Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 08:54:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BFL Wafer Broke?  (Read 13660 times)
mobodick

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 04, 2013, 08:20:03 AM

The problem is, for everyone one of you that says NO WAY IN HELL there are three others that are refreshed by the fact that I don't cater to whiny customers, so the point is really moot. 

Great way to piss all over your customers, Josh.
It really condenses your past behaviour in one simple post.
Bravo.

The thing is: I'm a customer - and enjoy watching josh smack down the liars and the morons. Too often people in general (and companies chasing 'customer satisfaction') resort to giving hugs and wiping various orifices of their customers with soft tissue paper.

If more of us were honest and willing to be vocal about it the world wouldn't be in nearly the state that it's in.

Keep it up Josh.

Define honesty.
In my book BFL has been dishonest multiple times over the past 6 months or so.
They have made promisses they could not possibly keep.
They were deliberately advertising in a way that makes it look like they will ship soon when in reality they fully knew it they won't meet any published dates.
The dispensing of information was deliberately all over the place. While their forum has an announcement section most of the important facts were communicated in chats, blogs or external fora. Most of the information about them being late was communicated after they were ideed late and then it usually turned out that they already must have known they were going to be late before they were actually late.

So if you want to talk honesty, sure, but leave BFL out of it.
BFL is only as honest as they feel they need to be and with all the greedy buyers they don't actually have to. Beause of their position they can be dishonest bastards AND sell their asics.
jordaninthesky

Activity: 117
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 04, 2013, 08:36:39 AM

We are looking for Poutine now... not waffles.

... I mean, say what you will about the French Canadian's, but goddamn do they ever come up with great comfort food.

Good lord. That looks amazingly disgusting.

man these waffles taste like the best distraction ever! nice way to turn a BFL bitch-fest into a mouth waterer!

Personally that looks pre-digested.  Is that gravy??

I like cheese, bread, and honey.  Potatoes are for famines, only.

BFL would probably lose everything if audited at this point..
kano
Legendary

Activity: 4508
Merit: 1819

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
May 04, 2013, 08:42:54 AM

Met these people in my life many times and like Josh I am sure late at night when he is alone (I am sure he is alone a lot ) ... he is Sooooooooooooooooooo happy...lol
And yet ... I can certainly say in this case you are wrong ... don't you hate it when you assume something based on nothing at all and it's bullshit Smiley

Might you have some ... how do I put this delicately ... intimate knowledge in these matters ? Wink

Oh wait. That's common now...
I went to BFL in February - as I wrote a blog about ... and anyone except those who're noobs or stupid would already know.
Oddly enough I met everyone that was there at BFL that week and in Josh's case I even had lunch/dinner with him with his wife, twice ... as I said in my short blog.

But anyway, I'd not expect those who enjoy making up crap to bother to correlate reality with the fiction that floats around in their disturbed minds ...
Fiction is probably way more fun than their shitty lives Smiley

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
jordaninthesky

Activity: 117
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 04, 2013, 08:48:34 AM

Met these people in my life many times and like Josh I am sure late at night when he is alone (I am sure he is alone a lot ) ... he is Sooooooooooooooooooo happy...lol
And yet ... I can certainly say in this case you are wrong ... don't you hate it when you assume something based on nothing at all and it's bullshit Smiley

Might you have some ... how do I put this delicately ... intimate knowledge in these matters ? Wink

I went to BFL in February - as I wrote a blog about ... and anyone except those who're noobs or stupid would already know.
Oddly enough I met everyone that was there at BFL that week and in Josh's case I even had lunch/dinner with him with his wife, twice ... as I said in my short blog.

But anyway, I'd not expect those who enjoy making up crap to bother to correlate reality with the fiction that floats around in their disturbed minds ...

I'd rather not think about Josh having a wife, because the children will probably be another reason for the delays.

And Kano.  You suck.  February, huh?
Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 04, 2013, 08:54:20 AM
Last edit: May 04, 2013, 09:07:44 AM by Bitcoinorama

Wow, the arrogance is incredible.

Rate yourself much?

I appreciate you're a developer for one of the two main mining softwares. But for all intense and purposes you're an unknown hiding behind a pseudonym on an Internet forum, what on earth propels you to the upper echelons of assumption to believe that everyone but n00bs or the stupid would choose to willingly spend their free time following you?

Get a grip man! Some people do things outside and away from computers.

Should someone wish to follow you, you don't even help your cause by supplying a link in your signature.

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp
mobodick

Activity: 840

View Profile
May 04, 2013, 09:05:20 AM
Last edit: May 04, 2013, 09:38:52 AM by mobodick

Wow, the arrogance is unbelievable.

Rate yourself much?

Who are you?

I appreciate you're a developer for one of the two main mining softwares. But for all intense and purposes you're an unknown hiding behind a pseudonym on an Internet forum, what on earth propels you to the upper echelons of assumption to believe that everyone but n00bs or the stupid would choose to willingly spend their free time following you?

For all intensive purposes should someone wish to follow you, you don't even help your cause by supplying a link in your signature.

Chill out dude, you're way too sensitive for these forums.
Currently we are exploring whether BFLs waffles broke. Soon Josh will have a midwife crisis..
philips

Activity: 700

View Profile
May 04, 2013, 09:06:39 AM

Wow, the arrogance is incredible.

Rate yourself much?

Who are you?

Should someone wish to follow you, you don't even help your cause by supplying a link in your signature.

I don't see why you make such a fuss of it. He is simply right, you must be stupid or a newcomer to not know about that visit...or Luke´s visit.
Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532

View Profile
May 04, 2013, 09:08:57 AM

Fair play, apologies

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp
philips

Activity: 700

View Profile
May 04, 2013, 09:17:25 AM

No need to, we are all watching this great story unfolding before our eyes with shiny heroes and dark villains.

And trolls, lots of them.
-ck
Legendary

Activity: 4116
Merit: 1635

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2013, 09:20:41 AM

Fair play, apologies
You sir have my respect, for apologising on bitcointalk is one of the rarest actions and done by so very few humble people that exist. It doesn't even matter what you were apologising about.

Developer/maintainer for cgminer, ckpool/ckproxy, and the -ck kernel
2% Fee Solo mining at solo.ckpool.org
-ck
YipYip

Activity: 574

View Profile
May 04, 2013, 11:26:30 AM

Kano ...SUCK IT !!

Why would i want to read your blog..u friken narassitic wanker!!

OBJECT NOT FOUND
YipYip

Activity: 574

View Profile
May 04, 2013, 11:42:35 AM

I have sort of let your post fly through to the keeper but really ....I think u & Josh should get married

It would be the wedding of the century where 2 of the most over bloated arrogant ego's join forces & unite in holy wankerdom

So u wrote a bit of code with the help of another ..big friggen woop ... i write code every day hoopsnake and is currerntly part of the banking system that operates in oz ...u dont see me lording around the forums like gods gift to mankind

Oh and btw "I prefer waffles over wafers"  ...gotta stay on topic ...lol

OBJECT NOT FOUND
Bicknellski

Activity: 924

View Profile
May 04, 2013, 12:03:02 PM
Last edit: May 04, 2013, 12:46:13 PM by Bicknellski

It is waffles and chicken vs. poutine vs. dimsum actually.

If one were to simply look at the facts as a disinterested observer it would certainly be clear that BFL has dropped many a ball and that anyone in their right mind would see that there are plenty of people who troll and pretty much deflect the blame away from the facts.

What do we know about the wafers?

Evidence?

Hmmmm...

Shipping dates missed?

Shipping changes?

Specifications missed?

Specifications changed?

Evidence?

Hmmmm...

At some point the buyer must wonder what BFL is doing and why they are scrambling to deliver something that in their own minds was a slam dunk many months ago. Anyone defending BFL at this point doesn't have any credibility full stop.

Anyone trolling BFL at this point can smell the blood in the water and won't be letting up and will continue pecking away at what credibility if any is left.

When you see the personal attacks back and forth you can completely ignore those what you can't ignore is the taint of failure and the smell of desperation coming off what is becoming a rapidly decaying situation for BFL. One really wonders how anyone could possibly defend their actions business wise at this point. Simply posting ad hominem attacks doesn't make what BFL is doing any less transparent. They are tanking badly for the whole world to see.

Here is the real kicker. If some people in this very forum can get an open source avalon asic designed pcb and marry the chips to hash before the majority of these BFL orders are shipped that pretty much sums up the level of failure. I hope for the customer that isn't the outcome, but to be honest with all the vitriol caused by BFL's own hand the company doesn't deserve any sympathy and that is why I think many even some of their own customers are secretly wishing it implodes and the company fails to deliver simply because of the lies that have been told and muck that was raked and puffery that is still being put out by BFL even when we all know what is really behind the curtain. Few people will want to side with a company that acts like they have market cornered only to flounder and fail to deliver. They have made this bed and they will lie in it and hopefully the whole bitcoin community learns the lesson and remembers never to order from these pricks again.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
May 04, 2013, 12:30:40 PM

The funny thing Kano does not realize is that just because you have dinner with someone and they show you around and make you feel homey and comfy but dont actually open "THE BOOKS" that back BFL then you really do not know the state of BFL's financial status.

It doesnt take a rocket scientist to know that BFL blew a ton of customer pre order money on R&D and Google Ads and other ads all over the fucking internet like desperate coke addicts that need more money to keep the HIGH going.

If BFL was legit they would have secured VC funding privately...shut the fucked up...produced products, then announced it WITH ACCURATE POWER/SPEED/COST estimates.

But we all know that isn't the case.

The writing is on the wall. BFL has IMHO 4-6 months (give or take a few months) in a best case scenario before they implode.

This is if they can't find more suckers to buy into their PONZI that takes new customer preorder money to manufacture devices for existing 10 month wait customers while the new customers wait for many months.

LOL  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes I have large stockpile of popcorn ready when BFL blows up.

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

rograz

Activity: 575

View Profile
May 04, 2013, 04:03:24 PM

If BFL was legit they would have secured VC funding privately...shut the fucked up...produced products, then announced it WITH ACCURATE POWER/SPEED/COST estimates.

They were simply trying to kill competition before it even got off the ground, announce your product with best case specs/delivery scenario, if it doesn't quite work out, well your competition gave up before they even got started anyway. The only dark horse is someone like the Avalon guys who launched their project more for ideological reasons than profit. A bit dirty but effective and quite common business practice.

People need to stop judging BFL from a "good guy/bro" starting point. They are a business and their main goal is to make money. If you had that mindset from the start you would have gotten a lot less surprised/upset with their delays and unfolding of their whole project.

I pre-ordered with BFL fully understanding the risks that if the first run of chips being non functional, that could have been the end of the BFL asics story. I also expected there to be huge delays, their estimates for the FPGAs weren't exactly spot on were they and I suspected the asics would be even worse unless they pulled some kind of miracle.

The only real mistake BFL has done was communicating at all with the community. They should just have said "not yet, when it's done it's done" and stuck to that until they had something to show. People these days seems to take anything you say in public as a promise, and go on a fucking crusade when you don't stick to whatever you previously said exactly. Newsflash, during product development shit changes all the damn time, sometimes stuff you spent weeks on is scrapped and plans changed. It's just generally better to say fuck all and let people speculate else they start whining and bitching.

Saying that though my personal estimates were a bit off, I though worst case scenario would be 6 months from initial shipping date. Still I'm not that surprised and neither do I feel the need to fill the forums with pointless rants repeating the same thing over and over like some here do, pretending they are some holy e-crusaders out to right all the wrongs and vanquish evil.

k9quaint
Legendary

Activity: 1190

View Profile
May 04, 2013, 04:18:36 PM

The only real mistake BFL has done was communicating at all with the community. They should just have said "not yet, when it's done it's done" and stuck to that until they had something to show. People these days seems to take anything you say in public as a promise, and go on a fucking crusade when you don't stick to whatever you previously said exactly. Newsflash, during product development shit changes all the damn time, sometimes stuff you spent weeks on is scrapped and plans changed. It's just generally better to say fuck all and let people speculate else they start whining and bitching.

Unfortunately, they funded their development with pre-orders. They also left in place the ability to get a refund for a pre-order. If they let rumors run wild, everyone could ask for a refund and derail the whole development train. So they have to continue to market their product, if only to reassure their investors.
BFL going quiet was never really an option.

Bitcoin is backed by the full faith and credit of YouTube comments.
Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
May 04, 2013, 04:26:25 PM
Last edit: May 04, 2013, 04:42:47 PM by Xian01

I went to BFL (on BFL's dime) in February - as I wrote a blog about (after I was pumped full of enough Koolaid to make a horse talk) ... and anyone except those who're noobs or stupid (or aren't so blatantly paid-off) would already know.
Oddly enough I met everyone that was there at BFL that week and in Josh's case I even had lunch/dinner with him with his wife, twice (you all must bow down to me that I was sycophantically granted an audience with Herr Zerlan, twice !)... as I said in my short blog.

The reality that BFL has not paid off their 1000 BTC wager for not meeting their power consumption goals, and Josh rage-silencing me on the BFL shout-box for pointing that out ("we're too fucking busy to pay off a 1000 BTC wager") ? The reality that they shipped on April 1st ? The reality that they had working prototypes set for FCC approval back in October / November ?

Sorry, which reality are you referring to ? The one inside your and Josh's deluded brains, or the one that the rest of us live in daily ?
rograz

Activity: 575

View Profile
May 04, 2013, 04:39:29 PM

Unfortunately, they funded their development with pre-orders.

This is your assumption, show me proof. This is where you are all going wrong, if you want to miss credit someone you need actual proof. Every time you present your theories as facts without proof you erode the ground you stand on.

If you however said "I think they funded development with pre-order money" I would fully respect that. That's the difference between a unsubstantiated accusations and an opinion.

And before you say "BFL has not proved they didn't", it is generally up to the accuser to bring the evidence of their claims (unless you are a government ;/)

Until you and others start to either present facts with your accusations or change tone to simply having opinions/speculating you are nothing else than trolls/fud spreaders.
PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1003

View Profile
May 04, 2013, 04:48:56 PM

I went to BFL (on BFL's dime) in February - as I wrote a blog about (after I was pumped full of enough Koolaid to make a horse talk) ... and anyone except those who're noobs or stupid (or aren't so blatantly paid-off) would already know.
Oddly enough I met everyone that was there at BFL that week and in Josh's case I even had lunch/dinner with him with his wife, twice (you all must bow down to me that I was sycophantically granted an audience with Herr Zerlan, twice !)... as I said in my short blog.

The reality that BFL has not paid off their 1000 BTC wager for not meeting their power consumption goals, and Josh rage-silencing me on the BFL shout-box for pointing that out ("we're too fucking busy to pay off a 1000 BTC wager") ? The reality that they shipped on April 1st ? The reality that they had working prototypes set for FCC approval back in October / November ?

Sorry, which reality are you referring to ? The one inside your and Josh's deluded brains, or the one that the rest of us live in daily ?
You noobs!

Don't worry. I am going to share my super secret with BFL to keeping a company afloat "during hard times". We at ADL have accomplished 1 to 2 years non-delivery simply by using it. We can refund old "impatient" customers simply by "funding their refunds" from that of new customers money. If need be, we will even raise our prices to double that of our original products. Therefore we offset any refunds and still have strong earnings.

Cheesy
Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
May 04, 2013, 06:05:23 PM

I'll just leave this here...

---

Xian (Edit · Delete) 05-01-2013 03:56 PM
So Josh, when are you going to pay the 1000 BTC bet for not meeting 1W/Ghash ? Or are you waiting until you guys get down to 1W/Ghash until you tell everyone to go fuck themselves and say "I TOLD YOU SO!!!" ?

BFL_Josh - 05-01-2013 03:58 PM
Xian: Your trolling pisses me off, but to answer your question, as soon as we get time to take care of it, we will. It's not like we aren't already overworked and it's not exactly a high priority at the moment... however, if you have an order, let me know what it is and I will be sure to put yours on hold when we get to it and work dilligently on the donation thing before we get back to yours.

Xian (Edit · Delete) 05-01-2013 03:58 PM
BFL_Josh: Hey, thanks for threatening your customers ! I appreciate it !

Xian silenced successfully.
 BFL_Josh - 05-01-2013 03:59 PM
No problem, thanks for being an annoying troll.

BFL_Josh - Shout 05-01-2013 03:59 PM
Xian silenced successfully.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: