Bitcoin Forum
June 09, 2024, 05:09:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BFL Downgraded my shipping?!  (Read 14202 times)
Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 11:36:34 PM

I just noticed a thread at the BFL forum where about sixteen people report problems (May 5th to May 7th) - with some minor variations on the theme of attempted upgrades to shipping not being recorded on the BFL order page after payment was made.

https://forums.butterflylabs.com/bfl-forum-miscellaneous/2372-order-stuck-limbo-bfl-please-help.html

Two days and no responses from any staff ?

And Josh wonders why he gets trolled so viciously ?
aigeezer
Legendary

Activity: 1450
Merit: 1013

Cryptanalyst castrated by his government, 1952

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 01:14:41 AM

I just noticed a thread at the BFL forum where about sixteen people report problems (May 5th to May 7th) - with some minor variations on the theme of attempted upgrades to shipping not being recorded on the BFL order page after payment was made.

https://forums.butterflylabs.com/bfl-forum-miscellaneous/2372-order-stuck-limbo-bfl-please-help.html

Two days and no responses from any staff ?

And Josh wonders why he gets trolled so viciously ?

There was a response from BFL AM Dave 05-06-2013, 10:37 AM "We have updated our website to allow you to login to your account and pay for the upgrade if you have chosen to do so. When you view your orders, you can choose "Pay Upgrade" and you can choose the method of payment you want to use. So if you chose Bitcoin initially and now want to pay with PayPal, you can do that. We apologize for the inconvenience."

It didn't seem to address the issue on most peoples' minds, namely that they had paid but did not see that their order status showed the payment. That was/is my issue, and it seems to be a common one.
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 01:27:17 AM

It is just a matter of time before the masses of customers not getting their devices or customer service they deserve turn viciously on BFL...and that is the beginning of the end.

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

peterepeat

Activity: 237
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 08:20:16 AM

Update: Jody from Butterfly Labs returned my email and requested the BitPay receipt reference. They have now updated my order to "Processing" showing as fully paid. Smiley
Schrankwand

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 08:32:37 AM

Update: Jody from Butterfly Labs returned my email and requested the BitPay receipt reference. They have now updated my order to "Processing" showing as fully paid. Smiley

It is quite funny to think that if most of the fails BFL have had, were absolutely not intentional and everyone pretty well meaning there... think of the stress they must be in. Fun place to work Cheesy

My former boss, an incredibly successful strategic consultant, told me one thing: "Schrankwand, if you ever work for a company, make sure that company is the black numbers. Quit, once they are in the red. Red numbers for more than a year, that means hell for employees."
Beans

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 11:21:24 AM

Putting everything else a side. I would really like to know why some SC singles cost 10% more to ship express while others cost 20% more. I realize that 90-95% of the additional charge has nothing to do with actual shipping expenses being passed to the customer. I still don't see how shipping of identical products could very in price by hundreds of dollars...

"Price gouging is a pejorative term referring to a situation in which a seller prices goods or commodities much higher than is considered reasonable or fair." See BFL.

I know what it means.. $1000 to ship 4 singles is more then unreasonable. That's on top of what we paid the first time.. Acting like it's a hassle and there just doing it as a favor to us is just insulting. That's 20% of what they charged for the units themselves.
aigeezer
Legendary

Activity: 1450
Merit: 1013

Cryptanalyst castrated by his government, 1952

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 11:50:20 AM

Congratulations. That's very encouraging. No change to mine yet but your post gives me hope.   Smiley
erk

Activity: 826

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 11:53:32 AM

What I don't understand it in the past month, the standard shipping price on a 5GH/s miner has risen from $38 to $88 that's 50 bucks more for what?

smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 12:02:32 PM

What I don't understand it in the past month, the standard shipping price on a 5GH/s miner has risen from $38 to $88 that's 50 bucks more for what?

It is for R&D lol

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .

Bicknellski

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 12:06:16 PM

Price difference for new case for the units? Pretty much that plus mark up right?

When people do cost of btc to gh/s I hope they include the shipping costs.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
tom_o

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 12:08:35 PM

It is for R&D lol

I thought it was to pay for all those refunds people were requesting. I made an order the night before the HW price went up and couldn't find out how to pay. So so glad!
smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 12:18:54 PM

It is for R&D lol

I thought it was to pay for all those refunds people were requesting. I made an order the night before the HW price went up and couldn't find out how to pay. So so glad!

That too lol...Refunds & Development

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

Bicknellski

Activity: 924

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 01:14:35 PM

Scary people still opt for more pain instead of opting out all together.

Sad really.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
erk

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 09:10:38 PM

Sorry the last 5 posters are already on my ignore list so I will just proceed from my last post.

Upon further investigation, USPS charge about $80 for an international Express parcel, 3-5 business days delivery http://postcalc.usps.com/ so the current $88 shipping charge for the 5GH/s miner is reasonable. The original $38 charge was too low, and probably assumed only national customers not international.

k9quaint
Legendary

Activity: 1190

View Profile
May 13, 2013, 10:04:46 PM

Sorry I willfully ignore all things that do not conform with my predetermined world view.

You don't need to belabor that point.

Bitcoin is backed by the full faith and credit of YouTube comments.
Beans

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 05:49:11 AM

I sent them a copy of bitpay receipt and asked why my shipping status was still pending. Just got there response today, they want more money again.... They appear to be charging almost random amounts on there site. Prices very from $115 to $260 for shipping a single Jalapeno. Just depends if you draw the short stick I guess. Now I have 2 reciepts that say paid in full, with express shipping written on them. All I've earned is more time in limbo.  I'm tired of dealing with this kind of bs all the time. I paid 13 months ago and my order is still not in the system ffs!
erk

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 05:58:31 AM

I sent them a copy of bitpay receipt and asked why my shipping status was still pending. Just got there response today, they want more money again.... They appear to be charging almost random amounts on there site. Prices very from $115 to $260 for shipping a single Jalapeno. Just depends if you draw the short stick I guess. Now I have 2 reciepts that say paid in full, with express shipping written on them. All I've earned is more time in limbo.  I'm tired of dealing with this kind of bs all the time. I paid 13 months ago and my order is still not in the system ffs!

BFL say they use USPS  for standard shipping so check the calculator to see what you should be paying, it only takes a few secs.

http://postcalc.usps.com/

Beans

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 11:12:35 AM

BFL say they use USPS  for standard shipping so check the calculator to see what you should be paying, it only takes a few secs.

http://postcalc.usps.com/

These prices are nothing to do with shipping. They collected enough money to express ship everything the first time around. The USPS doesn't charge hundreds of dollars to ship a little package.
erk

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 11:54:43 AM

These prices are nothing to do with shipping. They collected enough money to express ship everything the first time around. The USPS doesn't charge hundreds of dollars to ship a little package.

You are obviously looking in the wrong section, it can easy be hundreds of dollars eg.

http://ircalc.usps.com/MailServices.aspx?country=10013&m=7&p=12&o=0&mt=7&oz=64108&l=20&w=15&h=10&g=0&r=True

Beans

View Profile
May 16, 2013, 10:41:22 AM

You are obviously looking in the wrong section, it can easy be hundreds of dollars eg.

http://ircalc.usps.com/MailServices.aspx?country=10013&m=7&p=12&o=0&mt=7&oz=64108&l=20&w=15&h=10&g=0&r=True

Sounds like you don't have any idea what your talking about to me. I didn't order a pallet of bricks from China. There rate has nothing to do with actual shipping charges, I don't know what makes you think otherwise. They could ship my order express for about $50. No one charges 1k to ship a box a few hundred miles, let alone the USPS.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: