Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 12:08:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Selling Bitcoin = Opportunity loss?!  (Read 13043 times)
thedarksun

Activity: 639
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 10:23:41 PM

Many posts discuss the possibility of exchange earnings with selling Bitcoin (and buy later). Other posts discuss the Bitcoin exchange rate, it seems that many agree there is a strong upward tendency and the volatility is hard to predict. It seems dat selling Bitcoin results in a serious probability of an opportunity loss. Selling Bitcoin can only be motivated by an (partial) exit. Do you agree?
Selling bitcoin is the last thing that you could do with crypto, if you want to go away and just sell everything to make dollars from it then sell bitcoin cause it is running machine with making dollars only by holding it.
Zooplus
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 10:35:01 PM

Many posts discuss the possibility of exchange earnings with selling Bitcoin (and buy later). Other posts discuss the Bitcoin exchange rate, it seems that many agree there is a strong upward tendency and the volatility is hard to predict. It seems dat selling Bitcoin results in a serious probability of an opportunity loss. Selling Bitcoin can only be motivated by an (partial) exit. Do you agree?
Selling bitcoin is the last thing that you could do with crypto, if you want to go away and just sell everything to make dollars from it then sell bitcoin cause it is running machine with making dollars only by holding it.
I would only sell if I really need the money, if not I will surely treasure my bitcoins and I am willing to hold it for longer period of time.
Witnessing how the value has skyrocketed, I think there will be more to come in the future so the value of my bitcoin keeps growing and growing.
Bellator

Activity: 826
Merit: 501

View Profile
December 13, 2017, 10:37:26 PM

I agree, we should hold it for the future and if you sell it right away without any plans of investing it for the future, well its a matter of serious thoughts. Its never been an opportunity loss when you sell directly as long as it earns good, but always think for another passive income despite of how difficult it is.

nightmanisrightman

Activity: 252
Merit: 101

Global Risk Exchange - gref.io

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 01:33:17 AM

Kind of yes but the more important thing is what happens after the fact. If bitcoin goes down and you can enter again earning you more bitcoins you have essentially gained in value if bitcoin goes back up. But if bitcoin continues to go up then you have missed out but I like to view that as a sacrifice to the bitcoin gods. Do what you must but it is getting harder everyday to only take out my living expenses and that is currently. It will be even tougher next year I imagine.

▐▐ █     GRE   ≣   GLOBAL RISK EXCHANGE     █ ▌▌
━━  ((     Whitepaper     |     ANN Thread     ))  ━━
Telegram       Medium       Facebook       Twitter       Github
MarkusIsaiah

Activity: 252
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 01:43:07 AM

In my opinion, the opportunity loss if you sell all your coins and you never returned to gain some of bitcoin. dont stop to earn bitcoin so that the opportunity won't loss. bitcoin can give you infinite earnings and try to saved some of your bitcoin. we all know many of us sell some bitcoin its our choice but you need to save some so that if the price increase you benefit to it. you will not loss the opportunity to earn.
Joshapat

Activity: 1526
Merit: 255

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 03:55:22 AM

For now bitcoin prices will continue to rise, many people believe that the price will reach $ 25k before christmas so selling now will make us regret because it lost the opportunity to get bigger profit.

▄▄███▄    ▄███▄▄
     ▄▀▀    █    █    ▀▀▄
    ██    ▄▄▀    ▀▄▄    ██
    ▀▄▄▄█▀▀        ▀▀█▄▄▄▀
  ▄▄█▀█▄              ▄█▀█▄▄
▄█▀     ▀▀█▄     ▄▄█▀▀     ▀█▄
██          ▀█▄▄█▀          ██
▀█▄     ▄▄▄█▀▀  ▀▀▀▄▄▄     ▄█▀
  ▀█▄▄▄▀▀            ▀▀▄▄▄█▀
   █▀▀▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▀▀█
   ██  ▀▀▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▀  ██
    ▀▄     █      █     ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▀      ▀▄▄▄▀▀
cogwise
  ▄
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █

█
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █
  ▀
Hyper-charge your trading with intelligent insights   ▄
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █

█
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █
  ▀
▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄███
███▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄███
███▀               ████
███▄              █████
████▄            ██████
█████▄▄        ▄███████
████▄       ▄██████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████▀▀█████
███████████▀▀▀    █████
██████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ██████
███▄     ▄█▀     ██████
██████▄ █▀      ███████
███████▌▐       ███████
████████ ▄██▄  ████████
██████████████▄████████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
█████  ▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▀███████
█████  █████  ██▄▀█████
█████  █▀▀██▄▄▄▄  █████
█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████

█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████
█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████
█████  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀

Viscore

Activity: 3052
Merit: 647

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 04:58:18 AM

For now bitcoin prices will continue to rise, many people believe that the price will reach $ 25k before christmas so selling now will make us regret because it lost the opportunity to get bigger profit.
I think that is not possible this year, we are stable at $16,000 and the year will end soon.
We can have that next year because this year we already have so much growth, still a good year and we are hoping the next year it will surpass the success today.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
EiKaGlaShPriSAThWEl

Activity: 182
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 05:16:20 AM

I think it depends upon the situation. It is not always losing opportunity when someone sell his/her bitcoin. If he/she sell his/her bitcoin when the price is high then after the bitcoin was sold, bitcoin price crash then that is good. The only difficult thing when it comes to bitcoin is to determine if the price will up or down. That is why "take the risk"

▆▆▆ ▅▅▅ ▃▃▃ ▂▂▂ W H A L E  M A K E R  ▂▂▂ ▃▃▃ ▅▅▅ ▆▆▆
⚫ ⚫ ⚫  A  F U N D R A I S I N G  P L A T F O R M  F O R  M A S S I V E  D I S R U P T I O N  ⚫ ⚫ ⚫
▬▬▬▬▬   ANN Thread   █   Oceanpaper   ☻   Twitter   ☻   Telegram   ▬▬▬▬▬
BitcoinCommodor

Activity: 504
Merit: 106

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 05:22:22 AM

sell your bitcoin is not losing your profit. if you sell your bitcoin in high price, just wait until bitcoin price decrease and than you can buy it again. and you can do this one repeatedly. i think you will get more profit than you wait for long time and than sell them all. but everyone have different way to multiple their bitcoin
It always depends upon your trading style and goals. If you are active trader then it is great opportunity to sell Bitcoin at present rate and then buy again when the price fell down but if you are thinking for long term investment then you can wait more. Yes everyone has their own strategies and it is important to make best use of each and every opportunity.
I don’t think so that selling bit coin is losing an opportunity. Because we cannot predict its future vale some time we assume that prices will be high. There is no doubt that there is a great potential and great future of bit coin in crypto currency market.

But we have no guarantee about it. SO I think holding bitcoin is a risk and selling on a big profit is a good thing.  Anyways, it varies from person to person.
Natsuu

Activity: 1134
Merit: 158

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 05:25:20 AM

I think it depends upon the situation. It is not always losing opportunity when someone sell his/her bitcoin. If he/she sell his/her bitcoin when the price is high then after the bitcoin was sold, bitcoin price crash then that is good. The only difficult thing when it comes to bitcoin is to determine if the price will up or down. That is why "take the risk"
Yes it is not losing opportunity for selling bitcoin but for what i see saving it is a better opportunity. But for those who hesitate that bitcoin will crash or take higher value in the future selling half and saving the other half is better than taking risk selling/saving all.

deejayce48

Activity: 185

A sports token that knows your favorite team

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 05:33:11 AM

By definition, opportunity loss is a potential gain that you loss when you choose a certain decision. When you analyze further it is not an opportunity loss if you sold your Bitcoin at profit. If you sold it at loss, then we can say it is an opportunity loss.

│  F Λ N C H Λ I N   by SportsCastr   │    A sports token that knows your favorite team
(    Private Sale OPEN on QRYPΓOS    )          ►   WHITEPAPER   ◄
[        TWITTER        FACEBOOK        REDDIT        ANN THREAD        TELEGRAM        INSTAGRAM        ]
Viscore

Activity: 3052
Merit: 647

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 05:47:54 AM

By definition, opportunity loss is a potential gain that you loss when you choose a certain decision. When you analyze further it is not an opportunity loss if you sold your Bitcoin at profit. If you sold it at loss, then we can say it is an opportunity loss.
If you will not buy again and bitcoin continue its success then for sure you lose the opportunity to make money.
Sometimes we also need to sell to take profit, and knowing the value of bitcoin could dump sometimes, we can still buy back at a cheap price and make profit again.

███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
The Alchemlst

Activity: 350

BITDEPOSITARY - Make ICO's , More Secure

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2017, 09:53:59 AM

Well its not likely a loss when you earn enough profit from it, you will have to sell your bitcoin eventually and as long as you hold long enough and sold it without cutting any loss then I think you still make the most of the opportunity that investing to bitcoin gave.

romeitaly

Activity: 308
Merit: 108

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 10:05:32 AM

It seems that it is indeed an opporuntity loss of earning bigger prkfit in the future. Holding will be a wiser way with regards to Bitcoin. Its market value at this moment is already exoensive but since it is still expected to be MORE  expensive in the future, holding rather than selling would be an advantage to earn more profit from Bitcoin in the future.

██████████ BitcoinCleanUp.comDebunking Bitcoin's Energy Use ██████████
██████████                Twitter#EndTheFUD                 ██████████
danpaz

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 10:37:03 AM

Yes indeed, selling your bitcoin is making you become less millionaire, at by the time this post is correct the price of bitcoin is still low and now on December you can see that your title of this thread is correct.
Tukang Becak

Activity: 896
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 10:49:58 AM

Yes right opinion, today bitcoin prices tend to rise, users are rapidly increasing to be a rapidly increasing factor, bitcoin selling will now regret and will not get a chance for bigger profit in the future.
goaldigger

Activity: 2366
Merit: 356

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 10:56:50 AM

It is really up to your strategy. Some people sell bitcoins to buy an altcoins when they saw that the bitcoin is stable and return back to bitcoin when its price are going to bubble. I dont think its an opportunity loss because the opportunity in this digital trading is never ending. You should risk to earn.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
PLAY NOW
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
uzumaki

Activity: 156

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 11:05:29 AM

Bitcoin volatility is so extreeme, I think its depend on how smart we are. We have to find time when bitcoin is reach the highest point in that period, and its so hard, no body can do that. I think the best time to sell is only when bitcoin price is rise about 30%, why? Because many investors are enogh with it then they will sell their bitcoin to get the profit.
Godric-Gryffindor

Activity: 319
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 11:22:44 AM

If you sell your bitcoin at by the time your post is created then you loss so much opportunity in holding it for more long if not then I'm glad you didn't sell because the price of Bitcoin is still going up for more
zanezane

Activity: 868
Merit: 150

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 12:09:20 PM

Selling it doesn't mean you're a loser but you're just being a human that sometimes you need to sell some for your personal needs. Yeah in some aspect your opportunity to be rich will be lessen but there's a thing that they call buy back method so still you have again the opportunity to make it grow. You see the chances here are unlimited and it's all up to you how you utilize it.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  

Jump to: