Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 04:27:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Windows Desktop Bitcoin Lending Bot for Poloniex  (Read 15227 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
SomethingMAD

Activity: 94
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 23, 2017, 04:01:05 AM

I still do not understand how this device works?
My english is very bad.
Is this a bot to trade?  Huh

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
brobbel

Activity: 966
Merit: 342

View Profile
June 23, 2017, 04:23:47 AM

My english is very bad.
Is this a bot to trade?  Huh

Either you should use Google Translate or you should read the thread: no it is not a bot to trade.

It is a bot to lend money on Poloniex. The title says it all...
GoogleBit

Activity: 213
Merit: 104

View Profile
June 23, 2017, 05:34:19 AM

Hi GoogleBit,

Yup that's correct. It allows me to put important news or what have you in the bottom status bar.

From your last changelog "Added ability to interact with the server to get a single line message from the server", what the hell is that ?

...otherwise, I'm ready   Roll Eyes

(Edit)
....aaah, you can display messages in PoloLen, got it.

....I have in my status bar a message that says, I'm the biggest and best, and I get a free lifetime version from you....  ;-)
brobbel

View Profile
June 23, 2017, 06:11:39 AM

Hi GoogleBit,

Yup that's correct. It allows me to put important news or what have you in the bottom status bar.

From your last changelog "Added ability to interact with the server to get a single line message from the server", what the hell is that ?

(Edit)

....I have in my status bar a message that says, I'm the biggest and best, and I get a free lifetime version from you....  ;-)

Hey, you too? Wink
klaaas

Activity: 1568
Merit: 544

View Profile
June 23, 2017, 09:16:34 AM

Watch your minimal rate change when you adjust the deviation.

It does its job very well,Some more deviation options to choose from or even a manual input box would be a suggestion.

Shopping online and sats back as a discount! (satsback) + LightningNetwork
barcodeguy (OP)

Activity: 145
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2017, 11:07:55 AM

Well thank you very much. It sucks lending manually alongside your bot. Smiley
How do two or three of them work together, as I've seen that it reacts to placed bids immediately - do they chase each other?

I don't think it would work well - but I'll admit I've never tested it. They definitely wouldn't work together on one API. All the API calls include a "nonce" which essentially denotes the order of the calls to the API  and if requests are made out of the expected order the API gets very unhappy.

If you lend on Poloniex try Pololen at http://PoloniexBitcoinLendingBot.com - the Windows based decentralized lending bot.
barcodeguy (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2017, 11:08:41 AM

You guys are the best, but I still need beer money.

Hi GoogleBit,

(Edit)

....I have in my status bar a message that says, I'm the biggest and best, and I get a free lifetime version from you....  ;-)

Hey, you too? Wink

If you lend on Poloniex try Pololen at http://PoloniexBitcoinLendingBot.com - the Windows based decentralized lending bot.
barcodeguy (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2017, 11:19:46 AM

Klaas,

Are you thinking a wider range or more detail within the current range, or both? I try to avoid manual entry where I can as different cultures use different number formatting and the less error checking I have to do the smaller I can keep the app. Early on I changed the bot to only run in one culture (English Language, US as that's where I'm from) because there were issues with numbering - 0,0 vs 0.0 for instance, among other problems. Because of that decision I try to limit manual entry everywhere I can so that I can trust that the value entered into the control is compatible with the culture the app is running at.

I certainly can add numbers to the drop down if that helps though, but I don't want it so big it's unwieldy. So, I guess my question is do you need the steps less than .1 - ie 1.00, 1.10, 1.20 etc, or are you just looking for the range to be bigger - ie go to, say +20 to -20 deviations from the +10 to -10 it goes to now?

And if this makes no sense it's because I just woke up and math before 8:00AM is a dangerous thing Smiley

Watch your minimal rate change when you adjust the deviation.

It does its job very well,Some more deviation options to choose from or even a manual input box would be a suggestion.

brobbel

View Profile
June 23, 2017, 11:28:42 AM

Hi,

I've another suggestion: when entering a maximum amount for lending, it's possible there is a small residual rest.
For example:
I entered 0.05 BTC as maximum amount. I had a loan of 0.10 BTC which ended, so this amount is 0.10050340 (for example ofcourse)
Now it creates the first lending of 0.05 BTC
Then it creates the second lending of 0.05 BT
Then 0.00050340 remains until a new amount is available for lending (too small amount)

Is it possible to change this into something like:
1st lending: 0.05
2nd lending: 0.04050340
3rd lending: 0.01

Greetings,

Brobbel
barcodeguy (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2017, 12:35:38 PM

That's a good one Brobbel. I'm going to put it on the list. I'm going to do some refactoring of how loans are placed and pulled, and I'll implement this at the same time. Long story short Pololen was really designed to have one loan out at a time and I'm going to make some changes so it can reliably run more than one.

Hi,

I've another suggestion: when entering a maximum amount for lending, it's possible there is a small residual rest.
For example:
I entered 0.05 BTC as maximum amount. I had a loan of 0.10 BTC which ended, so this amount is 0.10050340 (for example ofcourse)
Now it creates the first lending of 0.05 BTC
Then it creates the second lending of 0.05 BT
Then 0.00050340 remains until a new amount is available for lending (too small amount)

Is it possible to change this into something like:
1st lending: 0.05
2nd lending: 0.04050340
3rd lending: 0.01

Greetings,

Brobbel

barcodeguy (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2017, 10:48:07 PM

Hi Everyone,

Build 1.0.1.5 is up. This is primarily for new users as it allows users to update rates on install. It works when saving the API keys. If you upgrade and you don't have a full rate pack yet (this will be obvious if you look at your market chart) TURN OFF LENDING and go ahead to the API tab and click save. It'll prompt you if you want to download rates - just say OK. It may take a few seconds. I intentionally didn't thread this as I wanted to make sure the user couldn't start up the bot in the middle of downloading rates. That might not work out well.

Aside from that we have updated colors in charts, chart tool tips, rates in the title bar for an old friend, and I updated the deviation multiplier for calculating the minimum rate from +10 / -10 to +25 / -25.

Here's the change log:
Version 1.0.1.5
06-21-2017 - Added rate to title bar text.
06-21-2017 - Added tool tips to show rates on charts.
06-21-2017 - Added average range to three hour range (This is 2 week average.)
06-21-2017 - Modified charts to use a transparent range rather than two lines to show average. It just looks better.
                   But wait - there's more. I'm colorblind so it may look terrible.
06-21-2017 - Made admin changes to keep a rates list updated. Client applications can download new rates by clicking "Save"on the API tab.
                   The idea is that new users can download rates when adding their API, but existing users are free to use as well
                   if they need to refresh.
06-23-2017 - Updated deviation drop down for minimum rate to range from -25 to +25 rather then -10 to +10 as used previously.
                   This gives a lot more room for the user to maneuver as the deviations get smaller.

countryfree
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1047

Your country may be your worst enemy

View Profile
June 23, 2017, 10:55:33 PM

barcodeguy, you are really surprising.

I would have created a bot like you did, I would have kept it all for myself, pocketing all the profits alone. Because somehow, you're sawing off the branch you're sitting on. I mean that if more and more people lend money on Poloniex, the lending rates will go down and down...

I used to be a citizen and a taxpayer. Those days are long gone.
barcodeguy (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2017, 11:13:05 PM

I actually look at it differently - If it keeps newcomers from posting loans at ridiculously low rates and hitting the auto renew button it might actually make the market a little better.

I also don't really think this one app is going to bring in that many new lenders. I do think from what I'm seeing that it is attracting existing lenders that want a better rate. One of the things that has always bothered me with some existing bots is the tendency to just drop into the hole when the market goes down, driving it down further. That's one of the things I'm trying very hard to avoid. It'll help keep the rates higher and make more profits all around.

I also think if segwit goes through next month the price of bitcoin is going to take off. Personal opinion, mind you - I'm no expert and you can come back and quote and laugh at me a couple months from now if I'm wrong. If that does happen I think we're going to see at least some of the lenders out there taking profits in fiat, which will be healthy for the market as it's going to cause a marked decline in lended funds.

So, long story short, I just don't see this endeavor as having a serious impact on a market the size of Poloniex - but I won't lie. I gave that thought before I decided to release it.

barcodeguy, you are really surprising.

I would have created a bot like you did, I would have kept it all for myself, pocketing all the profits alone. Because somehow, you're sawing off the branch you're sitting on. I mean that if more and more people lend money on Poloniex, the lending rates will go down and down...

Dabs
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1912

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
June 24, 2017, 01:02:35 AM

He's selling the shovels, so to speak. 5%. Now, about a one-time payment thing ... hehe. Like some other trading bots, they sell for a fixed price. Give two options, maybe. If you charge 5% for small lenders, they will take that option. If you allow big lenders to pay say 0.1 one time, that's more than most commercial software huh, and maybe twice or three times the price of operating systems.

barcodeguy (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2017, 01:30:12 AM

I'm still pondering that one. An OS doesn't make me money, really, but Visual Studio does - which is why I have to continuously pay for it. My brokers always want their percentage too as does Poloniex with their 15%.

I've thought about two possibilities, but I can't say if I will implement either of them. The first is a credit cut off - ie when a user pays in x BTC they no longer need credits. The second is if the credits reach x level anything added over that level is applied at 200% - IE adding .05 at that point would equal .1 credits - an effective reduction to 2.5%.

Like I said, I don't know if I will implement either of these, but if I should decide to implement one it'll probably be the reduction to 2.5%.

If you're looking to buy a shovel don't go too cheap. Quality matters.

He's selling the shovels, so to speak. 5%. Now, about a one-time payment thing ... hehe. Like some other trading bots, they sell for a fixed price. Give two options, maybe. If you charge 5% for small lenders, they will take that option. If you allow big lenders to pay say 0.1 one time, that's more than most commercial software huh, and maybe twice or three times the price of operating systems.

Dabs
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1912

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
June 24, 2017, 03:42:56 AM
Last edit: June 24, 2017, 04:05:03 PM by Dabs

Oh, I plan to make a lot of money with your shovel, ... the credit cut off sounds good, as well as the reduction. Then you can have the tiered percentages, if credits reach x level, 2.5%, if y level, 1.0%, if z level 0.5% ... just like Polo does with trade volume. (You need 598 BTC to reach 0.14%, LOL.)

And then, at a certain point, there is a cut off too. Say 1 BTC, for example only. (I don't think 1 BTC is a cheap shovel.)

GoogleBit

Activity: 213
Merit: 104

View Profile
June 24, 2017, 09:57:37 AM
Last edit: June 24, 2017, 10:13:11 AM by GoogleBit

well done !
Thanks again.

It is so much fun, watching how it decides, realy love it ;-)

I'm in the Gold mining industry and I can tell you from experience, the one who sells the shovles, makes the biggest gain at the end!

If I where you I would stick to my percentage, don't sell it !
(...there is an old saying: If you cannot find the looser in a deal, it's always YOU !)

...you know what comes now ;-)  I recommend a referral system, say 2.5% for the Dev. 2.5% for the referrer.
I would tear off one leg to make PoloLen public ;-)

Another way, make customized versions, with a different approach, different decision making, and get your share there too.

Aaand finally I have another realy explosiv idea, but for that, I'll wait till we find an agreement ;-)

And last but not least, my ideas (WARNING..you will never ever finish it ;-):

- please give a warning, if possible 24h before, when Credits run out soon. (I did not watch it, so it stopped lending in the middle of the night.)

- in "Market over Period" chart, I miss the timeframe.

- it would not hurt, to see available "loan offers total BTC" fromm Polo, which can be between 1700-12000 atm. (Because that's on of my main indicators.)

All the best mate and thanks again, cheers GB

PS: thx, for rates in title bar ;-)
freshfred

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 24, 2017, 07:25:52 PM

..how is the minimum lending rate calculated? Can I set something to keep it lower ?

..still testing, looks interesting
barcodeguy (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2017, 07:42:04 PM

It runs in average deviations. First, it get's the average of the last two weeks. Then it determines how far a typical rate deviates from the average. That gives you "one deviation." As the market fluctuates the average will change, but the deviation will change too. The idea is that you set it for where the market is and it should follow along as the average rate changes. The deviations also change as it becomes smoother or more chaotic.

Edit: Only answered half the question. If you go into deviation calculations you can set it from +25 to - 25 deviations. -1 Deviation would be low average. +1 deviation would be high average. +25 / -25 gives quite a bit of room.

I'm personally running at low average right now, just to try it out. I typically run at, oh, minus 3 or so. That would put it down at 0.1000% ish as I write this. With the current market -25 deviations would put you well into negative category so there would effectively be no minimum.

..how is the minimum lending rate calculated? Can I set something to keep it lower ?

..still testing, looks interesting

barcodeguy (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2017, 07:45:47 PM

I've been thinking about a warning too. Right now the credits turn red if under 0.001, but I rarely look at it anymore and just let it run and do it's thing. Of course I am watching it on the website, which is handier on my phone if I'm out and about. Do you think a regular windows notifier on the bottom right would do the trick or do you think that maybe I should float a window above all the other windows on the desktop and keep it there with the warning until the user closes it?

Edit - Do you think notifiers should pop up when earned totals go up? I thought about doing this at one point but wasn't sure if it would get annoying or not.

well done !
Thanks again.

It is so much fun, watching how it decides, realy love it ;-)

I'm in the Gold mining industry and I can tell you from experience, the one who sells the shovles, makes the biggest gain at the end!

If I where you I would stick to my percentage, don't sell it !
(...there is an old saying: If you cannot find the looser in a deal, it's always YOU !)

...you know what comes now ;-)  I recommend a referral system, say 2.5% for the Dev. 2.5% for the referrer.
I would tear off one leg to make PoloLen public ;-)

Another way, make customized versions, with a different approach, different decision making, and get your share there too.

Aaand finally I have another realy explosiv idea, but for that, I'll wait till we find an agreement ;-)

And last but not least, my ideas (WARNING..you will never ever finish it ;-):

- please give a warning, if possible 24h before, when Credits run out soon. (I did not watch it, so it stopped lending in the middle of the night.)

- in "Market over Period" chart, I miss the timeframe.

- it would not hurt, to see available "loan offers total BTC" fromm Polo, which can be between 1700-12000 atm. (Because that's on of my main indicators.)

All the best mate and thanks again, cheers GB

PS: thx, for rates in title bar ;-)

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: