Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 12:00:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 ... 151 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BitcoinWisdom.com - Live Bitcoin/LiteCoin Charts  (Read 502553 times)
knox2000

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 11, 2013, 11:55:04 AM

A version for mobile devices would be nice Smiley
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinWisdom (OP)

Activity: 602
Merit: 505

View Profile
October 11, 2013, 12:48:16 PM

Just came here to say thank you for your fantastic website. Great design and functionality, and it was one of the very few ones that held up well during the latest flash crash -- I hope that wasn't just because of a lack of visitors Tongue Anyway, going to make my first donation in a moment.

Two, rather minor, feature requests, maybe consider them if you have some time to spare:

1) I regularly have to use bitcoinwisdom on a pretty small screen, when I'm on my netbook because I have to be mobile. It seems that the maximum history (i.e. max number of candles on the screen) shown in the most zoomed out state depends on the resolution of my computer. On my really small screen, that max number of candles is really quite low (e.g. the 15 min view doesn't even cover the past 24 hours). Is there any chance you could *slightly* increase the max no. of candles value (if I am right about that it depends on screen resolution)? Maybe 50% higher? I know, candles would become pretty small, but nobody would be forced to zoom out that far -- it's just that I simply *can't* zoom out any further, and would like to see more history at once.

2) the price graph settings I usually use are candles, but I like to look at *median* price as well for some of my trading decisions. Right now the "line" setting seems to be closing price, which is a bit useless. Any chance you could have the line display median price? Or even better (but that's probably getting too much work), chose what is displayed when chosing line: closing price, median price, or VWAP. That'd be utopia Tongue

Thank you for donation, for now I recommand you purchase a premium account to donation to get rid of the ad. if you have registered a free account, pm me the addrees of the account, I will active the premium account.

On desktop, we can use mousewheel zoom in/out, for mobile it seems lack of this function, I will add the options for that.

median price should be no problem, for the chart is live chart, I haven't decision put the media price on EMA/MA section or candle stick section yet. VWAP is a bit difficulty, current database doesn't sum the price for each period.

Realtime Bitcoin/Litecoin Charts: BitcoinWisdom
BitcoinWisdom (OP)

View Profile
October 11, 2013, 12:56:57 PM

Actually -- the website works on Android when I'm on WiFi, but when I'm on 4G, it gets stuck and won't plot despite the fact that the rest of my internet enabled apps and websites work.  Strange.  Using Galaxy Note 2, ATT 4G service.  The issue is repeatable.  Maybe it's only a problem for me, though.
The same is for me - just shows loading and waiting in the chart and price areas Sad       I use 3G Vodafone.
I'm sorry I haven't too much device to test. If wifi is working but 3G doesn't work.  I think the most possible is the net speed is too slow.  also the site use 8080 port of the server to handle data, maybe there is a firewall forbid to visit the port.

oda.krell
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1007

View Profile
October 11, 2013, 02:26:32 PM

Thank you for donation, for now I recommand you purchase a premium account to donation to get rid of the ad. if you have registered a free account, pm me the addrees of the account, I will active the premium account.

Wasn't really much, didn't have enough in my active wallet. I'll donate again later, maybe then it's worth a premium account Cheesy

On desktop, we can use mousewheel zoom in/out, for mobile it seems lack of this function, I will add the options for that.

I didn't explain it very well, I guess: I *can* zoom out, even on my small netbook, it's just that I can't zoom out *far enough*. So my question was if you could increase the "maximum" I can zoom out.

median price should be no problem, for the chart is live chart, I haven't decision put the media price on EMA/MA section or candle stick section yet. VWAP is a bit difficulty, current database doesn't sum the price for each period.

Yeah, VWAP would be nice but isn't that important. Median price would be awesome already!

Not sure which Bitcoin wallet you should use? Get Electrum!
Electrum is an open-source lightweight client: fast, user friendly, and 100% secure.
Download the source or executables for Windows/OSX/Linux/Android from, and only from, the official Electrum homepage.
BitcoinWisdom (OP)

View Profile
October 11, 2013, 02:58:10 PM

I didn't explain it very well, I guess: I *can* zoom out, even on my small netbook, it's just that I can't zoom out *far enough*. So my question was if you could increase the "maximum" I can zoom out.
I was headache with that too, for candlestick, 3px candle is the minmum width or there is no open and close price. and I won't decrease the 2px gap to 1px or less, because most of device has high resolution, with 1px gap the chart will become unfriendly and dizzy.

so only the line style chart can handle very narrow chart, but still haven't found a good way to make it work with candle chart well.

BitcoinWisdom (OP)

View Profile
October 11, 2013, 03:06:42 PM

A version for mobile devices would be nice Smiley
Yes, there are already 15% people using mobile or tablet to visit the site.

BitcoinWisdom (OP)

View Profile
October 12, 2013, 06:44:55 PM
Last edit: October 12, 2013, 07:05:37 PM by BitcoinWisdom

Hi,

Do you plan to support mcxNOW for the BTC/LTC charts?

It's the #2 biggest LTC exchange after BTC-e. With 400+ BTC volume and growing really fast (the exchange just launch a huge update; +300 Volume in 48 hours)

http://www.cryptocoincharts.info/#jump-ltc-btc
https://mcxnow.com/exchange/LTC

EDIT : now it's 750BTc volume and on his way to #1 LTC/BTC Exchange.

mcxNOW LTC/BTC and XPM/BTC has been added.

http://bitcoinwisdom.com/markets/mcxnow/ltcbtc
http://bitcoinwisdom.com/markets/mcxnow/xpmbtc

BitcoinWisdom (OP)

View Profile
October 12, 2013, 06:48:18 PM

Actually -- the website works on Android when I'm on WiFi, but when I'm on 4G, it gets stuck and won't plot despite the fact that the rest of my internet enabled apps and websites work.  Strange.  Using Galaxy Note 2, ATT 4G service.  The issue is repeatable.  Maybe it's only a problem for me, though.
The same is for me - just shows loading and waiting in the chart and price areas Sad       I use 3G Vodafone.
I'm sorry I haven't too much device to test. If wifi is working but 3G doesn't work.  I think the most possible is the net speed is too slow.  also the site use 8080 port of the server to handle data, maybe there is a firewall forbid to visit the port.
I tried disable firewall, but it's no helps. My modem Huawei E272 (net speed about 1 Mbps). OS Xubuntu, browsers Firefox or Chromium. All works when connected to wifi or dsl. Don't works on 3/4 G.
That's really strange. browser should be always same, then it must be cause by net problem. I still have no idea how it happens

houseofchill

Activity: 110
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 15, 2013, 11:16:40 PM

Can you replace btc-e with btcchina?  Btcchina is both higher in price and in volume.
amer

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 16, 2013, 05:41:44 AM

Can you have the Difficulty page update on its own like the market pages do?

Thanks for a great site Smiley

tips: 1amerApYUVjsKSuVUtfjxaoi7QXG7Zwao
BitcoinWisdom (OP)

View Profile
October 17, 2013, 03:34:10 AM

Can you replace btc-e with btcchina?  Btcchina is both higher in price and in volume.
I'm sorry, most of our visitors are not interested in BTC/CNY exchange, so it will not replace BTC-e BTC/USD.

BitcoinWisdom (OP)

View Profile
October 17, 2013, 03:40:39 AM

Can you have the Difficulty page update on its own like the market pages do?

Thanks for a great site Smiley
Here is technique issue on display difficulty likes market page which is hard to go through, multi axis with particular rules, so it will not be improved in short time.

crendore

Activity: 363
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 17, 2013, 05:39:29 PM

Instead of doing the pay to get rid of ads model, why not follow a more successful business model like freemium.  I for one can simply just delete the div that holds the ads, and since i leave the tab open i only need to do this once.   Where as, i WOULD pay for a premium membership if there was extra features, such as more chart analysis tools for example: Bollinger bands, Ribbon MAs, etc.

BitcoinWisdom (OP)

View Profile
October 17, 2013, 06:13:09 PM

Instead of doing the pay to get rid of ads model, why not follow a more successful business model like freemium.  I for one can simply just delete the div that holds the ads, and since i leave the tab open i only need to do this once.   Where as, i WOULD pay for a premium membership if there was extra features, such as more chart analysis tools for example: Bollinger bands, Ribbon MAs, etc.
Thank you for advice. remove div or pay premium base on user's charactor, If the user dislike privacy or not. I have a lot of technology to detect the ad has been removed or not such as check canvas width, but I wouldn't do that. everything is base on consciously.
The premium features are still under developing, it would not be take long time.

BitcoinWisdom (OP)

View Profile
October 17, 2013, 06:38:23 PM

Yeah, VWAP would be nice but isn't that important. Median price would be awesome already!

Median price has been added.

oda.krell
Legendary

View Profile
October 17, 2013, 07:03:54 PM

Looks very good. Your site is now officially my favorite live-charting site. Will make a second donation as soon as my wallet is refilled.

Electrum is an open-source lightweight client: fast, user friendly, and 100% secure.
Download the source or executables for Windows/OSX/Linux/Android from, and only from, the official Electrum homepage.
BitcoinWisdom (OP)

View Profile
October 17, 2013, 07:10:30 PM

Looks very good. Your site is now officially my favorite live-charting site. Will make a second donation as soon as my wallet is refilled.
Thank you!

oda.krell
Legendary

View Profile
October 18, 2013, 12:18:43 AM

Hm, something looks a bit weird about the new line chart with median price:

a) how do you calculate median price? it should be high+low/2, but it looks as if it is maybe "typical price" which is high+low+close/3.

b) the red/green area below/above the line should mark the lowest/highest price of the period, right?

Like I said, something looks a bit strange to me, either a) or b) (or both) are different that how I think they should be.

BitcoinWisdom (OP)

View Profile
October 18, 2013, 02:47:03 AM

Hm, something looks a bit weird about the new line chart with median price:

a) how do you calculate median price? it should be high+low/2, but it looks as if it is maybe "typical price" which is high+low+close/3.

b) the red/green area below/above the line should mark the lowest/highest price of the period, right?

Like I said, something looks a bit strange to me, either a) or b) (or both) are different that how I think they should be.
I'm sorry, I made a mistake, the median price algorithm was incorrect, now the bug has been fixed.

BitcoinWisdom (OP)

View Profile
October 18, 2013, 07:04:58 AM

Could you add BFX? They have JSON API and they are the 5th biggest exchange (by internal volume)

http://bitcoinity.org/markets/list?currency=ALL&span=24h

Bitfinex is a meta exchange where you can trade both Bitstamp orders and BFX/BFX orders. The api will give you BFX/BFX trades only and you could make charts of those - like http://bfx.herokuapp.com/
Bitfinex has been added.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 ... 151 »
  Print  

Jump to: