Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 11:18:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin up altcoin dump  (Read 5164 times)
Gameroid

Activity: 798
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 29, 2017, 08:01:04 PM

ON the previous week, not only altcoin dump but also bitcoin and I have lost a big amount of money in that dump. Damn it. Everything was ridiculouos
you need to be very much careful. the market usually take correction at that time which cause the price of decrease but not too much. you just need to hold your bitcoin and not to sell it in such situation. i think through this way you can really prevent yourself from a big lost. i think the best thing is to study about the coin where we are are going to invest money.
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
klixion

Activity: 645
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 29, 2017, 08:32:54 PM

Cryptocurrency is like a roller coaster.  Yesterday, everything was red.  Now today, everything is green.  If only you had a crystal ball to see in the future, everyone would be rich over night.
nidacoinlove

Activity: 588
Merit: 254

View Profile
May 29, 2017, 08:36:49 PM

ON the previous week, not only altcoin dump but also bitcoin and I have lost a big amount of money in that dump. Damn it. Everything was ridiculouos
Sorry for your loss... The reason of the alts dumping is I guess some sort of proportional with the BTC. I think the BTC being a Pioneer in the crypto has influence over the alts.
phr0stbyt3

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 31, 2017, 02:19:50 AM

Most of the time when bitcoin price goes up altcoin price declines significantly so during this time people mostly sell their ethereum, dash and maybe ltc. So if the price of bitcoin goes really high it's better if you buy one of these. Nowadays the market is really unpredictable so can't really know which coin will be pumped when , but if you hold ether for a long time you can get some good profits
Finestream

Activity: 3024
Merit: 604

View Profile
May 31, 2017, 08:37:21 AM

Most of the time when bitcoin price goes up altcoin price declines significantly so during this time people mostly sell their ethereum, dash and maybe ltc. So if the price of bitcoin goes really high it's better if you buy one of these. Nowadays the market is really unpredictable so can't really know which coin will be pumped when , but if you hold ether for a long time you can get some good profits
Most of the altcoins dump but it is the trend all the time, what happen to Ethereum? Despite the increase of bitcoin's value Ethereum were also able to reach it's another all time high, by looking at https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/ethereum/, it's over 200 dollars now, it has not happen previously.

zulkarnaen

Activity: 504

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2017, 12:06:40 PM

Indeed at this time altcoin prices tend to be unstable and sometimes difficult to predict, maybe patience in holding a coin that has good potential of course can get a profit when the coin prices are actually rising.
Jewell

Activity: 490

View Profile
May 31, 2017, 12:19:03 PM

yes it is depending on bitcoin, price, as bitcoin is the main currency and most of the people like to invest in bitcoin specially when the price of bitcoin start increasing people put all their assets in bitcoin. they even sell all other altcoin for getting bitcoin to hold and when they realize that now the time is that bitcoin price will dump then they convert their bitcoin in to other potential altcoin and so the price of altcoins start bumping again.
Gaaara

Activity: 1106

View Profile
May 31, 2017, 02:50:16 PM

When the btc price goes up, what is now a good time to buy altcoin or sell bitcoin? Huh

Sell bitcoin of course, because as the bitcoin price goes down again the lower value you can sell your altcoin, and in fact even if the price of altcoin goes down as bitcoin goes up it will still has the same value (if buying using bitcoin.)

MOCKTAIL  -  THE  FIRST  SEMI-FUNGIBLE  TOKEN  ON  BSE 
        WEBSITE        WHITEPAPER        SMART CONTRACT        TWITTER        FACEBOOK        TELEGRAM        ANN

Monnt
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 31, 2017, 03:27:42 PM

When the btc price goes up, what is now a good time to buy altcoin or sell bitcoin? Huh

Sell bitcoin of course, because as the bitcoin price goes down again the lower value you can sell your altcoin, and in fact even if the price of altcoin goes down as bitcoin goes up it will still has the same value (if buying using bitcoin.)
I believe there will not be any definite plans with the respect to ups and downs of bitcoin prices impacting altcoin price levels. Because there were plenty of incidents when bitcoin prices were finding downfall whereas altcoins rising and also joining bitcoin prices for downfall. It is up to impacting current news and events. So, we cannot be sure all the times for sticking with one definite plan for this regard.
Gaaara

Activity: 1106

View Profile
May 31, 2017, 03:32:28 PM

I believe there will not be any definite plans with the respect to ups and downs of bitcoin prices impacting altcoin price levels. Because there were plenty of incidents when bitcoin prices were finding downfall whereas altcoins rising and also joining bitcoin prices for downfall. It is up to impacting current news and events. So, we cannot be sure all the times for sticking with one definite plan for this regard.

Thats true, but it is the safest among all the choices, if the bitcoin price goes high then selling is the easiest/safest way to ensure the incoming profit, because as we know altcoins are somehow complicated.

MOCKTAIL  -  THE  FIRST  SEMI-FUNGIBLE  TOKEN  ON  BSE 
        WEBSITE        WHITEPAPER        SMART CONTRACT        TWITTER        FACEBOOK        TELEGRAM        ANN

olubams

Activity: 798
Merit: 503

View Profile
May 31, 2017, 03:37:47 PM

For me I would say it actually depends on the alt one has keep an eye on because without that there is no way one would know which one has reduce in price as a result of the increase in the price of bitcoin considering the fact that all alts react differently to any changes witnessed in the price of bitcoin and one might be making a mistake thinking the price has fall ready to increase not knowing it has reached a peak and ready to start dropping.
BluePoppy

Activity: 57
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 31, 2017, 08:17:55 PM

If BTC price goes up, you can expect to altcoins go up as well. the prices of bitcoins and altcoins are very parallel to each other. the success of one coin will increase the success of other coins as well. cryptocurrency adoption is good for the whole market, not just for bitcoins.
Salazarian

Activity: 440

View Profile
May 31, 2017, 08:28:56 PM

you need to be very much careful. the market usually take correction at that time which cause the price of decrease but not too much. you just need to hold your bitcoin and not to sell it in such situation. i think through this way you can really prevent yourself from a big lost. i think the best thing is to study about the coin where we are are going to invest money.
to me i think those people who have good experience in trading, they know all the tic ticks in trading , investment and gambling.  i think experienced trader never trap by panic selling. i think most of the traders mostly invest their money in gambling for long term, as long term investment is more safer than short term investment, in long term investment we mostly do not care for the little dumps and are expecting a good profit after some time.

JellyO

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 01, 2017, 12:13:31 AM

to me i think those people who have good experience in trading, they know all the tic ticks in trading , investment and gambling.  i think experienced trader never trap by panic selling. i think most of the traders mostly invest their money in gambling for long term, as long term investment is more safer than short term investment, in long term investment we mostly do not care for the little dumps and are expecting a good profit after some time.
Experienced traders are emotionless while trading. they don't see their account balance as money but as a video game score. they make rational decisions and can make calculated decisions while under pressure. I dont have that much experience in trading so long term investing is more suitable for me.
Reid

Activity: 2870
Merit: 642

View Profile
June 01, 2017, 01:33:41 AM

Cryptocurrency is like a roller coaster.  Yesterday, everything was red.  Now today, everything is green.  If only you had a crystal ball to see in the future, everyone would be rich over night.

That will take off the balance of everything.
It is not always a win everytime we trade.
There will have to be losses in which we could learn from and see to it that next time will be different.
I have lost so much in trading but still it doesnt need to stop there.
It will be easier the next time.
Sanitough

Activity: 2828
Merit: 673

View Profile
June 01, 2017, 01:50:00 AM

That will take off the balance of everything.
It is not always a win everytime we trade.
There will have to be losses in which we could learn from and see to it that next time will be different.
I have lost so much in trading but still it doesnt need to stop there.
It will be easier the next time.
That's why you need patience to make a good timing, if you panic you lose in the game.
When the time is not in your favor, better hold it then sell when you see the green.
xuan87
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 01, 2017, 01:57:47 AM

Not all the time the alt coin price is going down when btc price is up, but for now buying alt coin is better than selling your bitcoin, bitcoin price will keep on rising, if you sell you will regret it, trading alt coin now is better because the price is quite unstable so there are many chance to earn profit but you need to choose which alt coin to trade, there are so many fake pumps so need to be extra careful when you buy alt coin

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░██████████████████████░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████████████████░░░░
░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░
░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████░░
░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████░░
░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████░██████░
░░░░░░░██████░░░░░█░░░░░████████░██████░
░░░░░░░███████░░░███░░░████░░███░██████░
░░░░░░░███████░░██░██░████░░███░░█████░░
░░░░░░░░██████░░██░░█░███░░███░░██████░░
░░░░░░░░░███████░██░█░█░░░███░░██████░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░██████░███░░░███░░░█████░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░██░░████░░░░░░██░░░██████░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░████░░░░░██████░░░█████░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░███░░░█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░██████░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
▂▂ ▃▃ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ TeraWATT █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▃▃ ▂▂
Global LED Adoption Through Blockchain Technology
≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒『ICO IS LIVE』≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒
WEBSITE』『WHITEPAPER
≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒
TWITTER』『TELEGRAM
Wipro

Activity: 924
Merit: 512

View Profile
June 01, 2017, 04:38:15 AM

Not all the time the alt coin price is going down when btc price is up, but for now buying alt coin is better than selling your bitcoin, bitcoin price will keep on rising, if you sell you will regret it, trading alt coin now is better because the price is quite unstable so there are many chance to earn profit but you need to choose which alt coin to trade, there are so many fake pumps so need to be extra careful when you buy alt coin

I will suggest to buy a litecoin or dodge as these altcoins value also moving upwards and Segwit seems activated on litecoin some weeks before. So you can buy the altcoin or start trading with altcoin both would right option now. Even whenever bitcoin price raises that time altcoins value also use to grow.
Buerra
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 01, 2017, 04:40:07 AM

All cryprocurrencies related to each other with  different chains. In forex you need to seel one currency to buuy another. It is almost same thing in this crypto markets. When one coin pumps,another one goes down. It is efficient market theory.
viking02

Activity: 770

🌟 COMSA ICO: 10/02/17 🌟

View Profile
June 01, 2017, 05:14:55 AM

So basically whenever bitcoin goes up, altcoin goes down and vice versa?

,,,,╓╖µpp╖╖,,,,
                         ,╓g▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄µ╖          ,╖
                     ,╓@▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓Ñ╖    ,@▓▌
                  ,á▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓µ╫▓▓▓▌
                ╓@▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▀╜╙            '╙▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
              ╓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▀`                       ╙▀▓▓▓███████▌
             @▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀`            ,,,,,         ,g▓███████▀`
           ╓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▀         ,µ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▓▓▄@, ,@▓███████▀
          ]▓▓▓▓███▓`       ╓▄▓█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█████████████▓╜
         ]▓▓▓▓█▓█╝       ╓▓█████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓████████████▀╜
         ▓▓▓▓███▌       ╙▓███████▓▒       "▀▓██████▀`
        ╫▓▓▓███▌          "▀████████▄        '▓██▀