Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 12:11:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 [186] 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 ... 352 »
  Print  
Author Topic: DNotes 2.0 - Staking, CRISP Interest, DNotes Pay  (Read 148795 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (3 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
wiser
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1029

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 04:33:26 PM
Last edit: April 15, 2018, 05:57:53 PM by wiser

50888608 is the current network weight.

I found the export tab and it works great! So glad it's there. That brings up another question. Is there a way to clear orphans or remove "false" transactions? I have a "generated but not accepted" staking incidence that would be nice to get rid of so it doesn't clutter up my data.

Ok good. That does sound like the number of coins that would be staking on the network. Regarding the rest of your questions, I will verify before providing the answers.

That sounds like a great option. We probably want export options would allow you to chose what transactions to export and ignore orphan transactions. I will add it to our list.

OK, so network weight is simply the total amount of DNotes that are staking in that moment. I think the first time I looked at it, my mind added an extra three zeroes and I was like, I *know* there aren't 50 billion DNotes out there! 50 million makes a lot more sense, as the total supply is around 150 million.

I'm guessing based on those numbers that coin age is not a factor in staking, but definitely please confirm.

On the export, I was also going to request the ability to export a custom date range. The first time I export, I'll want to export everything, but after that, it would be nice to only export the new transactions since the last export. And yes, having it ignore the "false" staking incidences would be great. I remember one wallet I owned having a "clear orphans" function which deleted those from the wallet itself, but that doesn't seem to be a common feature.

I'm actually hoping I can keep records via API. However, I have to see how the API handles recording of the staking transactions. That's been an issue for me with other coins. I'm planning to give that a shot this week. If API recording doesn't work, then the export function is the next best option.

Just curious to see if this works as an interim solution:
Plug in your address to the block explorer
https://chainz.cryptoid.info/note/
Export the transactions as CSV.

I know I could do that as I've exported plenty of records with DMD Diamond, and they use the same block explorer service. The issue for me is that I'd have to run each address separately, whereas in the wallet I could export all transactions for all the addresses in one single file. Depending on metrics like ideal coin pile size, etc., that might become irrelevant if I decide to just combine all my coins into a single address.

The issue I had with the API with DMD Diamond was that although the block explorer and the wallet shows minting transactions as a simple addition of the minted amount, the API would import each staking transaction as a withdrawal of the minting coin pile, and then a new deposit of the two new coin piles that were created from the minting. I had all deposits on the address labeled as "mining" (because staking was the only thing that address was doing) so when it came time to figure out taxes, all those transactions looked like I'd made millions in mining--basically repeatedly withdrawing and depositing the same coins! My accountants about had a heart attack. I'm going to see what happens with DNotes, but if it behaves the same way, then I'll just set a schedule for periodically exporting transactions and then importing them into my tracking software, or maybe I'll figure something else out. The experimentation is always fun Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
DCEBrief

Activity: 1078
Merit: 102

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 05:25:09 PM

New Directive Tightens Crypto Regulation in Vietnam

https://dcebrief.com/new-directive-tightens-crypto-regulation-in-vietnam/
The Chezzz

Activity: 79
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 06:54:39 PM

I have a request. I would like to know how to request a coin to be listed on an exchange. I keep hearing people say that we have to either request a coin to be listed or vote for one to be listed. I couldn't find it on DNotesEDU and would like to do my part in requesting/voting for us to be listed places. I would like to know from everyone where and what exchanges you are requesting on so I can cast my vote or place my request. I don't know which exchange is exempt from our votes (not worthy) because they might be shady or not following the proper rules. Please assist so I can do my part and others can follow. There are a lot of new people in crypto following DNotes and probably asking the same question.
Thanks everyone. IT IS OUR TIME TO SHINE!!!!
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1111

DNotes

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2018, 08:09:01 PM

I have a request. I would like to know how to request a coin to be listed on an exchange. I keep hearing people say that we have to either request a coin to be listed or vote for one to be listed. I couldn't find it on DNotesEDU and would like to do my part in requesting/voting for us to be listed places. I would like to know from everyone where and what exchanges you are requesting on so I can cast my vote or place my request. I don't know which exchange is exempt from our votes (not worthy) because they might be shady or not following the proper rules. Please assist so I can do my part and others can follow. There are a lot of new people in crypto following DNotes and probably asking the same question.
Thanks everyone. IT IS OUR TIME TO SHINE!!!!

Hi The Chezzz, we are in active communication with several exchanges on a confidential level. However, the community can support our efforts contacting the exchanges directly and requesting that they list DNotes, via email or social media. There are some that have voting systems, if you see that we need to get DNotes on the list us know.

I agree it is our time to shine! We appreciate your continued support!

DNotesEDU

Activity: 128

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2018, 10:42:59 PM

DNotes 2.0 Frequently Asked Questions:

Q: What is new with DNotes 2.0?

A: DNotes 2.0 is a major improvement on the original DNotes blockchain. The new blockchain will allow DNotes and its partner company DNotes Global to achieve its objective to connect DNotes to the modern world of finance and commerce. The new blockchain is faster, more secure, and consumes only a fraction of the electricity. It also allows custom invoices to be created and attached to transactions, and changes the economic incentives of the network to one that encourages savings with the switch to the Proof-Of-Stake algorithm, and paying 0.5% interest on balances that haven’t moved from a wallet address in a 30 day period (~6% per annum).

Specifications

POS
2% Annualized Staking Reward
Individual blocks reward will be Total Coins / 525,600
60 Second Block Target
0.005 Transaction Fee
Source: https://github.com/DNotesCoin/DNotes2.0
Download Wallet: https://github.com/DNotesCoin/DNotes2.0/releases/tag/v2.0.0.0
Directory DNotes2 (C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\DNotes2 on Windows)
CONF dnotes.conf (all lower case)

DNotes 2.0 Features
Switch to PoS
CRISP Reward - 0.5% interest every 30 days. Awarded by address. Calculated on a 30 day cycle.
Automated Invoicing (First Phase) - Integrated blockchain invoice number

There will be a soft deadline where DNotes mined after that block will not be redeemable for 2.0 coins:
4/16/2018
Block# 2180897
133,574,552 Will be the total swappable amount of DNotes we create
+20,000,000 Allocated to DNotes Global, Inc for Development & Growth Fund
153,574,552 Total DNotes 2.0 Created

The next update (TBD) will include:
Deferred Staking

Q: How do I swap my coins?

A: DNotes stored on the DNotesVault are automatically swapped for you, you don’t need to take any action as the swap process has been done on your behalf.

For new coins you would like to swap, from an exchange, a local wallet, paper wallet, that were not already located on the DNotesVault:

If you do not already have a DNotesVault account, register here: https://dnotesvault.com/register
Login to your DNotesVault account.
Click “historic” at the top.
If you don't have any addresses yet, click create address.
Send your old DNotes to one of your historical addresses.
The DNotes you send will then be converted to the new DNotes 2.0 coins, and will show in your new DNotes wallet under “dashboard” after we have completed the swap process.
Note: Please allow some time for this process to complete.

Q: I had a DNotes Vault account with DNotes in it before the swap. Have my old DNotes been swapped into the new coins?

A: Yes. We have taken care of swapping all coins held at the DNotes Vault at the time of the upgrade. You don’t need to take any action.

Q: I found some DNotes from the old blockchain, can I still swap them for the new DNotes tokens?

A: Yes, we will continue to run the old blockchain and give a reasonable period of time for people to swap their DNotes to the new DNotes 2.0 tokens. We recommend that users take action to swap their coins as soon as possible, and may treat swaps on a case by case basis.

Q: I have a paper wallet. How do I turn them into the new coins?

A: You will need to download the DNotes v1.2 software, and then use the importprivkey command in the debug console.

https://bitcoin.stackexchange.com/questions/5941/how-do-i-import-a-private-key-into-bitcoin-core

Once your wallet is updated, you will be able to send out your DNotes.

Q: What is the cutoff date for mined DNotes that can be swapped to the new DNotes blockchain?

A: We have set April 16th as the soft deadline. No DNotes mined after this date will be eligible to be swapped to DNotes running on the new blockchain. We will continue swap DNotes after that date, however the process will not be as easy and will take more time.

Q: What is Staking?

A: Staking your coins helps to support the DNotes network, and the network currently pays out roughly 5 DNotes every minute to one address on the network based on a probability that centers on how many coins the user is staking with as a percentage of the total number of coins being staked on the network. The DNotes network pays out ~2% of the total number of coins per annum. If 100% of DNotes were being used to stake on the network, then by probability each user could expect 2% growth in the number of coins they have. If only 50% of coins are used to stake, then those users could expect approximately 4% growth that year.

Q: Can I stake my coins on the DNotesVault?

A: You cannot currently stake your coins that are on the DNotesVault, you will need to withdraw your DNotes 2.0 to a local wallet and stake your coins from your local wallet. We will in a future release incorporate cold staking, which will allow you stake your coins while they are safely tucked away inside the DNotesVault. However, we do not have an ETA, it will be one of our highest priorities for next upgrades.

Q: How do I stake?

Disclaimer: It is recommended that you properly secure your computer and wallet, as well as make proper backups, before attempting to run your own staking wallet. Failure to properly secure your DNotes may result in loss or theft. If you are not familiar with the process, please start off small and familiarize yourself with the process.

You will need to download the DNotes QT wallet here: https://github.com/DNotesCoin/DNotes2.0/releases/tag/v2.0.0.0

Install the wallet (and we recommend creating a backup)
Go to settings, and then ‘encrypt wallet’. Enter your password twice (and do NOT forget it, or you will not be able to access the wallet and we can not help you).
Go to settings, and then ‘unlock wallet’, enter your password, and select “for staking only”. This will prevent any transfers from being made from your wallet without the password while you stake your coins.
Soon the arrow at the bottom will turn green. This means that your coins are now staking.

You can watch a video of these steps here from our alpha release here:
   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2w9r2LoXM6c

Q: How do I earn the interest reward?

A: Our Cryptocurrency Investment Savings Plan (CRISP) payouts occur approximately once per month. All coins that haven’t moved address during that month period will accrue a 0.5% interest, which compounds to roughly 6.17% per annum. If you move your coins during that time, those coins will not receive the interest for that month.

Q: What exchanges are DNotes listed on?

A: Cryptopia, Nova, Yobit, & Trade By Trade

Q: Will DNotes 2.0 be listed on new exchanges?

A: The DNotes team are working to get DNotes listed on new and larger exchanges.

Q: When will Cryptopia relist DNotes 2.0?

A: Cryptopia is starting the delisting process and they have advised they will connect us with their relisting team once the DNotes have been removed from the exchange, in order to prevent confusion.

Q: Are the new DNotes 2.0 coins worth the same as the old coins?

A: Yes, they are worth exactly the same. However we can not predict what price movements will occur at exchanges once DNotes is relisted using the new coins.

Q: I have DNotes on the exchange, do I need to remove them from the exchange?

A: Yes, as soon as possible. Please see “How do I swap my coins?”

Q: I have Mac or Specific Linux OS, will there be wallets for these?  

A: Yes!
We currently have Mac and Linux Mint Desktop wallets at DNotesCoin.com.

Q: Where is the block explorer?

A: https://chainz.cryptoid.info/note/

Q: Can I get CRISP reward AND stake at the same time?

A: Yes, the system is designed to allow you to receive CRISP on a wallet you are staking

Q: What is the CRISP reward structure?

A: CRISP periods are every 43,200 blocks (30 days). Payments start 10,080 blocks (1 week) from the end of the CRISP period.

Q: What do I need to do to earn CRISP?

A: Keep your coins in the same address for the full CRISP period 30 days, set every 43,200 blocks.

Q: When will I receive CRISP payments?

A: The next payouts are as follows:

April 27 - Ends first CRISP period.
May 4 - Payout starts. (Virtually no one will receive this payout)
May 27 - Ends second CRISP period
June 3 - Payout starts

Roughly.

Q: Do I get CRISP payments at the DNotesVault?

A: Yes! You get CRISP inside the DNotesVault, or at any address you control, such as a Desktop wallet. Though I won't suspect you will be able to get CRISP rewards from the exchanges or other online providers.

Q: Where do the CRISP coins come from?

A: The blockchain, these are newly created coins and have now become part of the new coin distribution, just like the staking reward.

Q: I am trying to swap my coins from Cryptopia and I am getting Invalid Address

A: That address which begins with an "S" is your new DNotes 2.0 address and your coins on Cryptopia currently are DNotes 1.x. If you like to participate in the coin swap, you can click on the "HISTORIC" tab in your DNotesVault account, create an address, and deposit to that address which begins with a "D". We will take care of the rest, and swap your DNotes for you within a few days.

If you have any other queries, please email contact@dnotescoin.com

There are only 3 days left in Cryptocurrency Education Week!

The contests and giveaways are through social media and have nothing to do with Bitcointalk. Please do whatever you can to help by sharing as much as possible. Thank you!! Smiley

https://s9.postimg.cc/8sd9qncvz/Cryptocurrency_Education_Week.png

Cryptocurrency Education Week  

As part of Financial Literacy Month in the United States, DNotesEDU will be hosting Cryptocurrency Education Week from April 8th - 14th, 2018.

The goal is to raise awareness of the need for free, accurate, and unbiased introductory educational material on cryptocurrency. To achieve mainsteam adoption there needs to be a strong focus on investor protection, and while cryptocurrency education is the key to accomplishing this, it is also a favorite bait of fraudsters and their schemes. Quality educational material is honest about the risks involved, and does not make specific coin or token recommendations. There is no reference to anything that sounds like guaranteed high returns, earn $millions, hot tips, secrets that you have to pay for, or any other too-good-to-be-true claims. Educational material should be inclusive and empowering - it should teach you how to make decisions for yourself.

Contests and giveaways

During the week, we will be giving away DNotes digital currency to random lucky winners that have been sharing DNotesEDU cryptocurrency educational material on social media.
Make sure your posts contain #CryptocurrencyEducationWeek  @DNotesEDU so we can find you when searching.
Keep an eye out for additional contests and random, instant giveaways held throughout the week that will be announced on Facebook and Twitter.
At the end of the week, every eligible post has a chance to win a Grand Prize Draw of 5,000 DNotes, plus numerous runner-up prizes!

#CryptocurrencyEducationWeek @DNotesEDU - Posts to share

Share this Cryptocurrency Education Week announcement post and any/or all of the following:
Financial Literacy Needs to Include Knowledge on Cryptocurrency - https://dnotesedu.com/2018/04/financial-literacy-needs-to-include-knowledge-on-cryptocurrency/
If Cryptocurrency Confuses You... Start Here - https://dnotesedu.com/digital-currency/cryptocurrency/
Cryptocurrency and ICO Screening Guide for Investors - https://dnotesedu.com/2018/02/cryptocurrency-ico-screening-guide-for-investors/
Why Coin Age Matters in Cryptocurrency - https://dnotesedu.com/2018/04/why-coin-age-matters-in-cryptocurrency/
10 Reasons to do Your Homework Before Investing in ICOs - https://dnotesedu.com/2018/01/10-reasons-to-do-your-homework-before-investing-in-icos/
Risk Reduction Strategies in Cryptocurrency Investing: Part 1 - Education - https://dnotesedu.com/2018/04/risk-reduction-strategies-in-cryptocurrency-investing-part-1-education/
Risk Reduction Strategies in Cryptocurrency: Part 2 - Research - https://dnotesedu.com/2018/04/risk-reduction-strategies-in-cryptocurrency-investing-part-2-research/
Risk Reduction Strategies in Cryptocurrency: Part 3 - Diversification - https://dnotesedu.com/2018/04/risk-reduction-strategies-in-cryptocurrency-investing-part-3-diversification/
Risk Reduction Strategies in Cryptocurrency: Part 4 - Dollar Cost Averaging - https://dnotesedu.com/2018/04/risk-reduction-strategies-in-cryptocurrency-investing-part-4-dollar-cost-averaging/
Risk Reduction Strategies in Cryptocurrency: Part 5 - Security Precautions - https://dnotesedu.com/2018/04/risk-reduction-strategies-in-cryptocurrency-investing-part-4-dollar-cost-averaging/
Cryptocurrency Regulation - https://dnotesedu.com/digital-currency/regulation/
Other cryptocurrency educational material from the Digital Currency modules or blog - https://dnotesedu.com/digital-currency/regulation/

You can share as many times as you like, but it must be DNotesEDU cryptocurrency educational material only.
Make sure all posts contain both #CryptocurrencyEducationWeek  and  @DNotesEDU
Promotion of any coins or tokens is NOT allowed in the posts.

Good Luck!

https://dnotesedu.com/2018/04/cryptocurrency-education-week/

Hello everyone, hope you had a great cryptocurrency education week! Thank you to those who took the opportunity to learn more about cryptocurrency, as well as teach newcomers the ins and outs. There are still a few more private keys remaining from the last batch we posted, and to show our appreciation to all of you, we have hidden another 50 private keys somewhere on https://DNotesEDU.com

If you are unsure on how to import private keys, check out this step by step guide:
https://dnotesedu.com/2018/04/step-by-step-intructions-on-importing-cryptocurrency-to-a-wallet-using-private-keys-with-pictures/

IF YOU DO FIND A KEY LOADED WITH DNOTES, MAKE SURE TO MOVE THEM TO A NEW ADDRESS THAT YOU ARE THE SOLE OWNER OF. Failure to do so may result in someone else claiming the DNotes as their own.

We will be awarding our other prize winners shortly, including a 5000 DNotes grand prize for the most active participant in cryptocurrency education week.
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2018, 03:21:26 AM

The next batch of swaps are complete. We will have a bit of a grace period then move to the post April 16th procedure outlined above.

BTCWise

Activity: 267
Merit: 13

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2018, 10:26:52 AM

Hi DNotes, I love the progress you guys have made since my last post here on Bitcointalk. I am super excited to see 2.0 has been successfully launched. I had and still have my coins in my DNotesVault. I don't have to do anything right? Automatic swap!

One last question. Do you guys plan on introducing Pool staking. Staking can be profitable but only if you have a huge amount of DNotes. Pool staking will help those individuals with small amounts of DNotes to at least stake their tokens without having to keep their wallets open 24/7

I look forward to any feedback from you. Keep up the great work guys/ladies.

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2018, 12:06:59 PM

Hi DNotes, I love the progress you guys have made since my last post here on Bitcointalk. I am super excited to see 2.0 has been successfully launched. I had and still have my coins in my DNotesVault. I don't have to do anything right? Automatic swap!

One last question. Do you guys plan on introducing Pool staking. Staking can be profitable but only if you have a huge amount of DNotes. Pool staking will help those individuals with small amounts of DNotes to at least stake their tokens without having to keep their wallets open 24/7

Thanks BTCWise! That is correct, your DNotesVault is all taken care of and swapped to DNotes 2.0.

We are looking into a Pool Staking option, but will be best to do it when we release the deferred staking feature.

BTCWise

Activity: 267
Merit: 13

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2018, 12:24:38 PM

Thanks BTCWise! That is correct, your DNotesVault is all taken care of and swapped to DNotes 2.0.

We are looking into a Pool Staking option, but will be best to do it when we release the deferred staking feature.

Thank you for letting me know. I will hold onto my tokens until the Pool Staking option becomes available.
If I'm not mistaken my tokens will still earn interest from some of the other interest bearing options available through the DNotesVault?
Let me know if I can assist with anything. Regards,

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2018, 12:27:38 PM

Thank you for letting me know. I will hold onto my tokens until the Pool Staking option becomes available.
If I'm not mistaken my tokens will still earn interest from some of the other interest bearing options available through the DNotesVault?
Let me know if I can assist with anything. Regards,

Yep, that is correct. You will earn 0.5% every 30 days.

Will do appreciate your continued support!

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2018, 12:45:31 PM

We are past the soft deadline block. We recommend anyone still mining on DNotesPool to move your miners to another pool / coin. As of now all blocks mined there will not pay DNotes. I will be working on sending you your final DNotes as DNotes 2.0. All miners may anticipate an email from us shortly.

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2018, 12:46:04 PM
Last edit: April 28, 2018, 03:57:15 PM by DNotes

DNotes 2.0 Frequently Asked Questions:

Q: What is new with DNotes 2.0?

A: DNotes 2.0 is a major improvement on the original DNotes blockchain. The new blockchain will allow DNotes and its partner company DNotes Global to achieve its objective to connect DNotes to the modern world of finance and commerce. The new blockchain is faster, more secure, and consumes only a fraction of the electricity. It also allows custom invoices to be created and attached to transactions, and changes the economic incentives of the network to one that encourages savings with the switch to the Proof-Of-Stake algorithm, and paying 0.5% interest on balances that haven’t moved from a wallet address in a 30 day period (~6% per annum).

Specifications

POS
2% Annualized Staking Reward
Individual blocks reward will be Total Coins / 525,600
60 Second Block Target
0.005 Transaction Fee
Source: https://github.com/DNotesCoin/DNotes2.0
Download Wallet: https://github.com/DNotesCoin/DNotes2.0/releases/tag/v2.0.0.0
Directory DNotes2 (C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\DNotes2 on Windows)
CONF dnotes.conf (all lower case)

DNotes 2.0 Features
Switch to PoS
CRISP Reward - 0.5% interest every 30 days. Awarded by address. Calculated on a 30 day cycle.
Automated Invoicing (First Phase) - Integrated blockchain invoice number

There will be a soft deadline where DNotes mined after that block will not be redeemable for 2.0 coins:
4/16/2018
Block# 2180897
133,574,552 Will be the total swappable amount of DNotes we create
+20,000,000 Allocated to DNotes Global, Inc for Development & Growth Fund
153,574,552 Total DNotes 2.0 Created

The next update (TBD) will include:
Deferred Staking

Q: How do I swap my coins?

A: DNotes stored on the DNotesVault are automatically swapped for you, you don’t need to take any action as the swap process has been done on your behalf.

For new coins you would like to swap, from an exchange, a local wallet, paper wallet, that were not already located on the DNotesVault:

If you do not already have a DNotesVault account, register here: https://dnotesvault.com/register
The DNotes you send will then be converted to the new DNotes 2.0 coins, and will show in your new DNotes wallet under “dashboard” after we have completed the swap process.

Q: I had a DNotes Vault account with DNotes in it before the swap. Have my old DNotes been swapped into the new coins?

A: Yes. We have taken care of swapping all coins held at the DNotes Vault at the time of the upgrade. You don’t need to take any action.

Q: I found some DNotes from the old blockchain, can I still swap them for the new DNotes tokens?

A: Yes, we will continue to run the old blockchain and give a reasonable period of time for people to swap their DNotes to the new DNotes 2.0 tokens. We recommend that users take action to swap their coins as soon as possible, and may treat swaps on a case by case basis.

Q: I have a paper wallet. How do I turn them into the new coins?

A: You will need to download the DNotes v1.2 software, and then use the importprivkey command in the debug console.

https://bitcoin.stackexchange.com/questions/5941/how-do-i-import-a-private-key-into-bitcoin-core

Once your wallet is updated, you will be able to send out your DNotes.

Q: What is the cutoff date for mined DNotes that can be swapped to the new DNotes blockchain?

A: We have set April 16th as the soft deadline. No DNotes mined after this date will be eligible to be swapped to DNotes running on the new blockchain. We will continue swap DNotes after that date, however the process will not be as easy and will take more time. Any DNotes 1.x purchased on exchanges after the 16th will not be eligible for the swap.

Q: What is Staking?

A: Staking your coins helps to support the DNotes network, and the network currently pays out roughly 5 DNotes every minute to one address on the network based on a probability that centers on how many coins the user is staking with as a percentage of the total number of coins being staked on the network. The DNotes network pays out ~2% of the total number of coins per annum. If 100% of DNotes were being used to stake on the network, then by probability each user could expect 2% growth in the number of coins they have. If only 50% of coins are used to stake, then those users could expect approximately 4% growth that year.

Q: Can I stake my coins on the DNotesVault?

A: You cannot currently stake your coins that are on the DNotesVault, you will need to withdraw your DNotes 2.0 to a local wallet and stake your coins from your local wallet. We will in a future release incorporate cold staking, which will allow you stake your coins while they are safely tucked away inside the DNotesVault. However, we do not have an ETA, it will be one of our highest priorities for next upgrades.

Q: How do I stake?

Disclaimer: It is recommended that you properly secure your computer and wallet, as well as make proper backups, before attempting to run your own staking wallet. Failure to properly secure your DNotes may result in loss or theft. If you are not familiar with the process, please start off small and familiarize yourself with the process.

You will need to download the DNotes QT wallet here: https://github.com/DNotesCoin/DNotes2.0/releases/tag/v2.0.0.0

Install the wallet (and we recommend creating a backup)
Go to settings, and then ‘encrypt wallet’. Enter your password twice (and do NOT forget it, or you will not be able to access the wallet and we can not help you).
Go to settings, and then ‘unlock wallet’, enter your password, and select “for staking only”. This will prevent any transfers from being made from your wallet without the password while you stake your coins.
Soon the arrow at the bottom will turn green. This means that your coins are now staking.

You can watch a video of these steps here from our alpha release here:
   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2w9r2LoXM6c

Q: How do I earn the interest reward?

A: Our Cryptocurrency Investment Savings Plan (CRISP) payouts occur approximately once per month. All coins that haven’t moved address during that month period will accrue a 0.5% interest, which compounds to roughly 6.17% per annum. If you move your coins during that time, those coins will not receive the interest for that month.

Q: What exchanges are DNotes listed on?

A: Cryptopia, Nova, Yobit, & Trade By Trade

Q: Will DNotes 2.0 be listed on new exchanges?

A: The DNotes team are working to get DNotes listed on new and larger exchanges.

Q: When will Cryptopia relist DNotes 2.0?

A: Cryptopia is starting the delisting process and they have advised they will connect us with their relisting team once the DNotes have been removed from the exchange, in order to prevent confusion.

Q: Are the new DNotes 2.0 coins worth the same as the old coins?

A: Yes, they are worth exactly the same. However we can not predict what price movements will occur at exchanges once DNotes is relisted using the new coins.

Q: I have DNotes on the exchange, do I need to remove them from the exchange?

A: Yes, as soon as possible. Please see “How do I swap my coins?”

Q: I have Mac or Specific Linux OS, will there be wallets for these?  

A: Yes!
We currently have Mac and Linux Mint Desktop wallets at DNotesCoin.com.

Q: Where is the block explorer?

A: https://chainz.cryptoid.info/note/

Q: Can I get CRISP reward AND stake at the same time?

A: Yes, the system is designed to allow you to receive CRISP on a wallet you are staking

Q: What is the CRISP reward structure?

A: CRISP periods are every 43,200 blocks (30 days). Payments start 10,080 blocks (1 week) from the end of the CRISP period.

Q: What do I need to do to earn CRISP?

A: Keep your coins in the same address for the full CRISP period 30 days, set every 43,200 blocks.

Q: When will I receive CRISP payments?

A: The next payouts are as follows:

April 27 - Ends first CRISP period.
May 4 - Payout starts. (Virtually no one will receive this payout)
May 27 - Ends second CRISP period
June 3 - Payout starts

Roughly.

Q: Do I get CRISP payments at the DNotesVault?

A: Yes! You get CRISP inside the DNotesVault, or at any address you control, such as a Desktop wallet. Though I won't suspect you will be able to get CRISP rewards from the exchanges or other online providers.

Q: Where do the CRISP coins come from?

A: The blockchain, these are newly created coins and have now become part of the new coin distribution, just like the staking reward.

Q: I am trying to swap my coins from Cryptopia and I am getting Invalid Address

A: That address which begins with an "S" is your new DNotes 2.0 address and your coins on Cryptopia currently are DNotes 1.x. If you like to participate in the coin swap, you can click on the "HISTORIC" tab in your DNotesVault account, create an address, and deposit to that address which begins with a "D". We will take care of the rest, and swap your DNotes for you within a few days.

If you have any other queries, please email contact@dnotescoin.com

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2018, 12:46:27 PM

Updated Swap FAQ's

Q: How do I swap my coins? (before April 16th)

A: DNotes stored on the DNotesVault before April 16th are automatically swapped for you, you don’t need to take any action as the swap process has been done on your behalf.

Q: How do I swap my coins? (after April 16th)

A: Please fill out the following form: https://goo.gl/forms/EaoGpuXcz04C0KrS2

We will be performing post April 16th swap investigations beginning May 16th. Please do not send your DNotes anywhere after April 16th unless it is your own desktop wallet.

If you do happen to have pending withdrawals from the exchange to your DNotesVault HISTORIC accounts, please email us once the funds have been released. contact@dnotescoin.com

Chase
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 03:42:04 PM

Thank you to everyone that helped make Cryptocurrency Education Week a success!

We are very grateful to everyone that shared posts on social media. It is unbelievable how many people OUTSIDE the industry were reached with your help. When DNotesEDU is noticed, DNotes is noticed. Wink

Thank you wiser for the great article on Steemit:   Cryptocurrency Education Week is on! - https://steemit.com/dnotes/@wiser/cryptocurrency-education-week-is-on

Winners have been notified, and we will be sending out their DNotes later today or tomorrow.

Have a great day everyone!  Smiley

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." -Albert Einstein-

DNotes EDU – Cryptocurrency Education For All – Accomplishments of 2018
Mbaker0510

Activity: 22

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 04:05:14 PM

Hello
a few questions.
So we have the 16th (softtdeadline).
What's next?
When can DNote 2.0 be traded again?
Tommorrow, end of the  week in a month?
What coins are being traded on TradeByTrade Exchange, Dnote 1.0 ?
I thought the coins were delisted on every Exchange?
wiser
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1029

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 04:26:43 PM

We are very grateful to everyone that shared posts on social media. It is unbelievable how many people OUTSIDE the industry were reached with your help. When DNotesEDU is noticed, DNotes is noticed. Wink

Thank you wiser for the great article on Steemit:   Cryptocurrency Education Week is on! - https://steemit.com/dnotes/@wiser/cryptocurrency-education-week-is-on

Winners have been notified, and we will be sending out their DNotes later today or tomorrow.

Congratulations to all the winners!

This is a great idea. Will it be around the same time next year?
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2018, 05:21:57 PM

Hello
a few questions.
So we have the 16th (softtdeadline).
What's next?
When can DNote 2.0 be traded again?
Tommorrow, end of the  week in a month?
What coins are being traded on TradeByTrade Exchange, Dnote 1.0 ?
I thought the coins were delisted on every Exchange?

Working on a few community updates, coming up shortly. We can only make the requests, which we have contacted every exchange currently listing 1.x in every possible format a multitude of times including publicly tagging them in social media. 2.0 is only confirmed as listed on https://www.nlexch.com/markets/notebtc

As far as TradeByTrade, we are still trying to get an update on the status and whether is 1.x or 2.0. So far they have provided us with a general response that they have forwarded our request on to their development team. You cannot currently deposit or withdraw there.

Also, Blockbid's beta starts today so I will be following up with them.

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2018, 05:23:33 PM

Congratulations!!! And thank you DNotesEDU Team for your amazing efforts to promote good digital currency practices and reach out beyond our industry to educate people!

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2018, 05:29:00 PM

Cryptopia Will be Listing DNotes 2.0 on May 12th!

We have been working with Cryptopia's service team to work out the details for listing DNotes 2.0 and proud to announce that Cryptopia will be listing DNotes 2.0 on May 12th, 2018. This will be after their DNotes 1.x delisting has been completed to prevent any confusion for their customers. Cryptopia has by far been the most responsive and professional exchange we have worked with to date and we appreciate all of their efforts.

Chase
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 05:36:48 PM

Thank you wiser for the great article on Steemit:   Cryptocurrency Education Week is on! - https://steemit.com/dnotes/@wiser/cryptocurrency-education-week-is-on

Have a great day everyone!  Smiley

Congratulations!!! And thank you DNotesEDU Team for your amazing efforts to promote good digital currency practices and reach out beyond our industry to educate people!

Thank you wiser and Joe!

We will definitely keep it up as part of Financial Literacy Month in April.

2018 is predicted to be the start of institutional investing, and there will be an even greater need for accurate cryptocurrency knowledge. Our open and accurate assessment of risks within the industry, will go a long way in building credibility with investors. Judging by some of the cryptocurrency/ICO recommendations coming from mainstream finance, they should take a few steps back and 'enrol' at DNotesEDU.  Grin

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." -Albert Einstein-

DNotes EDU – Cryptocurrency Education For All – Accomplishments of 2018
Pages: « 1 ... 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 [186] 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 ... 352 »
  Print  

Jump to: