Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 07:48:38 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: RANSOMWARE impact  (Read 12293 times)
Przemax

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 20, 2017, 09:07:01 AM

I think that in the short time period the price of bitcoin might go up, but I think the bad aftertaste will kick in later. I think that people behind the ransomware have no good intentions for bitcoin.

All of the coins that will be gathered by the blackmail will be dumped at one time to crash the price. In my opinion the bad story for the dump is already devised.

B!tcoinL0ver

Activity: 73
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 20, 2017, 09:19:47 AM

ransomwre make everyone know bitcoin, then everyone see the price chart of bitcoin and now they are start investing at bitcoin  Grin
Redones (OP)

Activity: 320
Merit: 261

Web developper

View Profile
May 20, 2017, 09:23:27 AM

I think the bitcoin will fall because of RANSOMWARE,it is impossible/Difficult to track who did this and in futur Bitcoins will be considered as a motivation mean for such act

There is a potential negative for bitcoin when people hear that it is being used by thieves via ransomware. However, the positive is that more people are hearing about bitcoin which can increase interest.
Everyone know about Drugs and the fact that it makes really a good fortune, is everyone drugs dealer ? Sure nope, that what I meant,even with its "dark" reputation bitcoins still allowed but if such act repeat to much, they will put Bitcoins officially on illegal case and in that time I m sure the price will rise and the number of holder will fall to null.
bitbollo
Legendary

Activity: 3290
Merit: 3563

Nec Recisa Recedit

View Profile
May 20, 2017, 09:31:52 AM

at my place job, all email providers was shut down.
gmail, yahoo etc etc.. no one can use the personally address. A situation like this obviously cause a lot of problems with daily tasks.
You can image in a public service what can happens...
BTW bitcoin become one of the top argument @ cafè bar, every one talked about it... like a new "payment method"  Shocked

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
Ucy

Activity: 2576
Merit: 402

View Profile
May 20, 2017, 09:43:04 AM
Last edit: May 20, 2017, 03:46:11 PM by Ucy

The focus shouldn't be on Bitcoin alone. Crooks also use National currencies  for high profile crimes.
The current debate is more like the US gun debate. Like Bitcoin, am in favor of gun ownership for self defense. The idea is to be able to defend yourself incase of a quick attack and also to defend yourself from rogue governments. There always sould be alternatives whether we like it or not. Bitcoin/CryptoCurrency is a great alternative to local currencies... in the end you will have a way to hide your wealth incase your government is overun by criminals(like ISIS was trying to do in the Arab world) plus have an alternative source of income
BitcSeo

Activity: 1009
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 20, 2017, 09:47:16 AM

Nah, the mainstream media has made surprisingly little mention of Bitcoin in their reporting of the ransomware attacks and it doesn't matter - it's just another crime that people can commit with Bitcoin if they want to.

Bitcoin isn't even the best thing to use for these attacks - Monero and other anonymous alts would ultimately be much better choices.

If anything, the price will go up because of people buying Bitcoin to pay their ransoms   Smiley
I agree with the fact that the media has made little mention of bitcoins, but the media is something and security stuff is other thing.
 the price will go up instantly but when this end Government will begin take serious decisions about bitcoin and its users/holders 

☞I have this to say to all journalist,media & news agency who donot research properly before jumping into conclusion!

The increase in exchnage rate of bitcoin started in (march/April) just before the attack in may!Yes, more people buying this coin to pay for the ransom could lead to a slight increase.

Now,do they think that such crime willl cease if, bitcoin cease to exist? the anwser is NO!

☞It's important for IT companies, research team & bitcoin trader's join head in order to fix such loophole otherwise, the same hacker's behind this mess will one day exploit the bitcoin niche using same mechanism.

Thanks

S🌏larplaNET  Rome🗺 🗺
moooonu

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 20, 2017, 10:12:01 AM

As per recently article mentioned by theguardian. New version of ransomware is locking the computers and asking for a 300$ payment to unlock their content.
marketone
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 20, 2017, 10:24:15 AM

I think the bitcoin will fall because of RANSOMWARE,it is impossible/Difficult to track who did this and in futur Bitcoins will be considered as a motivation mean for such act

There is a potential negative for bitcoin when people hear that it is being used by thieves via ransomware. However, the positive is that more people are hearing about bitcoin which can increase interest.

People also should understand that bitcoin is more valuable when compared to other currency, so the person who hacked is asking in the form of bitcoin means this person belong to the country where he can exchange them into his local currency easily. If the person demands in any other form govt's will easily catch him.
Farcoin12

Activity: 206
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 20, 2017, 10:26:09 AM

Bitcoin will definitely not fall because of Ransomware. Actually, the price will increase because people will have to buy Bitcoin and give it to the hackers if they want their files back.

▄██████████████████▄▄
  ▄█████████████████████▄▀▄
▄█████████████████████▄▀▄▀▄▀
███████▀             ▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
███████▄
▀███████████████████▀▄▀▄
  ▀█████████████████▀▄▀▄▀▄
    ▀▀████████████▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
                    ▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
▀▄▀▄▀▄▀            ▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
  ▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
    ▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Solar DAO████  ████  ████
████  ████  ████
▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄
████  ████  ████
▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀▀
████  ████  ████
████  ████  ████
▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄
████  ████  ████
▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀▀
████  ████  ████
████  ████  ████
PV Solar Plants Construction
   through CROWDFUNDING
████  ████  ████
████  ████  ████
▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄
████  ████  ████
▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀▀
████  ████  ████
████  ████  ████
▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄
████  ████  ████
▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀▀
████  ████  ████
████  ████  ████
████  ████  ████
████  ████  ████
▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄
████  ████  ████
▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀▀
████  ████  ████
████  ████  ████
▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄
████  ████  ████
▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀▀
████  ████  ████
████  ████  ████
boyptc

Activity: 3038
Merit: 681

View Profile
May 20, 2017, 10:30:33 AM

There is a positive impact on bitcoin more than the negative impact, prior to this people already viewed bitcoin
as being used for illegal trading in the dark market but this recently hit which is the RANSOMWARE  will increase the
demand of bitcoin and will make it more popular, it is for the publicity as well.
Lol, so you think ransomware would make bitcoin more popular by extorting people? Well, t certainly wouldn't be in any positive way.
I found that most news articles that I've read about this randsomware attack didn't even mention Bitcoin in any negative way.

I've seen more positive news than negative news about Bitcoin, at least in the mainstream news I follow.
Just wait till it goes over $2000, the focus will be on the price and not about the criminal aspects.

It's not good to see this type of happening that the demand is because of this negative activity. And people especially those victims that doesn't have an idea about bitcoin will think that they are a victim of this bitcoin ransom. Though I believe that the high demand is not just because of this ransomware issue, there's a lot of good news that are coming out because of it.

Yes before attacking this ransomware only the price was so high already. after this attack just it increased $100 to $200. So this is not ransomware attack effect. More people are started to using bitcoin and in market demand is increased, so the price is increasing. And because of ransomware attack, the price is increasing is just a false news.
They are taking the advantage and attacking with the pump of bitcoins price. I'm not really tolerating this act that they are doing. Because it's better to work with all your efforts and putting dedication on it without harming other people. But well these hackers are really taking the advantage while giving others a disadvantage.

SPIN

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
     ▄███████████████████▄
   ▄██████████▀▀███████████▄
   ██████████    ███████████
 ▄██████████      ▀█████████▄
▄██████████        ▀█████████▄
█████████▀▀   ▄▄    ▀▀▀███████
█████████▄▄  ████▄▄███████████
███████▀  ▀▀███▀      ▀███████
▀█████▀          ▄█▄   ▀█████▀
 ▀███▀   ▄▄▄  ▄█████▄   ▀███▀
   ██████████████████▄▄▄███
   ▀██████████████████████▀
     ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀
RIUM
..FAST DEPOSITS .........
..AND WITHDRAWALS..
    ▄▄████████▄▄                        ▄██████▄
  ▄███████▀██████▄                    ▄██████████▄
 ██████ ▀▀ ▄ █████       ██          ▄████████████▄
████████  ▄▀▄ ▀██▀      ▄███       ▄███          ███▄
███████▄  ▀▀▀ ▄██      ▄█████▄    ████████    ███████
███████  ██▀  ▄██     ████████▄   ███▀ ▄▄▄    ▄▄▄▄▀██
█████▄▄  ▀▀▄   ██▄    ▀▀█████▀▀   █████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███
 ██████ █ ▄ ▄█████    ▀▄▄▀▀▀▄▄▀   ████████    ██████▀
  ▀███████████████     ▀█████      ▀██████▄▄▄▄████▀▀
    ▀▀█████████▀         ███         ▀▀████████▀▀
..WHEEL OF..
..FORTUNE...
.WELCOME OFFER .
......200% + 50FS.....
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀██████
████████████▀▀▀    ██████
███████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ███████
████▄     ▄█▀     ███████
███████▄ █▀      ████████
████████▌▐       ████████
█████████ ▄██▄  █████████
███████████████▄█████████
▀███████████████████████▀

.PLAY NOW.
[/ta
BitcSeo

Activity: 1009

View Profile
May 20, 2017, 10:56:18 AM

People also should understand that bitcoin is more valuable when compared to other currency, so the person who hacked is asking in the form of bitcoin means this person belong to the country where he can exchange them into his local currency easily. If the person demands in any other form govt's will easily catch him.

I bet i could found out these group of hacker's behind this mess if, i'm given access to most of these sophisticated tools used by security agencies.

Just before this whole incident, i stumble into one trader on ebay. He was selling btc at a very competitive rate.

I bought some btc from him.The coin i bought was less than 0.1 bitcoin . He's selling this at a good exchange rate that i had to buy again from him again on ebay but, unfortunately this time his account has been restricted. Few hour's later he contacted me with a private email in order for us to conclude this transaction outside ebay. I did and everything went on smoothly.

NOTE : if, there are any developer's,IT's with the intention of developing app to address & fix the current security loopholes, it should be people who has indepth knowledge of the of this vritual currency as well. Otherwise, such security measure could end-up not providing lasting solution!

Thanks

S🌏larplaNET  Rome🗺 🗺
machinek20

Activity: 840

View Profile
May 20, 2017, 11:19:24 AM

It didnt impact a lot, for sure bitcoin will be considered as criminal coin, but bitcoin become more popular and for the bitcoin users, it didn't bother a lot, the price is still good and people still believe in bitcoin and the bitcoin transaction rate still high, so bitcoin still has a good future
el kaka22
Legendary

Activity: 3556
Merit: 1162

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
May 20, 2017, 02:38:16 PM

It didnt impact a lot, for sure bitcoin will be considered as criminal coin, but bitcoin become more popular and for the bitcoin users, it didn't bother a lot, the price is still good and people still believe in bitcoin and the bitcoin transaction rate still high, so bitcoin still has a good future
In summary wannacry brought mixed responses. Government might be thinking negative as bitcoin brought hackers a way to get safe money but many people come to know about bitcoins as media made enough coverage on bitcoins this time. My local newspaper wrote an awareness article on ransomware which covers what is bitcoin too.

But by considering the current rally of bitcoins, we can be sure bitcoins system not finding any hard impacts due to recent hacking attempts. I wish issues of ransomware to get fade away asap when some antivirus coming up with strong solutions.

███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
notyours

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 20, 2017, 03:28:39 PM

My friend told me about this ransomware that target lower version of OS/operating system because it can easy affected by the virus. i see someone  feedback on some of my group in facebook about this and he is victim either nothing download or do, some say its from spam emails, also this virus can have backup so even if you format your Personal computer it has chance to be same.

My friend studying about this problem on how to prevent and kill without paying the ransom, he though disabling "SMB" on your windows might be the solution to be safe right now..
hatshepsut93
Legendary

Activity: 3010
Merit: 2148

View Profile
May 20, 2017, 03:48:58 PM

Recent ransomware attack only reinforced the narrative of bitcoin haters that it's a money for criminals, but I think general public don't share this view, as there are many positive news, increasing interest from governments, banks and investors. I believe that many people who are interested in Bitcoin are young and skeptical enough to not buy this propaganda from haters, so the negative impact of ransomware attack should be very small. It also should be dwarfed by the recent $2000 touch, which is far more important than some hackers.
foxbat

Activity: 484
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 20, 2017, 05:16:37 PM

Recent ransomware attack only reinforced the narrative of bitcoin haters that it's a money for criminals, but I think general public don't share this view, as there are many positive news, increasing interest from governments, banks and investors. I believe that many people who are interested in Bitcoin are young and skeptical enough to not buy this propaganda from haters, so the negative impact of ransomware attack should be very small. It also should be dwarfed by the recent $2000 touch, which is far more important than some hackers.

The advantage always comes with difficulty, bitcoin has a lot of advantages to grow, but it also has consequences stemming from bad guy behavior. We have to accept that.
Juggy777

Activity: 2646
Merit: 686

View Profile
May 20, 2017, 05:31:52 PM

How will Bitcoins fall due to ransomware if you are indicating that it can get a bad name cause of money was demanded in Bitcoins or that bitcoins account will be hacked and people will loose money? If the former than earlier it was demanded in Fiat, Fiat is yet used by all. If the former it's difficult to hack into Bitcoins, it's highly secure. So I don't think there will be any effect whatsoever in the Bitcoin market.
joshy23

Activity: 1078
Merit: 256

View Profile
May 20, 2017, 05:38:59 PM

The advantage always comes with difficulty, bitcoin has a lot of advantages to grow, but it also has consequences stemming from bad guy behavior. We have to accept that.

Too bad for bitcoin. But I guess we can't do anything but to accept the fact that bad people will always find a way to exploit a system to take advantage just to satisfy their needs. I still believed that it won't cause a dent on bitcoin. It will just add fuel to the general public to see what bitcoin is and what it can offer for them. And for those against bitcoin, skeptics will try to attacked it because of the incident.
wxa7115

Activity: 2758
Merit: 716

View Profile
May 20, 2017, 06:28:10 PM

Bitcoin is not going to fall for such a small thing, this creates bad publicity of course, but think of it this way, windows machines are prone to get virus unlike mac and Linux machines and yet people keep using windows despite all the disadvantages, bitcoin will be the same, bitcoin will be used for bad stuff but most people will use it for good.
Qunenin

Activity: 966
Merit: 506

View Profile
May 20, 2017, 11:46:39 PM

Bitcoin is not going to fall for such a small thing, this creates bad publicity of course, but think of it this way, windows machines are prone to get virus unlike mac and Linux machines and yet people keep using windows despite all the disadvantages, bitcoin will be the same, bitcoin will be used for bad stuff but most people will use it for good.

Also see that Ransomeware has no negative impact on Bitcoin, We did not seen even the slightest dip of price in bitcoins on the Ransomware virus. We are now seeing the all time high price of bitcoins and i doubt it will ever fall down. Bitcoin has been no longer a pump dump coins which cannot be dumped on negatives news or anything like that.

.1xBit.com.
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████