Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 11:00:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Should I cancel my BFL 4/2/2013 Order?  (Read 7826 times)
ragingazn628 (OP)

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

Coin Generator

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2013, 01:33:05 PM

Ordered this almost a month ago. Looks like they're shipping but what will the ROI be assuming I get the monitor the earliest which will be July/August?

It's the 60GHash for $1300

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 01:34:09 PM

I would. But then again I never would have ordered in the first place.

Make your own decision.

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

Rampion
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 01:37:45 PM

I would cancel too. But it's your call...

lepenguin

Activity: 123
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 01:40:54 PM

ill buy your 60Gh at 1350
ragingazn628 (OP)

Coin Generator

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2013, 01:42:39 PM

ill buy your 60Gh at 1350

it's actually around $1350 with shipping haha, I'd rather play it safe and return it and get my money back via paypal.
FlappySocks

Activity: 546

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 01:49:29 PM

Try and sell it.  People are paying crazy money for ASICs that are unlikely to meet ROI.
ragingazn628 (OP)

Coin Generator

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2013, 01:58:13 PM

Try and sell it.  People are paying crazy money for ASICs that are unlikely to meet ROI.

good idea Smiley
minternj

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 02:07:26 PM

You just changed your mind  about getting a refund  to selling it in one post?

Warning about Nitrogensports.eu
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=709114.0
os2sam
Legendary

Activity: 3578
Merit: 1090

Think for yourself

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 02:10:37 PM

>>  Should I cancel my BFL 4/2/2013 Order?

Kind of defeats the purpose of placing an order.  But hey everyone needs a hobby I guess.

A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
A: Top-posting.
Q: What is the most annoying thing on usenet and in e-mail?
FlappySocks

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 02:17:12 PM

Kind of defeats the purpose of placing an order. 

Nothing wrong in changing your mind, especially when ROIs are being squeezed, and even more so when you dont have a specific shipping date.
os2sam
Legendary

Activity: 3578
Merit: 1090

Think for yourself

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 02:20:57 PM

Kind of defeats the purpose of placing an order. 

Nothing wrong in changing your mind, especially when ROIs are being squeezed, and even more so when you dont have a specific shipping date.

That situation is the same now as it was on April 2nd when he placed his order that he now may want to cancel.

A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
A: Top-posting.
Q: What is the most annoying thing on usenet and in e-mail?
Rampion
Legendary

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 02:23:28 PM

Nobody is going to buy an April order... For now. Maybe next year, when it's very likely that you will get it soon, somebody is going to be willing to pay for your preorder including a premium.... Or maybe not, because ROI will be impossible at that time.

Honestly, don't want to be rude, but I really cannot understand what crossed your mind when you pre-ordered in April. Maybe you are new and did not make any research? Maybe you thought BTC would skyrocket so even 0.0001BTC mined is worth it? No, sorry, last sentence has no sense, if you believed that you would just have bought BTC for the price of the miner.

So... what crossed your mind? Honest question.

Dyaheon

Activity: 121
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 02:26:31 PM

That situation is the same now as it was on April 2nd when he placed his order that he now may want to cancel.

Yeah. That said, better sell it rather than cancel. People are still ordering those 50GH units at $2.5k, so I'd think you get at least that.
FlappySocks

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 02:46:21 PM

That situation is the same now as it was on April 2nd

Not really.  Look at the DIY orders for Avalon chips that have been made since then. That's enough to give anyone cold feet.

Jeez, give the guy a break.  He is right to be concerned, and if he wants to cancel then it's no big deal.
grue
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1431

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 03:56:57 PM

Assuming BFL can even deliver a single (non prototype/review/dev/hype) 60 gh miner in May, you're likely to be getting your order late Q3 or Q4.

It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

Adblock for annoying signature ads | Enhanced Merit UI
ragingazn628 (OP)

Coin Generator

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2013, 04:36:00 PM

Nobody is going to buy an April order... For now. Maybe next year, when it's very likely that you will get it soon, somebody is going to be willing to pay for your preorder including a premium.... Or maybe not, because ROI will be impossible at that time.

Honestly, don't want to be rude, but I really cannot understand what crossed your mind when you pre-ordered in April. Maybe you are new and did not make any research? Maybe you thought BTC would skyrocket so even 0.0001BTC mined is worth it? No, sorry, last sentence has no sense, if you believed that you would just have bought BTC for the price of the miner.

what if someone who wants to order now from BFL ... why wouldn't they buy this one for a cheaper price and faster shipment?
SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 04:39:28 PM

Unlikely to meet ROI?

Let's see... on June 23, 2012, when preorders were opened up for BFL ASICs, difficulty was around 1.8 million.  Now, difficulty is just over 10 million.  That's a 5.5x increase.

And yet, on June 23, 2012, the expected return on investment would have been calculated using $6 as the price per BTC.  Now, the price is $140.  That's a 23x increase.

So it's actually 4 times as profitable now as it was when preorders first opened up.

BFL miners will be quite profitable for quite some time.  BFL would have to ship around 1.75 MILLION Single SC's in order for it to be unprofitable to run a Single SC at $0.08/kwh.
Rampion
Legendary

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 04:43:27 PM

what if someone who wants to order now from BFL ... why wouldn't they buy this one for a cheaper price and faster shipment?

Yeah, I thought you were offering the pre-order for a premium, I see is not the case, so yours is not a bad offer... But still is an April order, paying $1K for a unit you will get in 2014 is still quite crazy IMO.

BTW, honest question: what crossed your mind when you decided to order to BFL on April? You really thought they were going to deliver soon?

ragingazn628 (OP)

Coin Generator

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2013, 04:52:19 PM

Yeah, I thought you were offering the pre-order for a premium, I see is not the case, so yours is not a bad offer... But still is an April order, paying $1K for a unit you will get in 2014 is still quite crazy IMO.

BTW, honest question: what crossed your mind when you decided to order to BFL on April? You really thought they were going to deliver soon?

Because I felt stupid for not ordering Avalon when I had the chance... I literally had my bank info all typed in but decided it was too risky and closed all windows...
Rampion
Legendary

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 04:59:24 PM

Because I felt stupid for not ordering Avalon when I had the chance... I literally had my bank info all typed in but decided it was too risky and closed all windows...

Something similar happened to me with Avalon batch #2 - but then I prepared and bought batch #3. That's a gamble on its own...

And BTW: I also have a pre-order with BFL, but much earlier... And I paid in BTC (ouch!)

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: