Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 02:18:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 ... 226 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Liquid Synergy Designs Inc. -ASIC mining hardware  (Read 423209 times)
LiveJay

Activity: 58
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 16, 2013, 07:05:08 PM

On that same line of thinking:  Anyone getting nervous and want to trade my batch 3 order, that might get refunded, for an earlier, locked in, order? Wink

-Jay
steamboat (OP)

Activity: 648
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 16, 2013, 08:15:34 PM

Did you narrow which Klondike design you'll be going with? I know you mentioned that wouldn't be doing the USB miner.

I have not ruled out the USB miner, though the K16/64 boards are the focus at the moment. I am also validating the Avalon clone option as a backup.

Where in FL will these be shipped FROM? Can I just come pick it up when it arrives instead of paying the extra shipping?

The chips will be shipping from South Florida. Yes you may pick up the chips locally during normal business hours.

So I'm interested in buying some chips, but I have some pretty easy questions that need answered if you guys could help!

So I buy these chips for 0.086 BTC each.  I should buy them in 16's if I'd like to get a full board full.  Than the buy the K16 board, K16 parts.  The Manual assembly, why is there a price?  It's me putting it together.  right?

The current design calls for 16 chips per board. It is advisable to purchase in multiples of 16. Manual assembly is just that, you assemble the miners based on a kit. Pricing will be released when finalized and contracted.

785 BTC is needed.  So far 39 BTC received since 5/12/2013 (4 days) = ~ 10 BTC per day.

785/10 = 79 days roughly, not sure if I want to wait 2 1/2 months for the order to be placed + another 3 months for chips to be delivered by Avalon.  That puts us at Oct-Nov timeframe.  But there's really not a lot of other options.  Granted, I'm already in for 32 on batch #3.

Gotta get this group buy to speed up
Yes, batch three is progressing slowly. I suspect it is due to the lack of pricing information of assembled miners. This will increase once pricing information is released.

Update: I apologize for the slow information as of late. I have been busy sourcing everything needed for completed miners which is consuming the majority of my time.

Everything needed to produce completely assembled miners is being sourced. This includes the PCB, PCB parts, assembly, heatsinks, fans, and power supplies. Assembly will be US based. PCB fab is tentatively scheduled to take place oversees, though this may change depending on the timeline. The majority of the focus is on finding an assembly house with the ability to assemble miners with full automation, for an affordable price, with a limited warranty.

Board assembly sourcing is taking the majority of the time. This is not something that can be rushed. Due diligence must be performed in order to ensure quality, price, and timeline standards will be met. The assembler must have a fully automated assembly line with the capacity to produce the full run quickly, test the boards to ensure functionality, and offer a warranty on workmanship. I have received quotes ranging from $75 to $290 per board. Choosing the cheapest option is a possibility, but there will be tradeoffs in doing so.

I am sourcing assembly based on chip batch size. This means boards will be produced in batches of 625, or 10,000/16 boards per run. I will be accepting chips from sources other than this group buy, but they will obviously be slower to produce as I will have to wait for the full amount of chips to arrive before sending them for assembly.

Once the boards have been assembled and returned, I will include the heatsinks, fans, standoffs, and any other components requested and ship. You will have the option of having the boards pre-loaded with firmware and tested to ensure functionality, as well as the inclusion of the power supply. The power supply will be 550 watt 80+ gold. This will power 16 boards, without a host. This provides a low cost per device, high efficiency, and acceptable division of boards in the event a remote power cycle is required.

Any boards scheduled for hosting will have final assembly, firmware installation, and cluster integration within 48 hours of receipt from the assembly house.

ASIC miners available for purchase

Those who serve best, profit most.
organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2013, 10:34:16 PM

Thanks for the update, steamboat!

[ ... ]
Any boards scheduled for hosting will have final assembly, firmware installation, and cluster integration within 48 hours of receipt from the assembly house.

Not sure what you mean here - are you planning on offering a hosting service?

Bitcoin network and pool analysis 12QxPHEuxDrs7mCyGSx1iVSozTwtquDB3r
follow @oocBlog for new post notifications
steamboat (OP)

View Profile
May 16, 2013, 11:55:02 PM

[ ... ]

That is correct. I will be offering hosting services in addition to chip purchase and finished boards.

ultraimports

Activity: 188
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 17, 2013, 12:13:46 AM

[ ... ]

That is correct. I will be offering hosting services in addition to chip purchase and finished boards.

Do you have an idea of the cost for 'hosted' chips and/or boards? Do you also assemble the boards? Being in S. Florida along with you, I feel you are my best connection for this (instead of another country for sure!).
TomKeddie

Activity: 176

View Profile
May 17, 2013, 12:20:19 AM

I am sourcing assembly based on chip batch size. This means boards will be produced in batches of 625, or 10,000/16 boards per run. I will be accepting chips from sources other than this group buy, but they will obviously be slower to produce as I will have to wait for the full amount of chips to arrive before sending them for assembly.

Super excellent update, really appreciate the details and the work you're putting into this, sounds like you're enjoying it too!

Obviously we can't compel everyone in a batch to use your assembly service but it sounds like your goal is to make it too attractive not to? (and hence come close to the 625 board point).

One issue that may slow down assembly is the possibility that not all the ASICs will be on the same reel (from different sources).  I guess this just adds a little to the cost, the bulk of the components will be on the same reels.

I'm very interested in your heatsink plans, I am concerned the klondike design is a little short of hard data in this area (given it affects the board layout significantly).

Cheers,
Tom
FCTaiChi

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

decentralizedhashing.com

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2013, 12:32:35 AM

I'll be in for 10-30 btc as soon as I can find some.  degoxt!

Mining Equipment Comparison Table                               Bitcoin News                             1nKAizrhGzvLfWBVfX8fGLAs6kxKV7aXM
r3animation

Activity: 756

View Profile
May 17, 2013, 01:01:12 AM

Great update steamboat. Smiley
adamthefishman

Activity: 114
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 17, 2013, 01:20:44 AM

Great update.

Answering all of my current questions.

eroxors
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

Think. Positive. Thoughts.

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2013, 01:21:52 AM

How will orders be prioritized now that 3 fulfillment options are available?

steamboat (OP)

View Profile
May 17, 2013, 02:40:37 AM

Super excellent update, really appreciate the details and the work you're putting into this, sounds like you're enjoying it too!

Obviously we can't compel everyone in a batch to use your assembly service but it sounds like your goal is to make it too attractive not to? (and hence come close to the 625 board point).

One issue that may slow down assembly is the possibility that not all the ASICs will be on the same reel (from different sources).  I guess this just adds a little to the cost, the bulk of the components will be on the same reels.

I'm very interested in your heatsink plans, I am concerned the klondike design is a little short of hard data in this area (given it affects the board layout significantly).

Cheers,
Tom

Thank you  Grin It's time consuming, but enjoyable.

Board run minimums are slightly lower than full batch, but I will be ordering enough parts to run a full batch plus a percentage waste in the event everyone decides they want theirs assembled.
One issue that may slow down assembly is the possibility that not all the ASICs will be on the same reel (from different sources).  I guess this just adds a little to the cost, the bulk of the components will be on the same reels.

Can you clarify this? If you are referring to multiple shipments from different batches then yes, it will slow down production. There is a minimum production number per run, which cannot begin until all the parts are ready.

The heatsinks are a major focus of mine, which I am devoting the majority of my non-business hours time to. I have picked out a few manufactures to contact for pricing. The board layout as it stands now requires a 90x90 or 25-30x25-30(x4) heatsink. This allows for clearances for stacking posts, standoff feet, etc etc. If it comes down to it, I have a drill press and can drill the mounting holes personally, but I definitely do not want to drill 5000 holes if I don't have to.

Please clarify. Are you referring to each batch?

Do you have an idea of the cost for 'hosted' chips and/or boards? Do you also assemble the boards? Being in S. Florida along with you, I feel you are my best connection for this (instead of another country for sure!).

I have spoken with a few members regarding this, and the very rough estimates are 5-8% plus electric, which covers setup, maintenance, housing costs etc etc. I have not worked on those numbers yet, as I would like to get the miner details solidified. First things first.

I'm really looking forward to tomorrow, as two of the assembly shops currently in the lead are scheduled to get back to me. Once I have a contract worked out with them, I will begin finalizing the remaining costs and offer the solution to the group. If accepted, we should be mining within 5-10 days of chip delivery.

steamboat (OP)

View Profile
May 17, 2013, 02:44:53 AM

Also,

Batch 2 is sold out. It has been sold out. Batch 3 is available for purchase. I would not advise waiting for a spot to open in batch 2. I have edited the OP to hopefully reduce this confusion.

Please read the thread OP before messaging or emailing me. I have tried to answer every question there, so I only have to do it once.

Thanks!

LaserHorse

Activity: 140

View Profile
May 17, 2013, 03:16:08 AM

Board assembly sourcing is taking the majority of the time. This is not something that can be rushed. Due diligence must be performed in order to ensure quality, price, and timeline standards will be met. The assembler must have a fully automated assembly line with the capacity to produce the full run quickly, test the boards to ensure functionality, and offer a warranty on workmanship. I have received quotes ranging from $75 to $290 per board. Choosing the cheapest option is a possibility, but there will be tradeoffs in doing so.

my 2¢ - I've had good experience w US based Advanced Circuits (4pcb.com).  I've only done small boards though.

Planning on pitching in for a few dozen chips, once I have the funds.

PiMiner - control & monitor your miners with Raspberry Pi   •   BTC: 1AV5JekeEVET5u2jTsLDMRsTtagrBnNTBR
TomKeddie

View Profile
May 17, 2013, 03:56:39 AM

I have 32 in batch one, in for another 34 from batch three, will send the coins tonight.
Sent.
steamboat (OP)

View Profile
May 17, 2013, 04:21:47 AM

my 2¢ - I've had good experience w US based Advanced Circuits (4pcb.com).  I've only done small boards though.

Planning on pitching in for a few dozen chips, once I have the funds.

I am waiting on a quote from them once they look over the files. They were one of the less expensive solutions, though I am not sure if they are equipped to handle parts this small.

LaserHorse

Activity: 140

View Profile
May 17, 2013, 06:28:51 AM

I am waiting on a quote from them once they look over the files. They were one of the less expensive solutions, though I am not sure if they are equipped to handle parts this small.

Maybe I should do a quick through-hole version  Tongue
(actually that would be cool for DIYers - only use SMT for chips …)

4pcb does do quality work, I love that they're "local"

PiMiner - control & monitor your miners with Raspberry Pi   •   BTC: 1AV5JekeEVET5u2jTsLDMRsTtagrBnNTBR
ik2013

Activity: 110
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2013, 09:18:11 AM

Sorry if I missed it, but has anyone started a thread/discussion about cases/power supplies?

I ran across these two items tonight and I am intrigued:

Cooler Master min-ITX case (ATX power supply compatible)

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811119261

Corsair CX430M Modular Bronze certified 430W PSU

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139049

I am going for two x16 boards so there should be plenty of room for expansion in here and it looks like it has great airflow. I am working on getting an rPi set up now and it should mount nicely in this. Speaking of, the GPIO on the rPi leads to some interesting thermal management possibilities. I'm thinking of making an ATX breakout to drive power to the rPi over USB and interface with the power/reset switch on the case.

Sorry for the thread jack lol

Single board ATX power supply interface for Raspberry Pi: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=263567.msg2815917#msg2815917    Like my work? Donations accepted here: 1FXYreNr35PzZVimEQkSzR68EdNutqefYh   I sell on Tindie: https://www.tindie.com/stores/KD8SSF/     Reputation thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=264089.0
steamboat (OP)

View Profile
May 17, 2013, 04:29:10 PM

Maybe I should do a quick through-hole version  Tongue
(actually that would be cool for DIYers - only use SMT for chips …)

4pcb does do quality work, I love that they're "local"

I'm looking forward to reviewing their submission.

Sorry if I missed it, but has anyone started a thread/discussion about cases/power supplies?

I ran across these two items tonight and I am intrigued:

Cooler Master min-ITX case (ATX power supply compatible)

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811119261

Corsair CX430M Modular Bronze certified 430W PSU

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139049

I am going for two x16 boards so there should be plenty of room for expansion in here and it looks like it has great airflow. I am working on getting an rPi set up now and it should mount nicely in this. Speaking of, the GPIO on the rPi leads to some interesting thermal management possibilities. I'm thinking of making an ATX breakout to drive power to the rPi over USB and interface with the power/reset switch on the case.

Sorry for the thread jack lol

The power supply looks good.

TomKeddie

View Profile
May 17, 2013, 04:33:18 PM

Just in case you missed it, BKK is talking about component changes to deal with the ASIC signalling.
eroxors
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

Think. Positive. Thoughts.

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2013, 05:16:24 PM

You mentioned shipping priority based on order time/date... does this carry over to other fulfillment options, i.e. hosing or unit assembly. For example, if John placed the first order in batch 1 but chooses to have his chips assembled into a unit with K16, will the next in line (from an order perspective) be shipped their chips prior to John's board being shipped?

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 ... 226 »
  Print  

Jump to: