Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 12:23:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Selling Bitcoin = Opportunity loss?!  (Read 13043 times)
ict

Activity: 466
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 01:03:55 PM

sell your bitcoin is not losing your profit. if you sell your bitcoin in high price, just wait until bitcoin price decrease and than you can buy it again. and you can do this one repeatedly. i think you will get more profit than you wait for long time and than sell them all. but everyone have different way to multiple their bitcoin

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Kizaki

Activity: 413
Merit: 250

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 01:05:10 PM

At this time yes it will be a opportunity loss if you will sell your bitcoins now because anything may happen and bitcoin may rise and rise even more and break again on its shell

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
Paul Pogba

Activity: 1232
Merit: 12

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 04:22:41 PM

For now and tomorrow yes, we all know that bitcoin prices are skyrocketing and we will regret if we sell now, be patient and hold bitcoin for some time is the best option rather than selling.
THAHIRHAJI

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 04:31:52 PM

My policy is don't be so greedy as it is human nature we cannot avoid also practically I agreed. My suggestion is book your profit it is always safe for any investor if you give time anything can happen don't miss the chance to get book your profit if bitcoin take reverse swing then you can make reentry also. Don't think of holding one day you have to sell why not book the profit now itself.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●   DIMPAY  ●  Invest for Tomorrow. Today.   ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
❱❱❱  Facebook  ❱❱❱  Twitter  ❱❱❱  Telegram  ❱❱❱
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●  ❱❱  PRE-ICO | December, 04th 2017  ❱❱  ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
[/color]
coinfinger

Activity: 1638
Merit: 278

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 07:57:26 PM

sell your bitcoin is not losing your profit. if you sell your bitcoin in high price, just wait until bitcoin price decrease and than you can buy it again. and you can do this one repeatedly. i think you will get more profit than you wait for long time and than sell them all. but everyone have different way to multiple their bitcoin
Buying and selling is a part of trade and business it is not concerned with any opportunity. I think there is nothing to lose in selling your bitcoin. The selling of bitcoin depend on the profit which it is giving to you and also depends on one's need for money. If someone sell his bitcoins then I think he is not losing any opportunity but he can purchase some more bitcoins with that money after some time.
Vaskiy
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1105

Tontogether | Save Smart & Win Big

View Profile
December 09, 2017, 08:13:01 PM

Buying and selling is a part of trade and business it is not concerned with any opportunity. I think there is nothing to lose in selling your bitcoin. The selling of bitcoin depend on the profit which it is giving to you and also depends on one's need for money. If someone sell his bitcoins then I think he is not losing any opportunity but he can purchase some more bitcoins with that money after some time.
Yes, the user gets upon the value of each bitcoin by the time of selling. If he has done it on requirement, then it is good and if he has made it on panic it is surely opportunity loss. I experienced the same with the recent price pumping. I sold when the price was around $14000 and all of the sudden the growth went reaching as high above $18000.

Gabb

Activity: 392
Merit: 105

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 09:53:09 PM

Many posts discuss the possibility of exchange earnings with selling Bitcoin (and buy later). Other posts discuss the Bitcoin exchange rate, it seems that many agree there is a strong upward tendency and the volatility is hard to predict. It seems dat selling Bitcoin results in a serious probability of an opportunity loss. Selling Bitcoin can only be motivated by an (partial) exit. Do you agree?

I totally agree. Due to my background as a trader in different markets, my financial education led me to believe that selling at the supposed "resistance levels" was always the best decision. Motivated by that, I sold a large part of my bitcoins at $1300, thinking that the price would soon return to $800 and I would buy again.

That never happened, I lost a lot of bitcoins at a ridiculous price and now it is increasingly difficult to find opportunities to buy bitcoins at affordable prices.
cryptokitty

Activity: 420
Merit: 100

Global Blockchain Solution For Transportation

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 10:05:34 PM

It depends on how you handle it. Selling bitcoin can be an opportunity and even loss, it is your choice. If you sell at the higher price you can earn more and buy again when it is at the lower value.
riderinred

Activity: 162
Merit: 24

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 10:33:12 PM

In my opinion selling BTC wihtout the intention to rebuy, before it hits at least 100k is definitely an oppurtinity loss.

Log regression of btc price shows potential of $1M per BTC. So you see where this is heading Grin

You are your worst enemy and your best ally.
I am just some guy with a keyboard.
Crytpozer0

Activity: 148

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 10:47:18 PM

It is surely not an opportunity loss, why should it even be a loss if someone makes or has made good profits on selling bitcoin, it has risen too quickly and now we have to accept the fact that the market will be heavily manipulated by those big investors, if you have made some good profits you can take 60% and stress about 40% if you think it is a loss.

Finestream

Activity: 3024
Merit: 604

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 01:49:54 AM

In my opinion selling BTC wihtout the intention to rebuy, before it hits at least 100k is definitely an oppurtinity loss.

Log regression of btc price shows potential of $1M per BTC. So you see where this is heading Grin
That could always based on our target, if we don't believe it will reach that high and our target is very conservative then selling at a profit is not an opportunity lose, we never really can tell what will happen in the future and the more we hold the risk is still their. I think we need to sell some to take profit and reward ourselves and just hold some for longer term, it's a journey where we have to believe our prediction in the future will happen.

Scallywag

Activity: 249

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 02:02:18 AM

The thing is you will never know what is the right thing to do , but everybody who sold their btc before this summer basically sold it to low.
The point is that is doesn't make their decision wrong , btc can crash anytime . First lets see what will happen when the futures start trading.
kiloiko

Activity: 339
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 01:05:53 PM

It always depends upon your trading style and goals. If you are active trader then it is great opportunity to sell Bitcoin at present rate and then buy again when the price fell down but if you are thinking for long term investment then you can wait more. Yes everyone has their own strategies and it is important to make best use of each and every opportunity.
Jating

Activity: 2912
Merit: 808

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 01:49:41 PM

It always depends upon your trading style and goals. If you are active trader then it is great opportunity to sell Bitcoin at present rate and then buy again when the price fell down but if you are thinking for long term investment then you can wait more. Yes everyone has their own strategies and it is important to make best use of each and every opportunity.

Of course that's the best and proven solution that everyone is using. Selling at a top price ( depends on how you see what could be the top price), then buying again when the price drops. Actually I'm talking to a trader right now and he said that he dump a few at $15,6xx and thinking it couldn't go higher anymore. I said to him don't regret your decision ( sounds that he is regretting because the price shoots up to above $16K at the moment), you made the call which you think is the correct one for you. Just advise to wait for the price to at least drop before entering again.

I also dumped a few above $16K, but I'm all good no regrets whatsoever, although I believed that the price could go around $18K at the end of the year. And I don't think that it is a opportunity lost, money is today is the same as money tomorrow. A lost is when you buy at the top price and then sell it a low price because you panic. I already earn a good amount of profit at $16K.
A.H.Rassel

Activity: 560
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 02:33:30 PM

Bitcoins have the awesome potential currency right now.
I think bitcoin pump toward the finish of the year once more, at this value offering isn't lost the opportunity
It's great to get you more benefit on the off chance that you do offering at the right time
jackiemixon2

Activity: 81
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 02:50:16 PM

Yeah it could be but only happened when you're not buying Bitcoin back Cheesy. Sell at high price and buy when low price is doubling your opportunities.
Tungsten-1

Activity: 994
Merit: 256

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 07:19:42 PM

Yes, the user gets upon the value of each bitcoin by the time of selling. If he has done it on requirement, then it is good and if he has made it on panic it is surely opportunity loss. I experienced the same with the recent price pumping. I sold when the price was around $14000 and all of the sudden the growth went reaching as high above $18000.
I think a person loss nothing when he sell his bitcoins because selling and buying is a part of trade and it can’t be ignored. No one can hold their bitcoin for life time, one day he/she must sell them because holding your bitcoin for life time doesn’t cause any benefit. If some think that he can be benefited by selling his bitcoins then I think he should sell his bitcoin.
Edsemen

Activity: 413

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 09:36:47 PM

For now, selling bitcoin may be a good opportunity since bitcoin increase $ 1750 and decrease $ 1700 and keep repeat over many days which I made some profit recently.
Bitcoin is unique so you need learn unique way to trade your bitcoin for profit
Thats right for now selling is good and no opportunity loses.  If we must hunting for the better one were going to sell for this price because we all dont know whats tomorrow's value have. Well selling is a act that you must decide to choose if your releasing it or still holding, maybe others will still holding for the sake of gaining more and bigger value but for me if we sell now their is always a tomorrow to trade again and again.

ivrynx

Activity: 518
Merit: 103

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 10:10:23 PM

I think it depends upon how you look at it, since we are investing in bitcoin, we all have our goals, if you only have a short term for bitcoin, once you sell it at a high price or a low price, whether you have gains or not, it will be upon your discretion, once you have hit you goal, i do not see any opportunity that is lost, however if you are planning to invest bitcoin in the long run, it and you had sodl even just a portion, i do not see it as a lost as well, since you are investing it only means you want to gain more bitcoins, but if you bought one today and sodl it, an opportunity is lost, since there is much potential for growth, still it eill depend on your judgement, whether you have hit your goal or not.
innocent93
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 10:15:22 PM

Many posts discuss the possibility of exchange earnings with selling Bitcoin (and buy later). Other posts discuss the Bitcoin exchange rate, it seems that many agree there is a strong upward tendency and the volatility is hard to predict. It seems dat selling Bitcoin results in a serious probability of an opportunity loss. Selling Bitcoin can only be motivated by an (partial) exit. Do you agree?
Yes in deed, you have pointed in the right way the issue. I agree with you mate. Once you sell the opportunity is gone.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  

Jump to: