Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 04:11:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BFL Downgraded my shipping?!  (Read 14205 times)
PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1003

View Profile
May 04, 2013, 07:52:08 PM

If you paid prior to February for shipping, you didn't pay for express shipping.  All shipping was called express shipping prior to that, which is what the USPS calls it.  Express shipping is now and upgrade from standard shipping, which is still USPS's Express Shipping. 

Don't blame me because the USPS calls their regular shipping "express shipping."

Express is not exclusive to usps. It's a actual term. Obviously you guys know that, why else would you change it at the last minute? You could at least charge a reasonable price, these are price gouging rates. After delays, no customer support, missing specs and shipping orders out of position. You could at least do right by the customers this time... It's doesn't help offering a second shipping option anyway. It's just a last minute way to rake in more profits. And no one wants to go through usps anyway, they have the worst service of anyone.
Unfortunately, I have been looking and there only appears to be 1 express mail service for USPS.

I confused international service rates with domestic service rates.

!) Domestically, there is only 1 type of express service offered by USPS.
USPS Express Mail (Overnight): https://www.usps.com/ship/express-mail.htm

!) Internationally, there are 2 types of Express service offered by USPS.
USPS Express Mail International: 3 to 5 day service
USPS GXG: 1 to 3 day service (via FedEx)

https://www.usps.com/ship/express-mail-international.htm

No matter how I look at it. Inaba is simply not being accurate. Take a look.
PuertoLibre
Legendary

View Profile
May 04, 2013, 07:54:33 PM

Express Mail Domestic Rates (.CSV):
https://www.usps.com/shipping/em-retail.csv

Express Mail International Rates (.CSV):
https://www.usps.com/shipping/emi-retail.csv

minternj

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 04, 2013, 08:38:10 PM

@ Miniternj

START PANIC'ing

We are getting "double tapped" on shipping.

Don't matter to me I dont care about expedited shipping for my order. But hey it's their right to panic/bitch. I was just wondering if they actually paid for expedited shipping at expedited shipping rates.

Warning about Nitrogensports.eu
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=709114.0
ordy

Activity: 59
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 04, 2013, 08:43:57 PM

If you paid prior to February for shipping, you didn't pay for express shipping.  All shipping was called express shipping prior to that, which is what the USPS calls it.  Express shipping is now and upgrade from standard shipping, which is still USPS's Express Shipping. 

Don't blame me because the USPS calls their regular shipping "express shipping."

Express is not exclusive to usps. It's a actual term. Obviously you guys know that, why else would you change it at the last minute? You could at least charge a reasonable price, these are price gouging rates. After delays, no customer support, missing specs and shipping orders out of position. You could at least do right by the customers this time... It's doesn't help offering a second shipping option anyway. It's just a last minute way to rake in more profits. And no one wants to go through usps anyway, they have the worst service of anyone.
Unfortunately, I have been looking and there only appears to be 1 express mail service for USPS.

I confused international service rates with domestic service rates.

!) Domestically, there is only 1 type of express service offered by USPS.
USPS Express Mail (Overnight): https://www.usps.com/ship/express-mail.htm

!) Internationally, there are 2 types of Express service offered by USPS.
USPS Express Mail International: 3 to 5 day service
USPS GXG: 1 to 3 day service (via FedEx)

https://www.usps.com/ship/express-mail-international.htm

No matter how I look at it. Inaba is simply not being accurate. Take a look.

So, if I take it all together that would mean that if one is in the US that all their pre-February orders will be USPS Express mail, hence subject to overnight delivery?
Inaba
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2013, 09:20:31 PM

You know what?  I did not set up the original shipping and I don't know anything about the original shipping.  If you didn't pay for overnight shipping (which you didn't) then you aren't getting overnight shipping. If you paid for shipping prior to February, you paid for standard shipping and that's what you're getting, whatever name you want to call it.  Chances are, if you paid for shipping after February, you also paid for standard shipping.  There is no one that paid "extra" for expedited shipping prior to that.

If you want to upgrade your shipping, upgrade your shipping. If you don't, then don't, it's as simple as that.  You can call the shipping anything you want, it doesn't matter to me.

If you're searching these lines for a point, you've probably missed it.  There was never anything there in the first place.
darkmule
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1005

View Profile
May 04, 2013, 09:31:58 PM

Why does it cost so much for express shipping? Will you be personally delivering them yourself via helicopter?

No, there's another charge for that.  And if you want Josh to personally piss in your face, that's extra too.
aigeezer
Legendary

Activity: 1450
Merit: 1013

Cryptanalyst castrated by his government, 1952

View Profile
May 04, 2013, 09:47:21 PM

If you want to upgrade your shipping, upgrade your shipping. If you don't, then don't, it's as simple as that.

That's good, but there's another messy bit that I hope you can clarify.

I upgraded my shipping a couple of days ago, paid through Bitpay from the BFL site and saw my order status change to:

Shipping Method
Express Shipping - Only

Yea! However, there is another new box that says "Upgrade Pending" and another that says "Amount due $95.00" even though I paid.

I gather from chatter on the BFL forums that others are seeing this kind of thing also.

I'm hoping you can post a generic clarification for people in this situation. So far, I've not sent individual help requests when the issue looks generic - I always look here and in BFL forums for answers to issues that seem to be generic.

Thanks

ordy

Activity: 59
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 04, 2013, 10:14:23 PM

You know what?  I did not set up the original shipping and I don't know anything about the original shipping.  If you didn't pay for overnight shipping (which you didn't) then you aren't getting overnight shipping. If you paid for shipping prior to February, you paid for standard shipping and that's what you're getting, whatever name you want to call it.  Chances are, if you paid for shipping after February, you also paid for standard shipping.  There is no one that paid "extra" for expedited shipping prior to that.

If you want to upgrade your shipping, upgrade your shipping. If you don't, then don't, it's as simple as that.  You can call the shipping anything you want, it doesn't matter to me.

Based on the USPS menu it looks like the only other 2 viable options are Priority Mail (2-3 days conus) or Standard Post (2-8 days conus).  For those that may be on the fence about upgrading shipping it would be good to know exactly which service they are currently subject to in order to make an educated decision.
Inaba
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2013, 11:07:33 PM

A cash grab huh? You mean other than the fact that we don't want to offer upgraded shipping and we have resisted for a long time? I had to push fairly hard to get it at all because so many people kept demanding it. No upgraded shipping is a pain in the ass and we don't want to offer it at all.

Like I said, take it or leave it. We would rather not upgrade your shipping as it incurs too much overhead, so please don't upgrade.

If you're searching these lines for a point, you've probably missed it.  There was never anything there in the first place.
PuertoLibre
Legendary

View Profile
May 05, 2013, 12:06:06 AM

http://www.stamps.com/usps/postage-rate-increase/
peterepeat

Activity: 237
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 05, 2013, 12:09:59 AM

If you want to upgrade your shipping, upgrade your shipping. If you don't, then don't, it's as simple as that.

I upgraded my shipping a couple of days ago, paid through Bitpay from the BFL site and saw my order status change to:

Shipping Method
Express Shipping - Only

Yea! However, there is another new box that says "Upgrade Pending" and another that says "Amount due $95.00" even though I paid.

I gather from chatter on the BFL forums that others are seeing this kind of thing also.

I'm hoping you can post a generic clarification for people in this situation. So far, I've not sent individual help requests when the issue looks generic - I always look here and in BFL forums for answers to issues that seem to be generic.

Thanks

I had the same experience of paying the BTC for the shipping upgrade, and it still shows as payment due.
rograz

Activity: 575
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 05, 2013, 12:35:14 AM

So why are there no waffles here, I want some damn waffles god dammit.
thoughtcourier

Activity: 96
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 05, 2013, 03:57:38 AM

As a person who receives a lot of mail by USPS flat rate boxes (but typically not overnight), I take USPS Express to mean "overnight". There is priority and there is express. I'm not sure what the different tiers are in other mailing methods. Good luck with your problems.
Holographic

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

Global Currency for Global Unity

View Profile
May 05, 2013, 04:49:23 AM

Shipping Method
Express Shipping - Only

Thanks

I had the same experience of paying the BTC for the shipping upgrade, and it still shows as payment due.

Hi,

I experienced this as well. Upgraded shipping via BitPay, everything looked good, I got the green confirmation that payment was received in full and everything, but now more than 3 days later, it still says I have payment due. My order number is quite low (16xx), so I expect shipping to start soon and I would hate for it to be delayed because of some error in the system. Do these upgrades and payments need to be verified manually?

Josh, since you are answering questions in this thread, could you please take a moment to address this? At least we are being civil and polite about it, and I feel it is a legitimate concern. Thanks in advance for any clarification Smiley

smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
May 05, 2013, 05:40:53 AM

Ok, Why do my receipts from when I ordered last year say express shipping on them if I don't have express shipping? Why would I need to pay a additional 3k just to have a handful of boxes shipped a few hundred miles? Are we only talking about express shipping through usps? There one of the worst ways to ship packages. Unless the new singles are the size of a average car, I don't know what's going on here.

I'm in a generous mood.  I'll save Josh the trouble of his inevitable response.

Fuck you!  Eat shit!  You don't even deserve an answer, you fucking troll!
[/b]

See?  I'm even speedier at providing standard BFL customer support than they are.

You're welcome.

OMFG I LOLed hard.

Bravo. Spot on BFL customer service.

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
May 05, 2013, 05:46:31 AM

Why does it cost so much for express shipping? Will you be personally delivering them yourself via helicopter?

Dude they are going to be driving their Joogie car to you with your order and hand deliver them.

Hence the uber duper shipping costs.

"Express Shipping" the way to ship BFL ASICs....by broken slow ass development and then joogie car.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .

pikeadz

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 05, 2013, 05:47:45 AM

As a person who receives a lot of mail by USPS flat rate boxes (but typically not overnight), I take USPS Express to mean "overnight". There is priority and there is express. I'm not sure what the different tiers are in other mailing methods. Good luck with your problems.

It appears BFL is realizing only now what the immortal words of Biggy Smalls eluded to way back in 1997: "Mo' money, mo' problems."  Only second to Tupac's double platinum album the same year:  "Xpress shipping iz overnight 2 U muthafuckaz"
smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
May 05, 2013, 05:50:10 AM

If you paid prior to February for shipping, you didn't pay for express shipping.  All shipping was called express shipping prior to that, which is what the USPS calls it.  Express shipping is now and upgrade from standard shipping, which is still USPS's Express Shipping.  

Express is not exclusive to usps. It's a actual term. Obviously you guys know that, why else would you change it at the last minute? You could at least charge a reasonable price, these are price gouging rates. After delays, no customer support, missing specs and shipping orders out of position. You could at least do right by the customers this time... It's doesn't help offering a second shipping option anyway. It's just a last minute way to rake in more profits Customer Preorder Money to keep the ponzi going. And no one wants to go through usps anyway, they have the worst service of anyone.

FTFY

The writing is on the wall. Exorbitant shipping costs on top of original shipping costs + all the promises of power/speed all down the toilet?

As I been saying give BFL 4-6 months (give or take a few months) and they will implode if they do not rake in enough NEW customer preorder money to pay for Existing ASIC orders for EXISTING INVESTORS/Pre Order Customers.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
May 05, 2013, 05:54:10 AM

Pay us more money for shipping faster and we will get you your ASICs faster (another 10 months or so).

Point the finger everywhere else but yourself.  Tongue

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
May 05, 2013, 05:57:01 AM

A cash grab huh? You mean other than the fact that we don't want to offer upgraded shipping and we have resisted for a long time? I had to push fairly hard to get it at all because so many people kept demanding it. No upgraded shipping is a pain in the ass and we don't want to offer it at all.

Like I said, take it or leave it. We would rather not upgrade your shipping as it incurs too much overhead, so please don't upgrade.

Standard shipping has netted your customers 10 month wait, broken promises, excuses, delays, ...

So yeah I agree adding in "EXPRESS" shipping likely will not help get customers their orders shipped in any timely manner anyway.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: