Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 04:53:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Nobody Can Have Benefit From a Big Pump  (Read 8225 times)
SvenBomvolen

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 15, 2017, 08:59:57 PM

If Bitcoin price pumps from $1300 to $3000 in few hours, nobody would make profit from it, because the exchanges wouldn't allow you to sell your Bitcoins and make the fast profit, it would bring a big loss for exchange sites.

Do you agree with this?

Exchangers will have to accept all sellings, that's their work and no matter what price will be. And I doubt that too many people will jump to sell their coins. Some par yes, but there will be a part of people who will skip such event only cause of they don't follow bitcoin's price nonstop, and of course will be people who will wait for some higher growth and will just take the position of waiting.
One thing happened couple weeks ago when on one exchanger the price for bitcoin fell to 0.6$ per 1 BTC cause of the service's mistake. As I heard not so manypeople could buy bitcoin for such price. I wander to hear if someone really could  Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
pitham1
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 16, 2017, 04:03:23 PM

If Bitcoin price pumps from $1300 to $3000 in few hours, nobody would make profit from it, because the exchanges wouldn't allow you to sell your Bitcoins and make the fast profit, it would bring a big loss for exchange sites.

Do you agree with this?

Exchangers will have to accept all sellings, that's their work and no matter what price will be. And I doubt that too many people will jump to sell their coins. Some par yes, but there will be a part of people who will skip such event only cause of they don't follow bitcoin's price nonstop, and of course will be people who will wait for some higher growth and will just take the position of waiting.
One thing happened couple weeks ago when on one exchanger the price for bitcoin fell to 0.6$ per 1 BTC cause of the service's mistake. As I heard not so manypeople could buy bitcoin for such price. I wander to hear if someone really could  Smiley

Exchanges don't accept buyings or sellings. They just match orders.
Your sell order can remain unfulfilled if there is not matching buy order.

fullypak
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1005

View Profile
May 16, 2017, 05:57:37 PM

Do you agree with this?

I have not absorbed this matter seriously. But according to me, they will accept any price change in the market. Suppose if they not accept this fact and not allow us to buy or sell for the present price then no one will use that site and that site will lose reputation in the market. I am following few local sites in that one site is genuine they will keep on update the price depends on market price.
Sled

Activity: 1680
Merit: 535

Bitcoin- in bullish time

View Profile
May 16, 2017, 06:59:07 PM

Do you agree with this?

Yes that is how the exchangers works, they didn't do buyings or selling because they just act as a place or market where you can put your either sell or buy order and wait for the other people to fulfill your order then you can either get stocks or get profits. Exchangers is just like a bridge that connect two place or people.
classicsucks

Activity: 686
Merit: 504

View Profile
May 16, 2017, 08:11:24 PM

Yes that is how the exchangers works, they didn't do buyings or selling because they just act as a place or market where you can put your either sell or buy order and wait for the other people to fulfill your order then you can either get stocks or get profits. Exchangers is just like a bridge that connect two place or people.

I doubt very much that exchanges don't buy and sell. As far as I know, exchanges are unregulated. They can front-run any trade. They can arbitrage other exchanges. And they can create massive volume using their customers' funds.

Therefore they stand to profit more than anyone, and likely do!
krisnt80

Activity: 729
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 28, 2017, 11:33:53 PM

Exchanges does make money with fees, for every transaction you make they make money, what you saying is there is pump they would frozen their income to steal costumers money? Some exchanges might trade their btc to fiat or just collect and exchange funds enought to cover the costs, besides those there is no connection at all with your statements, who buy and sell any currencie into the exchange are the costumers, soo its your and mine money at risk not exchanges. I had see at poloniex a lot pumps this year and some of them reached 40-80% profit into 24 hours, the only issue that happened were website got slowly due to big numbers of new traders that reached the exchange.
freedomno1
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090

Learning the troll avoidance button :)

View Profile
May 28, 2017, 11:37:57 PM

Do you agree with this?

Exchanges do not care the question is how much load the server can handle, if the price spiked and a lot of users all tried to sell at once it is possible the server would treat it as a DDOS and shut down the users.
In that case the people with active limit orders at high profits will likely be the ones to profit as long as the market engine is still functioning that is.

But for fun the real answer is someone sold and the price went down someone made a profit somewhere ^^.

Believing in Bitcoins and it's ability to change the world
maydna

Activity: 2926
Merit: 556

View Profile
May 28, 2017, 11:57:54 PM

Do you agree with this?

Exchanges do not care the question is how much load the server can handle, if the price spiked and a lot of users all tried to sell at once it is possible the server would treat it as a DDOS and shut down the users.
In that case the people with active limit orders at high profits will likely be the ones to profit as long as the market engine is still functioning that is.

But for fun the real answer is someone sold and the price went down someone made a profit somewhere ^^.

yes its happen with poloniex in several times when the site got overload visitor. its really hard to follow the site if over loaded but i think my solutions is we can place an order sell to anticipate when the price is getting pump like before so we don't have to be late to sell our coins and we can get benefits from the pump itself. i have seen that my solutions is works for me and i can make nice profit because of this and i think i will do it again for another time.
Nahl
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 31, 2017, 06:33:32 AM

during trade for bitcoin i only use local exchange and never use other exchange however i never seen overload visitors in this site even when the price was pumped just like several days ago and i think this is not fair that if exchange doesn't allow users to sell their bitcoin when it was pumped because the pumped are the things that have been eagerly awaited for every traders so for me there is an exchange doesn't allow this i might leave or avoid them
Xester

Activity: 994
Merit: 544

View Profile
May 31, 2017, 12:16:12 PM

during trade for bitcoin i only use local exchange and never use other exchange however i never seen overload visitors in this site even when the price was pumped just like several days ago and i think this is not fair that if exchange doesn't allow users to sell their bitcoin when it was pumped because the pumped are the things that have been eagerly awaited for every traders so for me there is an exchange doesn't allow this i might leave or avoid them

I have made some researched that it was actually happening to some exchanges. The problem is not due to the price increase and that it was orchestrated by the site. Rather, there was an overloading of trading transactions and the system could not catch up anymore which resulted to non-functional buy and sell features. Others have experienced a pending withdrawals due to a large traffic of transactions in mempool.
MMysterious

Activity: 972
Merit: 255

Bear season or just the beginning

View Profile
May 31, 2017, 12:52:41 PM

That would be amazing if bitcoin price surges to $3000 in just an hour, i think allowing bitcoin to sell when it reaches to that price will be profitable for them if they take a fee for every single trade made and they even might will also increase their withdrawal fees.
if it happens i could just store bitcoin in an wallet and let it increase.

I would do the same thing if ever that will happen overnight. If withdrawal fees would increase too then I'd rather store bitcoins as of now and probably withdraw them if I really need to.
Golftech

Activity: 2128
Merit: 520

View Profile
May 31, 2017, 01:02:09 PM

That would be amazing if bitcoin price surges to $3000 in just an hour, i think allowing bitcoin to sell when it reaches to that price will be profitable for them if they take a fee for every single trade made and they even might will also increase their withdrawal fees.

I would do the same thing if ever that will happen overnight. If withdrawal fees would increase too then I'd rather store bitcoins as of now and probably withdraw them if I really need to.
Yeah with how quick the value went thru I personally think the same way if bitcoin can go high up to 5k $ it will be very profitable for both traders and exchange site I'm sure they really needed to think wiser and never do some confusion in order for both ends to be happy and satisfy.
wuvdoll
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1025

View Profile
May 31, 2017, 02:04:03 PM

Yeah with how quick the value went thru I personally think the same way if bitcoin can go high up to 5k $ it will be very profitable for both traders and exchange site I'm sure they really needed to think wiser and never do some confusion in order for both ends to be happy and satisfy.
I guess you people are talking about what happened with poloniex in recent times when most of the crypto currency prices were rising. But I do see it is as a peculiar incident and we cannot expect the same thing each and every time when there will be some heavy pumping will be happening. Literally exchanges will not be having any control over our orders other than matching buying and selling orders.

For an exchange to maintain their reputation they must be having enough bandwidth to handle any number of traffic and sufficient protections against DDOS attacks. Hope now a days all the exchanges are having these and we can expect smooth trading all the times regardless of heavy pump or dump.
Gaaara

Activity: 1106
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 31, 2017, 02:16:27 PM

Do you agree with this?

It works for some exchanges like what we have in our country, they follow every movement of the bitcoin price so we can see that we are getting some profit wile the price is pumping up. Its a wallet that only exchanges PHP (Philippine peso) to btc or reverse, so we can instantly sell our bitcoin if we get some profit from the pump.

MOCKTAIL  -  THE  FIRST  SEMI-FUNGIBLE  TOKEN  ON  BSE 
        WEBSITE        WHITEPAPER        SMART CONTRACT        TWITTER        FACEBOOK        TELEGRAM        ANN

Obito

Activity: 1274
Merit: 293

View Profile
May 31, 2017, 02:29:02 PM

Do you agree with this?
Indeed, I guess the only will benefit is the peolpe who are holding their bitcoin for a long time because they will sure get a high profit. On the other hand the person will be frustrate are traders because as long as bitcoin growing some altcoins will fall that badly. It is tough to trade your altcoins into bitcoin since its price is high.
LuanX3

Activity: 756
Merit: 505

View Profile
May 31, 2017, 02:40:04 PM

Do you agree with this?
Indeed, I guess the only will benefit is the peolpe who are holding their bitcoin for a long time because they will sure get a high profit. On the other hand the person will be frustrate are traders because as long as bitcoin growing some altcoins will fall that badly. It is tough to trade your altcoins into bitcoin since its price is high.

Yes that is true, and those people who are waiting for their coins to go up. If you did not buy at the lower prices then that means you'll likely not get anything from a pump that's a fact we all have to know. If you want some benefits from pumps, you have to predict it, which is hard. Super hard!
equator
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1002

View Profile
May 31, 2017, 02:49:05 PM

Do you agree with this?

I think he is telling about that exchanges will stop the trading when the price is going high in short time. and it is correct that when the price goes sudden high that time this all exchanges will stop the deposit and make the exchange available for only users who have got bitcoin on their exchange wallet. But their are some local exchanges where you can trade for fiat currency on this type of time when the market goes high suddenly you can sell the bitcoin for fiat currency so that if the price goes down that time you can buy back.
alexsamudra

Activity: 212
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 31, 2017, 04:59:33 PM

If the exchange has a reason that prevents selling your coins, if you want her to sell the coins.
A trade that makes money because of its vulnerability and its price is not too important for those who want it.
HaXX0R1337

Activity: 574
Merit: 252

View Profile
May 31, 2017, 06:37:04 PM

What does any exchanges has to do with the users selling the coins when the price increases,if there are buyers then you could sell the coins,in the recent weeks the price of all the alt coins increased almost all of the major exchanges had a problem handling the traffic and most of them were under DDOS ,other than that the exchanges wont prevent us from selling our coins.

▬▬▬▬▬▬

▬▬▬▬▬▬
       ▄▄█████████▄▄
    ▄█████████████████▄
  ▄█████▀▀       ▀▀█████▄
 ▄████▀             ▀████▄
▄████▀    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ▀████▄
█████    █████████    █████
█████    ████████▀    █████
█████     ▄▄▄▄        █████
▀████▄   ██████      ▄████▀
 ▀████   █████▀     ▄████▀
   ▀▀     ▄▄▄    ▄▄█████▀
         █████   █████▀
         ▀███▀    ▀▀
COMPRO
FINANCE
▬▬▬▬▬▬

▬▬▬▬▬▬
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████████████████▀▀█████▄
▄████████████▀▀▀    ██████▄
████████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ████████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
▀████████▌▐       ████████▀
▀████████ ▄██▄  ████████▀
▀█████████████▄███████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
angaper

Activity: 966
Merit: 507

View Profile
May 31, 2017, 07:39:14 PM

Do you agree with this?

yes its happen with poloniex in several times when the site got overload visitor. its really hard to follow the site if over loaded but i think my solutions is we can place an order sell to anticipate when the price is getting pump like before so we don't have to be late to sell our coins and we can get benefits from the pump itself. i have seen that my solutions is works for me and i can make nice profit because of this and i think i will do it again for another time.

It has happened to me many times in Poloniex that when an altcoin suddenly experiences a big pump, it does not allow me to sell or eventually its platform suffers some technical problems to connect and carry out that operation. In these cases it has been difficult for me to take advantage of these massive and unexpected pumps, however I have been able to capitalize these pumps only if the price remains stable at that level for a relatively long period of time, otherwise it is really difficult to catch the best price in an instant transaction.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: