full year to let the price catch up to the supply and demand. Set staking rewards to 0 for a year.

Continue marketing the coin in the meantime. I think it will pick up some value this way. Too bad there is no coins to burn, otherwise burning a lot of coins could help.

I like rain because of the random rewards system, it is like a rain cloud of coins gets dumped on your wallet. This feature was fun, innovative, and very beneficial to rain. I think inventing new fun and engaging systems like that will help the currency become popular again.

I don't think re-starting a new chain is a good idea. Rehabilitating the current chain and coin is a very good challenging project. I think lots can be learned from it. I hope you choose this path.

Best

I have no idea if any of this is feasible, because I'm not a developer, and I don't understand the limitations of the code/project. So, bare with me. However, it seems (to me anyway) that the original draw/benefits of rain were for it to be a great POS coin, which it can still be, and for it to provide environmental awareness. I think I agree with the above individual that the rain meter project is too costly for it to be implemented, and it should be scrapped. Though from what I understand from the white paper this is an open source initiative, yes? Providing the hardware is very expensive, but is it not possible to just provide the software and share the data through the network? Interested parties could build their own rain meters which would be more cost effective, and they could do it using rain that they have staked! Perhaps rain could partner with a store that could sell a kit of needed parts for people to build their own. A Raspberry Pi is affordable to most people, and not a super difficult DIY. In fact you could probably get some attention for the project by posting a how to on DIY sites like Instructables showing how to build one.

First off, I don't see anything wrong with rain just being a great POS coin. The random stakes are fun and interesting feature. It's why I bought it to start with. I remember hearing some rumors of masternodes. Can those be implemented as a future roadmap target?

Secondly, even though rain meters probably can't be completed that doesn't mean Rain still can't make positive contributions to the world. Perhaps the staking could be split, and a small percentage would go to a charity such as one that provides clean water to people.
psycho-pat

Activity: 36
Merit: 3

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 09:31:19 PM

Hi all,

now as the original dev is back at least answering, I suggest we put a community effort together to bring this project to the next level.
I like RAIN very much despite I got to know it late (end of October 2017).
Being active in the Telegram chat channels I know some ppl. who would like to contribute to the project, and I'd like to, too.

I strongly disagree that a restart should happen. Please also keep the IoT focus, that is a brilliant idea and gives this thing a real purpose/use case.
Most of RAINs remaining value currently lies in its adoption, exchange listings, node and userbase  and so on. It could be a very valueable learning coin for everybody who wants to do some blockchain coding, collect experiences with blockchain tech on a real production network and collaborating on opensource projects where everybody is volunteering. RAIN can also be used to show newcomers how blockchains work. Just give them a preinstalled Raspberry pi with a RAIN wallet, some coins and a nice introduction pdf. Let them hack that Raspberry themselves to be a Rainmeter.

We need a core team who organizes development efforts. We need people to do coding/writing/testing. We need funding.
Funding could be from staking, yes. Let's try to get the funding from volunteers, too instead of forcing that with a fork as suggested by someone in this thread. I guess it is a good deal for RAIN whales to participate if in the long run RAIN survives and florishes.

Please don't blame or hate against people, it's an opensource thing and everybody should be able to contribute now.

Bye,
psycho-pat :-)
prowe

Activity: 336

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 09:42:07 PM

---

No, picture is public in slack and linkedin anyway. I just saying here besides the picture: Austin is an example of someone how creates attention and cashes in afterwards. He says :"Building a web application and donation service to serve as a thin networking layer between those who want to give to those that need to receive in the dire times of the Refugee Crisis that plagues Europe. " I think he did mean: " Give to me, because I need". Maybe is most recent project he is involved in, "openRefuge" is a scam as well. Using a good cause but scamming the investors. This is nothing but a fraud. I am tired of people that are getting away with this kind of stuff. Surely he will have made money, but did was everything right from a regulative perspective?

It's quite hard to judge as we don't know for sure if he got rewarded for his 'contribution' and it's hard to blame one person.

A while ago I offered a signature (for this forum) to him, that would have benefited RAIN, for sure.
The strange thing is that Austin was very negative about something that costed only $150.
If there is no will to invest then sinking is the only other option...

The $150 is just peanuts in world of crypto. Later I offered him to design one for FREE, but no reply. That is how I experience cooperation
within the project RAIN. It's never what you wish to expect and never constructive...

I left Slack and with the other project BOAT (of the dev) in which I had the spirit to keep it going, but the dev brought a lot of insecurity within the community and was never dedicated.

I don't think it's a fraud, but just some passive, careless people involved without any sense of responsibility.
I know it could feel the same...  Wink but I just don't think the intentions of the dev are bad, he is just not capable to fulfill the job...

Cryptocurrency Safe Trade Coin - Future Freelancer Platform Gronzo
mixfab

Activity: 2

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 10:07:48 PM

The dev just throwed the white paper it's good news, work is being made. Why are those guyz throwing fudge and pictures?
n3r0d1n

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 10:36:38 PM

---

It's quite hard to judge as we don't know for sure if he got rewarded for his 'contribution' and it's hard to blame one person.

A while ago I offered a signature (for this forum) to him, that would have benefited RAIN, for sure.
The strange thing is that Austin was very negative about something that costed only $150.
If there is no will to invest then sinking is the only other option...

The $150 is just peanuts in world of crypto. Later I offered him to design one for FREE, but no reply. That is how I experience cooperation
within the project RAIN. It's never what you wish to expect and never constructive...

I left Slack and with the other project BOAT (of the dev) in which I had the spirit to keep it going, but the dev brought a lot of insecurity within the community and was never dedicated.

I don't think it's a fraud, but just some passive, careless people involved without any sense of responsibility.
I know it could feel the same...  Wink but I just don't think the intentions of the dev are bad, he is just not capable to fulfill the job...

I think it's scam. He will have made good money.
n3r0d1n

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 10:40:57 PM

Seriously: Look at this website: https://www.openrefuge.com/what-we-do
No legal information, just a donation button......
OBAViJEST (OP)

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2017, 11:17:56 PM
Last edit: December 17, 2017, 11:29:40 PM by OBAViJEST

As painful as it is to say, you hit the nail on the head with this one.  I've always worked solo, accepting the help of others as it was offered (and eternally grateful to those who helped).

Similar situation here - until a few months after releasing the project, more and more people started wanting more, and later down the line a few others offered to lend a hand and be a part of an official 'team'.  Despite the few who stepped up we still lack members capable of fulfilling key roles that would benefit any coin project - mainly, developers/programmers.  I had a hard enough time as it was creating BOAT/RAIN while juggling with real life; even harder once popularity increased.  This is most certainly not a fraud, but rather the result of a lack of foresight.  A hard responsibility for one person to fulfill alone, when there are key aspects of the project better handled by more skilled individuals...those positions should've been filled long ago; then again it's hard to hand over everything to someone who could potentially compromise the entire project (this is the wild west, after all).

I still want this project to succeed, but due to my failures in the first stages of launch & lack of team-building, I'm laying it all out, honestly, to humbly ask where we should go from here.  I've been desperate enough to offer creating coins for funding to get these IoT devices funded.....not much luck though, all responses being 'revive this dead coin' or 'build upon a completely different protocol than advertised'.

Regards.

Not sure what you're talking about here............this has nothing to do with either project.  What's this post even about?
vella85

Activity: 1862
Merit: 590

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2017, 11:42:22 PM

This is one of my best staking coins and I would really like to see this project continue however will there be enough support from the community to keep this alive? I know a few big players have already left long ago as not much was being done or no updates on where the project is at. Maybe this needed to come out earlier as we would of had the whole community together. Now I'm not sure what will happen but I hope to see RAIN continue.

I can promote your project on X to my 100k+ followers for a reasonable price. Just DM me for prices.
NickCrypto

Activity: 266
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 08:22:08 AM

Condensate price alert
https://bitscreener.com/coins/condensate/price_alert

asuusa

Activity: 294

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 08:43:48 AM

Well the price is down so it's time to buy for sure. I like this coin the idea is so fun and we'll planned. Good Dev good plan.
ElmetElmet

Activity: 218

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 01:35:03 PM

I have been supporting this project for the last four months and own about 0.19% of the supply which makes me one of the top 100 hodlers. Thus I feel I have the right to add my opinion.

1: Whitepaper needs to be ready by the end of December, at latest January 2017. I have read it and it looks good already. Just some more work needed.
2: No restart/reboot. There is nothing wrong with the coin, wallet is working, explorer is working. Restart could create some short-term attention, but in the long run might kill the project completely.
3: The IoT devices have to be made. If it costs money, the dev could update the wallet so a fraction of stakes goes towards that costs (I am not a programmer/developer, so have no idea if it can be done). This would reduce the rewards and slow down the inflation.
4: It could be a good idea to reduce the rewards for good (by half). Setting staking rewards to 0 for a year would make people drop Rain and move onto some other coins (which could kill the project). Masternodes aren't needed, but from marketing point of view could be useful.
5: This project doesn't need anon transactions.
6: No need for personal attacks. The dev is still here and what some people posted here is just disrespectful.

If someone wants to add to that, or express disagreement with above, please do (in a constructive way, if possible).
n3r0d1n

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 01:35:57 PM

Not sure what you're talking about here............this has nothing to do with either project.  What's this post even about?

I'm talking about another project, that is marked as most recently on the linkedin site of Austin Witherow. This page as well like condensate rain does not have any legal information, contact information except social media on it. I know that for crypto currency this is not a rare thing. But when it comes to a social initiative this appears to be strange. I am just making the personal conclusion that this is no real coincidence. Both projects focus a good cause, but when you do your research, you get to the point that there is no real substance behind it. (Instagram 1 post, 30 tweets in one year). So for me this is a strong indication that this fits very good together.
n3r0d1n

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 01:48:31 PM

Screenshots not showing?

https://i.imgur.com/TCdgGYB.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/1yEoaOO.jpg
Pages: « 1 ... 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 [94] 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 »
  Print  

Jump to: