Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 12:31:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Should I cancel my BFL 4/2/2013 Order?  (Read 7826 times)
Inaba
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2013, 01:01:33 AM

if you are so offended, why not ask for a refund?

I've got a better idea. How about you pay the 1000 BTC for the bet you lost over blowing your power usage estimates.

How exactly would that address Tehfiend's concerns. Oh that's right, it wouldn't.

Because that's what a normal person does when they are unhappy with a companies performance.  It's called "Vote with your wallet."  Look it up.

BFL products are not priced in BTC, your analogy is irrelevant, you might as well have used the price of oil or gold as a comparison.
Yep, they were priced in USD, USD from 9 months ago.

Ok, USD from 9 months ago... $1299.00 would be worth... wait for it... $1316.99 today.  (http://www.usinflationcalculator.com/)  

So yeah, might potentially be able to convince me that you would have paid $17 more back then than you would today.  Oh... but wait... that might not work out so well for you.  I can't quite put my finger on why...

If you're searching these lines for a point, you've probably missed it.  There was never anything there in the first place.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
DPoS

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 01:06:34 AM

I've got a better idea. How about you pay the 1000 BTC for the bet you lost over blowing your power usage estimates.

How exactly would that address Tehfiend's concerns. Oh that's right, it wouldn't.

Because that's what a normal person does when they are unhappy with a companies performance.  It's called "Vote with your wallet."  Look it up.

BFL products are not priced in BTC, your analogy is irrelevant, you might as well have used the price of oil or gold as a comparison.

Ok, USD from 9 months ago... $1299.00 would be worth... wait for it... $1316.99 today.  (http://www.usinflationcalculator.com/)  

So yeah, might potentially be able to convince me that you would have paid $17 more back then than you would today.  Oh... but wait... that might not work out so well for you.  I can't quite put my finger on why...

are you still debating this silly point?? is this the only argument you can win?

~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~Play Boardgames for Bitcoins!!~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~ Something I say help? Donate BTC! 1KN1K1xStzsgfYxdArSX4PEjFfcLEuYhid
Inaba
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2013, 01:14:37 AM

Because that's what a normal person does when they are unhappy with a companies performance.  It's called "Vote with your wallet."  Look it up.

Ok, USD from 9 months ago... $1299.00 would be worth... wait for it... $1316.99 today.  (http://www.usinflationcalculator.com/

So yeah, might potentially be able to convince me that you would have paid $17 more back then than you would today.  Oh... but wait... that might not work out so well for you.  I can't quite put my finger on why...

are you still debating this silly point?? is this the only argument you can win?

That and every other debate I enter into.  Disagree?  Post evidence.  Tired of people like you who make wild claims but are unable to back up their claims.  Thanks for playing though.

If you're searching these lines for a point, you've probably missed it.  There was never anything there in the first place.
Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 01:19:17 AM

Way to evade again, Josh. So when are you going to do the honorable thing and honor the bet ?

Clearly, you have not met your power targets despite all your previous hubris.

smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 01:28:05 AM

Because that's what a normal person does when they are unhappy with a companies performance.  It's called "Vote with your wallet."  Look it up.

Ok, USD from 9 months ago... $1299.00 would be worth... wait for it... $1316.99 today.  (http://www.usinflationcalculator.com/

So yeah, might potentially be able to convince me that you would have paid $17 more back then than you would today.  Oh... but wait... that might not work out so well for you.  I can't quite put my finger on why...

That and every other debate I enter into.  Disagree?  Post evidence.  Tired of people like you who make wild claims but are unable to back up their claims.  Thanks for playing though.

EVIDENCE: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=191600.0

You have an outstanding bet (on top of the BFL charity bet) for 1000 BTC to user Runeks.

Is that enough evidence for you not to ignore my post?

Someone quote me, he might have me on ignore lol.

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

ragingazn628 (OP)

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

Coin Generator

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2013, 01:38:29 AM

You have an outstanding bet (on top of the BFL charity bet) for 1000 BTC to user Runeks.

1000 BTC is chump change for him
PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1003

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 01:38:58 AM

"Vote with your wallet."

"Conn with your ads."
PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1003

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 01:40:38 AM

That and every other debate I enter into.  Disagree?  Post evidence. Tired of people like you who make wild claims but are unable to back up their claims.  Thanks for playing though.

Ahh shit...someone is going for broke...

Gambling with funds is bad for buisness.

Mods, if these bets are not fulfilled, isn't it time for a scammer tag?

2000 BTC = 273,985.06679 USD
smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 02:23:10 AM

Oh really?

Then why hasn't he made any effort to pay the debt?

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .

erk

Activity: 826
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 02:29:43 AM

And you could have withheld those USD and ordered the BFL product when it was actually in stock instead of opting for a pre-order. Your money, your choice.

bassclef

Activity: 924

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 03:47:34 AM

Oh really?

Because he's not going to. He originally made the bet with the intention of making people believe BFL would be a good investment, since he was risking his reputation on it. And people fell for it. It accomplished its mission, don't waste your time.
Inaba
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2013, 04:11:47 AM

But there's a flaw in your plan bassclef (and PuertoRetard, Smoothie and Frizz) ... I settled up with Runeks more than a week ago.  Awww, too bad.  Guess you guys really are dumbasses.  Here's what I propose, you three idiots get a scammer tag for posting verifiable false information for the past several days, trying to scam people into believing that BFL is a scam, when in truth, you folks are just lying sacks of shit.

smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 04:14:28 AM

Oh really?

Because he's not going to. He originally made the bet with the intention of making people believe BFL would be a good investment, since he was risking his reputation on it. And people fell for it. It accomplished its mission, don't waste your time.

It is not a waste of time:

SCENARIO HE PAYS 1000BTC:

He is now 1000 BTC short (whether it comes from his pocket or BFL customers' pockets)

SCENARIO HE DOESN'T PAY 1000 BTC:

He gets labeled a scammer (even if not literally) but figuratively because all who are watching on this forum will troll his ass about the bet HE NEVER PAID and COULDN'T BACK UP HIS BULLSHIT CLAIMS ON POWER/SPEED SPECS.

Either way it MATTERS and isn't a waste of time.

Time = Money

Customers gave BFL money 10 months ago = Customers gave BFL TIME 10 months ago.

Once again it isn't a waste of time pointing out this fact.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 04:15:06 AM

But there's a flaw in your plan bassclef (and PuertoRetard, Smoothie and Frizz) ... I settled up with Runeks more than a week ago.  Awww, too bad.  Guess you guys really are dumbasses.  Here's what I propose, you three idiots get a scammer tag for posting verifiable false information for the past several days, trying to scam people into believing that BFL is a scam, when in truth, you folks are just lying sacks of shit.

PROVE IT.  Tongue TALK IS CHEAP ESPECIALLY SINCE YOUR TALK ON THE PREMISE OF YOUR BET WAS FALSE AND YOU WERE PROVEN WRONG LOL

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 04:16:20 AM

Guess you guys really are dumbasses ... in truth, you folks are just lying sacks of shit.

Glass houses dude ! What the fuck man ?! Do you really lack that much self-awareness ? Good Christ !
smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 04:16:30 AM

But there's a flaw in your plan bassclef (and PuertoRetard, Smoothie and Frizz) ... I settled up with Runeks more than a week ago.  Awww, too bad.  Guess you guys really are dumbasses.  Here's what I propose, you three idiots get a scammer tag for posting verifiable false information for the past several days, trying to scam people into believing that BFL is a scam, when in truth, you folks are just lying sacks of shit.

Your dealings =/= BFL dealings

Your bet with Runeks was never confirmed publicly to my knowledge which has nothing to do with BFL directly.

Or does it? If it does then you just outted yourself as having a huge conflict of interest. Are you using BFL funds to pay Runeks or was it preorder moniez?? Please clarify the FACTs for us all.

PROVE YOU SETTLED the BET.  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

LOL fail again  Tongue

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 04:27:40 AM

The funny thing about Inaba is he is attempting to deflect based on no accusations that I have made.

Did I say he never paid? No.

In fact I even asked if someone could do the 24 power/speed test to finish the bet.

Nowhere did I ever claim that Inaba/Josh wasn't going to pay or didn't pay.

He calls me a "Lying sack of shit" when I haven't lied about anything on this topic of his bet with Runeks.

In fact I PMed Inaba and never got a response until just now. Which is fine.

What is bothersome is he continues to fling shit at us who ask questions and when we don't know the answer  he gives us the supposed answer (with no proof, so far) and calls us lying sacks of shit.

Defensive much?? lol

Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

bassclef

Activity: 924

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 04:43:18 AM

I see that this bully never grew up. Does name calling really make you feel better about yourself?

When your units ship as promised you won't have to deal with us anymore. In the meantime, I suggest you take a close look at how you carry yourself in public and how it affects your company's image. Then think about how it affects your customers, and finally think about how it affects yourself.
smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 05:20:24 AM

Post evidence. Tired of people like you who make wild claims but are unable to back up their claims.  Thanks for playing though.

Post evidence that you paid and settled with Runeks your bet of 1000BTC.

We too are tired of your wild claims that you have not backed up with fact and evidence.

PROVE IT.  Tongue

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

aeronautical

Activity: 62
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2013, 06:58:13 AM

Does anyone know what the delivery time is expected to be now if orded today? It seems to in constant flux.

1ANHKck2nyq82anGDwWDrBy3HJknDpkgzn  marioc@ieee.org
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: