Bitcoin Forum
June 03, 2024, 04:17:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: IOTA $2 Million Developer Fund  (Read 1958 times)
coldmoldy (OP)

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 09, 2017, 01:02:56 AM

https://blog.iota.org/iota-ecosystem-fund-2-million-f6ade6a4d8ba

2 million dollars is not bad for a community-donated fund!!!
dE7ERV

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 09, 2017, 09:16:55 AM

I would like to see a simpler system for buying IOTA
3x2
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1004

View Profile
May 09, 2017, 10:52:25 AM

2 Million Dollars worth of IOTA or 2 Million Dollars directly in cash?
topesis

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 09, 2017, 11:05:27 AM

This is what I was about to ask, I think the OP should clarify this
Cart

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 09, 2017, 11:11:25 AM

When and on which exchanges is IOTA to be listed soon? Any information yet?
tkk3k

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 09, 2017, 02:07:34 PM

Imo it´s a bit deceiving to advertise it as a $2M fund when in reality it´s $2M worth of IOTA tokens. If you take a look at the inofficial IOTA exchange you can quickly see that there is no way to liquidate such an amount of IOTA. Selling just $100k worth of IOTA token would tank the price 80%.
Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
May 09, 2017, 03:56:23 PM
Last edit: May 09, 2017, 04:12:05 PM by Febo

Is probably in IOTA and now $2 millions at current price  when they sell to each other at x1000 of ICO price. They could also say there is 1 BTC in development found Tongue

I read that post. So how much of IOTA is exactly in the found?

Let me also quote myself here with price of IOTA in ICO.

Community gatherd 1337 BTC (including JINN assets) for 999 999 999 so called "old iotas".
We send BTC without escrow to BTC address, there were no beta at this time, only whitepapper and hope that cfb will write code.

Full crowdsale info and distribution from that time https://tangle.ninja/iota/crowdsale
But it was long long ago.

So one old Iota in ICO was 0.00000133

1 000 000  OLD IOTA != 2 779 531 000 000 IOTA. That number was rounded. Just FYI.

so 1 old IOTA is 2 779 531 new IOTA or 2.78 mIOTA

mIOTA was in ICO 40.65 satoshi.
gIOTA was in ICO 40647 satoshi or 0.00040647 BTC

50cent_rapper
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 09, 2017, 04:34:27 PM

Yes, iota is very long-term project. You can even quote yourself not only in 2017, but in 2019 and 2020. I'm sure it's still be there  Smiley
Febo
Legendary

View Profile
May 09, 2017, 04:41:27 PM

Yes, iota is very long-term project. You can even quote yourself not only in 2017, but in 2019 and 2020. I'm sure it's still be there  Smiley

Do you know anwser on my question?

50cent_rapper
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 09, 2017, 05:11:26 PM

Quote from: Febo

I know what are you trying to say here Febo.

You want to say that if BTC was sold at 10 USD per coin in 2012 then it's unfair that no one sell it to you below 1700 $ in 2017.

You want to say that if Peter Thiel bought 10% of all Facebook for 500'000 USD in 2004 it's unfair that no one will sell you 10% of Facebook now for less then 43 billion dollars in 2017.

You want to say that if someone sold all iotas in 2015 for 1337 BTC it's unfair that no one will sold you all iotas now for less then 120'000 BTC in 2017 .

But it's just how the world works and you are enough smart to see that I'm right.

Now back to your question. The amount of iotas in fund is an equivalent of 2'000'000 USD in today's prices.
coldmoldy (OP)

View Profile
May 09, 2017, 05:49:34 PM

Is probably in IOTA and now $2 millions at current price  when they sell to each other at x1000 of ICO price. They could also say there is 1 BTC in development found Tongue

Probably about 1% of all supply, so maybe 25 Ti
Febo
Legendary

View Profile
May 09, 2017, 07:45:24 PM

Now back to your question. The amount of iotas in fund is an equivalent of 2'000'000 USD in today's prices.

So no one knows how much IOTAS is in that found? There is no wallet holding it?  How do you know is anything there at all?
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
May 09, 2017, 08:12:09 PM

I know what are you trying to say here Febo.

You want to say that if BTC was sold at 10 USD per coin in 2012 then it's unfair that no one sell it to you below 1700 $ in 2017.

You want to say that if Peter Thiel bought 10% of all Facebook for 500'000 USD in 2004 it's unfair that no one will sell you 10% of Facebook now for less then 43 billion dollars in 2017.

You want to say that if someone sold all iotas in 2015 for 1337 BTC it's unfair that no one will sold you all iotas now for less then 120'000 BTC in 2017 .

But it's just how the world works and you are enough smart to see that I'm right.

LOL todays prices where. That's right in the manipulated hoarded otc market where a tiny fraction of people try and ransom it off for magnitudes more than they got it in the stealth ico.

It's not as bad as some ICO's but it is still a manipulated project.

You're one of known shills for it so of course anything you say is going to have to be treated with extreme caution and that's being kind.

Febo
Legendary

View Profile
May 10, 2017, 02:19:03 PM

Why would anyone care about a quantum-proof platform with zero fee transfers whose speed and scalability is directly proportional to the amount of traffic and DDOSpam?

I care, but seems no one can answer simple question how many IOTA is in Developer Fund.
coldmoldy (OP)

View Profile
May 11, 2017, 12:25:08 PM

Why would anyone care about a quantum-proof platform with zero fee transfers whose speed and scalability is directly proportional to the amount of traffic and DDOSpam?

I care, but seems no one can answer simple question how many IOTA is in Developer Fund.

I got the scoop, guys. 24 Ti donated by the community.

Also, Cryptohunter, you're still sour that you missed the ICO?
coldmoldy (OP)

View Profile
May 11, 2017, 12:31:33 PM

This is an interesting symptom that I notice within all communities on this board where upon there was very poor initial distribution (within the crypto community - i.e bct)

1. Devs - knowing the rest of the crypto community don't want to knowingly be charged 30x what a select few 2-300 (if it was even that many single investors it could be less for all you know) and that there is now a bad taste seek new investors less aware of the start.

2. Investors- knowing their fellow crypto enthusiasts are suspect of the initial distribution seek refuge away from the heat and state they will try to encourage distribution to the other 7 billion who they wish could have got tokens at the IPO.

If you'd like the other 7 billion to have fair opportunity then why not make a start with the other 10's of 1000's of other BCT members?

Why not do as LISK is doing... sig campaings, facebook campaigns twitter campaigns. I never saw any of these for IOTA or NXT actually.

I'm not saying LISK is better at all in terms of tech. I am simply saying it made a large effort to get it's ICO known and fair chance for everybody on the forum to get opportunity and choice. Same as etherium did. Etherium's  POW gives even further chance to

I think the start at this point could forever haunt the project as it has for DASH and for NXT. They at one point could have taken down LTC if their initial distribution had not forever been called into question.

I would wonder why it is these inflated prices can be asked? why did these people not buy in the ICO? nothing has changed ? the MS thing is fine same for emericoin but not as important as all that. The ICO was not made public enough. I see people here who live on this board saying in threads
" not sure how i missed it".  That's not good at all... at all.

A second ICO would be far more beneficial for all in the long term.

Sorry you never got that second ICO. What happened to lisk, btw?
Febo
Legendary

View Profile
May 11, 2017, 12:52:41 PM

I got the scoop, guys. 24 Ti donated by the community.

Also, Cryptohunter, you're still sour that you missed the ICO?

24Ti is good, that was almost 10 BTC invested.
robelneo
Legendary

Activity: 3262
Merit: 1206

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2017, 05:38:30 PM

This is huge so they got $2 million dollar I missed this project,so they are on their way to big things,very innovative coin no transaction fee the other coin with no transaction fee is mrai maybe in the future we could have more of this no transaction fee.

coldmoldy (OP)

View Profile
May 12, 2017, 03:07:25 PM

This is huge so they got $2 million dollar I missed this project,so they are on their way to big things,very innovative coin no transaction fee the other coin with no transaction fee is mrai maybe in the future we could have more of this no transaction fee.

The community also donated 125 Ti to the Foundation, so the foundation has over $10 million worth of iota right now.

But this development fund is specifically designed to fund community projects and developers.
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
May 12, 2017, 04:12:25 PM
Last edit: May 12, 2017, 05:14:25 PM by cryptohunter

The community also donated 125 Ti to the Foundation, so the foundation has over $10 million worth of iota right now.

But this development fund is specifically designed to fund community projects and developers.

LOL's the ICO raised 500BTC

but wait according to few iota insiders who trade it to each other and unsuspecting noobs for 30x 50x 100x or great ICO insider prices .... then just from donation of iota from a few of them they have a 10million usd fund?  seems legit. But wait there is no where to sell it except for the otc insider marketplace and no real exchanges.

1. Yes i do have on record the thread where CFB is advertising to buy any and all hero and legend accounts prior to IOTA ico.
2. Yes i do have on record CFB saying so what if these sock puppet accounts are being used to manipulate and shill for iota because he doesn't give a fuck about bct users and what they think since he intends to market it outside of here to people that are unaware of it.

You probably are an IOTA sock puppet shill account yourself. Although having such a low post count and low activity for years to suddenly pop up you are not one of the better sock puppets.

If you want me to post the evidence of all of these things keep cycling around your iota pumping nonsense with the other iota sock puppets.

Release it already. Let's see how it actually works out in the wild. I mean how it actually operates and how safe it is from attack and other issues.

Has insider terrible initial distribution manipulated scheme all over it.

HOWEVER if it works  and provides all the advantages it says it has, and it isn't attacked and destroyed when it is allowed to come off of its centralised training wheels then a real value can be placed upon it. Not the magnitudes more the iota sock puppet accounts say they are demanding over the small 130sats they paid for it.

It will always suffer a poor initial distribution stigma and will be manipulated until insider whales cash out at their desired exit. So fair value is probably a long way off unitl they all dump out. Then on to their next ICO.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: