Bitcoin Forum
June 26, 2024, 07:02:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... 145 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What if, we advertise bitcoin on T.V.?  (Read 47967 times)
Mozdalifa17

Activity: 746
Merit: 509

TIME and WAVE COINs TO REMEMBER

View Profile
May 06, 2017, 08:12:32 AM

it is already a huge TV advertisement of bitcoin &ETH in my country but it is not enough unless government institution and official banks start accepting bitcoin as a way of transferring money .
gcckpxm62308

Activity: 120
Merit: 21

View Profile
May 06, 2017, 08:15:17 AM

are you consider the adverting ?and the countries we should choose?
some country maybe banned the BTC exchange
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 3010
Merit: 600

View Profile
May 06, 2017, 08:31:23 AM

It is going to let those people know that there's a crypto currency that has a lot of features. But I don't think we need to advertise bitcoin on national television because it's adoption is very fast and imagine there's no TV ad for it and most of the articles about bitcoin are published throughout the web which is one of the medium for bitcoin's advertisement.
Diced90

Activity: 994
Merit: 515

Get'em boys

View Profile
May 06, 2017, 08:38:23 AM

are you consider the adverting ?and the countries we should choose?
some country maybe banned the BTC exchange
i agree tv advertisement might ban some bitcoin exchangers temporary and we are the people to influence the authorities decision to overturn any poorly made decisions to keep bitcoin alive through demand and daily usage of the digital currency.
hase0278

Activity: 882
Merit: 544

View Profile
May 06, 2017, 08:39:52 AM

Bitcoin actually was advertised in facebook in the cover of coins.ph web wallet. This certain web wallet was being put on advertisements on facebook but I think it can only be seen on some countries. Bitcoin being advertised on Televisions I think for now is not needed unless government will accept it officially like what Japan did. If the government in a certain country would not officially accept bitcoin as a virtual currency, then advertisements on tv is useless.
AK47-

Activity: 644
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 06, 2017, 09:33:47 AM

I was thinking same a day ago and today I saw this question. There is no TV advertisement of bitcoin in my country. Some occasional articles do come on newspaper. But that too is very rare. I think TV advertisement will lead to a boost in the users of bitcoin. It will definitely gonna make it popular as lots of people usually have access to TV.
cabron

Activity: 2870
Merit: 603

https://www.betcoin.ag

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2017, 09:35:08 AM

Bitcoin will survive even if its not advertised on TV. Its always an alternative currency for people and just like Linux system, it shakens Microsoft and Mac.
Bitcoin advertised on tV will shaken the country's balls because its a threat to their currency itself.

Japan just have the balls to do it. Thumbs up their government as they are not corrupt.

KennyR

Activity: 2310
Merit: 532

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile
May 06, 2017, 09:56:59 AM

The promotion through Television might create a negative impact on the growth of bitcoin. It's good to promote once we have made perfect solution to handle large volume of transactions without getting stuck to the network. The reason is that when promoting is done, surely we can expect a big number of users into the network which might cause a downfall because of transaction delay and minor issues associated with it.

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
Bunsomjelican

Activity: 812
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 06, 2017, 10:18:12 AM

I don't think the main problem is the peoples unawareness anymore, people already have heard about it a lot but they just don't have perfect or sufficient knowledge about the system itself. that means they are the core mine users , they have a high potential and might be possible there skills and experience about something can help us even more on the development. I think yes tv advertisement should be there at least I can show my parents that I was not lying. And such things do really exist

In addition to that things, many of the people they heard the name or world of bitcoin  even others explain it to them, still they are closed minded unto it, because they don't want to know because not interested in technology maybe for them its a kind of boring something but they wrong of course, so TV could be a big help for sure once they see bitcoin on the television there is a possibilities that they will become curious about it.
Lorik

Activity: 233

View Profile
May 06, 2017, 10:18:22 AM

The promotion through Television might create a negative impact on the growth of bitcoin. It's good to promote once we have made perfect solution to handle large volume of transactions without getting stuck to the network. The reason is that when promoting is done, surely we can expect a big number of users into the network which might cause a downfall because of transaction delay and minor issues associated with it.

Undoubtedly, the increase in active users and without advertising on television will slow down the speed of transactions, because the system has not yet been improved for this level of workload.
Slark
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1004

View Profile
May 06, 2017, 10:35:34 AM

I understand that you want to promote only finished product, but Bitcoin will never be perfect or finished. It's constantly being developed.

We won't have Bitcoin commercials airing on TV but if we had. How exactly it would create negative impact?
Bitcoin commercials would be created exactly to bring more users to BTC.
If anything, I see it that way, more BTC users will induce higher motivation to upgrade network, not the other way around.

Faiyz

Activity: 392

Dijual

View Profile
May 06, 2017, 10:39:37 AM

I think it will entice more business man the just local persons. There maybe some others who would want to try but if u are not really an internet person and u'd rather have physical interaction then its not really aluring. It's better to advertise in internet than in media men or have it advertised in a news form.
Hypnosis00

Activity: 2394
Merit: 342

View Profile
May 06, 2017, 01:08:08 PM

This kind of move for bitcoin will be one of the great help for bitcoin, it will get a lot of attention from the viewers and viewers will get attracted to bitcoin because if the news almost discuss about the price then it is automatic that 90% of the viewers will get into bitcoin and a lot of people will get interested in bitcoin from around the world.
Arpetuos

Activity: 212
Merit: 110

View Profile
May 06, 2017, 02:40:28 PM

Hi,

Let's make a coin to promote cryptocurrencies, a coin with some transaction fees going to an advertising pool, or something like that.

It still is difficult to promote something consensus-driven.

If you have ideas, I would be interested.

Best regards,

Arpetuos
Wandering Soul~

Activity: 406

Wolf

View Profile
May 06, 2017, 05:29:00 PM

it is already a huge TV advertisement of bitcoin &ETH in my country but it is not enough unless government institution and official banks start accepting bitcoin as a way of transferring money .
Huge as in it has a huge budget to the point that it stays airing for a long time or get repeated many times a day?
Whatever it is the audience reaction will greatly depends in the content of the said ad . I think it will be better to create one that has a purpose to inform not to advertise a related product/service . Either way a TV ad is maybe jot necessary for now but it can be truly helpful to spread awareness .

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion

▄▄▄▄▄          ▄▄██████▄
 ▄█▀▀▀▀▀█▄      ▄███▀▀   ▀██
 ▀       ▀     ██▀
    ▄███▄          ▄█████▄
   ███████ █      █████████
           █
          █     █▄            ▄█
█▄       █      ▀██▄▄      ▄▄██▀
 ███▄▄▄▀▀█▄▄▄███▀ ▀▀██████████
  ██ ██▄ ▀▀▄███▄    ▄▄▄██  ██
   ██ ▀█████▀ ▀██████▀▀▀  ██
    ██                ▄▄  ██
     ██  ▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀▀    ██
      ██    ███
       ██   ███
        ██   ███
Highly Secure
Instant Confirmations
Secure Wallet
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
cpfreeplz
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1042

View Profile
May 06, 2017, 05:48:31 PM

What country is that? I've only ever heard of bitcoins on news or on TV shows when a hacker/kidnapper wants a ransom hahaha. I heard that ethereum was mentioned on... Some show recently. I guess they prefer shitcoins with infinite supply.
Theb

Activity: 1680
Merit: 655

View Profile
May 06, 2017, 07:31:39 PM

I think it will entice more business man the just local persons. There maybe some others who would want to try but if u are not really an internet person and u'd rather have physical interaction then its not really aluring. It's better to advertise in internet than in media men or have it advertised in a news form.
I don't think the point of a T.V. commercial is to entice Businessmen but their customer. Also Its highly unlikely at this time that they never heard of Bitcoin. Businessmen are opportunist if they see that Bitcoin is now becoming a big currency they will surely adapt Bitcoin as a mode of payment.

..bustadice..         ▄▄████████████▄▄
     ▄▄████████▀▀▀▀████████▄▄
   ▄███████████    ███████████▄
  █████    ████▄▄▄▄████    █████
 ██████    ████████▀▀██    ██████
██████████████████   █████████████
█████████████████▌  ▐█████████████
███    ██████████   ███████    ███
███    ████████▀   ▐███████    ███
██████████████      ██████████████
██████████████      ██████████████
 ██████████████▄▄▄▄██████████████
  ▀████████████████████████████▀
                     ▄▄███████▄▄
                  ▄███████████████▄
   ███████████  ▄████▀▀       ▀▀████▄
               ████▀      ██     ▀████
 ███████████  ████        ██       ████
             ████         ██        ████
███████████  ████     ▄▄▄▄██        ████
             ████     ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ████
 ███████████  ████                 ████
               ████▄             ▄████
   ███████████  ▀████▄▄       ▄▄████▀
                  ▀███████████████▀
                     ▀▀███████▀▀
           ▄██▄
           ████
            ██
            ▀▀
 ▄██████████████████████▄
██████▀▀██████████▀▀██████
█████    ████████    █████
█████▄  ▄████████▄  ▄█████
██████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
       ████████████
......Play......
LTU_btc
Legendary

Activity: 3094
Merit: 1341

Slava Ukraini!

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2017, 08:38:37 PM

Advertise bitcoin as a currency? Who would fund these advertisements? Do you imagine how much advertisements cost on mainstream TV on primetime? Also, it's really hard to create effective TV advertisement for bitcoin. Let's say, average advertisement is 15-20 seconds length. I think it's not enough time to explain why people have to use bitcoins.
In my country I ever saw direct bitcoin advertising on TV, but on News programs saw some reports about local bitcoin companies and startups which was in-direct advertising.

in internet in some websites,some ICo made some advertisements,there were time wile browsing for some research ,there were some pop outs of bitcoin projects and ICO's those tech savvy and into earning may get interested.
But advertising on websites and TV is very different. On internet, they need to create only good looking banners, it's easy to choose targeted audience and etc. On TV they need good graphical and audio content which would attract people.
But here we talk not about advertisements of certain services, but more about atracting people to bitcoin via TV advertisements.

whizter

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 06, 2017, 11:10:08 PM

We're past the stage of seeking publicity this way. Bitcoin gets tons of mainstream media coverage on regular basis, see press board.

Also, with the current state of affairs, Bitcoin is hard to present in a way appealing to the masses. It's slow, expensive, not-so-much-anonymous and decentralisation is constantly being questioned. The only attractive side, from the average Joe's point of view, is probably price going up, giving opportunity for easy gains.
i think if a person is going to represent bitcoin he need to represent it in a good way, for this he also need a lot of good information about bitcoin and only then he can introduce bitcoin to a person in a better way.

███████████████████▄▄▄
        ████████████████████████▄▄
           ████████████████████████▄
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████▄
    ███████████████       ▀▀███████████
        ███████               ██████████
        ███████                ██████████
████████   ████████             █████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄████████             █████████
        ███████████             █████████
    ████   ████████            ██████████
    ████   ████████           ██████████
        ███    ████       ▄▄███████████
    ▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄██████████████████████▀
    ███████████████████████████████▀
████    ████████████████████████▀▀
████    ███████████████████▀▀▀
DIMCOIN   
❱❱❱  facebook  ❱❱❱  twitter  ❱❱❱  Telegram  ❱❱❱
.The Future of Equity on The Blockchain.
andrei56

Activity: 840
Merit: 254

View Profile
May 07, 2017, 01:20:48 AM

I've just thought about this for a moment but, if we want bitcoin to get more popularity, attention or acceptance would it be nice to make some advertisement about it on T.V.? I don't know if in other countries they advertise bitcoin but in my country, I haven't seen one. How do you think advertising bitcoin will affect the people? Any thoughts?
And who is going to pay for that? Paying for ads is extremely expensive, I think we are better doing what we have done to now, we spread the word on the internet and social media and anyone that is willing to listen can take advantage of the opportunity bitcoin bring to us.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... 145 »
  Print  

Jump to: