Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 02:32:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Windows Desktop Bitcoin Lending Bot for Poloniex  (Read 15224 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
brobbel

Activity: 966
Merit: 342

View Profile
June 20, 2017, 02:32:33 PM

....In terms the other - much appreciated but save it for credits Smiley

..that is only working, when I make interest. My Credits are BTC in my own local PoloLen wallet, as I understood.
And you only get payed your 5% of the interest each time I make some.
A tip button would do the job too... give it the picture of a beer can,  and put a 0.0008 BTC behind it ;-)

The credits have to be paid through the blockchain, because the bot can't withdraw from Poloniex. When you look at the TAB API, you see:

This address is for adding credits. Do not deposit lending funds to this address.

The address mentioned there is used for the 5% of the interest, but it is an address of barcodeguy.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
barcodeguy (OP)

Activity: 145
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2017, 09:54:57 PM

Hi All,

Build 1.0.1.4 has been posted. Existing users, please make sure you back up your existing copy to be on the safe side. Also, please double check the website instructions to make sure you copy the right files from the old folder to the new one. Also, once you're back up and running please double check deviation calculations. I had to make some hard changes to wallet data which have carried across OK but it's worth a double check before you start it lending.

This is what's changed:
In Deviation Calculations the minimum rate can now be adjusted both negative and positive - IE you can adjust, in deviations, higher and lower than average.

I fixed a couple of exceptions that were not being caught in Cancel Loan functionality and in loading open offers. In those areas if the Poloniex API returned an error you might have seen an ugly system dialog. It's now being handled more gracefully.

Now when placing manual loan offers the automatic lending stops. This is more or less to be nice to the Poloniex API. It also means that you probably don't want to leave the place offer dialog open and walk away from it or your loans won't auto lend.

I adjusted the manual loan offer dialog to work much differently. It's now designed to work in volume. First off, it'll stay open unless you close it yourself. This is so you can use it to place multiple loans in one sitting. Second, if you really want to place multiple loans you can set it to offer multiple loans. When you use it enter your total loan amount, rate, and duration. Then enter how many loans you want to issue. It'll do the math. Note that when loans are issuing they only try once with Poloniex so please watch the log. It's at least possible that Poloniex is having a bad day (or DDOS) and won't post the loan.

I added a slider in the Deviation Calculations window to allow you to manage the rate in which step down protection drops down. Long story short it's equivalent to what you are running now is 16 and that's what it will default to. If you put it up to 20 there will be no step down protection at all. If you go down to 1 it'll take quite a while to drop down if the market tanks from a high rate.

The hourly chart has been bumped to three hours of data and now shows market, recommended, manual, minimum, and postings. Their's a picture of it above here somewhere from this morning.

Finally I did some general cleanup around the application and added status bars on the bottom. Those just dress it up a little bit and give indicators of what it's doing if you're not looking at the log.

Take care everyone!

If you lend on Poloniex try Pololen at http://PoloniexBitcoinLendingBot.com - the Windows based decentralized lending bot.
thisisbitduck

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2017, 10:36:46 PM

Should've named it POLLEN Smiley
barcodeguy (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2017, 10:48:21 PM

Should've named it POLLEN Smiley

Sneeze your way to riches Smiley

If you lend on Poloniex try Pololen at http://PoloniexBitcoinLendingBot.com - the Windows based decentralized lending bot.
GoogleBit

Activity: 213
Merit: 104

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 09:55:41 AM

...he did it again ;-)

Thanks Dev !

I will be in the Outback from August on for a few months and would like to have PoloLen doing my job over here ;-)
As it is, it looks like it will do the job perfectly!

I hope we get a day like yesterday soon, with big moves. That improved my DB quite a bit. Lowest rate in my PoloLen was 0.05%, now is up to 0.12xx%.
And finally I got it with the Deviation ;-)

Just in case, you think it could be improved, here a few suggestions ;-)

- show the amount BTC I have in my lending account available
- "Submit manual offer" does not show "finished" after placing all my little orders.
- "Submit manual offer" add "auto renew" tick box.

Would be nice:
- if my rec. current offer is equal to the one before, don't terminate.
- if my rec. offer is lower then my previous one, don't terminate previous one, till rec. offer moves above.

Wishlist:
- I would like to see how successful a setting is. Mybe have a reset button to reset "Profit Last 24h and 60days", or have two of them.
   Or at least have a % value there instead of $, with the respective lent amount. (not sure how to do this in reasonable numbers...)

Fantasy:
- be able to include "polos available offers" in the decision process, where the next offer will be placed. Because if offers go below 2300BTC, things start going crazy, and I would like to have my reate increase higher then usual.
  And/or let the actual BTC price have an influence...

Haluzinations:
- create a graph. I try to find a clever way to make the whole thing "visible":
  available Loan offers, with a fading background color red to green (about 2000-8000BTC)
  see the big offers (blocks)
  see my offers and loans already lent (dot)
  see my active lendings duration in days (2-60)
  see my average successful lending rate (24h and 60days)

...and so on ;-)

Thank you very, very much again, stay tuned !
TRoze

Activity: 14

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 10:56:35 AM

I had exactly the same effect. I installed, started, and was running. Closed it, restarted, no wallet file .....
So I reinstalled it from scratch, never had a problem since...

....waiting for a next release ;-)

Okay, I will try this first before bugging barcodeguy and having him make me a new wallet file.  Hope this works fingers crossed! Smiley
barcodeguy (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2017, 11:06:57 AM

TRoze,

I sent a rebuilt wallet to the email you PM'd me a day or two ago.

You had mentioned that the app was running but not lending. Are you trying to lend less then 0.01 BTC? If so, Poloniex doesn't allow it and the application just waits for the minimum to show up in your lending account before it lends.

I had exactly the same effect. I installed, started, and was running. Closed it, restarted, no wallet file .....
So I reinstalled it from scratch, never had a problem since...

....waiting for a next release ;-)

Okay, I will try this first before bugging barcodeguy and having him make me a new wallet file.  Hope this works fingers crossed! Smiley

BitcoinPC

Activity: 812
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 11:50:01 AM

The project sounds nice, although I see that getting a lot of people to use it is going to be rough.  If you were full on open source, then sure, but asking people to put their API credentials into your software for a major trading exchange, basically giving you and your software to move and withdraw funds, in addition to the things that your software can do, is never going to happen.

A larger, well known company might pull it off closed code, but not a small developer. 

barcodeguy (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2017, 12:16:02 PM

The project sounds nice, although I see that getting a lot of people to use it is going to be rough.  If you were full on open source, then sure, but asking people to put their API credentials into your software for a major trading exchange, basically giving you and your software to move and withdraw funds, in addition to the things that your software can do, is never going to happen.

A larger, well known company might pull it off closed code, but not a small developer. 

Perhaps you might want to reread the description. No trading, no withdrawal. I wouldn't turn them on for any piece of software and I wouldn't ask a user to either.

brobbel

Activity: 966
Merit: 342

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 12:17:46 PM

The project sounds nice, although I see that getting a lot of people to use it is going to be rough.  If you were full on open source, then sure, but asking people to put their API credentials into your software for a major trading exchange, basically giving you and your software to move and withdraw funds, in addition to the things that your software can do, is never going to happen.

I see you did not researched this.

1) This isn't a trading bot, but a lending bot.
2) API has to be created WITHOUT withdraw function, so it can move but NEVER withdraw funds. And moving is restricted within Poloniex from exchange to lending (possible vice versa, although not implemented). Only loan offers are made, so in the worst possible case your funds are receiving up to 60 days interest.

EDIT:
barcodeguy, you were just ahead of me.
marioG

Activity: 14

View Profile
June 22, 2017, 06:00:55 AM

The latest release is working very well.
You added the right functions, well done.

Hopefully you get big bucks ;-)

thx
silvie_S

Activity: 10

View Profile
June 22, 2017, 08:43:41 AM

Thanks barcodeguy !

Everything is working well so far, great work !
The rate drop slider is great.

One thing, in submit manual Ooffer when I cancel an operation, and set a new percentage, and offer again it does not recalculate numer of offers.

Any new features soon ?

GoogleBit

View Profile
June 22, 2017, 10:23:14 AM

... Dev  you should not bring out such a tool when the weather is that nice !

Quite a strange day, with 11500BTc available on Polo, that's new to me ....

As usual I have some more ideas ;-)

- in general, take off -0.0001 from Deviation Recommended, to make sure to be 0.0001 lower then next big offer

- monitor BTC price and/or volume to be prepared (somehow), when a next wave is incoming

The "Dept BTC" in $ is good to have. But I think it would have a better relation to the market, If I could set a percentage instead.
Especially when availabe BTC moves between 1700 - 11500 BTC !

..another solution could be having an automated mechanism which is depending on the BTCs available.

Loan Rate up = set Depth BTC higher (to 16BTC)  at around 8000BTC
Loan Rate down = set Depth BTC lower (to 8BTC)  at around 2000BTC

...have fun ;-)

cheers, MAX

barcodeguy (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2017, 10:24:02 AM

Thanks Silvie,

I'll get that one one the list. I'll post in a moment about some new stuff coming.

Thanks barcodeguy !

Everything is working well so far, great work !
The rate drop slider is great.

One thing, in submit manual Ooffer when I cancel an operation, and set a new percentage, and offer again it does not recalculate numer of offers.

Any new features soon ?

barcodeguy (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2017, 10:25:13 AM

I'll see if I can find a way to track and test and see how the market moves (and if I can get the full on loan data from the API.)

... Dev  you should not bring out such a tool when the weather is that nice !

Quite a strange day, with 11500BTc available on Polo, that's new to me ....

As usual I have some more ideas ;-)

- in general, take off -0.0001 from Deviation Recommended, to make sure to be 0.0001 lower then next big offer

- monitor BTC price and/or volume to be prepared (somehow), when a next wave is incoming

The "Dept BTC" in $ is good to have. But I think it would have a better relation to the market, If I could set a percentage instead.
Especially when availabe BTC moves between 1700 - 11500 BTC !

..another solution could be having an automated mechanism which is depending on the BTCs available.

Loan Rate up = set Depth BTC higher (to 16)  at around 8000BTC
Loan Rate down = set Depth BTC lower (to Cool  at around 2000BTC

...have fun ;-)

cheers, MAX

barcodeguy (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2017, 10:34:21 AM

Hi Folks,

Next build will include (at least) -

Rate shown in title bar
Mouseover on tables so you can mouse a point and see the rate associated with it.
Adding the 2 week average to the 3 hour chart.
Changing both charts so that the average shows nicer - ie not the thick red lines.
I'm also going to change the default point structure. I'm going with a suggestion Dabs made a few days ago. Current rates are now maintained on the website. New users (or any user for that matter) will be prompted to download current market rates when they click save on the API. That said, of course it won't work until the next build.

This is current market rates image that's somewhat live, being updated every 10 minutes or so. http://www.poloniexbitcoinlendingbot.com/pololen/market.png

EDIT: Added actual image.

GoogleBit

View Profile
June 22, 2017, 10:54:54 AM
Last edit: June 22, 2017, 01:50:19 PM by GoogleBit

From your last changelog "Added ability to interact with the server to get a single line message from the server", what the hell is that ?

...otherwise, I'm ready   Roll Eyes

(Edit)
....aaah, you can display messages in PoloLen, got it.
barcodeguy (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2017, 10:29:15 PM

Hi All,

Not sure if it's valuable to you or not, but I've put up a stats page on the website that shows the two week average rate, two week deviation from average, week chart, hourly chart (based on my settings), and my current settings on the bottom. It updates every 15 minutes or so.

http://www.poloniexbitcoinlendingbot.com/pololen/

I figured it might be good to have an online reference of what the market is doing.

Now I'm taking the night off. Take care everyone.

barcodeguy (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2017, 12:57:21 AM

Hi GoogleBit,

Yup that's correct. It allows me to put important news or what have you in the bottom status bar.

From your last changelog "Added ability to interact with the server to get a single line message from the server", what the hell is that ?

...otherwise, I'm ready   Roll Eyes

(Edit)
....aaah, you can display messages in PoloLen, got it.

silverkamote

Activity: 28

View Profile
June 23, 2017, 01:49:25 AM

Well thank you very much. It sucks lending manually alongside your bot. Smiley
How do two or three of them work together, as I've seen that it reacts to placed bids immediately - do they chase each other?
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: