Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 06:11:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 [190] 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 ... 352 »
  Print  
Author Topic: DNotes 2.0 - Staking, CRISP Interest, DNotes Pay  (Read 148795 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (3 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
TeeGee

Activity: 846
Merit: 535

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 07:04:08 PM

Hi Dnotes
Thanks for quick feedback and the technical background, I did not know that yet.
This means that if Dnotes has a mobile wallet, the transfer from mobile to moble would be much faster?

PC to PC or mobile wallet is very fast at this time. Few seconds probably.

"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
The Chezzz

Activity: 79
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 08:31:46 PM
Last edit: April 19, 2018, 08:54:16 PM by The Chezzz

https://dailyhodl.com/2018/04/19/binance-announces-fiat-to-crypto-trading-pairs-in-a-move-that-could-shift-reliance-away-from-bitcoin/

Its about to begin!!!!! People have been looking for this for a while. Binance Hmmmmmm Could people be buying DNotes with straight CASH in the near future? IF we get on Binance!!

There is an article at the bottom of this article saying that NEO just opened their own exchange also. Things are changing quickly.
DCEBrief

Activity: 1078
Merit: 102

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 08:53:40 PM

Kraken Refuses NY AG’s Crypto Inquiry

https://dcebrief.com/kraken-refuses-ny-ags-crypto-inquiry/
Mbaker0510

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 09:06:37 PM

https://dailyhodl.com/2018/04/19/binance-announces-fiat-to-crypto-trading-pairs-in-a-move-that-could-shift-reliance-away-from-bitcoin/

Its about to begin!!!!! People have been looking for this for a while. Binance Hmmmmmm Could people be buying DNotes with straight CASH in the near future? IF we get on Binance!!

There is an article at the bottom of this article saying that NEO just opened their own exchange also. Things are changing quickly.

Yes, but we are currently in a waiting position.
No one can buy or sell Dnotes.
Not so good at the moment
Amadeus82

Activity: 327
Merit: 16

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 10:07:44 PM

I have written a blog post on Steemit in which I also talk about DNotes and DNotesEDU Cheesy If you you want to read it you can find it here: https://steemit.com/cryptocurrency/@primoz82/my-experience-with-cryptocurrencies-and-why-i-believe-in-the-dnotes-2-0

I know my grammar is not perfect, but I was trying to do my best Cheesy
Dyna
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1060

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 11:30:09 PM

I have written a blog post on Steemit in which I also talk about DNotes and DNotesEDU Cheesy If you you want to read it you can find it here: https://steemit.com/cryptocurrency/@primoz82/my-experience-with-cryptocurrencies-and-why-i-believe-in-the-dnotes-2-0

Amadeus82, I just read every word of your blog post on steemit. Thank you for sharing your true experience is such an honest, sincere, and objective manner. That kind of expression is significantly more valuable than any well crafted, highly edited essay, or talking points. I strongly encourage everyone to read it.

I also wish that more people would share their experience. Loosing hard earned money out of desperation to gamble in hope of striking it rich seldom ends with the result we wished for. Always do your homework and take your time to observe and verify if any claims made in the past have been consistently delivered or always ended up with excuses.
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1111

DNotes

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2018, 01:03:54 AM

Amadeus82, I just read every word of your blog post on steemit. Thank you for sharing your true experience is such an honest, sincere, and objective manner. That kind of expression is significantly more valuable than any well crafted, highly edited essay, or talking points. I strongly encourage everyone to read it.

I also wish that more people would share their experience. Loosing hard earned money out of desperation to gamble in hope of striking it rich seldom ends with the result we wished for. Always do your homework and take your time to observe and verify if any claims made in the past have been consistently delivered or always ended up with excuses.

Amazing article Amadeus82, you are quite the story teller. You are exactly the kind of supporter we wish to grow with DNotes and becomes very successful as a result.

Thank you for both your patience and your support.

Amadeus82

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 06:22:50 AM

Dyna and DNotes, I also thank you for your support and kind words Smiley

Maybe in the future I'll make another post, I just first have to think of some interesting topic first...and of course I'll also mention DNotes Cheesy
BTCWise

Activity: 267
Merit: 13

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2018, 09:00:37 AM

Hi guys, I hope its alright for me to post this here. If not please DM me for removal Smiley

I felt like attempting some fanart to commemorate the launch of DNotes 2.0 which in my opinion will lift DNotes to new heights never seen before. The art can also be found on my Redbubble store if any of you are interested in purchasing some of the items.

Below are some of the items available in the store: https://www.redbubble.com/people/big-bang-theory/works/31330182-dnotes-global-digital-currency-fanart-by-bitcointerest?asc=u&p=sticker&rel=carousel

I will use the money generated from the sales to buy more DNotes

I look forward to any feedback and if I'm not allowed to use this then please send me a message on Bitcointalk and I will make sure to remove it from my store. Kind regards,

No worries at all BTCWise! Your fanart products are most welcome.

Hi DNotes, thank you very much.
I see great things for DNotes 2.0 in the coming months. The markets are already reacting positively to the progress you guys have made. I am very happy to be part of this community. I'm still holding all my tokens despite the bad months we've had because I knew DNotes will eventually bounce back and look my gut feeling was right. Keep up the good work and I will always promote this project  Wink

BTCWise

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2018, 09:06:49 AM

Hi guys, I hope its alright for me to post this here. If not please DM me for removal Smiley

I felt like attempting some fanart to commemorate the launch of DNotes 2.0 which in my opinion will lift DNotes to new heights never seen before. The art can also be found on my Redbubble store if any of you are interested in purchasing some of the items.

Below are some of the items available in the store: https://www.redbubble.com/people/big-bang-theory/works/31330182-dnotes-global-digital-currency-fanart-by-bitcointerest?asc=u&p=sticker&rel=carousel

I will use the money generated from the sales to buy more DNotes

I look forward to any feedback and if I'm not allowed to use this then please send me a message on Bitcointalk and I will make sure to remove it from my store. Kind regards,

No worries at all BTCWise! Your fanart products are most welcome.

This is baller, BTCWise. I'm definitely going to order some of these. I fancy that black framed print a lot, maybe a canvas and a t-shirt.

Does this site accept crypto for payment?

Thank you MiningHabit, for your kind words. It really means a lot to have the communities support. The black framed print does look awesome. Plenty of other products available with the same design. I plan on adding more designs in the coming months. Just need to find some time and to get the creative juices flowing again Wink

Does this site accept crypto for payment?

Unfortunately no, they don't except Crypto payments. I did make a request but that is something that might never happen or it might take quite a while before they except Crypto payments. You can use your PayPal to buy. Apologies for the inconvenience.

Regards,

BTCWise

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2018, 10:40:53 AM

Check out the DNotes 2.0 Alpha Pre-Release video on how to setup and stake from your desktop wallet. Hope this helps with setting up your wallet for staking. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2w9r2LoXM6c

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2018, 12:11:26 PM
Last edit: April 28, 2018, 03:55:47 PM by DNotes

DNotes 2.0 Frequently Asked Questions:

Q: What is new with DNotes 2.0?

A: DNotes 2.0 is a major improvement on the original DNotes blockchain. The new blockchain will allow DNotes and its partner company DNotes Global to achieve its objective to connect DNotes to the modern world of finance and commerce. The new blockchain is faster, more secure, and consumes only a fraction of the electricity. It also allows custom invoices to be created and attached to transactions, and changes the economic incentives of the network to one that encourages savings with the switch to the Proof-Of-Stake algorithm, and paying 0.5% interest on balances that haven’t moved from a wallet address in a 30 day period (~6% per annum).

Specifications

POS
2% Annualized Staking Reward
Individual blocks reward will be Current Total Coins / 525,600 * 0.02
60 Second Block Target
0.005 Transaction Fee
Source: https://github.com/DNotesCoin/DNotes2.0
Download Wallet: https://github.com/DNotesCoin/DNotes2.0/releases/tag/v2.0.0.0
Directory DNotes2 (C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\DNotes2 on Windows)
CONF dnotes.conf (all lower case)

DNotes 2.0 Features
Switch to PoS
CRISP Reward - 0.5% interest every 30 days. Awarded by address. Calculated on a 30 day cycle.
Automated Invoicing (First Phase) - Integrated blockchain invoice number

There will be a soft deadline where DNotes mined after that block will not be redeemable for 2.0 coins:
4/16/2018
Block# 2180897
133,574,552 Will be the total swappable amount of DNotes we create
+20,000,000 Allocated to DNotes Global, Inc for Development & Growth Fund
153,574,552 Total DNotes 2.0 Created

The next update (TBD) will include:
Deferred Staking

Q: How do I swap my coins? (after April 16th)

A: Please fill out the following form: https://goo.gl/forms/EaoGpuXcz04C0KrS2

We will be performing post April 16th swap investigations beginning May 16th. Please do not send your DNotes anywhere after April 16th unless it is your own desktop wallet.

If you do happen to have pending withdrawals from the exchange to your DNotesVault HISTORIC accounts, please email us once the funds have been released. contact@dnotescoin.com

Q: I had a DNotes Vault account with DNotes in it before the swap. Have my old DNotes been swapped into the new coins?

A: Yes. We have taken care of swapping all coins held at the DNotes Vault at the time of the upgrade. You don’t need to take any action.

Q: I found some DNotes from the old blockchain, can I still swap them for the new DNotes tokens?

A: Yes, we will continue to run the old blockchain and give a reasonable period of time for people to swap their DNotes to the new DNotes 2.0 tokens. We recommend that users take action to swap their coins as soon as possible, and may treat swaps on a case by case basis.

Q: I have a paper wallet. How do I turn them into the new coins?

A: You will need to download the DNotes v1.2 software, and then use the importprivkey command in the debug console.

https://bitcoin.stackexchange.com/questions/5941/how-do-i-import-a-private-key-into-bitcoin-core

Once your wallet is updated, you will be able to send out your DNotes.

Q: What is the cutoff date for mined DNotes that can be swapped to the new DNotes blockchain?

A: We have set April 16th as the soft deadline. No DNotes mined after this date will be eligible to be swapped to DNotes running on the new blockchain. We will continue swap DNotes after that date, however the process will not be as easy and will take more time. Any DNotes 1.x purchased on exchanges after the 16th will not be eligible for the swap.

Q: What exchanges are DNotes listed on?

A: Cryptopia, Nova, Yobit, & Trade By Trade

Q: Will DNotes 2.0 be listed on new exchanges?

A: The DNotes team are working to get DNotes listed on new and larger exchanges.

Q: When will Cryptopia relist DNotes 2.0?

A: Cryptopia is relisting DNotes 2.0 on May 12, 2018.

Q: Are the new DNotes 2.0 coins worth the same as the old coins?

A: Yes, they are worth exactly the same. However we can not predict what price movements will occur at exchanges once DNotes is relisted using the new coins.

Q: I have DNotes on the exchange, do I need to remove them from the exchange?

A: Yes, as soon as possible. Please see “How do I swap my coins?”

Q: I have Mac or Specific Linux OS, will there be wallets for these?  

A: Yes!
We currently have Mac and Linux Mint Desktop wallets at DNotesCoin.com.

Q: Where is the block explorer?

A: https://chainz.cryptoid.info/note/

Q: I am trying to swap my coins from Cryptopia and I am getting Invalid Address

A: That address which begins with an "S" is your new DNotes 2.0 address and your coins on Cryptopia currently are DNotes 1.x. If you like to participate in the coin swap, you can click on the "HISTORIC" tab in your DNotesVault account, create an address, and deposit to that address which begins with a "D". We will take care of the rest, and swap your DNotes for you within a few days.

If you have any other queries, please email contact@dnotescoin.com

Staking

Q: What is Staking?

A: Staking your coins helps to support the DNotes network, and the network currently pays out roughly 5 DNotes every minute to one address on the network based on a probability that centers on how many coins the user is staking with as a percentage of the total number of coins being staked on the network. The DNotes network pays out ~2% of the total number of coins per annum. If 100% of DNotes were being used to stake on the network, then by probability each user could expect 2% growth in the number of coins they have. If only 50% of coins are used to stake, then those users could expect approximately 4% growth that year.

Q: Can I stake my coins on the DNotesVault?

A: You cannot currently stake your coins that are on the DNotesVault, you will need to withdraw your DNotes 2.0 to a local wallet and stake your coins from your local wallet. We will in a future release incorporate cold staking, which will allow you stake your coins while they are safely tucked away inside the DNotesVault. However, we do not have an ETA, it will be one of our highest priorities for next upgrades.

Q: How do I stake?

Disclaimer: It is recommended that you properly secure your computer and wallet, as well as make proper backups, before attempting to run your own staking wallet. Failure to properly secure your DNotes may result in loss or theft. If you are not familiar with the process, please start off small and familiarize yourself with the process.

You will need to download the DNotes QT wallet here: https://github.com/DNotesCoin/DNotes2.0/releases/tag/v2.0.0.0

Install the wallet (and we recommend creating a backup)
Go to settings, and then ‘encrypt wallet’. Enter your password twice (and do NOT forget it, or you will not be able to access the wallet and we can not help you).
Go to settings, and then ‘unlock wallet’, enter your password, and select “for staking only”. This will prevent any transfers from being made from your wallet without the password while you stake your coins.
Soon the arrow at the bottom will turn green. This means that your coins are now staking.

You can watch a video of these steps here from our alpha release here:
   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2w9r2LoXM6c

Q: How do I get the most out of my staking efforts?

A: There is no trick to staking efficiently. The factors involved are your coin weight versus the network coin weight and coin weight is the number of coins currently staking. The age does not matter, nor does how you divide or move your coins around.

Q: How much can I earn staking?

A: That depends on how many coins you are staking and how many coins are being staked on the network. The blockchain distributes Current Total Coins / 525,600 * 0.02 every block, or every 60 seconds. You may calculate how often you are chosen to receive the block reward by dividing your network weight verse your weight. If network weight is 100, and your weight is 5, then you would be chosen for block reward 5 blocks out of every 100.

CRISP

Q: Can I get CRISP reward AND stake at the same time?

A: Yes, the system is designed to allow you to receive CRISP on a wallet you are staking

Q: What is the CRISP reward structure?

A: CRISP periods are every 43,200 blocks (30 days). Payments start 10,080 blocks (1 week) from the end of the CRISP period.

Q: What do I need to do to earn CRISP?

A: Keep your coins in the same address for the full CRISP period 30 days, set every 43,200 blocks.

Q: When will I receive CRISP payments?

A: The next payouts are as follows:

April 27 - Ends first CRISP period.
May 4 - Payout starts. (Virtually no one will receive this payout)
May 27 - Ends second CRISP period
June 3 - Payout starts

Roughly.

Q: Do I get CRISP payments at the DNotesVault?

A: Yes! You get CRISP inside the DNotesVault, or at any address you control, such as a Desktop wallet. Though I won't suspect you will be able to get CRISP rewards from the exchanges or other online providers.

Q: Where do the CRISP coins come from?

A: The blockchain, these are newly created coins and have now become part of the new coin distribution, just like the staking reward.

Q: How do I earn the interest reward?

A: Our Cryptocurrency Investment Savings Plan (CRISP) payouts occur approximately once per month. All coins that haven’t moved address during that month period will accrue a 0.5% interest, which compounds to roughly 6.17% per annum. If you move your coins during that time, those coins will not receive the interest for that month.

Chase
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 02:46:44 PM

Amazing article Amadeus82, you are quite the story teller. You are exactly the kind of supporter we wish to grow with DNotes and becomes very successful as a result.

Thank you Amadeus82! There is no better thank you for the work we did on DNotesEDU than a from-the-heart story like yours. That is exactly the measure of success we were looking for - that people could confidently learn how to research and invest for themselves. Smiley Smiley

You don't need to apologize for your English or grammar with us. We realize this is global and applaud everyone that tells their story or joins in the conversation. I am obviously not a professional writer, I make a lot of mistakes, and only speak one language, but believe nothing should stop us from sharing what we know if it can help others.

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." -Albert Einstein-

DNotes EDU – Cryptocurrency Education For All – Accomplishments of 2018
Amadeus82

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 03:33:09 PM

Thank you Amadeus82! There is no better thank you for the work we did on DNotesEDU than a from-the-heart story like yours. That is exactly the measure of success we were looking for - that people could confidently learn how to research and invest for themselves. Smiley Smiley

You don't need to apologize for your English or grammar with us. We realize this is global and applaud everyone that tells their story or joins in the conversation. I am obviously not a professional writer, I make a lot of mistakes, and only speak one language, but believe nothing should stop us from sharing what we know if it can help others.

Thank you Chase. I must honestly admit that I'm very surprised by all the positive feedback I got for my blog Cheesy I must say that it is really good motivation to maybe write some more in the future  Cheesy I must say that I really believe in DNotes and the team behind it, so keep up the good and honest work and I'll keep promoting you as best as I can  Smiley
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2018, 09:31:08 PM

https://medium.com/@DNotes_AlanYong/crypto-is-not-a-winning-lottery-ticket-c843f3c28432

DCEBrief

Activity: 1078
Merit: 102

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 12:03:18 AM

Monex CEO: Japanese Crypto Exchanges Need Stricter Regulation

https://dcebrief.com/monex-ceo-japanese-crypto-exchanges-need-stricter-regulation/
TeeGee

Activity: 846
Merit: 535

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 03:34:36 AM

Great work. I hope many people read this article, as it encapsulates the prominent attitude of so many cryptocurrency investors. At DNotes we do not cater to the winning lottery ticket mentality type of investor (they are very fickle). Instead we cater to the investor who appreciates vision, fundamental value, and the strategic approaches that are required to win.

Amadeus82

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 08:23:43 AM

Great work. I hope many people read this article, as it encapsulates the prominent attitude of so many cryptocurrency investors. At DNotes we do not cater to the winning lottery ticket mentality type of investor (they are very fickle). Instead we cater to the investor who appreciates vision, fundamental value, and the strategic approaches that are required to win.

TeeGee that is just why I invested in DNotes and strongly support the team and it's work.

I have had enough of risky investment and shady teams behind some coins, which were only interested in pump and dump and making as much money as fast as possible. That was becoming too stressful, it was sometimes hard to even trust the public announcements those teams had made Roll Eyes

So now I'm mostly trying to find the trustworthy teams with great long term vision, and by all what I have seen and read the team behind the DNotes is definitely excellent example of that. Keep up the good work guys Wink
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 12:53:13 PM

TeeGee that is just why I invested in DNotes and strongly support the team and it's work.

I have had enough of risky investment and shady teams behind some coins, which were only interested in pump and dump and making as much money as fast as possible. That was becoming too stressful, it was sometimes hard to even trust the public announcements those teams had made Roll Eyes

So now I'm mostly trying to find the trustworthy teams with great long term vision, and by all what I have seen and read the team behind the DNotes is definitely excellent example of that. Keep up the good work guys Wink

Thank you, Amadeus82 and TeeGee for your trust and confidence in DNotes’ vision and business model. I hope there is a lesson learned by most people over the last year. While a lot of money has been made, more money has been lost by many who could ill afford it.

Think of a student, already saddled with a large student debt, took out another $7,000 in new student loan and invested half of it in December 2017 – and lost 80% of it in less than 30 days. There are many stories like that with a different twist. We can blame it on the victims for being young and naive. But don’t be shocked that many of the victims are seniors with vast experience. We all can be tempted by the idea of getting rich quick sometime.

We are proud that, for over four DNotes has been taking the lead to build a digital currency that could benefit everyone. It is being built with trust and a purpose. Our industry needs more of that. We encourage others in our industry who share that mindset to join force with us.
Dyna
Legendary

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 02:02:59 PM

Warren Buffett is not a support of our industry. I am convinced that it is something that he does not yet understand. I wished that he kept is mouth shut and not expressed his ignorance with such strong opposing opinion on a new revolutionary technology with world changing implications. 

Nonetheless, I have profound respect for Warren Buffett because of great wisdom about investing.

Here is my favorite: "Whether we're talking about socks or stocks, I like buying quality merchandise when it is marked down. That's what value investing is all about.”

I wished he had said,  ” …. Socks or stocks or digital currency

Because then, I could speculate that he had DNotes in mind. Thanks, Warren. Whether you are for us or against us, our industry can still benefit from your great wisdom. 

Enjoy your reading:

The genius of Warren Buffett in 23 quotes
By: PAUL A. MERRIMAN

One of my favorite ways to learn is to remember pithy quotations that wrap a lot of wisdom into relatively few words. Nobody does that better than Warren Buffett.

In some of my favorite quotes, Buffett preaches patience, simplicity, index funds, and understanding the difference between what you know and what you don't. He's in favor of being smart, and against being dumb.

I'll give you some examples, followed by my own comments.

Since this article is about learning, let's start with this:

"What we learn from history is that people don't learn from history." When investors get either too fearful or too greedy, they sometimes hide behind the notion that "This time it's different." Usually they regret it.

On fear and greed

"Two super-contagious diseases, fear and greed, will forever occur in the investment community. The timing of these epidemics will be unpredictable. ... We simply attempt to be fearful when others are greedy and to be greedy only when others are fearful." This is the simple recipe for being a contrarian investor.

On patience, in three examples

"No matter how great the talent or efforts, some things just take time. You can't produce a baby in one month by getting nine women pregnant."

"Our favorite holding period is forever." This is buy-and-hold investing, pure and simple.

"I don't look to jump over seven-foot bars: I look around for one-foot bars that I can step over." In my own view, index funds are the ultimate one-foot bar.

On sticking with what you know

"Risk comes from not knowing what you're doing."

"Diversification is a protection against ignorance." I think he's right on target here, and we all need this protection. We cannot possibly understand all the moving parts of the global economy and the myriad of investment choices available to us.

"Only when the tide goes out do you discover who's been swimming naked." In a bull market, everybody's a genius. But a bear market reveals who's got what it takes to achieve long-term success — and who doesn't.

"Never invest in a business you cannot understand." This is a good reason not to invest in individual stocks. I find it virtually impossible to understand the intricacies of any single company or a single industry. I can, however, understand an asset class with nearly 90 years of historical data. And I can invest in an index fund that captures that asset class.

"What counts for most people in investing is not how much they know, but rather how realistically they define what they don't know." Unfortunately, know-it-alls tend to place big financial bets. Failing to learn from their own history (see above), they keep doing so again and again.

On being smart and being successful

"You don't need to be a rocket scientist. Investing is not a game where the guy with the 160 IQ beats the guy with 130 IQ."

Along the same lines: "It is not necessary to do extraordinary things to get extraordinary results. ... By periodically investing in an index fund, the know-nothing investor can actually outperform most investment professionals."

My take on that topic: If you want above-average results with below-average risks, make regular investments in index funds and leave the money there until you need it.

Now let's look at some other Warren Buffett gems that include his thoughts on the value of value investing, the non-value of predictions, following the herd, the tarnish of gold as an investment, and more.

On value investing

"Whether we're talking about socks or stocks, I like buying quality merchandise when it is marked down." That's what value investing is all about.

On following the herd

"Most people get interested in stocks when everyone else is. The time to get interested is when no one else is. You can't buy what is popular and do well." Following the herd can be very dangerous. Just ask the many investors who staked their futures on technology stocks in 1999.

On predictions

"We have long felt that the only value of stock forecasters is to make fortune-tellers look good." I'm amazed at how many investors take market forecasters seriously, even when they have no credible track records of success.

On losing money

"Rule No.1 is never lose money. Rule No.2 is never forget Rule No. 1." Warren Buffet has broken both of these rules, as I've pointed out. Even so, he has amassed an enormous amount of wealth.

"The most important thing to do if you find yourself in a hole is to stop digging." This can be interpreted as advice to sell your losing investments. But I think a better interpretation is this: When you realize you are doing something dumb with your money, stop it.

On good habits

"Chains of habits are too light to be felt until they are too heavy to be broken." This next quote describes a very good habit.

"Do not save what is left after spending, but spend what is left after saving." This is known as paying yourself first, and it works brilliantly for investors who develop this habit while they are young.

"You shouldn't own common stocks if a 50% decrease in their value in a short period of time would cause you acute distress." Losses like this are infrequent, but they are normal enough that you should expect them. You can significantly reduce this risk by adding bonds to your portfolio.

"With enough insider information and a million dollars, you can go broke in a year." I have seen several investors lose everything because they followed what they thought was trustworthy inside information.

On gold

"I will say this about gold. If you took all the gold in the world, it would roughly make a cube 67 feet on a side ... Now for that same cube of gold, it would be worth at today's market prices about $7 trillion — that's probably about a third of the value of all the stocks in the United States. For $7 trillion, you could have all the farmland in the United States, you could have about seven Exxon Mobil Corporations plus a trillion dollars of walking-around money. ... If you offered me the choice of looking at some 67-foot cube of gold all day, ... call me crazy, but I'll take the farmland and the Exxon Mobil Corporations."

My favorite Buffett quote

"You only have to do a very few things right in your life so long as you don't do too many things wrong." This is my favorite Buffett quote. Long-term success belongs to those investors who consistently focus on doing a few things right and on avoiding the worst errors.
Source: https://www.marketwatch.com/story/the-genius-of-warren-buffett-in-23-quotes-2015-08-19

Pages: « 1 ... 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 [190] 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 ... 352 »
  Print  

Jump to: