Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 10:17:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ... 63 »
  Print  
Author Topic: CryptoKingdom Uncensored  (Read 69472 times)
rpietila
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036

View Profile
May 08, 2017, 01:21:50 AM

Can someone assess, which of the debts and 'debts' are lawfully/legally mine, in the first place(?) There is no shortage of leeches in here, there, anywhere, IRL and PM Wink

I cannot give legal advice. I would recommend you seek professional legal advice for the answer to the above question.

What if the lawyers just can not advice ME?

HIM TVA Dragon, AOK-GM, Emperor of the Earth, Creator of the World, King of Crypto Kingdom, Lord of Malla, AOD-GEN, SA-GEN5, Ministry of Plenty (Join NOW!), Professor of Economics and Theology, Ph.D, AM, Chairman, Treasurer, Founder, CEO, 3*MG-2, 82*OHK, NKP, WTF, FFF, etc(x3)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ArticMine
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1050

Monero Core Team

View Profile
May 08, 2017, 01:31:07 AM

There is nothing preventing you from doing your own legal research regardless of whether you seek professional legal advice or not. I must stand by my recommendation of professional legal advice on the question of whether certain debts are legally enforceable or not.

Edit:  Legally enforceable against you.

Concerned that blockchain bloat will lead to centralization? Storing less than 4 GB of data once required the budget of a superpower and a warehouse full of punched cards. https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/87/IBM_card_storage.NARA.jpg https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Punched_card
rpietila
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
May 08, 2017, 01:36:45 AM

There is nothing preventing you from doing your own legal research regardless of whether you seek professional legal advice or not. I must stand by my recommendation of professional legal advice on the question of whether certain debts are legally enforceable or not.

If that were the deciding factor, all MY creditors/'creditors' would walk away with a sore thumb.

HIM TVA Dragon, AOK-GM, Emperor of the Earth, Creator of the World, King of Crypto Kingdom, Lord of Malla, AOD-GEN, SA-GEN5, Ministry of Plenty (Join NOW!), Professor of Economics and Theology, Ph.D, AM, Chairman, Treasurer, Founder, CEO, 3*MG-2, 82*OHK, NKP, WTF, FFF, etc(x3)
ArticMine
Legendary

Monero Core Team

View Profile
May 08, 2017, 01:51:00 AM

If that were the deciding factor, all MY creditors/'creditors' would walk away with a sore thumb.

I can not comment on the above

There are a host of other factors apart from legally enforceable, such as: Damage to reputation, Practicality and cost of litigation, this can work both ways, other legal and regulatory risks, etc. Then one adds multiple jurisdictions with fundamentally different laws to the mix, and or course the fast changing laws in this area.

What I am aware is cases of people, right here on this forum, who thought they were legally safe, only to find out this was not the case after the fact.

Concerned that blockchain bloat will lead to centralization? Storing less than 4 GB of data once required the budget of a superpower and a warehouse full of punched cards. https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/87/IBM_card_storage.NARA.jpg https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Punched_card
rpietila
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
May 08, 2017, 01:55:37 AM

GM makes Rules, not laws. Laws, anyone can just make and try enforce. They may be valid unless they disturb ME or MY friends, or anyone who does not want to be disturbed.

ArticMine
Legendary

Monero Core Team

View Profile
May 08, 2017, 02:04:40 AM

GM makes Rules, not laws. Laws, anyone can just make and try enforce. They may be valid unless they disturb ME or MY friends, or anyone who does not want to be disturbed.

Can someone assess, which of the debts and 'debts' are lawfully/legally mine, in the first place(?) There is no shortage of leeches in here, there, anywhere, IRL and PM Wink

I cannot reconcile the above two statements.

rpietila
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
May 08, 2017, 02:11:18 AM

I cannot reconcile the above two statements.

'Lawful' means that the debtor is morally bound. 'Legal' means that money goes to lawyer who speaks according to the amount received, and GIVE FUCK n, where n=[0,...,N]

smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
May 08, 2017, 02:14:07 AM

I care not about legalities as I will certainly not be choosing to make use of any legal system to try to collect a 2.5 BTC debt (at least not individually; if there is a larger claim, I may consider joining it)

However, as a matter of ethics and recognized practice in trading of cryptocurrencies and digital assets, the offer to purchase/redeem an in-game asset (and to be clear an asset you had a great deal to do with creating and structuring) in exchange for out of game cryptocurrency payment, along with acceptance of such offer and delivery of said in-game asset is sufficient to constitute a valid debt.

ArticMine
Legendary

Monero Core Team

View Profile
May 08, 2017, 02:31:34 AM
Last edit: May 08, 2017, 03:10:05 AM by ArticMine

I am not sure I would make the above distinction between lawful and legal. When it comes to debts my experience is that they typically fall into one of four categories

1) Morally and legally valid.
2) Morally valid but not legally valid
3) Not morally valid but legally valid
4) Not morally valid and not legally valid.

By far the most common are 1 and 4. 2 and 3 do occur but are far more rare. I will leave for the reader to judge where the principal of the B1 / XBT debt lies and the interest in the B1 / XBT debt lies.

Edit 1: I have to agree with smooth. 2.5 XBT is not an amount where it makes any economic sense to launch an international legal action even if it were to fall under 1 above.

Edit 2: To me lawful is a synonym of legal. So the distinction is between moral and lawful/legal. Rules also in many cases are used in the place of laws as a form of oppression by those in a position of power. This is done to avoid the checks and balances present in laws. A case in point would be a corporation or group of corporations using its or thier market share to censor content that would otherwise be legal. Apple is a classic offender here. Banks and credit card companies refusing to deal with Wikileaks is another example.

bv68bot

Activity: 144
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 08, 2017, 03:26:05 AM

For when you hit rock bottom, these steps are powerful, not just for alcoholics.

The heart of the suggested program of personal recovery is contained in Twelve Steps describing the experience of the earliest members of the Society:

• 1.  We admitted we were powerless over alcohol—that our lives had become unmanageable.
  • 2.  Came to believe that a Power greater than ourselves could restore us to sanity.
  • 3.  Made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the care of God as we understood Him.
  • 4.  Made a searching and fearless moral inventory of ourselves.
  • 5.  Admitted to God, to ourselves, and to another human being the exact nature of our wrongs.
  • 6.  Were entirely ready to have God remove all these defects of character.
  • 7.  Humbly asked Him to remove our shortcomings.
  • 8.  Made a list of all persons we had harmed, and became willing to make amends to them all.
  • 9.  Made direct amends to such people wherever possible, except when to do so would injure them or others.
  • 10. Continued to take personal inventory and when we were wrong promptly admitted it.
  • 11. Sought through prayer and meditation to improve our conscious contact with God as we understood Him, praying only for knowledge of His will for us and the power to carry that out.
  • 12. Having had a spiritual awakening as the result of these steps, we tried to carry this message to alcoholics and to practice these principles in all our affairs.

smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
May 08, 2017, 03:30:38 AM

One of the more pertinent questions is why this disclosure of said held funds by polo was not made public knowledge to those involved earlier.

Why all the shenanigans of deleting posts and deflecting etc?

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
May 08, 2017, 03:33:14 AM

Another deleted post from the self-moderated thread:

Quote from: Bitcoin Forum
A reply of yours, quoted below, was deleted by the starter of a self-moderated topic. There are no rules of self-moderation, so this deletion cannot be appealed. Do not continue posting in this topic if the topic-starter has requested that you leave.

You can create a new topic if you are unsatisfied with this one. If the topic-starter is scamming, post about it in Scam Accusations.

3. Reduce harm to those presently not receiving any payment at all

AM I incorrect in that the only 'harm' caused is caused by the creditors themselves, inside their mind?

I doubt those who are owed care to engage in philosophical discussions about it. I can speak for one who does not.

Please pay what you owe. $7K/day is a good start.

Also, threatening to ban further discussion of his debt in the self-moderated thread (and further scamming by questioning the validity of that debt using scare quotes):

FROM THIS POINT ONWARDS; 'OWE' BELONGS TO THREADS NOT SELF-MODERATED BY ME.
Roopatra

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 08, 2017, 04:52:11 AM

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1zR5PszQOQyqnmX7b1CR4XtskcGWAtsHeGbZAWOYgi_o/edit#gid=2124774466
ArticMine
Legendary

Monero Core Team

View Profile
May 08, 2017, 06:01:00 AM

This spreadsheet does not include the E1 and B1 where a withdrawal request has not been made.

CK_Zephyrus

Activity: 89
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 08, 2017, 08:25:35 AM

Because this is likely to get deleted:

The characters are: Kristin J (1449), Sir Mooo of Stonehaven (88), HH Grand Duke Paul, of Soul and in Gangnam (19) and Kristin (1210), although the latter character still received its promotion, as it was counted at the start of the week when the shenanigans had yet to occur and did not disrupt the game until later.

I had a chat with Kristin this morning, and she confirmed her 1210 account is inaccessible by risto (only kristin J is). So I'm lifting the disqualification, and so the promotion is now deemed valid.

Additionally, for the avoidance of doubt: Risto has been stripped of his admin//GM duties until further notice, so I'm afraid his attempts at influencing promotions have fallen flat. The key to accessing these powers again lies within his grasp, as it did since the start.

rpietila
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
May 08, 2017, 09:17:10 AM

Since you say so ^

iluvbitcoins
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1150

Freedom&Honor

View Profile
May 08, 2017, 09:53:16 AM

A reply of yours, quoted below, was deleted by the starter of a self-moderated topic. There are no rules of self-moderation, so this deletion cannot be appealed. Do not continue posting in this topic if the topic-starter has requested that you leave.

You can create a new topic if you are unsatisfied with this one. If the topic-starter is scamming, post about it in Scam Accusations.

Why don't you just pay out B1 and take control of your own game?

I forfeit all interest accumulated, and all E1 I have, if you pay me out and show that you're willing to pay out other people, you win my support.

Looking for a signature campaign.
Karl Hungus

Activity: 212
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 08, 2017, 10:25:39 AM

Gringotts Independent Depository :: Update!

The liquidation of in-game items owned by OZ/Hokusai is going well.

Gold bars, SCI, IC, CAN, b1 - have been sold so far.

Further sales will be organised by Roopatra, details to follow.

As mentioned earlier, the plan is to have Gringotts depository up and running BEFORE the majority of items are sold.

Gringotts 'M' balance has reached 417,000,000,000, over 10% of 'M'!
papa_lazzarou

Activity: 649
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 08, 2017, 04:55:18 PM

It is interesting that this echoes my rambling in ##crypto-kingdom early today.

Quote from: papa_lazzarou @ ##crypto-kingdom
09:56 < papa_lazzarou> what happened is CK was that risto created the impression that he would honor his commitments, as he had done many times before
09:56 < Marquess_Loaf> old CK token was "dead money" in the sense that you could only get dividends off of it (and their weren't as many compared to when
                       game was active)
09:57 < papa_lazzarou> the proposition of withdrawing b1 /BTC created an arbitrage oportunity when you considered M3 price in M
09:57 < Marquess_Loaf> so your CK became a spendable token for in-game purposes
09:57 < Marquess_Loaf> and then if you wanted, you could take that new M and withdraw even more
09:58 < Marquess_Loaf> so not sure what was really withdrawn and paid via B1, but it was like 500 BTC i think?
09:58 < Marquess_Loaf> and then for XMR, that was essentially 60k+ XMR withdrawn
09:58 < papa_lazzarou> many of us took up that deal assuming this was part of the plan, as it would create a downward pressure for both M3 and B1, and eventually get Ck market cap equal for all depos
09:59 < papa_lazzarou> and then the guys stoped paying arguing he does not care about his or other people's money

09:59 < Marquess_Loaf> yeah me too (on e1)
09:59 < Marquess_Loaf> wanted to buy back via b1 or m3
10:00 < papa_lazzarou> what makes me even more upset is that those who trusted him got burned and those who did not got a load of Monero.
10:00 < papa_lazzarou> and that's that.

Roopatra

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 08, 2017, 06:35:16 PM

The Golden Carriage from 1573
The Epitome of Opulence in auction only on Crypto Kingdom

https://cryptokingdom.me/marketplace/item/TRC4-5

The Golden Carriage was created during the run-up to the end of the Ancient era when players were allowed to cash in  'Ancient Item Credits' to create few special items that survived until present day. This carriage turned out a bit more special than the others, since late 1500's were a time when OZ threw money at anything that moved and this carriage did move: laden with 1000 CKG of gold and pulled by 4 silver unicorns

The Golden Carriage Fact Sheet
 - Contains 1000 CKG , double that of the 2nd most CKG decorated carriage
- 7th oldest carriage
- Arguably the most decadent carriage in CK, and best non-royal carriage available to Nobles
- Level 9 (highest available, since only King can have a level 10 carriage)
- Ancient: 1
- Elaborate: 3
- Blessed: 1

Important info regarding the auction:
1. Sale profits from this auction will go to opening up the new depository Gringotts, more info about the new depository below.
2. Reserve bid and the auction starting price is 265mil m, which is the minimum value of the gold embedded in the carriage, calculated from the current highest bid for 10x 100ckg trade bars in the agora market. The carriage is valuable as an item and in history, not only for its gold content, so we expect the price to end quite a bit higher.
3. Bidding starts at 265mil m, with a minimum raise of 10mil m.
4. The auction finishes 72 hours from the timestamp of this post, unless there is still bidding going on in which case each raised bid extends the auction by 15 minutes.
5. The bidding will happen here on this thread.

New Gringotts Depository is Coming Soon (TM):
Greetings good citizens of Crypto Kingdom!
Announcement 2:
I also want to announce my intention to setup an independent depository, "Gringotts".

Full details to follow as things come together, but my hope is to devise a setup that achieves 100% community trust asap.

I currently own ~6% of 'M', and after the sale of my in-game assets it should hopefully be quite a bit more.

My intention is to fund the depository with sufficient 'M', but I don't want to manage it myself, and I don't want to  have access to any deposited funds either. I will be a 'silent' partner.

If all goes well Gringotts depository should open before the sale/auction of OZ & Hokusai's possessions, so players have time to deposit and purchase 'M' if required in preparation for the sale!

I don't have a time frame in mind yet, and I would prefer to move slowly if it helped get community support, (plus I'll need help), but I would expect a few weeks or possibly a month before everything I hope to do is completed.

"Gringotts" will NOT be the official depository of Crypto Kingdom as far as I am concerned (it'll be independent), and I can see no reason why it would be the only independent depository active in the future - competition is good - but at the moment CK does not have a working depository, and if this continues the Game will probably end, so it is time to act.

In-game CK assets need to be convertible into other crypto assets for the continued success of what Risto has created!
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ... 63 »
  Print  

Jump to: