Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 07:12:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BFL Downgraded my shipping?!  (Read 14202 times)
CanaryInTheMine
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 1060

between a rock and a block!

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 04:51:11 PM

Is standard shipping on my order status = priority mail (in US) ?
Jcw188

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

Carpe Diem

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 05:15:15 PM

I was typing on an iPod.  Guys, I wasn't typing a legal pleading here I was posting on a board.  Interesting that I was attacked for my grammar though.  I guess Inaba didn't like what I said and just attacked my grammar to "discredit" me.  I am really surprised that BFL has kept it going this long, but sounds like Paypal and Amex are finally putting the pressure on.  We'll see what happens, maybe not today, or tomorrow, but eventually I doubt this will end well. 

Hypothetically speaking, in your professional opinion, what would the costs be involved for a class-action suit, and what would your case/stance be for prosecution ?

Hypothetically speaking, of course.

Thought exercise, you know ?  Wink

Generally in a lawsuit the plaintiffs (that would be you) don't have to pay anything upfront.  It's at the end that the plaintiff's attorneys would get paid out of any proceeds from the recovery.  Therefore your only cost would be time and energy (and perhaps some notoriety?)  The hardest thing would be finding a lawyer who would be willing to take on this case, as it's somewhat complicated.  I'm actually surprised a lawyer hasn't tried contacting some of you BFL customers before.  I mean maybe they have, and I just don't know about it.  I'm new to the Bitcoin community. 

████▄██████████▄
███▄████████████
▄███▀
████
████
████
▀███▄
███▀████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██████████▄
████████████
███████████▀███▄
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
▀███▄███████████
████████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██▄█████████▄██▄
▀████▄█████▄████▀
▀████▄▄████▀
███████████
▄███▀█████▀███▄
█████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
▀███████████████▀

▄███████████████▄
█████████████████
████▀███▀██████▀
███████▄█████▀
████▄▄██████████▄
▀▀██████▀███████
▄██████▄███▄████
█████▀██████████
▀██▀███▀████████▀

████▄███████████
████████████████
▄███▀███████████
███████████████
██████████████
████████████████
███████████▄███▀
████████████
▀██████████▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████
|
Listed
on
BINANCE
KUCOIN
Gate.io
|
wrenchmonkey

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 05:21:41 PM

I was typing on an iPod.  Guys, I wasn't typing a legal pleading here I was posting on a board.  Interesting that I was attacked for my grammar though.  I guess Inaba didn't like what I said and just attacked my grammar to "discredit" me.  I am really surprised that BFL has kept it going this long, but sounds like Paypal and Amex are finally putting the pressure on.  We'll see what happens, maybe not today, or tomorrow, but eventually I doubt this will end well.  

Hypothetically speaking, in your professional opinion, what would the costs be involved for a class-action suit, and what would your case/stance be for prosecution ?

Hypothetically speaking, of course.

Thought exercise, you know ?  Wink

Generally in a lawsuit the plaintiffs (that would be you) don't have to pay anything upfront.  It's at the end that the plaintiff's attorneys would get paid out of any proceeds from the recovery.  Therefore your only cost would be time and energy (and perhaps some notoriety?)  The hardest thing would be finding a lawyer who would be willing to take on this case, as it's somewhat complicated.  I'm actually surprised a lawyer hasn't tried contacting some of you BFL customers before.  I mean maybe they have, and I just don't know about it.  I'm new to the Bitcoin community.  

You also fail to mention that the class members end up with essentially NOTHING as the lawyers take half of the judgement, and then the rest of it is usually divvied up among the actual plantiffs. The majority of the people talking about lawsuits would not be members of the class anyway, since they didn't buy anything. Those who did buy something have the choice of requesting a refund, or waiting for their product.

All of the sensible buyers have done that. With the exception of a few special-kind-of-idiot types, the only people who are still trolling BFL with lawsuit threats are people who never bought anything in the first place. And then, of course an occasional ambulance chasers, or troll claiming to be an ambulance chaser...

Block Erupter Overclocking 447 M/Hash, .006 (discounts if done in quantity) https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=300206.msg3218480#msg3218480

Buy and sell mining shares (Bitfury). https://cex.io/r/1/wrenchmonkey/0/
Yogafan00000

Activity: 314
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 05:32:14 PM

Generally in a lawsuit the plaintiffs (that would be you) don't have to pay anything upfront.  It's at the end that the plaintiff's attorneys would get paid out of any proceeds from the recovery.  Therefore your only cost would be time and energy (and perhaps some notoriety?)  The hardest thing would be finding a lawyer who would be willing to take on this case, as it's somewhat complicated.  I'm actually surprised a lawyer hasn't tried contacting some of you BFL customers before.  I mean maybe they have, and I just don't know about it.  I'm new to the Bitcoin community. 

What exactly you are trying to claim for damages in this hypothetical lawsuit?

BFL honours refunds, plain and simple.  There is not one single person who can verifiably say they didn't get a refund so you can't claim they didn't refund you. Pain and suffering? That's a joke and you would get laughed out of court. Missed opportunity to profit on the coins you didn't mine if you had had them when they promised? Again, unprovable and discussed ad nauseum elsewhere. No leg to stand on.

It's a pre-order, in development, common sense is that you wait until it's done or get your refund.

This discussion is ridiculous.

1YogAFA... (oh, nevermind)
Malawi

Activity: 224

One bitcoin to rule them all!

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 05:44:10 PM

I have been following this bfl stuff for a month now. Reading what has gone on really worried me...that anyone who would do any preorder with them now has got to be crazy. Now this shipping thing, it's like they are really pulling out all the stops to get as much money as possible.  I realize a lot of u r hoping the company comes through but u basically all got ripped off. I'm a lawyer and u absolutely have a class action suit against them...which surely would just put them out of business. Anyways just be careful guys don't get blinded by greed.

I'm also like a lawyer an shit. I'll beat the shit out of anyone in court. I'm like the baddest lawyer in the hood, and I'm keeping it real.

BitCoin is NOT a pyramid - it's a pagoda.
Jcw188

Carpe Diem

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 06:19:29 PM

Plaintiffs in a class action sometimes do recover things of value, although I agree usually plaintiff's attorneys receive way more than is "fair." 

To determine if there is any action against BFL I would think you'd need to see what BFL's representations were when people were placing their pre-orders.  Was there any contract etc. as well?

████▄██████████▄
███▄████████████
▄███▀
████
████
████
▀███▄
███▀████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██████████▄
████████████
███████████▀███▄
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
▀███▄███████████
████████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██▄█████████▄██▄
▀████▄█████▄████▀
▀████▄▄████▀
███████████
▄███▀█████▀███▄
█████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
▀███████████████▀

▄███████████████▄
█████████████████
████▀███▀██████▀
███████▄█████▀
████▄▄██████████▄
▀▀██████▀███████
▄██████▄███▄████
█████▀██████████
▀██▀███▀████████▀

████▄███████████
████████████████
▄███▀███████████
███████████████
██████████████
████████████████
███████████▄███▀
████████████
▀██████████▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████
|
Listed
on
BINANCE
KUCOIN
Gate.io
|
centove

Activity: 194

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 07:12:12 PM

Plaintiffs in a class action sometimes do recover things of value, although I agree usually plaintiff's attorneys receive way more than is "fair." 

To determine if there is any action against BFL I would think you'd need to see what BFL's representations were when people were placing their pre-orders.  Was there any contract etc. as well?

I'm still trying to figure out what the basis would be? Sue them over what? Then what remedy would you request from the court?

Give me Btc: 1BRkf5bwSVdGCyvu4SyYBiJjEjbNiAQoYd Mine on my node: http://ask.gxsnmp.org:9332/
Aseras

Activity: 658

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 07:50:09 PM

When people were imported into the new system, everyone was put in express shipping.  Express shipping wasn't available prior to February, so everyone has been moved back to where they should have been.  No ones shipping was downgraded.

are you feeling ok? I mean this post was helpful.

you should go get checked out.

maybe bfl needs more free pot fridays or free beer fridays or something? I dunno
Inaba
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2013, 07:56:52 PM

Don't post lies, BS or be a dick and you get helpful answers.  Pretty simple cause and effect.

If you're searching these lines for a point, you've probably missed it.  There was never anything there in the first place.
Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 08:14:19 PM

Don't post lies, BS or be a dick and you get helpful answers.  Pretty simple cause and effect.

... but, you post lies, bullshit, and are arguably one of the biggest dicks on these forums, so, it's quite the viscous circle you have created, huh ?

Just thought I would take the liberty of showing you a mirror.
Jcw188

Carpe Diem

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 08:23:04 PM

I'm still trying to figure out what the basis would be? Sue them over what? Then what remedy would you request from the court?

I refer you to the sentence you responded to:  "To determine if there is any action against BFL I would think you'd need to see what BFL's representations were when people were placing their pre-orders.  Was there any contract etc. as well?"

Then you could have breach of contract, fraud, misrepresentation, interference in business relations, among others.  Listen I'm not saying there IS a cause of action against BFL, I started just by saying I would be really careful about buying anything from them now, or paying them any more money for this shipping.

████▄██████████▄
███▄████████████
▄███▀
████
████
████
▀███▄
███▀████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██████████▄
████████████
███████████▀███▄
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
▀███▄███████████
████████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██▄█████████▄██▄
▀████▄█████▄████▀
▀████▄▄████▀
███████████
▄███▀█████▀███▄
█████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
▀███████████████▀

▄███████████████▄
█████████████████
████▀███▀██████▀
███████▄█████▀
████▄▄██████████▄
▀▀██████▀███████
▄██████▄███▄████
█████▀██████████
▀██▀███▀████████▀

████▄███████████
████████████████
▄███▀███████████
███████████████
██████████████
████████████████
███████████▄███▀
████████████
▀██████████▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████
|
Listed
on
BINANCE
KUCOIN
Gate.io
|
PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1003

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 08:57:49 PM

This is an upside. Some people will not pay the additional fee, and all that hashing power will be delayed coming onto the network.  ;-)
I like the way you think.

(Master BFL Shill)
PuertoLibre
Legendary

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 09:03:06 PM

Yeah, what he said!

Remain totally calm while asking questions and you'll soon see your answers in thoughtful replies. I promise!

(Master BFL Shill)
PuertoLibre
Legendary

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 09:04:42 PM

Don't post lies, BS or be a dick and you get helpful answers.  Pretty simple cause and effect.

... but, you post lies, bullshit, and are arguably one of the biggest dicks on these forums, so, it's quite the viscous circle you have created, huh ?

Just thought I would take the liberty of showing you a mirror.
Your post brought sausages to mind. Sausages in a circle. It's time to break the sausage cycle!

(Master BFL Shill)
minternj

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 09:06:41 PM

This is an upside. Some people will not pay the additional fee, and all that hashing power will be delayed coming onto the network.  ;-)

(Master BFL Shill)

Do you really think that? I picture most miners like cutthroat pirates. Slit your moms throat to get more hashrate. They are not likely to quit the queue unless there's a viable alternative.

Warning about Nitrogensports.eu
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=709114.0
PuertoLibre
Legendary

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 09:22:16 PM

This is an upside. Some people will not pay the additional fee, and all that hashing power will be delayed coming onto the network.  ;-)

(Master BFL Shill)

Do you really think that? I picture most miners like cutthroat pirates. Slit your moms throat to get more hashrate. They are not likely to quit the queue unless there's a viable alternative.
When I am in my Master BFL Shill costume, never trust what I say.

It is my alter ego.  Cheesy
PuertoLibre
Legendary

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 09:23:01 PM

(Master BFL Shill)

When I am in my Master BFL Shill costume, never trust what I say.

It is my alter ego.  Cheesy
Don't trust him, it is a total LIAR! Angry

(Master BFL Shill)
aigeezer
Legendary

Activity: 1450
Merit: 1013

Cryptanalyst castrated by his government, 1952

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 09:37:18 PM

When people were imported into the new system, everyone was put in express shipping.  Express shipping wasn't available prior to February, so everyone has been moved back to where they should have been.  No ones shipping was downgraded.

That's REALLY important, if true, and I hope/assume it is.

Josh - please, please keep posting this kind of factual stuff, rather than nipping at the heels of your tormentors.

You all know this, right?... "Never wrestle a pig in a mudhole. You both get dirty, and the pig enjoys it."

My corollary is "From the outside, it always looks like two pigs are wrestling."

smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 10:31:02 PM

Wow I love this. Conditional quality customer service. Customer gives you money and based on how you like or don't like customer responses you will judge them individually? Wow....just wow.

Perhaps now we are all justified in judging you as the scummy fuck you are based on your lies and deceitful tactics to sucker in more customers to keep your ponzi going.

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 10:57:41 PM

Wow I love this. Conditional quality customer service. Customer gives you money and based on how you like or don't like customer responses you will judge them individually? Wow....just wow.
Perhaps now we are all justified in judging you as the scummy fuck you are based on your lies and deceitful tactics to sucker in more customers to keep your ponzi going.

This sums up Josh Zerlan's delusional professional outlook quite succinctly. "Conditional Customer Service".

And you know what the saddest part about all of that, is that in Josh's mind, he probably feels 100% unwaveringly justified in having that attitude due to a complete and utter lack of self-awareness and a firm mental rooting in his own virtual reality.

I mean, if he's going to have his megalomaniacal temper tantrums and silence customers on their forums / shoutbox with thousands of dollars in preorders, then there is just no dealing with the man. Professionally or otherwise.

Dude has "loose-cannon" written all over him. It's people like him that sink companies unless management gets things in check pronto.

... and remember folks. Josh himself recently admitted that these forums are not relevant to their business at all, which begs the question "Why does he continue posting here if he does not consider this place important ? Why does he continue advertising here ?"

Calling Josh Zerlan a "scummy fuck" is a pretty accurate salvo.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: