Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 05:47:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BFL Downgraded my shipping?!  (Read 14200 times)
thoughtcourier

Activity: 96
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 06, 2013, 04:19:12 AM

As a person who receives a lot of mail by USPS flat rate boxes (but typically not overnight), I take USPS Express to mean "overnight". There is priority and there is express. I'm not sure what the different tiers are in other mailing methods. Good luck with your problems.

Wit flat rate, I would say that priority is synonymous with standard. I doubt they're doing flat rate, but I can't think of another set of shipping tiers where express means standard. So at least for the "downgrade" issue here, it looks like this is much ado about nothing.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
darkmule
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1005

View Profile
May 06, 2013, 04:38:21 AM

My advice?  Unless you're going to get a refund, if you have a gripe with this issue, wait until you get the box.  These scumbags at BFL are clearly not above retaliating against anyone who complains about their scummy and illegal practices.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2013, 06:22:11 AM

*Drops mic*
*Throws hands in the air*
*Walks off stage*

We are gathered here today...

(I was hunting an image depicting the day RS went nutsy-cuckoo, but opted for this as the humorist aside.)
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
May 06, 2013, 06:55:51 AM

Another week gone by...BFL still has not delivered to their customers.

LOL

I'm curious if they wont deliver to their first customers for ASICs by the 1 year mark in June.

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1003

View Profile
May 06, 2013, 07:37:46 AM

Another week gone by...BFL still has not delivered to their customers.

LOL

I'm curious if they wont deliver to their first customers for ASICs by the 1 year mark in June.
You keep jinx'ing them!

You keep saying "I hope" they will deliver by "xxxxx" thereby making the jinx take effect.

Next thing you know, they will finally pack the delivery truck on May 29th and the wheels will fall off as it starts to take off.

You need to stop the jinx....hyjinx.
Bicknellski

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 06, 2013, 08:00:53 AM

*Drops mic*
*Throws hands in the air*
*Walks off stage*

Unless someone has proof on an invoice or in writing somewhere that they were supposed to get Express shipping and it is not being honored...then I will have to say Inaba has the clear "Win".

Hes right when he says they don't have to offer any Express Shipping. *Priority* is not *Express*. Never has been, never will be.

LOL but the glaring fact is that Priority is not Standard either.

Mhmmmmmmm thats true, So where does this leave us now?

paying $258 to ship one single sc a few states away is where it leaves us.  i don't really care what the shipping offers are called, they're too damned high.

"Price gouging is a pejorative term referring to a situation in which a seller prices goods or commodities much higher than is considered reasonable or fair." See BFL.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
tigerfree
Legendary

Activity: 1015

View Profile
May 06, 2013, 08:39:08 AM

which April they mean  Huh Huh Huh Huh .
jeroenn13

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 06, 2013, 08:42:03 AM

which April they mean  Huh Huh Huh Huh .

April, 2015.

..bustadice..         ▄▄████████████▄▄
     ▄▄████████▀▀▀▀████████▄▄
   ▄███████████    ███████████▄
  █████    ████▄▄▄▄████    █████
 ██████    ████████▀▀██    ██████
██████████████████   █████████████
█████████████████▌  ▐█████████████
███    ██████████   ███████    ███
███    ████████▀   ▐███████    ███
██████████████      ██████████████
██████████████      ██████████████
 ██████████████▄▄▄▄██████████████
  ▀████████████████████████████▀
                     ▄▄███████▄▄
                  ▄███████████████▄
   ███████████  ▄████▀▀       ▀▀████▄
               ████▀      ██     ▀████
 ███████████  ████        ██       ████
             ████         ██        ████
███████████  ████     ▄▄▄▄██        ████
             ████     ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ████
 ███████████  ████                 ████
               ████▄             ▄████
   ███████████  ▀████▄▄       ▄▄████▀
                  ▀███████████████▀
                     ▀▀███████▀▀
           ▄██▄
           ████
            ██
            ▀▀
 ▄██████████████████████▄
██████▀▀██████████▀▀██████
█████    ████████    █████
█████▄  ▄████████▄  ▄█████
██████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
       ████████████
......Play......
Beans

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 06, 2013, 09:04:05 AM

Putting everything else a side. I would really like to know why some SC singles cost 10% more to ship express while others cost 20% more. I realize that 90-95% of the additional charge has nothing to do with actual shipping expenses being passed to the customer. I still don't see how shipping of identical products could very in price by hundreds of dollars...
Bicknellski

View Profile
May 06, 2013, 03:32:50 PM

Putting everything else a side. I would really like to know why some SC singles cost 10% more to ship express while others cost 20% more. I realize that 90-95% of the additional charge has nothing to do with actual shipping expenses being passed to the customer. I still don't see how shipping of identical products could very in price by hundreds of dollars...

"Price gouging is a pejorative term referring to a situation in which a seller prices goods or commodities much higher than is considered reasonable or fair." See BFL.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
yxt
Legendary

Activity: 3528
Merit: 1116

View Profile
May 06, 2013, 04:10:32 PM

cashflow problems  Grin

BTCKano Pool██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██
██
██
██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
   ██
   ██
   ██
   ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
   ██
   ██
   ██
   ██
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2013, 05:07:45 PM

Fuzzy Math. (since they rid the fuzzy date game, but still wants to play with fuzzy-wuzzy)
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 12:17:46 AM

Cashflow problems = ponzi

They are struggling to get new suckers to pay off the original suckers. Simple scam setup.

Not rocket science despite all of the Josh's statements claiming "MAKING ASIX IS HARD".

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

aigeezer
Legendary

Activity: 1450
Merit: 1013

Cryptanalyst castrated by his government, 1952

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 01:15:25 AM

If you want to upgrade your shipping, upgrade your shipping. If you don't, then don't, it's as simple as that.

That's good, but there's another messy bit that I hope you can clarify.

I upgraded my shipping a couple of days ago, paid through Bitpay from the BFL site and saw my order status change to:

Shipping Method
Express Shipping - Only

Yea! However, there is another new box that says "Upgrade Pending" and another that says "Amount due $95.00" even though I paid.

I gather from chatter on the BFL forums that others are seeing this kind of thing also.

I'm hoping you can post a generic clarification for people in this situation. So far, I've not sent individual help requests when the issue looks generic - I always look here and in BFL forums for answers to issues that seem to be generic.

Thanks

I had the same experience of paying the BTC for the shipping upgrade, and it still shows as payment due.

Hi,

I experienced this as well. Upgraded shipping via BitPay, everything looked good, I got the green confirmation that payment was received in full and everything, but now more than 3 days later, it still says I have payment due. My order number is quite low (16xx), so I expect shipping to start soon and I would hate for it to be delayed because of some error in the system. Do these upgrades and payments need to be verified manually?

Josh, since you are answering questions in this thread, could you please take a moment to address this? At least we are being civil and polite about it, and I feel it is a legitimate concern. Thanks in advance for any clarification Smiley

My dashboard page at BFL has changed today, I believe. A new (I think) clickable box says "Pay Upgrade", which I won't use since I already upgraded several days ago. The "view order" page still shows "Express Shipping - Only" but it still shows an amount due that ignores my BitPay payment. Has this happened to others now also? Holographic or peterepeat?...

PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1003

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 01:37:58 AM

Cashflow problems = ponzi

They are struggling to get new suckers to pay off the original suckers. Simple scam setup.

Not rocket science despite all of the Josh's statements claiming "MAKING ASIX IS HARD".
If they have the same problem as ADL, then the truth will be revealed on May 10th 2013....
Bicknellski

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 02:00:25 AM

Why are we waiting,
Could be masturbating,
Oh, why are we waiting,
So fuck-ing long.

Why are we waiting,
Could be fornicating,
Oh, why are we waiting?
Oh, why are we waiting?
Oh, why are we waiting,
So fucking long!

(repeat until beer BFL rig arrrives)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ci77llH0hy4

I think BFL customers may want to start the song and everyone can join in. Or post your version to YouTube and let BFL know that it is unacceptable to be waiting... waiting oh so long. Feel free to change the words and put your own spin on it. We don't wait for BEER why should we wait on BFL?

Holographic

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

Global Currency for Global Unity

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 07:37:58 AM

If you want to upgrade your shipping, upgrade your shipping. If you don't, then don't, it's as simple as that.

I upgraded my shipping a couple of days ago, paid through Bitpay from the BFL site and saw my order status change to:

Shipping Method
Express Shipping - Only

Yea! However, there is another new box that says "Upgrade Pending" and another that says "Amount due $95.00" even though I paid.

I gather from chatter on the BFL forums that others are seeing this kind of thing also.

I'm hoping you can post a generic clarification for people in this situation. So far, I've not sent individual help requests when the issue looks generic - I always look here and in BFL forums for answers to issues that seem to be generic.

Thanks

I had the same experience of paying the BTC for the shipping upgrade, and it still shows as payment due.

Hi,

I experienced this as well. Upgraded shipping via BitPay, everything looked good, I got the green confirmation that payment was received in full and everything, but now more than 3 days later, it still says I have payment due. My order number is quite low (16xx), so I expect shipping to start soon and I would hate for it to be delayed because of some error in the system. Do these upgrades and payments need to be verified manually?

Josh, since you are answering questions in this thread, could you please take a moment to address this? At least we are being civil and polite about it, and I feel it is a legitimate concern. Thanks in advance for any clarification Smiley

My dashboard page at BFL has changed today, I believe. A new (I think) clickable box says "Pay Upgrade", which I won't use since I already upgraded several days ago. The "view order" page still shows "Express Shipping - Only" but it still shows an amount due that ignores my BitPay payment. Has this happened to others now also? Holographic or peterepeat?...

Yeah, same thing here and it's really frustrating. Writing an email to BFL asking them to look into it is probably our best bet, but response time is really slow and if testing and assembly goes well this week, I would expect my order to ship not long after. I really don't want my order delayed because of this. All we can do is contact them and hope they get it sorted out I guess. My patience with BFL is running out to be honest, but it's not like I'm going to cancel my order now, so close to the finish line. I just wish they would take better care of their customers. Good luck to you getting it sorted btw, I know your pain.

aigeezer
Legendary

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 01:11:07 PM

Yeah, same thing here and it's really frustrating. Writing an email to BFL asking them to look into it is probably our best bet, but response time is really slow and if testing and assembly goes well this week, I would expect my order to ship not long after. I really don't want my order delayed because of this. All we can do is contact them and hope they get it sorted out I guess. My patience with BFL is running out to be honest, but it's not like I'm going to cancel my order now, so close to the finish line. I just wish they would take better care of their customers. Good luck to you getting it sorted btw, I know your pain.

Thanks. Good luck to you also! I just submitted a ticket. Sigh. They are their own worst enemy (but the trolls don't help).
peterepeat

Activity: 237
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 01:16:18 PM

Shipping Method
Express Shipping - Only

Thanks

Hi,

Yes this happened to me also. BitPay have confirmed the transaction. BFL have not returned email or ticket.
aigeezer
Legendary

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 11:01:56 PM

I just noticed a thread at the BFL forum where about sixteen people report problems (May 5th to May 7th) - with some minor variations on the theme of attempted upgrades to shipping not being recorded on the BFL order page after payment was made.

https://forums.butterflylabs.com/bfl-forum-miscellaneous/2372-order-stuck-limbo-bfl-please-help.html

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: