Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 03:36:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 [195] 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 ... 352 »
  Print  
Author Topic: DNotes 2.0 - Staking, CRISP Interest, DNotes Pay  (Read 148795 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (3 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1111

DNotes

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2018, 04:18:56 PM

How do we know if our vote went through? When it gets posted on FB? Because it went to all of my 292 friends on FB. I guess that means the vote actually went through?

As far as I can tell it has not worked for the people I have sent there, and the number has not changed according to the number of people saying that they have signed up. So I am working with their support team.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2018, 05:45:37 PM

http://moneyforlunch.com/success-in-business-depends-on-these-four-pillars/

Denver Dan

Activity: 39
Merit: 28

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 08:41:32 PM

How do we know if our vote went through? When it gets posted on FB? Because it went to all of my 292 friends on FB. I guess that means the vote actually went through?

As far as I can tell it has not worked for the people I have sent there, and the number has not changed according to the number of people saying that they have signed up. So I am working with their support team.

I've sent some people there as well, and their vote is not showing.
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2018, 09:44:48 PM

I've sent some people there as well, and their vote is not showing.

Agreed, certainly not working. I will let everyone know when I get a response.

DCEBrief

Activity: 1078
Merit: 102

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 09:45:08 PM

Nasdaq CEO: Open to Eventually Providing Platform for Crypto Trading

https://dcebrief.com/nasdaq-ceo-open-to-eventually-providing-platform-for-crypto-trading/
quanminh2533

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 10:00:20 AM

Good project, I hope good price this coin for listing in exchanges. Hopeful!
Amadeus82

Activity: 327
Merit: 16

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 11:52:48 AM

Do not worry, this coin has great team behind it and great future ahead. I'm always emphasizing how important is to have great and responsible team behind the coin.

You can check this link, to se an example what happens with perspective coin, if the team is not serious and dedicated: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1504342.1340

DCEBrief

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 08:16:29 PM

Philippines Will Allow 10 Crypto Firms to Operate in Economic Zone

https://dcebrief.com/philippines-will-allow-10-crypto-firms-to-operate-in-economic-zone/
Dyna
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1060

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 02:41:13 AM

Do not worry, this coin has great team behind it and great future ahead. I'm always emphasizing how important is to have great and responsible team behind the coin.

You can check this link, to se an example what happens with perspective coin, if the team is not serious and dedicated: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1504342.1340

Thank you for sharing the link, Amadeus82. Very sad. I don't own any Vcash, and still feel the pain.

One of the biggest problems of the "decentralized world" is being leaderless and no one controls the decentralized entity. Should it become too chaotic self interest rules.

The popular claim that "we have a great community" needs verification. It is not sustainable without strong commitment from a development team. It takes time to build a real business. And time creates a track record that is verifiable. Also look for consistency of messaging and actual deliveries of promises. Be reasonable, no one has a perfect track records because of variables and the uncontrollable.
TeeGee

Activity: 846
Merit: 535

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 03:50:32 AM

The DNotes Telegram group has awarded its first 500 DNote giveaway through lottery!

Every 50 new members that join the group, we will host a lottery for 500 DNotes, all the way up to 10000 members (200 lotteries). Be sure to jump into our Telegram channel through the link below so that you can be eligible!

https://t.me/joinchat/FB-UaUjrQiji-EBatHLsuA

BTCWise

Activity: 267
Merit: 13

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2018, 08:59:31 AM

Hi DNotes, I would love to vote but for some reason I keep getting an error (Invalid Passowrd) when trying to login for voting. I can login to my dashbaord but not when I click on vote in the DNotes column. Do you know why this is happening. Regards,

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2018, 09:19:27 AM

Hi DNotes, I would love to vote but for some reason I keep getting an error (Invalid Passowrd) when trying to login for voting. I can login to my dashbaord but not when I click on vote in the DNotes column. Do you know why this is happening. Regards,

Hi BTCWise, thanks for supporting us on crytaldash! We have had multiple reports of issues when trying to vote for DNotes and I am trying to work their team to resolve it. It would be helpful if you could report the issue to their support staff, it may help in figuring out why the votes don't seem to be counted.

BTCWise

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2018, 09:26:01 AM

Hi BTCWise, thanks for supporting us on crytaldash! We have had multiple reports of issues when trying to vote for DNotes and I am trying to work their team to resolve it. It would be helpful if you could report the issue to their support staff, it may help in figuring out why the votes don't seem to be counted.

I will do that. Hope they can fix this soon. We need DNotes at the top of that list Smiley

BTCWise

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2018, 09:46:22 AM

Hi DNotes, I managed to fix the issue. Some instructions for new users thinking of voting.

Step 1: Look for DNotes in the list or you can use Ctr+F on a windows PC or Cmd+F on a Mac and type in DNotes.

Step 2: Click on the vote button on the right side of the column. A new window will popup.

Step 3: Now choose your option. I chose social share.

Step 4: Fill out the form and signup as a new user with an email that you can verify (important).

Step 5: All you have to do now is share the links on all the social media platforms that you have an account with.

These are the five steps to get DNotes listed on cryptaldash.com

Hope this helps.
Regards,

BTCWise

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2018, 10:00:15 AM

Hi DNotes, I managed to fix the issue. Some instructions for new users thinking of voting.

Step 1: Look for DNotes in the list or you can use Ctr+F on a windows PC or Cmd+F on a Mac and type in DNotes.

Step 2: Click on the vote button on the right side of the column. A new window will popup.

Step 4: Fill out the form and signup as a new user with an email that you can verify (important).

Step 5: All you have to do now is share the links on all the social media platforms that you have an account with.

Hope this helps.
Regards,

I was able to share on Facebook, Twitter and Linkedin.
I'm planning on posting this on Steemit and Quora as well. Good luck team Smiley

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2018, 01:28:00 PM

Hope this helps.
Regards,

I was able to share on Facebook, Twitter and Linkedin.
I'm planning on posting this on Steemit and Quora as well. Good luck team Smiley

Perfect! Thank you for creating the steps, that is very helpful.

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2018, 01:28:27 PM
Last edit: April 28, 2018, 03:52:56 PM by DNotes

DNotes 2.0 Frequently Asked Questions:

Q: What is new with DNotes 2.0?

A: DNotes 2.0 is a major improvement on the original DNotes blockchain. The new blockchain will allow DNotes and its partner company DNotes Global to achieve its objective to connect DNotes to the modern world of finance and commerce. The new blockchain is faster, more secure, and consumes only a fraction of the electricity. It also allows custom invoices to be created and attached to transactions, and changes the economic incentives of the network to one that encourages savings with the switch to the Proof-Of-Stake algorithm, and paying 0.5% interest on balances that haven’t moved from a wallet address in a 30 day period (~6% per annum).

Specifications

POS
2% Annualized Staking Reward
Individual blocks reward will be Current Total Coins / 525,600 * 0.02
60 Second Block Target
0.005 Transaction Fee
Source: https://github.com/DNotesCoin/DNotes2.0
Download Wallet: https://github.com/DNotesCoin/DNotes2.0/releases/tag/v2.0.0.0
Directory DNotes2 (C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\DNotes2 on Windows)
CONF dnotes.conf (all lower case)

DNotes 2.0 Features
Switch to PoS
CRISP Reward - 0.5% interest every 30 days. Awarded by address. Calculated on a 30 day cycle.
Automated Invoicing (First Phase) - Integrated blockchain invoice number

There will be a soft deadline where DNotes mined after that block will not be redeemable for 2.0 coins:
4/16/2018
Block# 2180897
133,574,552 Will be the total swappable amount of DNotes we create
+20,000,000 Allocated to DNotes Global, Inc for Development & Growth Fund
153,574,552 Total DNotes 2.0 Created

The next update (TBD) will include:
Deferred Staking

Q: How do I swap my coins? (after April 16th)

A: Please fill out the following form: https://goo.gl/forms/EaoGpuXcz04C0KrS2

We will be performing post April 16th swap investigations beginning May 16th. Please do not send your DNotes anywhere after April 16th unless it is your own desktop wallet.

If you do happen to have pending withdrawals from the exchange to your DNotesVault HISTORIC accounts, please email us once the funds have been released. contact@dnotescoin.com

Q: I had a DNotes Vault account with DNotes in it before the swap. Have my old DNotes been swapped into the new coins?

A: Yes. We have taken care of swapping all coins held at the DNotes Vault at the time of the upgrade. You don’t need to take any action.

Q: I found some DNotes from the old blockchain, can I still swap them for the new DNotes tokens?

A: Yes, we will continue to run the old blockchain and give a reasonable period of time for people to swap their DNotes to the new DNotes 2.0 tokens. We recommend that users take action to swap their coins as soon as possible, and may treat swaps on a case by case basis.

Q: I have a paper wallet. How do I turn them into the new coins?

A: You will need to download the DNotes v1.2 software, and then use the importprivkey command in the debug console.

https://bitcoin.stackexchange.com/questions/5941/how-do-i-import-a-private-key-into-bitcoin-core

Once your wallet is updated, you will be able to send out your DNotes.

Q: What is the cutoff date for mined DNotes that can be swapped to the new DNotes blockchain?

A: We have set April 16th as the soft deadline. No DNotes mined after this date will be eligible to be swapped to DNotes running on the new blockchain. We will continue swap DNotes after that date, however the process will not be as easy and will take more time. Any DNotes 1.x purchased on exchanges after the 16th will not be eligible for the swap.

Q: What exchanges are DNotes listed on?

A: Cryptopia, Nova, Yobit, & Trade By Trade

Q: Will DNotes 2.0 be listed on new exchanges?

A: The DNotes team are working to get DNotes listed on new and larger exchanges.

Q: When will Cryptopia relist DNotes 2.0?

A: Cryptopia is relisting DNotes 2.0 on May 12, 2018.

Q: Are the new DNotes 2.0 coins worth the same as the old coins?

A: Yes, they are worth exactly the same. However we can not predict what price movements will occur at exchanges once DNotes is relisted using the new coins.

Q: I have DNotes on the exchange, do I need to remove them from the exchange?

A: Yes, as soon as possible. Please see “How do I swap my coins?”

Q: I have Mac or Specific Linux OS, will there be wallets for these?  

A: Yes!
We currently have Mac and Linux Mint Desktop wallets at DNotesCoin.com.

Q: Where is the block explorer?

A: https://chainz.cryptoid.info/note/

Q: I am trying to swap my coins from Cryptopia and I am getting Invalid Address

A: That address which begins with an "S" is your new DNotes 2.0 address and your coins on Cryptopia currently are DNotes 1.x. If you like to participate in the coin swap, you can click on the "HISTORIC" tab in your DNotesVault account, create an address, and deposit to that address which begins with a "D". We will take care of the rest, and swap your DNotes for you within a few days.

If you have any other queries, please email contact@dnotescoin.com

Staking

Q: What is Staking?

A: Staking your coins helps to support the DNotes network, and the network currently pays out roughly 5 DNotes every minute to one address on the network based on a probability that centers on how many coins the user is staking with as a percentage of the total number of coins being staked on the network. The DNotes network pays out ~2% of the total number of coins per annum. If 100% of DNotes were being used to stake on the network, then by probability each user could expect 2% growth in the number of coins they have. If only 50% of coins are used to stake, then those users could expect approximately 4% growth that year.

Q: Can I stake my coins on the DNotesVault?

A: You cannot currently stake your coins that are on the DNotesVault, you will need to withdraw your DNotes 2.0 to a local wallet and stake your coins from your local wallet. We will in a future release incorporate cold staking, which will allow you stake your coins while they are safely tucked away inside the DNotesVault. However, we do not have an ETA, it will be one of our highest priorities for next upgrades.

Q: How do I stake?

Disclaimer: It is recommended that you properly secure your computer and wallet, as well as make proper backups, before attempting to run your own staking wallet. Failure to properly secure your DNotes may result in loss or theft. If you are not familiar with the process, please start off small and familiarize yourself with the process.

You will need to download the DNotes QT wallet here: https://github.com/DNotesCoin/DNotes2.0/releases/tag/v2.0.0.0

Install the wallet (and we recommend creating a backup)
Go to settings, and then ‘encrypt wallet’. Enter your password twice (and do NOT forget it, or you will not be able to access the wallet and we can not help you).
Go to settings, and then ‘unlock wallet’, enter your password, and select “for staking only”. This will prevent any transfers from being made from your wallet without the password while you stake your coins.
Soon the arrow at the bottom will turn green. This means that your coins are now staking.

You can watch a video of these steps here from our alpha release here:
   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2w9r2LoXM6c

Q: How do I get the most out of my staking efforts?

A: There is no trick to staking efficiently. The factors involved are your coin weight versus the network coin weight and coin weight is the number of coins currently staking. The age does not matter, nor does how you divide or move your coins around.

Q: How much can I earn staking?

A: That depends on how many coins you are staking and how many coins are being staked on the network. The blockchain distributes Current Total Coins / 525,600 * 0.02 every block, or every 60 seconds. You may calculate how often you are chosen to receive the block reward by dividing your network weight verse your weight. If network weight is 100, and your weight is 5, then you would be chosen for block reward 5 blocks out of every 100.

CRISP

Q: Can I get CRISP reward AND stake at the same time?

A: Yes, the system is designed to allow you to receive CRISP on a wallet you are staking

Q: What is the CRISP reward structure?

A: CRISP periods are every 43,200 blocks (30 days). Payments start 10,080 blocks (1 week) from the end of the CRISP period.

Q: What do I need to do to earn CRISP?

A: Keep your coins in the same address for the full CRISP period 30 days, set every 43,200 blocks.

Q: When will I receive CRISP payments?

A: The next payouts are as follows:

April 27 - Ends first CRISP period.
May 4 - Payout starts. (Virtually no one will receive this payout)
May 27 - Ends second CRISP period
June 3 - Payout starts

Roughly.

Q: Do I get CRISP payments at the DNotesVault?

A: Yes! You get CRISP inside the DNotesVault, or at any address you control, such as a Desktop wallet. Though I won't suspect you will be able to get CRISP rewards from the exchanges or other online providers.

Q: Where do the CRISP coins come from?

A: The blockchain, these are newly created coins and have now become part of the new coin distribution, just like the staking reward.

Q: How do I earn the interest reward?

A: Our Cryptocurrency Investment Savings Plan (CRISP) payouts occur approximately once per month. All coins that haven’t moved address during that month period will accrue a 0.5% interest, which compounds to roughly 6.17% per annum. If you move your coins during that time, those coins will not receive the interest for that month.

DNotes 2.0.1 Update -  Scheduled for Monday April 30th

All, we will be releasing an update scheduled for Monday, April 30th. We are removing transaction limitations for transactions that have more than 50 inputs into a single transaction as well as reduce the number of CRISP addresses processed during CRISP payout blocks. The limitation would cause transactions to be rejected by the network that require more than 50 inputs into a transaction. This would become an issue eventually for large volume users and those who are staking, forcing them to make smaller transactions.

What are inputs?
When we send DNotes to another address, we are technically spending previous unspent inputs of transactions on the blockchain that belong to the addresses in our wallet.

For example:
Jill and Tom each sent 50 DNotes to Mary.
Mary now has 100 DNotes, comprised of 2 unspent transaction inputs of 50.
Then Mary wants to send 25 DNotes to Bob.
When Mary sends 25 DNotes to Bob, the wallet figures out that it has to spend 1 of the 2 unspent transactions for 50 DNotes, sending 25 to Bob and 25 in change back to Mary's wallet.

What happens if a node doesn't upgrade?
Eventually that node will create its own fork on the network, incompatible with the rest of the network, by rejecting transactions that have over 50 inputs. That node can correct itself by upgrading at any point in time there after and updating the blockchain.

What are the potential risks?
Transactions created on a fork and not the main chain of the network would be invalid on the main blockchain.

How do I protect myself against this risk?
Once released, make sure you are using DNotes 2.0.1, which you will be able to check in the wallet by clicking Help then clicking About DNotes. That will ensure you are on the correct blockchain.

What is the upgrade process?
Once the new downloads are available, simply download the new wallet application. You will be able to use the new wallet as you would have previously.

I will post an announcement on DNotes website once we are ready with the new updated files. This notification is just to prepare everyone that it will be coming.

Dyna
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1060

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 04:19:48 PM

There is a lot going on at Telegram. Just sharing one of my posts.

Quote from DNotes Telegram Channel:

Quote from Mark Gibb:
Thank Frank, im new to telegram and dnotes telegram have noticed admin next to some names.  I was looking for some thoughts and opinions.  How would Dnotes differenciate from TokenPay? They seem like they will be providing the same services or have i missunderstood the white paper.

Quote from Alan Yong:
The biggest difference is that DNotes is solving a different problem – the mass adoption of digital currency in global commerce. In this case all the relevant problems, with viable solutions at different point in time. (Completed, work in progress, those currently on the roadmap, and much more to come).

Think of mass adoption as system consisting of many parts and that system will only work when all the component parts are in the right place performing their functions as intended. How much would you pay for a component, a set of components, or a complete system? That framework of evaluation could help to determine the worth of different crypto currencies.

Every coin is claiming that they are the best, the finest, the fastest, the most secure, etc. … Often they are boasting about their technology as if they just created the ingenious distributed ledger consensus system, blockchain technology, smart contracts, and so on.  Let’s agree that some have added innovative features and improvements – typical of technology evolution. It constantly evolves and get better.

Technology is just one of many components needed to gain mass adoption. Despite that, when it comes to technology, DNotes is not far behind from the best and quite definitely equal to most. And don’t forget, we waited for the technology to become more mature before we jumped in and we did. In short, we are just getting start and already equal to most.

With nothing else considered but just technology DNotes is undervalued relative to technology. Help yourself to figure out what else is DNotes doing and why.

I will be back to support you when I have a chance. Thanks.
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2018, 07:33:58 PM

DNotes 2.0.1 Update -  Scheduled for Monday April 30th

All, we will be releasing an update scheduled for Monday, April 30th. We are removing transaction limitations for transactions that have more than 50 inputs into a single transaction as well as reduce the number of CRISP addresses processed during CRISP payout blocks. The limitation would cause transactions to be rejected by the network that require more than 50 inputs into a transaction. This would become an issue eventually for large volume users and those who are staking, forcing them to make smaller transactions.

What are inputs?
When we send DNotes to another address, we are technically spending previous unspent inputs of transactions on the blockchain that belong to the addresses in our wallet.

For example:
Jill and Tom each sent 50 DNotes to Mary.
Mary now has 100 DNotes, comprised of 2 unspent transaction inputs of 50.
Then Mary wants to send 25 DNotes to Bob.
When Mary sends 25 DNotes to Bob, the wallet figures out that it has to spend 1 of the 2 unspent transactions for 50 DNotes, sending 25 to Bob and 25 in change back to Mary's wallet.

What happens if a node doesn't upgrade?
Eventually that node will create its own fork on the network, incompatible with the rest of the network, by rejecting transactions that have over 50 inputs. That node can correct itself by upgrading at any point in time there after and updating the blockchain.

What are the potential risks?
Transactions created on a fork and not the main chain of the network would be invalid on the main blockchain.

How do I protect myself against this risk?
Once released, make sure you are using DNotes 2.0.1, which you will be able to check in the wallet by clicking Help then clicking About DNotes. That will ensure you are on the correct blockchain.

What is the upgrade process?
Once the new downloads are available, simply download the new wallet application. You will be able to use the new wallet as you would have previously.

I will post an announcement on DNotes website once we are ready with the new updated files. This notification is just to prepare everyone that it will be coming.

Download the DNotes v2.0.1 Updated Wallet

Release:
https://github.com/DNotesCoin/DNotes2.0/releases

Source:
https://github.com/DNotesCoin/DNotes2.0

Windows:
https://github.com/DNotesCoin/DNotes2.0/releases/download/v2.0.1.0/dnotes-qt.exe

Mac:
https://github.com/DNotesCoin/DNotes2.0/releases/download/v2.0.1.0/dnotes-qt.app.zip

If you have the previous version of the wallet, you can simply replace it with the new version from the download links.

DCEBrief

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 11:45:37 PM

Malta’s Cabinet Approves Three Crypto-Related Bills

https://dcebrief.com/maltas-cabinet-approves-three-crypto-related-bills/
Pages: « 1 ... 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 [195] 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 ... 352 »
  Print  

Jump to: