Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 11:27:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Selling Bitcoin = Opportunity loss?!  (Read 13043 times)
bocyaj

Activity: 1326
Merit: 308

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 08:03:06 AM

I agree with you without doubt. October 2017 I sold .685 bitcoin in a one and half month period bitcoin is bounded to achieving 10000 USD just short of 500 USD I strongly believe that it will reach 20000 USD within 6 month. So I really missed the opportunity by selling my bitcoin

Some times it's a acceptable and it's like miss the opportunity.Two days back I was sell my itcoin with the price of 8300$,now it's greater than 9600$,I think you get my point .Nearly 1300$ increase in two days and nearly 400$ is loss for me.So you have to patience if you want more dollar.Patience is always make you win.

▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
███████████▀▌▄▀██████████
███████▄▄███████▄▄███████
██████▄███▀▀██▀██████████
█████████▌█████████▌█████
█████████▌█████████▌█████
██████████▄███▄███▀██████
████████████████▀▀███████
███████████▀▀▀███████████
█████████████████████████
▀█████▀▀████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
Peach
BTC bitcoin
Buy and Sell
Bitcoin P2P
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████████
██████▄
▄██
█████████████████▄
▄███████
██████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀

▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀
Available in
EUROPE | AFRICA
LATIN AMERICA
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

███████▄█
███████▀
██▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄
████████████▀
▐███████████▌
▐███████████▌
████████████▄
██████████████
███▀███▀▀███▀
Download on the
App Store
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

▄██▄
██████▄
█████████▄
████████████▄
███████████████
████████████▀
█████████▀
██████▀
▀██▀
GET IT ON
Google Play
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
shawn995

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 08:21:19 AM

I agree with you without doubt. October 2017 I sold .685 bitcoin in a one and half month period bitcoin is bounded to achieving 10000 USD just short of 500 USD I strongly believe that it will reach 20000 USD within 6 month. So I really missed the opportunity by selling my bitcoin

Some times it's a acceptable and it's like miss the opportunity.Two days back I was sell my itcoin with the price of 8300$,now it's greater than 9600$,I think you get my point .Nearly 1300$ increase in two days and nearly 400$ is loss for me.So you have to patience if you want more dollar.Patience is always make you win.

Yes it is true ... selling of the bitcoin is the loss of opportunity to make some income with bitcoin, it is also the loss of the wealth that will be created for you by bitcoin in the future. bitcoin make opportunity to make income and if you sold it  mean that you loss the opportunity to make some income with bitcoin. as we have seen the rates in market raised in 2 week from 6K$ to 9K$. it mean 3k$ income in 2 week if you does not sold your bitcoin
Hotrod_88

Activity: 420

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 08:49:49 AM

Many posts discuss the possibility of exchange earnings with selling Bitcoin (and buy later). Other posts discuss the Bitcoin exchange rate, it seems that many agree there is a strong upward tendency and the volatility is hard to predict. It seems dat selling Bitcoin results in a serious probability of an opportunity loss. Selling Bitcoin can only be motivated by an (partial) exit. Do you agree?

They will definitely lose the opportunity of getting the profit that they should have because we all know that the bitcoins are volatile and any moment bitcoins can either fall or rise no one can tell us when will be the exact time for it to neither fall mor rise. The only thing we can do it hold our coins as long as we can because the bitcoins price always rise than falling, theybrise more than they fall and they always rise every after a fall so there is no meed to panic. My advice is do not sell you bitcoins for no reason because you might need it to become rich.
charmaine08

Activity: 210
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 01:03:52 PM

It depends on the people who are holding it .
waynechong1995

Activity: 644
Merit: 117

swing!

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2017, 01:22:28 PM

It's true if you look at current situation, when you look at current situation, only those frequent traders could maximize their profits with the market, the rate of true 'lost' is not observable when somebody sell it early and buy it back on higher price which imposes another risks to ripping their profits off. You either have to holding very long or trade so frequently almost everyday to handle this volatile market, it's very difficult to predict its down or uptrend these days, it's far too bullish to handle appropriately thus sell partial is a viable strategy for me.

Qartersa

Activity: 868
Merit: 535

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 01:42:32 PM

It's true if you look at current situation, when you look at current situation, only those frequent traders could maximize their profits with the market, the rate of true 'lost' is not observable when somebody sell it early and buy it back on higher price which imposes another risks to ripping their profits off. You either have to holding very long or trade so frequently almost everyday to handle this volatile market, it's very difficult to predict its down or uptrend these days, it's far too bullish to handle appropriately thus sell partial is a viable strategy for me.

Not quite. Although to be honest, I am leaning towards a YES. I need not say more about this, you can see it in the news on how much the price of Bitcoin escalated in a little amount of time. But looking on the brighter side, you would need to consider how much money you invested and how much it grew within a specified amount of time. If you earned/profited at least 10% of how much you invested within a year of operating, then you should know it is a viable business that has a potential to grow. 
vegethegreat

Activity: 129

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 01:52:49 PM

In my opinion selling is also a safess way to secure your capital.. It is better to wiser sometimes. Because being greedy will lead you to a big loss most of the time.
bribed

Activity: 238

View Profile
November 27, 2017, 02:02:44 PM

This always depends on where the price is going. If you are not familiar with TA and trading in general, I would not do it and just hold, as there are still good gains to be made with BTC, but if you are a good analyst and are serious about predicting the market, you can do it, many traders multiply their BTC like that. Swingtrading its called I guess.
plusquantu

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 08:56:02 PM

At some point, you might presume this idea is true but every trade is an opportunity to learn in bitcoin industry. So, don't focus on the loss but more on the additional information you'll get when you sell bitcoin.
Ewinsane

Activity: 980
Merit: 523

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 01:04:38 PM

This always depends on where the price is going. If you are not familiar with TA and trading in general, I would not do it and just hold, as there are still good gains to be made with BTC, but if you are a good analyst and are serious about predicting the market, you can do it, many traders multiply their BTC like that. Swingtrading its called I guess.
So far it has been correct and it would remain correct for coming years. Bitcoin is actually just getting started as now it is highly supported by people. Now it is attracting masses from all over the world. Permanent selling out of a Bitcoin will become a regret for the holder but for people like traders, they need to sell and buy with time or else they cannot make any progress in their profession.
$$$sparkles$$$

Activity: 350

View Profile WWW
December 01, 2017, 01:46:59 PM

Many posts discuss the possibility of exchange earnings with selling Bitcoin (and buy later). Other posts discuss the Bitcoin exchange rate, it seems that many agree there is a strong upward tendency and the volatility is hard to predict. It seems dat selling Bitcoin results in a serious probability of an opportunity loss. Selling Bitcoin can only be motivated by an (partial) exit. Do you agree?
This is most probable at current rate and trend. So if you sold your Bitcoins before September 2017, you may have considered hanging yourself or shooting yourself in the head!  Grin If that were the case, you would have lost a significant amount of profit...

Gracechen17

Activity: 367
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 10:57:57 PM

I can agree since i believe bitcoin have lots of potential and bright future. But, sell bitcoin might be great idea for those who think bitcoin problem can't be resolved or the price can't grow much anymore.
So, it depends on what people believe.
ya. everything about bitcoin is just speculation. speculating that it is going to rise and it is going to fall. so it just depend on the person's decision. anyway it is his holdings so it is only he who can decide whether to sell or to keep. no one can tell and even those who had predicted in the past that bitcoin is not going to last long has already been put to shame so it will only take personal decision.
Chanock

Activity: 476
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 08, 2017, 11:45:09 PM

Yea it correct that selling now of bitcoin will loss your opportunity to gain profit. The reason why some investor and even small scale bitcoin earners are holding bitcoin now is because the bitcoin price is continuously increasing and their have a chance to earn and gain more profit prom it. That's why selling of bitcoin now is hard to do because if sell your bitcoin now you will lose your opportunity to gain simultaneous in bitcoin.
reijusama2583

Activity: 260

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2017, 11:51:06 PM

Well I think it was definitely no because the value of the bitcoin was not stable maybe now it was very well known that's why the value of it was very expensive if you sell it now I think there is a lot of opportunities that will come it can be invested in a business or any aspects that your money can grew. If you sell a bitcoin nothing will lost because the value is not stable and when you sell it maybe a tons of opportunities will come and nothing will lost. Bitcoin was very helpful to everyone that's why it is expensive but we cannot guarantee if the value of it goes down, up or remains the same.
BeGoods
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1008

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 12:41:53 AM

Totally agree with previous posts. It's not good time for selling bitcoin, unless you have quite a big amount and don't mind getting rid of one btc Grin I would even say it is tim for buying since the price will climb up rapidly and every day the good opportunity to buy at a reasonable price is vanishing
yeah agree when the price is experiencing an upward trend like this may be a waste of time if you sell your bitcoin because of course the price will be higher than now in the next few days and then you will lose. it would be better if you hold back and then buy or collect more bitcoin
Omega Weapon

Activity: 1092
Merit: 501

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 03:39:24 AM

Well the post has been proven prophetic, and this is something that I think as well, for someone like me there is no point in selling just a portion of my bitcoin since I believe that bitcoin is going to reach very high prices in the future, so if I sold part of my bitcoin now, I may secure some profits but I will be unable to get all the profits that bitcoin is going to generate in the next year and I do not want to miss any of that.
TheServerDown

Activity: 73
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 03:51:13 AM

It is not a profit lost when you sold it at a high price. Thr price will get higher and hiigher as the days go by. Opportunity never stops.
nidacoinlove

Activity: 588
Merit: 254

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 04:42:12 AM

Totally agree with previous posts. It's not good time for selling bitcoin, unless you have quite a big amount and don't mind getting rid of one btc Grin I would even say it is tim for buying since the price will climb up rapidly and every day the good opportunity to buy at a reasonable price is vanishing
yeah agree when the price is experiencing an upward trend like this may be a waste of time if you sell your bitcoin because of course the price will be higher than now in the next few days and then you will lose. it would be better if you hold back and then buy or collect more bitcoin
The problem here with the bitcoin users is that there is a small number of users who could hardly predict the accurate or near to accuracy that what's going to happen with bitcoin price. In my opinion bitcoin is purchased for the reason to sell with profit and buy back in  a low value but it doesn't work all the time. Sometime things go against your thinking and you have to develop a strategy to get good for yourself from it.
I guess day before yesterday was a right time when BTC price was above $17K to sell and even now is a good time to buy back.
ice18

Activity: 2492
Merit: 542

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 05:09:17 AM

Maybe yes because selling your bitcoins at this point of the year will make you regrets but also selling is profitable because of high value so you have to balance what is the best thing to do right now if youre in need of money then its time to sell and if youre a long term holder then hodl it for more profit.

LordDisick

Activity: 322
Merit: 105

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 12:53:19 PM

In my opinion selling is also a safess way to secure your capital.. It is better to wiser sometimes. Because being greedy will lead you to a big loss most of the time.

I'm quite agree with you there, its not really a loss if you sell your bitcoin as long as you've gain profit from it. For me Its okay to sell my profits but i will keep my capital because i know that bitcoin price is going to increase more. And i also believe that it depend on the person needs why they end up selling their bitcoin.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  

Jump to: