Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 09:09:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Ethereum a threat to BTC???  (Read 14288 times)
dipok07

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2017, 06:19:57 PM

Btc first proceeded a little bit. Now 4300 +. But, how Eth can grow to btc one day. Now 350+ dollars.really   Ethereum is a threat to Bitcon.

CRYPTAL DASH ❍ ❍ ❍ Exchange is LIVE, we're giving away4,7m$ in   trading credits
███████ Twitter   |   Facebook   |   Blog   |   Website   |   Whitepaper  ████████
███████   Telegram   |   Bounty Telegram   |   ANN Thread   |   Bounty Thread   ███████
krankNL

Activity: 225

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 06:27:18 PM

Ethereum can not be a threat to bitcoin. I believe that in the virtual world of crypto currency, they even complement each other. There are already a few different ways of using them. They practically do not conflict with each other.

I agree with you, ethereum and bitcoin are not the enemies of each other. They feed each other with their unique specifications. Bitcoin is more likely to be used as the fiat currency of altcoin trade, while ethereum has more technical usage.
angaper

Activity: 966
Merit: 507

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 06:36:17 PM

Ethereum is already three years old and I think if it was destined to displace the bitcoin from its hegemonic place, that should have happened already, otherwise I do not think that in the future this can happen.

While it is true that in these three years of life Ethereum has had considerable growth, bitcoin has remained dynamic and its level of acceptance has increased day by day, which has not been possible with ethereum that seems still far from the level of popularity and usability that bitcoin enjoys today.

So I do not see it as a threat, but I think that Ethereum has definitively displaced Litecoin as the "silver" of the altcoins, in relation to the "gold" that will always be bitcoin.
cexylikepie

Activity: 779
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 07:22:17 PM

Ethereum can not be a threat to bitcoin. I believe that in the virtual world of crypto currency, they even complement each other. There are already a few different ways of using them. They practically do not conflict with each other.

I agree with you, ethereum and bitcoin are not the enemies of each other. They feed each other with their unique specifications. Bitcoin is more likely to be used as the fiat currency of altcoin trade, while ethereum has more technical usage.
Depends the cycle growth of Bitcoin and Ethereum, most reason make Ethereum can pass Bitcoin in short time is it have good news or big update and make the price + volume of it increase fast.
Zeusen27

Activity: 140

MODERN FINANCE CHAIN

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2017, 08:49:42 PM

I do not know about that. Which is for now eth can not compete with btc, it could be eth rhythm btc if btc enthusiasts decreased, but for this price of eth
Well below the btc price.
ETH, like other altcoins, aims to do things that BTC can not do. He proposes to use smart contracts to handle electronic transactions in the better ethereum blockchain. It also has an EVM (Ethereum Virtual Machine) that gives the ability to understand and process the program natively in its blockchain. So, not a question if ETH is better or worse than BTC. Both can not be equated. But has varying values.

equator
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 08:54:12 PM

I do not know about that. Which is for now eth can not compete with btc, it could be eth rhythm btc if btc enthusiasts decreased, but for this price of eth
ETH, like other altcoins, aims to do things that BTC can not do. He proposes to use smart contracts to handle electronic transactions in the better ethereum blockchain. It also has an EVM (Ethereum Virtual Machine) that gives the ability to understand and process the program natively in its blockchain. So, not a question if ETH is better or worse than BTC. Both can not be equated. But has varying values.

What you said is the perfect clarification of both BTC and ETH coins fundamentals , but even then BTC will be superior and ETH can never take its place as BTC is not controlled by any developer and ETH is solely controlled by the developer and every one knows that if he dont do more progress in the coin it will die.
Kinetic

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 09:51:31 PM

For sure, ETH brings in many things at the platform and contract level that helps to streamline various business processes, it compliments bitcoin really.
Gennosuke

Activity: 17

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 09:58:37 PM

The biggest threat for Bitcoin is Bitcoin self. I personally know nobody that buy stuff with Bitcoins.
elcoblast

Activity: 390

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 10:08:45 PM

I heard that the ethereum is much better than the BTC that in fact is the same as BTC but improved and that is the reason why it is rising a lot of price.

Is the Ethereum really better than the BTC? Do you believe that the Ethereum will reach the prices of BTC and even more that will surpasses  the price of BTC, or that even will replace BTC?

What are your thoughts and predictions for Ethereum ??

Regards
no btc still a basic foundation in a cryptocurrency world, i don't think ETH price more than btc.

CDEX-CROSS-CHAIN DECENTRALIZED EXCHANGE PLATFORM
NikS13

Activity: 383
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 10:12:40 PM

I heard that the ethereum is much better than the BTC that in fact is the same as BTC but improved and that is the reason why it is rising a lot of price.

Is the Ethereum really better than the BTC? Do you believe that the Ethereum will reach the prices of BTC and even more that will surpasses  the price of BTC, or that even will replace BTC?

Regards
No, bitcoin will stay as the biggest crypto currency for a long long time
And waves will beat Ethereum
MiF

Activity: 1372
Merit: 258

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 10:18:08 PM

What you said is the perfect clarification of both BTC and ETH coins fundamentals , but even then BTC will be superior and ETH can never take its place as BTC is not controlled by any developer and ETH is solely controlled by the developer and every one knows that if he dont do more progress in the coin it will die.

Yeah that's a clear point of view with the subject here mate, and I think it would never take place as btc does right now and the actual situation of the demand popularized nowadays. Regarding that progress of bitcoin comparing to eth I must believe that eth will still be an altcoin of btc served as a trading medium of btc and no threat will be feared of, because everything has come to profit gains nowadays. Nothing to worry folks everything was stable as of now and bitcoin has to go more challenging years of the entire blockchain network.

.SWG.io.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
CONFIRMED

yuettse

Activity: 18

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 11:58:37 PM

Ethereum is better. But BTC is unbeatable because it is tooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo popular.
minobia

Activity: 43

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 01:09:15 AM

I think not, because it's a niche. A public support for crypto will be in favour of Bitcoin. Bitcoin has a greater acceptance, due to the public discussion and publications. Only insiders are considering Ethereum, new entrants will choose Bitcoin. New entrants will let the Bitcoin grow.

I can not really agree with the acceptance as you mention Ethereum and it is not a niche!!, Ethereum is actuality very similar to Bitcoin except it is more diversified in terms of  on what and how it can do very different things!  BTC and ETH are pretty much at the same level in terms of use, ETH is accessible to anyone and its is easy to create a coin compared to Bitcoin or any other altcoins.

minobia

Activity: 43

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 01:12:34 AM

The biggest threat for Bitcoin is Bitcoin self. I personally know nobody that buy stuff with Bitcoins.

I do buy a lot of things with BTC as a matter of fact. Most of it i buy physical Gold!! Also many payment gateways are now already introducing BTC payments to their payment gateways, Wordpress plugins, *Stripe*, bitcoin is already more valuable as a payment method than paypal!!
AK47-

Activity: 644

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 01:58:36 AM

ETH is here in cryptocurrency market since 2015. Since then it has came a long way because of its potential uses and utility. It is on completely different path then that of Bitcoin. Bitcoin is here for 8-9 years. It was invented basically to provide and option of a decentralized, anonymous, online, deflationary currency or a completely opposite currency of traditional currency. Indeed Bitcoin has became largely an investment asset today. But Bitcoin being the first mover, has huge acceptability, users and trust. It will grow no matter what. Whereas ETH has smart contract functionality and hence is popular.

They both tend to grow together.
maot4

Activity: 392
Merit: 102

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 02:01:21 AM

I think they actually compliment each other, BTC also satisfy a different to ETH, with BTC bing the most established crypto and probably the most secure I dont think ETH is ever a threat but I expect tgem to exisit side by side
francism

Activity: 444

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 02:54:23 AM

Ethereum has been hacked several times already in the past. There's no way it is better than BTC when it comes to security. Bitcoin has a governance problem that  I think is the only real threat.
White sugar
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1005

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 03:05:47 AM

No, because Ethereum don't do better than BTC with transactions, they mostly have the tokens as advantage, not common usage.

They both have their own and different niche.
erwan

Activity: 406

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 03:19:29 AM

Regards
I also heard that etherium will replace the bticoin position in the future.
This may be due to more eth fiture compared to features owned by bitcoin.
block reward bitcoin will be exhausted in the year 2040. while etherium Reward blocks can remain in Ether because it still has 15.6 million units that can be removed from the marginal increase money supply.
asepsetiawan1990

Activity: 532

View Profile
August 28, 2017, 05:58:10 AM

Regards
I also heard that etherium will replace the bticoin position in the future.
This may be due to more eth fiture compared to features owned by bitcoin.
block reward bitcoin will be exhausted in the year 2040. while etherium Reward blocks can remain in Ether because it still has 15.6 million units that can be removed from the marginal increase money supply.
The bitcoin price is fantastic at the moment .... but sometimes i think worried ... if ethereum the price is reasonable for my understanding ....
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: